Home U.S. Coin Forum

***Official Bald Eagle Order Thread!! Post your order#'s****Updated Pops Report **Great Pics Posted*

Comments

• mark511mark511 Posts: 364 ✭✭
    I called and told them this was silly. The rep put me on hold and then released the hold. First call.
  • I finally did the deed and asked to speak to a supervisor...I calmly stated to her that I was frustrated with the fact that I was one of the first who ordered, yet I was still on hold....
    Two seconds later, she stated i should have my eagles by Friday. Thank you customer service representative supervisor Lakeesha (I think that is how she spells her name)imageimage

Finally moved to 'in process'....image
  • My order number was 27805605 for the 3 coin set. I cancelled my order today because people who have posted in this thread have recieved their sets before me, although they were ordered later. When I called the Mint, their representative lied to me over and over again to excuse the incompetance and stupidity of the system that allowed this to happen. I will be writing the mint director to file my complaint...as well as my state representative.

Snapdragon

(edited to add...",although they were ordered later.")

• << <i>My order number was 27805605 for the 3 coin set. I cancelled my order today because people who have posted in this thread have recieved their sets before me, although they were ordered later. When I called the Mint, their representative lied to me over and over again to excuse the incompetance and stupidity of the system that allowed this to happen. I will be writing the mint director to file my complaint...as well as my state representative.

Snapdragon

(edited to add...",although they were ordered later.") >>

Good...That will show them!!
  • Well, the Fedex tracking thing works....both my orders will be here by tomorrow at 10:30am. But, how do I know what the contents actually are? I really cant go by weight, because each order had different amounts of the Proof/Unc dollars, and Proof/Unc halves. Great little trick to find out if they have shipped, as my orders, according to the Mints site, are still being processed. I'll get them in hand before they post my tracking # on the Mints site. Funny thing is, my CC hasnt even been hit yet. Strange things going on at the Mint.

Stayed tuned to find out if nutz4coinz got both his 3 piece sets...both orders show them 'in stock and reserved' on the Mints site, so, it should be an interesting day tomorrow.

edited to add: Snapdragon...because of the calls that were made by other forum members, I made that call, and kept going up the ladder, learned that they automatically put on hold orders for over $300 or $350, but the hold time is way too long. After I made my call, which was maybe Thurs, more like Friday, it lit that fire under the Mints collective arses. Who knows how long I would have waited to get them had I NOT called. Another example of the squeaky wheel getting the grease, I guess. Sure, I was PO'd like you, but you CAN have things expedited if you call 'em on it. Noone above the CSR's want to get calls on orders, so, when they get them, they cant be bothered to listen to it and just get it done and expedite it.

• << <i>My order number was 27805605 for the 3 coin set. I cancelled my order today because people who have posted in this thread have recieved their sets before me, although they were ordered later. When I called the Mint, their representative lied to me over and over again to excuse the incompetance and stupidity of the system that allowed this to happen. I will be writing the mint director to file my complaint...as well as my state representative.

Snapdragon

(edited to add...",although they were ordered later.") >>

I agree with you, I would have done the same thing today had not that supervisor promised me that I would receive my order on Friday and seeing it changed to 'in process' online.

They should be embarassed with what went on, and is still today going on with this offering...this is not a fiasco, this is just blatant incompetence.

oh, rg1342, that baby picture freaks me out, that is just plain weird!!!!
  • Unfortunately, after my conversation with the mint, there was no change in the "hold" status of my order..which in light of your experience and quite a few others, absolutely proves my claim of preferential treatment by the mint.

Snapdragon
  • If you have recieved your 3 coin set and your order number is higher than 27805605 please PM me with your order number and delivery date, so I can use the information to explain to Mr. Moy why his organization is disfunctional. Please do not include any information that might compromise your account security. If your order number is lower than 27805605 and you have not recieved your 3-coin set, please send the same info.

