Home U.S. Coin Forum

***Official Bald Eagle Order Thread!! Post your order#'s****Updated Pops Report **Great Pics Posted*

Comments

• aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    I just called and got the same old song and dance.

But she did say wait until Friday, if it's not done then, call back. So, I'm waiting until Friday.

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭
    My subscription for the 2008 State Quarter Proof Set has not even showed up on my account page. My guess is that the 3-coin set has been sold out for sometime and the mint can not consolidate their phone orders with their web orders because of the updated website.
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    I couldn't disagree with you more.

Well, hey, when you call the mint, you won't be on hold because of me!
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I called the Mint and all she could do was apologize for these coins "not being in stock."

She did say, "Your order is just fine, and you will be getting your coins soon. You never know when the warehouse will all of a sudden have the coins in stock....it could be 2 or 3 days, or sometimes even 3 or 4 weeks. And let me once again apologize on behalf of the Mint." image
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Copied from the other thread: I just called around 1/2 hour ago and my order almost instantly changed to in process...read below.

Wednesday January 30, 2008 6:26 PM (NEW!)

Ok, so on the advice of this thread I made the call pressed #2, and told them I wanted to verify CC info for my order, after address bla,bla,bla, lady mumbled something about a 10 day dollar hold, and then she counted to 11 under her breath, then said well its been 11 days so I will transfer you to a senior rep to release the hold. Same info with that person, said this happens sometimes and they'd need to manually release the hold, and transferred me to what he referred to as the claims dept, then the call got disconnected, called back hit 2 told them what happened, then guy said would transfer me to claims dept, then came back on said thanks for holding a minute longer, then he came back on and said my order had been released from "Hailed" status,...... I said is that good, and he repeated himself, I think he meant to say it was released from "Held Status", not Hailed Status...Anyway I said thanks, refreshed the order history page and it's now in process....

<< <i>Copied from the other thread: I just called around 1/2 hour ago and my order almost instantly changed to in process...read below.

Ok, so on the advice of this thread I made the call pressed #2, and told them I wanted to verify CC info for my order, after address bla,bla,bla, lady mumbled something about a 10 day dollar hold, and then she counted to 11 under her breath, then said well its been 11 days so I will transfer you to a senior rep to release the hold. Same info with that person, said this happens sometimes and they'd need to manually release the hold, and transferred me to what he referred to as the claims dept, then the call got disconnected, called back hit 2 told them what happened, then guy said would transfer me to claims dept, then came back on said thanks for holding a minute longer, then he came back on and said my order had been released from "Hailed" status,...... I said is that good, and he repeated himself, I think he meant to say it was released from "Held Status", not Hailed Status...Anyway I said thanks, refreshed the order history page and it's now in process.... >>

I was tranferred to a senior agent and he said "claims dept." has no stock to ship.

I think they are getting wise to this forum.

Screw it!!! I'll just wait in line like a good sheeple. image

• << <i>

<< <i>Copied from the other thread: I just called around 1/2 hour ago and my order almost instantly changed to in process...read below.

Ok, so on the advice of this thread I made the call pressed #2, and told them I wanted to verify CC info for my order, after address bla,bla,bla, lady mumbled something about a 10 day dollar hold, and then she counted to 11 under her breath, then said well its been 11 days so I will transfer you to a senior rep to release the hold. Same info with that person, said this happens sometimes and they'd need to manually release the hold, and transferred me to what he referred to as the claims dept, then the call got disconnected, called back hit 2 told them what happened, then guy said would transfer me to claims dept, then came back on said thanks for holding a minute longer, then he came back on and said my order had been released from "Hailed" status,...... I said is that good, and he repeated himself, I think he meant to say it was released from "Held Status", not Hailed Status...Anyway I said thanks, refreshed the order history page and it's now in process.... >>

I was tranferred to a senior agent and he said "claims dept." has no stock to ship.

Screw it!!! I'll just wait in line like a good sheeple. image >>

Well, I called this morning from work, here's how it went:

I press option 2, wait about 4-5 minutes

Young lady answers, I tell her I want to verify my credit card info

She gets all my info and order number, than tells me she is going to get a senior rep

Senior rep gets on the phone

Verifies my order number, all the other security information the other lady just asked, and my credit card number (after being on hold another 4-5 minutes)

then, an uncomfortable silence, kind of like he was saying " well....what do you want"

I ask him, why is the status on hold

He states "there is a 10 day credit dollar hold"

I tell him I ordered on the 15th, its been more than 10 days, why haven't the coins shipped?

