1863 M.L. Marshall, Oswego, New York, 19mm Diameter, Copper, Fuld-NY695A-2a, Adams/Miller-NY-1014, Rarity-1
This variety is excessively scarce with even trace red as most all survivors are fully chocolate brown.
Morgan L. Marshall was the proprietor of a fishing tackle and coin shop located in New York's Finger Lakes region of Lake Ontario. Morgan whose nickname was “Blunt” born in 1822 in Oneida County. He developed an interest in the outdoors particular fishing and his general store emphasized sports equipment but stocked other dry goods as well. He served as president of the Oswego Horticultural Club. He was important in the Oswego Leather Stocking Club a group that was prominent in the suppression of illegal fishing and the taking of game. His numismatic activities have been recorded but lightly as he was active in an era before any regularly issued publications in the hobby. The advent of the American Journal of Numismatics did not occur until May 1866.