Snapdragon

• Snapdragon...both my orders are MUCH higher than yours...27812XXX and 27837XXX....but again, as I said, just that one phone call got the job done. They just dont like people that speak up. Where the Mint has a monopoly on the product, I guess they like it better if we are all good little drones that will just wait patiently until the merchandise arrives. YOU should be getting yours WELL before me. Though, I think the call you made, if you had said 'let me talk to YOUR boss' until you get to a guy that just wants to do 'other things' at work (and just doesnt want to bother explaining anything, its easier for them to just go to the computer, crunch a couple keys, and BANG), your order more than likely would have gotten to you Monday/Tues at the latest.
  • Of my several small orders.. This one for B Eagle UNC's were just plain enough to cry over.. Looks like they rolled all the way across the mint floor after lunch ( turned into Bullion ). Never ever had coins smell like garlic before.
  • Second note.. Let me call a name to those bad baldies.

"Boomerang Baldies" They threw them at me and they're coming right back.
  • I agree...nutz. This is a systemic problem that needs to be addressed by the mint. Its not incompetance...its favoratism...or maybe its just"oiling the squeekiest wheel." But its not a fair method of dealing with market demand, and I dont like getting screwed. I called the mint 5 times every 15 minutes for 6 hours to get that order in on the 15th and then they sent my coins to someone else, apparently because they called to complain first. When I called and asked them why they shipped my coins to someone else, they "explained" to me that some cards clear in 3 days and some take 5....but since it had been 20 days, the argument didnt make any sense. I am not sure what the Mint's issue with me is, but I do intend to find out.

Snapdragon

• I checked my order status. Guess what. A FedEx tracking number stating delivery to be by 12:00 Noon today. It's about time. Now I just hope the coins are not rolling around, like marbles, inside the box.image
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order Status: Your order request has been shipped. image

Tracking Number(s):
    95321120xxxx FEDERAL EXPRESS
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>

Harv,

Once my order turned to In Process, it took 48 hours before I could use the order# at FedEx.......as the Mint would say...."Try again tomorrow.

Good luck!!! Bet it works on Wednesday. >>

bet yer wrong.. let's just checkypoo..

{{click click type type}}

"Order number: 2780xxxx

Order Date:

Order Status: Your order request is in process. "

status: in stock and reserved.. [x] cancel box still there..

{{click click over to Fedex Web altenate Tracking Web site.. enter order number, country, Zip code, shoe size, blood type..}}..

"Not found
    No information for the following shipments has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact Customer Service."

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..

<< <i>

<< <i>

Harv,

Once my order turned to In Process, it took 48 hours before I could use the order# at FedEx.......as the Mint would say...."Try again tomorrow.

Good luck!!! Bet it works on Wednesday. >>

bet yer wrong.. let's just checkypoo..

{{click click type type}}

"Order number: 2780xxxx

Order Date:

Order Status: Your order request is in process. "

status: in stock and reserved.. [x] cancel box still there..

{{click click over to Fedex Web altenate Tracking Web site.. enter order number, country, Zip code, shoe size, blood type..}}..

"Not found
    No information for the following shipments has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact Customer Service."

image >>

Stop hitting your head against the wall...tomorrow is the day FedEx recoginizes your order#...I mean it!

Hey, why not call Whitney tonight!!!! image

<< <i>
    Stop hitting your head against the wall...tomorrow is the day FedEx recoginizes your order#...I mean it!

Hey, why not call Whitney tonight!!!! image >>

what.. and have him lecture me again?.. no thanks.. i might as well call Whitney Houston.. at least i'd get a song instead of a lecture..