He then replies "because there is a hold"

Why, I ask, is there a hold?

We went through this exact Abott and Costello routine, for 10 minutes!!!!! Either this kid busted a gut laughing, or our Mint employs employees who are more dense than the lead china is sneaking into our durable goods....

I was gonna pull the ole' "let me speak to your supervisor".....but at this point i had spent about 25 minutes of time at work on a phone call with this fellow.

Man, the aggravation, and waste of productive time on this really makes it not worth it....

What the heck is up with the Mint?? Are we not the Greastest Nation on the face of this Earth??? Can we not even get our Mint to operate properly???

sheeeesh

<< <i>

<< <i>

Screw it!!! I'll just wait in line like a good sheeple. image >>

Well, I called this morning from work, here's how it went:

I press option 2, wait about 4-5 minutes

Young lady answers, I tell her I want to verify my credit card info

She gets all my info and order number, than tells me she is going to get a senior rep

Senior rep gets on the phone

Verifies my order number, all the other security information the other lady just asked, and my credit card number (after being on hold another 4-5 minutes)

then, an uncomfortable silence, kind of like he was saying " well....what do you want"

I ask him, why is the status on hold

I tell him I ordered on the 15th, its been more than 10 days, why haven't the coins shipped?

He then replies "because there is a hold"

Why, I ask, is there a hold?

We went through this exact Abott and Costello routine, for 10 minutes!!!!! Either this kid busted a gut laughing, or our Mint employs employees who are more dense than the lead china is sneaking into our durable goods....

I was gonna pull the ole' "let me speak to your supervisor".....but at this point i had spent about 25 minutes of time at work on a phone call with this fellow.

Man, the aggravation, and waste of productive time on this really makes it not worth it....

What the heck is up with the Mint?? Are we not the Greastest Nation on the face of this Earth??? Can we not even get our Mint to operate properly???

sheeeesh >>

sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh!!!!

Going from Order is on Hold to Order is In process used to be a minor wait.....NOW???????????????????? sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh sheeeesh!!!! image

Man do I understand!!!!!!!
  • YOU TWO JUST EXPERIENCED WHAT I WROTE ABOUT YESTERDAY!!!! man was i frazzled.... but i held that in check called back today, i physically asked her to listen to my credit card number to make sure they had it correct, she put me on hold (this was a much nicer girl than yesterday) came back and said they moved me from on hold to in processing, just like when we ordered this stuff, BE PATIENT!!! keep trying, once a day, don't go the ask for the supervisor route, that has proven very ineffective, as government employees have the most job security in the world, (unless they engage in sexual harrassment and aren't the president of this great land image)..... So my message is, try to stay positive, yesterday I was ready to just cancel the damn orders and be done with it, but gave it ONE MORE DAY, and I no longer have the option to cancel..... GOOD LUCK!!!
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    the (p)resident and Ahhnold were a mile away from my home today at Robinson Helicopters in So. Calif. (look it up on any news site).. maybe i should have gone over there and shouted "free my coins! free my coins! God Almighty! free my coins!" over the heads of the phalanx of SS agents and press.. or.. find an SS agent (after all, they work for the Dept. of the Treasury).. and asked him to talk into his cuff and ask them to take my order off of hold.. but.. the thought of spending the rest of my life getting waterboarded and beaten with rubber hoses got the better of me.. so i didn't.. but a news helicopter shot on CNN with a chyron overlay of "coin collector goes berzerk at Presidential Helicopter Factory Tour" might have been amusing (to someone else..) ..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..

<< <i>the (p)resident and Ahhnold were a mile away from my home today at Robinson Helicopters in So. Calif. (look it up on any news site).. maybe i should have gone over there and shouted "free my coins! free my coins! God Almighty! free my coins!" over the heads of the phalanx of SS agents and press.. or.. find an SS agent (after all, they work for the Dept. of the Treasury).. and asked him to talk into his cuff and ask them to take my order off of hold.. but.. the thought of spending the rest of my life getting waterboarded and beaten with rubber hoses got the better of me.. so i didn't.. but a news helicopter shot on CNN with a chyron overlay of "coin collector goes berzerk at Presidential Helicopter Factory Tour" might have been amusing (to someone else..) .. >>

Linky

Did you say waterboarding?????? image
  • I will try and get to the "Promised Land" one more time tommorrow....The Spirit is willing, but the customer service is weak!!!!lol
    I have yet to see a Bald Eagle Gold Unc pic post!!!!!!!!