"your song request is on hold"..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • Trust me, it's about to drop, The Great Zambino says your cancel boxes will disappear tommorrow.... just trust me.... image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wow gotta headache just reading that, Why can't you track the first order that changed to in process? >>

sorry about that, chief.. here, have a Tylenol 500.. or if you'd prefer, a double-shot of Kahlua..

i can't Track the first order that changed to in process yet because that Fedex "track by order number instead of Tracking number" thingie won't work until the Mint puts that looooooooooooooong number on its Track Order results page.. trying to Track it with JUST the order number results in no results.. i just tried it.. >>

My Bad, gotta wait for that cancel box to diss, before the fedex thing will work....I'm sure that will be next, orders will be in process but we will need to call to release the hold on the cancel box.....image

<< <i>Trust me, it's about to drop, The Great Zambino says your cancel boxes will disappear tommorrow.... just trust me.... image >>

He's right, Harv.....I forgot that those darn Cancel boxes need to go bye byes!!!!

The Great Zambino has spoken!!!!! image
  • Well, for ME, its still a friggin' mess. The Mint's fullfilment center called in for tracking #'s from Fedex. They had an expected arrival time of 10:30am, today, according to Fedex's site. At noontime, I called Fedex to see where my items may be, as I was gettin' all fidgity wanting to see these suckers. Fedex THEN explained they had gotten the info sent, but DIDNT have the packages (the center wrapped 'em all up nice nice, put my shipping label/tracking number on it, but didnt ship it till today). Funny, as of last nite, on the Mints website, there were no tracking numbers, but today, as I checked while on hold with Fedex), noticed the mint posted my tracking numbers. Soooo, I have to wait another day to see if I got both 3 piece sets.....I will let you all know....

<< <i>Well, for ME, its still a friggin' mess. The Mint's fullfilment center called in for tracking #'s from Fedex. They had an expected arrival time of 10:30am, today, according to Fedex's site. At noontime, I called Fedex to see where my items may be, as I was gettin' all fidgity wanting to see these suckers. Fedex THEN explained they had gotten the info sent, but DIDNT have the packages (the center wrapped 'em all up nice nice, put my shipping label/tracking number on it, but didnt ship it till today). Funny, as of last nite, on the Mints website, there were no tracking numbers, but today, as I checked while on hold with Fedex), noticed the mint posted my tracking numbers. Soooo, I have to wait another day to see if I got both 3 piece sets.....I will let you all know.... >>

Me too....same deal.....just one 3 coin set though.........you are getting 2 sets??? image

Everything about this Baldie sale has been a disaster!!!!

• << <i>Well, for ME, its still a friggin' mess. The Mint's fullfilment center called in for tracking #'s from Fedex. They had an expected arrival time of 10:30am, today, according to Fedex's site. At noontime, I called Fedex to see where my items may be, as I was gettin' all fidgity wanting to see these suckers. Fedex THEN explained they had gotten the info sent, but DIDNT have the packages (the center wrapped 'em all up nice nice, put my shipping label/tracking number on it, but didnt ship it till today). Funny, as of last nite, on the Mints website, there were no tracking numbers, but today, as I checked while on hold with Fedex), noticed the mint posted my tracking numbers. Soooo, I have to wait another day to see if I got both 3 piece sets.....I will let you all know.... >>

Y'all need to realize, TN (where the fed x main center is) got hit with major tornados last night, my understanding is everything is about a day behind at least.
    Latest on eBay......................

Mint Sealed Box $455 Sold

• << <i>Latest on eBay......................

[L=Mint Sealed Box $455

Hardly worth the effort
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA

<< <i>

<< <i>Latest on eBay......................

[L=Mint Sealed Box $455

Hardly worth the effort >>

20% return in a month is pretty nice.

After Paypal and eBay fees........more like 15%....is this about right??
  • Goldbully...I ordered a 3 piece and a few of the other options, originally, on the 16th (after having tried calling numerous times), and decided to get some more, as I just love that Dollar coin. I called again on the 19th (got right through, first time), and ordered a 3 piece and more of the dollar and half dollar coins (was a difference in quantities, so weight would be different). BOTH orders, which are now en route, had the 3 piece set on them (according to the mints website, they APPEAR, right now, to both be en route). As I said, the CC hasnt been hit yet, so I can confirm either way, and probably wont be able to until I open up the packages (unless I only got one, and they cancelled the second, then the package size itself, will be much smaller). It HAS been a friggin disaster, from day one, on these things.

<< <i>Goldbully...I ordered a 3 piece and a few of the other options, originally, on the 16th (after having tried calling numerous times), and decided to get some more, as I just love that Dollar coin. I called again on the 19th (got right through, first time), and ordered a 3 piece and more of the dollar and half dollar coins (was a difference in quantities, so weight would be different). BOTH orders, which are now en route, had the 3 piece set on them (according to the mints website, they APPEAR, right now, to both be en route). As I said, the CC hasnt been hit yet, so I can confirm either way, and probably wont be able to until I open up the packages (unless I only got one, and they cancelled the second, then the package size itself, will be much smaller). It HAS been a friggin disaster, from day one, on these things. >>

You think you are getting 2 sets of the 3 coin Baldie set, nutz4coinz????

Please keep us informed.

Do you really have two FedEx tracking #'s posted on the Mint Website??

Friggin disaster???? Ya think?????????

<< <i>

<< <i>

Hey, why not call Whitney tonight!!!! image >>

what.. and have him lecture me again?.. no thanks.. i might as well call Whitney Houston.. at least i'd get a song instead of a lecture..

"your song request is on hold"..

image >>

Harv, I don't mean to pile on, but I JUST got this email from the U.S. Mint..................

We shipped the items listed below today.
    Thank you for shopping at the United States Mint Online
    Catalog; we hope you'll visit again soon.
    Track your order at http://catalog.usmint.gov
    Questions about returns or cancellations?
    Please visit http://catalog.usmint.gov
    Thanks again for shopping with the U.S. Mint.
    Electronic gift certificates are now available!

Order #: 27804xxx - 1 Order Date: 1/15/08

Sold To: Goldbully

Ship To: Goldbully
    Date Shipped: 2/06/08

Amount Charged : 923.35

Tracking ID

2956260866857xxxx
    95321120xxxx

Items included in this shipment:

1. 2008 BALD EAGLE 3-COIN PRF SET (EA7) Qty : 1

2. 2008 BALD EAGLE $5 GOLD UNC (EA2) Qty : 1

3. 2008 BALD EAGLE $1 SILVER PRF (EA3) Qty : 3

4. 2008 BALD EAGLE $1 SILVER UNC (EA4) Qty : 3

5. 2008 BALD EAGLE $0.50 CLAD PRF (EA5) Qty : 2

6. 2008 BALD EAGLE $0.50 CLAD UNC (EA6) Qty : 2

This is a system generated e-mail. Please do not reply.
    If you have questions, please visit the Help page at
    http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT.
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
    Does any one know what the sales stat is for the 3-Coin Set?
    Thanks!
  • Just got off the phone with the mint. They say mine is backordered until March 1, 2008. Order Number: 27804***
    "It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." - Brendan Behan

Proud Participant in Operation "Stone Holey" August 7, 2008

<< <i>Just got off the phone with the mint. They say mine is backordered until March 1, 2008. Order Number: 27804*** >>

that's the same thing one of their walking talking fenceposts told me last week.. even though i calmly explained to her that people are getting them, that there are actual sets "in hand" with actual photographs of them on eBay and here and other places, she INSISTED that NO ONE could possibly have one yet, that NONE of them are being shipped until 01 March, 2008 (including mine).. no matter how early one ordered a set or sets and that anyone depicting one anywhere was using a "photograph from the brochure" (she was so computer illterate, the concept of "right click / save as" of a Web graphic was beyond her ability to comprehend.. apparently, so was the concept of using a digital camera to take actual pictures of something in someone's actual possessiion..

meanwhile, as a follow-up to my "your post gave me a headache" of the other day, (scroll back to read it).. the $370.00+ the Mint charged me for the second three-coin Proof set i ordered under the advice of one of their other fenceposts by opening an account.. well that charge, a pending "debit authorization" mysteriously dropped off my online banking overnight and is no longer there.. so despite another CSR telling me that that cancelled order, as in "you can't order more than one" charge would drop off around 02/27/2008 instead vanished overnight, and the money is back in my bank account..