Anyone????? image

Is the Mint feeling a tad bit 'verklempt' over this issue????

• nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have yet to see a Bald Eagle Gold Unc pic post!!!!!!!!

Anyone????? image

Is the Mint feeling a tad bit 'verklempt' over this issue???? >>

Goldbully, you Geraman?

<< <i>

<< <i>I have yet to see a Bald Eagle Gold Unc pic post!!!!!!!!

Anyone????? image

Is the Mint feeling a tad bit 'verklempt' over this issue???? >>

Goldbully, you Geraman? >>

I'm actually 25% Geraman.

This eBay auction was a bust tonight...... Waste
  • Here's the best shots I could do for tonight. I'm not a professional coin photographer like a lot of you are, so here goes.
    Sorry for not getting all the blue "fluff" off the holder. I thought it was off, but the pictures tell otherwise.

• SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭
    Very Niceimage
    Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Just a slight update this morning, my order now says in process still, and the 3 coin set, gold and silver uncircs still say in stock and reserved, but now the clad 1/2 says backordered expected to ship 2-11, instead of 1-29 (which it still said yesterday). So it looks like those will be late, as soon as I notice my stuff shipped I will post on here. Good luck today with customer service!
  • Has anyone received the box set yet???
    Thanks
  • Has anyone received the box set yet???

check back a couple pages someone posted a pic.
    Well, last night I made the call, went from rep, to senior rep, to claims dept, they changed my order to in process, cancel box just disappeared this morning, maybe they'll ship it soon....image
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭
    Well, it looks as if the bald eagle is coming down to earth. Sets are selling on ebay now for only about $20 more than cost. Taking into account fees for eBay and Pay Pal, sellers at those prices may or may not be breaking even.

The $1 looks beautiful though. I'm looking forward to receiving mine.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • I was surprised how much they were going for when you can still buy them from the mint, I am not sure if the set is a short term flip or more of a long term play yet, but I do expect them to go back up when they are actually sold out and in hand. I did buy the 3 coin set to sell, when I am not sure yet, but I plan on keeping the three uncircs (and having the gold sent it as my quarterly special). I wont sell the set for 20 dollars over cost though, I would just keep it long term for that. They are very nice looking coins, and can't wait to see them in person!
  • I placed another order and we are up some 135,000 orders from when the first order was posted to this forum. 27937xxx It's interesting that all options are still available. I know a lot of orders for other products are in the 135,000 orders. I also know that many orders were bulk orders, except for the 3 piece proof set of course. I ordered a few of the 1/2 dollar coins in both uncirculated and proof as I like the design and detail more than any modern commemorative to date. I wish the mint had used silver rather than clad though. If they don't do anything, oh well, I can use them as gifts or coasters.

Edited to correct spelling etc.
  • I don't know how "valid" this is, but I just called the mint to inquire about the shipping status of the 3-coin sets. I was informed that "no one will have one until March 1st."

My order shows "on hold" and "in stock and reserved." It was ordered within the first 2 hours of going on sale...

Eric
    EAC member since 2011, one third of the way through my 1793 large cent type set

• << <i>I don't know how "valid" this is, but I just called the mint to inquire about the shipping status of the 3-coin sets. I was informed that "no one will have one until March 1st."

My order shows "on hold" and "in stock and reserved." It was ordered within the first 2 hours of going on sale...

Eric >>

WTF is going on?

I was told the exact same thing about my proof dollar after it arrived in my mail.

I called the Mint about my half proof and while speaking they sdaid just what you stated about all of the Bald Eagle coins.

This is strange.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    My three coins indicates back ordered, expected ship date 02/07/08

<< <i>My three coins indicates back ordered, expected ship date 02/07/08 >>

My 10 sets were also pushed up to 2/7 from 3/1 image
  • lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't know how "valid" this is, but I just called the mint to inquire about the shipping status of the 3-coin sets. I was informed that "no one will have one until March 1st."

Eric >>

WTF is going on?