and furthermore (i feel like i'm doing a filibuster on the floor of the Senate).. i just checked my FIRST order yet again.. it still shows "in process", the [x] cancel box is still there, no charge has come through for it yet, and there's no way to Track it..

and to wrap this up, last week i placed a second order for some singles.. a Proof and Unc. Baldie DollEr, same of each of the Halves, plus the Coin and Medal set.. so far, the Mint has hit my card with a debit authorization of roughly $30.00 which covers the Halves only.. and on that second order, which totals about $150.00 or something like that, the whole order is "in process", some items are shown back-ordered, some (the Halves) are shown "in stock and reserved", all the cancel boxes are gone, and i've received nothing yet..

so.. i expect the Halves will show up in the mail one of these days.. the DollEr singles probably in early March, and the item i wanted most of all, the three-coin Proof set.. who freakin' knows.. they haven't charged me for it, it shows "in process", it shows "in stock and reseved", the cancel box is still there, and i'll believe i own it when Fedex, or the mailman, or Captain Kangafreakinroo knocks on my front door and hands it to me..

i'm not gonna call those "people" again.. it's utterly hopeless.. and i've already wasted enough time on it that i could have used the same amount of time to carve Mount Rushmore with a dull spoon..
  • This is posted by manorcourtman on another thread, please don't shoot the messenger image

"This info comes from FedEx not the Mint. I had a order that supposedly shipped Monday Fedex overnight. Well today is Thursday and no package. I called the Mint and they had no idea what was going on. So I called Fedex this morning. Just got off the phone with them. The nice Lady tells me the Mint shipping building is closed and has no plans on reopening due to the tornado damage in the area. So if you are expecting a package you are SOL. Expect some serious delays. Hopefully noone was hurt but your order is now dead in the water. "

Mint Stats: Some New Numbers Make Their Appearance
    By David C. Harper
    February 07, 2008
    Other News & Articles
    Mint Stats: Some New Numbers Make Their Appearance
    Living With Lincolns
    Where to Begin - Suggestions for a Better Approach to Coin Collecting

The annual reconstruction of the stats page has begun. You will notice the disappearance of last year's commemorative box and the appearance of the Bald Eagle coin numbers.

The three-coin proof set has not yet sold out, but it is getting close. Though the coins are also available individually, the package seems to attract buyers to the three-coin set. The Young Collector's Set has no mintage limitations.

The January American Eagle bullion numbers show strong demand for silver versions followed by gold. The high price of platinum might be holding back buyers of platinum Eagles. Gold Buffaloes are up, too.

Some coin sales numbers are still not available, so they have not changed in this presentation.

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad I cancelled mine.

• << <i>I'm so glad I cancelled mine. >>

me too...my brother needs a set
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Would have been interesting if it were a first strike eligible product...
  • This may be why MY packages, with an original ship date of 02/05/08, delivery Overnight Signature on 02/06/08, are not here yet. It may explain why I no longer have an arrival date on the Fedex website. I was told by Fedex yesterday, after having an 02/06/08 10:30am delivery, the did not have my items, that they only had the INFO on my items. Calling the mint, I was told they were not shipped on the 5th, but on the 6th, meaning an Overnight Signature delivery would be TODAY. Well, no info on the Fedex web site, so I called the Mint, AGAIN, and went up the ladder, AGAIN, and was told my items were shipped YESTERDAY. I was ALSO told that the Mint does NOT have a contract with Fedex for overnight delivery (this comes from the Mint manager I spoke with)...is this BS or??? I was told it would be 3-5 days delivery time from YESTERDAY, the 6th. Certainly, I want my items, and am more than PO'd they are not in the Mints possesion, nor in Fedex's possesion, so my stuff is in hyperspace somewhere. HOWEVER, before I get jumped on, the tragedy of those storms is MORE than understandable as to why, perhaps, my items are 'among the missing'. If someone at the Mint could just shoot from the hip and tell irate customers that 'we apologize, but due to the tragic storms, shipments will be delayed for an undetermined amount of time', then customers, like myself, would not hang up irate at all...more than likely understanding the situation. I am NOT a bad person, the total value of my items cant compare in value to human life, I DO care about human life (not to mention, that their WAYS of life are greatly affected in a bad, bad way, as it will take the locals years to come back from this). If someone at the Mint had the nads to just shoot straight, and tell us whats going on, perhaps their CSR's wouldnt cringe every time their phone goes off, as they know most calls will be because of this nightmare they call the 'Bald Eagle Program'. It's been a nightmare from the day they went on sale, and it looks like its going to get worse before it gets better. I was told to check tomorrow on Fedex's site (by a lovely woman named Lovejoy-no shyte, thats her first name, her given name, and because of her pleasant manner, calmed me down) to see if information had changed. I will keep you posted...and remember, I am STILL trying to find out if I got the 2 3 piece sets.........that is all...for now....the plot thickens!!!

Edited to add: On my order page on the Mints website, I still show as having both 3 piece sets shipped, YET, my CC STILL hasnt been dinged yet....this is just unbelievable (the Mints handling of this).
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This may be why MY packages, with an original ship date of 02/05/08, delivery Overnight Signature on 02/06/08, are not here yet. It may explain why I no longer have an arrival date on the Fedex website. I was told by Fedex yesterday, after having an 02/06/08 10:30am delivery, the did not have my items, that they only had the INFO on my items. Calling the mint, I was told they were not shipped on the 5th, but on the 6th, meaning an Overnight Signature delivery would be TODAY. Well, no info on the Fedex web site, so I called the Mint, AGAIN, and went up the ladder, AGAIN, and was told my items were shipped YESTERDAY. I was ALSO told that the Mint does NOT have a contract with Fedex for overnight delivery (this comes from the Mint manager I spoke with)...is this BS or??? I was told it would be 3-5 days delivery time from YESTERDAY, the 6th. Certainly, I want my items, and am more than PO'd they are not in the Mints possesion, nor in Fedex's possesion, so my stuff is in hyperspace somewhere. HOWEVER, before I get jumped on, the tragedy of those storms is MORE than understandable as to why, perhaps, my items are 'among the missing'. If someone at the Mint could just shoot from the hip and tell irate customers that 'we apologize, but due to the tragic storms, shipments will be delayed for an undetermined amount of time', then customers, like myself, would not hang up irate at all...more than likely understanding the situation. I am NOT a bad person, the total value of my items cant compare in value to human life, I DO care about human life (not to mention, that their WAYS of life are greatly affected in a bad, bad way, as it will take the locals years to come back from this). If someone at the Mint had the nads to just shoot straight, and tell us whats going on, perhaps their CSR's wouldnt cringe every time their phone goes off, as they know most calls will be because of this nightmare they call the 'Bald Eagle Program'. It's been a nightmare from the day they went on sale, and it looks like its going to get worse before it gets better. I was told to check tomorrow on Fedex's site (by a lovely woman named Lovejoy-no shyte, thats her first name, her given name, and because of her pleasant manner, calmed me down) to see if information had changed. I will keep you posted...and remember, I am STILL trying to find out if I got the 2 3 piece sets.........that is all...for now....the plot thickens!!! >>

The Mint has no clue what is going on. The storms just throw another monkeywrench into the equation. FedEx told me what was going on, the Mint telephone drones are clueless.
    the plot thickens?.. Raymond Chandler couldn't write a plot like this.. or Cornell Woolrich.. or James Freakin' Joyce.. i agree with you that loss and suffering in the area of the Tornados far outweighs a bunch of us getting some coins.. Tornados in that part of the country aren't unusual.. but in FEBRUARY?.. extremely unusual.. at this point i don't know if i'll ever get any of these coins.. or, if i do, how long it'll take.. i'm almost semi-pseudo tempted to buy the three-coin set for up to a $100.00 premium if any dealers at the Long Beach show next weekend have any.. but somethingn tells me that the number of them out there are so thin that finding one at a show for under $500.00 will be highly unlikely.. the way my luck has been going with my order.. by the time i walk through the doors into that show, Gold will be over $1000.00/oz..