I was told the exact same thing about my proof dollar after it arrived in my mail.

I called the Mint about my half proof and while speaking they sdaid just what you stated about all of the Bald Eagle coins.

This is strange. >>

I spoke with CS this morning and the woman was very polite. My order still shows "In stock and reserved" as well, but I ordered it probably 5 days in. She told me (just like everyone else) that they are BO'd until 3/1. BUT, she did say this was the 2nd batch that are being worked on now, which makes sense with all the people here who have received them already. I also asked about sell outs and she said as long as their computers allow them to place orders for people, it usually means the products are all still available. So no sell outs yet! (that the Mint has realized anyway)

I think the Mint Reps who are saying NO ONE will get them til 3/1 either are underestimating our knowledge, or just don't care.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW......Just got off the phone w/Mint. UNC and Proof $1 are minted to orders. He said they are making them as demanded by orders. He said don't expect them before March 1st. UNC and PR 50c should be shipped 2/11. All coin and medal set should ship by March 15th. The Kennedy 50c bags were shipping today. I get the distinct feeling they are winging it when asked questions.

<< <i>FWIW......Just got off the phone w/Mint. UNC and Proof $1 are minted to orders. He said they are making them as demanded by orders. He said don't expect them before March 1st. UNC and PR 50c should be shipped 2/11. All coin and medal set should ship by March 15th. The Kennedy 50c bags were shipping today. I get the distinct feeling they are winging it when asked questions. >>

That's some real efficiency!!!!! image
  • I got my three coin set yesterday, and it is gorgeous. The set was ordered the evening of the first day.

I was one of the ones that called and got the "hold" removed by having them check my credit card.
  • Puritan, do you mind sharing your order number (strike the last 3 digits)? Mine is 27803xxx and I'm still on hold. I called again and spoke to someone who told me that my order is getting ready to ship and the "dollar hold" on the order should be cleared within a few days.

We'll see when it shows up. It would be nice to get some consistent information out of the mint...

Eric
    EAC member since 2011, one third of the way through my 1793 large cent type set
  • After alot of deliberation, I will be sending my dollar back, there is no gaurantee that the Mint Store will get the coins and at this point, I can get another coin while they are in stock.

As I stated in another thread, this coin had a grease stain on it and at first, I thought it was the fuzz from the holder.

After cl;oser inspection, I think someone did try to clean the coin before it shipped. SO, back it goes. The Mint folks tell me the whole process should take 2 weeks.

• Just off the phone with the Mint. Said I wanted to check my credit card info. Info was correct and was told the gold proofs and the 3 coin set would ship March 1st. Said both were backordered. I told her that I knew of other people receiving their 3 coin set already. She said they show as backordered. No luck on my part on getting my order to speed up. I ordered mine on the evening of the 15th.

Oh well, I will have extra time to sell more magazine subscriptions to pay for my coins!!

Jim

Positive BST transactions with UnknownComic Cucamongacoin PlatinumDuck Coll3ctor Gerard x 2 Sevensteps jdimmick
    unfortunately, The Mint is a monopoly, and as such, they can get away with this kind of pathetic "customer service".. unless you get lucky on eBay, there is NO other single source of freshly-issued Mint products at issue price except The Mint.. and so they take a "We're The Mint.. we don't have to care" attitude.. no one would put up with this kind of malarky from, say, oh.. Amazon.com.. if they gave you lousy service, ya just buy yer CDs and DVDs and books and whatever somewhere else.. same product, usually the same prices.. competition drives them to try to please.. when a company HAS no competition, they can treat their customers like crap because they know just like pigs to the trough, we'll keep coming back for more.. who else is there to buy this stuff from at the same price?.. well, like i said, once in a while you can get lucky.. just for the halibut, i decided to get a Jamestown Unc. DollEr a couple of weeks ago.. of course The Mint had yanked them off sale in December, but i snatched one in original packaging.. on eBay for like $23.00, which is a lot less than The Mint was charging for them when they WERE still on sale there..

unfortunately, i don't think that's gonna be possible with the Baldies.. especially the three-coin Proof set and the coin and medal set.. both limited Editions..

my gut tells me that some of these Baldie options HAVE to have sold out by now, and The Mint's inventory system is so screwed up that the phone reps simply have bad information about how many are left to sell.. but i've tried TWICE to get my set, ordered by phone the first hour of the first day.. taken off "hold" and on to the next step and i've failed twice.. i MIGHT give them one more call tomorrow and see if i can get any progress on it, but this is getting very tiresome.. my time isn't worthless.. and i am NOT going to pay more than issue price for it from some bozo on eBay.. or even worse, from a dealer..

why some people who ordered by phone with plastic in the first hours of the first day of ordering already have them, while others are "in process" while others are still "on hold" is an utter mystery to me..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    Here is the reason for the HOLD status:

BEFORE, the Mint would 'check' your CC and if it was OK, the order would go in 'process'. Then weeks or months later, they would ship it and charge your CC for real. The problem was that over the weeks and/or months, the limit on the CC was exceeded. The Mint ran into problems with this.

NOW, we have the 'new' way of doing it. Your order stays on HOLD until your next up for shipping, the CC gets hit, if everything is OK, the product is shipped.

Sound good ?? This is what I've pieced together after talking to a number of Reps.

• EricSan,
    My number is the same as yours except for the last three number. I know I got through about 9:30pm EST because I tried all day. Why I should be before many people, I don't know except I did get them to change my order to in process. The Mint is really screwed up.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is the reason for the HOLD status:

BEFORE, the Mint would 'check' your CC and if it was OK, the order would go in 'process'. Then weeks or months later, they would ship it and charge your CC for real. The problem was that over the weeks and/or months, the limit on the CC was exceeded. The Mint ran into problems with this.

NOW, we have the 'new' way of doing it. Your order stays on HOLD until your next up for shipping, the CC gets hit, if everything is OK, the product is shipped.

Sound good ?? This is what I've pieced together after talking to a number of Reps. >>

Makes sense image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • RockdogzRockdogz Posts: 145 ✭✭✭

<< <i>EricSan,
    My number is the same as yours except for the last three number. I know I got through about 9:30pm EST because I tried all day. Why I should be before many people, I don't know except I did get them to change my order to in process. The Mint is really screwed up. >>

I agree - my number was 27801xxx and haven't seen a thing in the mail. So much for a low order number meaning anything.

Sound good ?? This is what I've pieced together after talking to a number of Reps. >>

except i'm using a Debit card with a MC logo on it, (and an expiration date about three years from now).. so it's "bi".. i can use it as a debit card OR a Credit Card.. (when i buy something in person, like at the supermarket, and i swipe the card through the card reader, i can choose whether to enter a PIN and use it as a debit card, or not enter a PIN and use it as a credit card).. but either way, the money is coming from my bank account.. where there's.. well.. let's just say "plenty" to cover this purchase.. if i order something over the phone, or online.. it's ALWAYS used as a credit card by default.. since you only use your PIN number in person.. but whether it's used in person, on the phone, or online.. the purchase price still comes from the exact same source - the bank account the card is linked to.. a CC that is purely a CC is an entirely different kind of beast..

i much prefer using a debit card.. it's impossible to build up huge amounts of CC debt with one, since it's basically the same as paying in cash.. you can't go into CC Hell by going over yoru limit since your limit is your bank balance.. no interest charges, no late fees, no over-limit fees..

Oh their just drunk and obviously making up this stuff as they go along...image
    Oucheroo!!! image

No winners here!!!
    Interesting to note that Order #27836547 has been delivered and shipped Jan 23rd...Seems they are out of order...image

<< <i>Oucheroo!!! image

No winners here!!! >>

you beat me thereimage
  • here is my first attempt at Proof Coinage photography

<< <i>here is my first attempt at Proof Coinage photography

image >>

You're gettin' it Rah!!! I love the green hue, and I love the Eagle Obverse!!!! image

Wish my Baldie Silver Proofs were in hand so I could photo.

• << <i>You're gettin' it Rah!!! I love the green hue, and I love the Eagle Obverse!!!! image >>

Smoe how I can't get that greenish tint out.....tried white balance settings....other settings....nothing....tried knocking green down in my photo editor...that looked worse....back to the drawing board

<< <i>

<< <i>You're gettin' it Rah!!! I love the green hue, and I love the Eagle Obverse!!!! image >>

Smoe how I can't get that greenish tint out.....tried white balance settings....other settings....nothing....tried knocking green down in my photo editor...that looked worse....back to the drawing board >>

You need to talk to JapanJohn....he's great!!!!!!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file