• 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭
    Sheesh! As my complaining to the mint about previous commemorative and AGE/ASE orders did NOTHING to speed them up, I figured that I'd take a patient approach this time around...no calling, just occasionally checking on my orders--27827XXX, 27878XXX, 27898XXX all which have said in stock and reserved. After reading through this thread again today reading of the exasperation of some, I figured I'd check the website to see whether they'd been shipped. Nope...order on hold.

Okay, now I get to call and speak with a 'customer care representative'.

Me: Why is my order on hold?
    Rep: Because your order is more than $300 and we have to check your credit card manually

Me: I've never had this in the past--usually its done automatically and the mint just ships the coins
    Rep: It's a new policy...I guess this has been in this status for more than 10 days so I'll put in an order telling themto remove the hold and to send your order

Me: What would have happened if I didn't call?
    Rep: Oh, the automated system would have probably gotten to your order eventually.

Me: So I would still have received the coins I ordered?
    Rep: Well, that's the way its supposed to go. I can't ever really say for sure.

What nonsense!!![/]
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • It seems the mint has changed the packaging for the BE half dollars. For the worse I might add. IMHO

<< <i>It seems the mint has changed the packaging for the BE half dollars. For the worse I might add. IMHO >>

Got Pics??

How do you know this?

Not sure why the Mint would change the packaging in mid stream.

Link
  • I just got the uncirc half a couple days ago, it is as the mint has it pictured, but it is a cheesy cardboard/plastic holder. I guess for an 8 dollar coin, you probably shouldn't expect much more, glad I didn't buy this one "for the box" though! image

• << <i>I just got the uncirc half a couple days ago, it is as the mint has it pictured, but it is a cheesy cardboard/plastic holder. I guess for an 8 dollar coin, you probably shouldn't expect much more, glad I didn't buy this one "for the box" though! image >>

Hello...give me a break. How else is the Mint supposed to make money???image
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Can the newbie ask a possibly stupid question? First off, may the Lord help those poor people who were part of those tragic tornadoes, my heart goes out to them, as well as I am sure everyone on this board feels the same way.

Question, when I get my set and my proof, and I submit it to PCGS for grading, am I
    1) losing the box (I guess I can ask for it back)
    2) doing something that is waste of time for whatever the reason?
    3) Are all the holders for PCGS the same? (I have bought some 1/10 AGE PCGS graded)

I just think It would be kind of exciting to see what the pro's will grade them being my first aquisition, but maybe this is the wrong coin to submit?

<< <i>...Question, when I get my set and my proof, and I submit it to PCGS for grading, am I
    1) losing the box (I guess I can ask for it back)
    2) doing something that is waste of time for whatever the reason?
    3) Are all the holders for PCGS the same? (I have bought some 1/10 AGE PCGS graded)

I just think It would be kind of exciting to see what the pro's will grade them being my first aquisition, but maybe this is the wrong coin to submit? >>

Welcome 2G.E.1!

1) Because these aren't 1st strike eligible, you can open the box and just send in the coin, so you can keep it.

2) I guess the answer all depends on your objectives. For example, you may just love having moderns graded, you may be looking just to flip out the 70s for a quick profit, etc.

3) I believe the current holders are all the same.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • You can submit the coins in their plastic round cases they come in without shipping the whole box. I am not having the 3 coin set graded, but am sending the uncirc dollar and 5 dollar coins in. I would recommend keeping all of the original packaging, including the clear coin holders if you are sending the set in (just put the coins in the saflips), as the COA and box could make your "3 coin set" more valuable in the future with all the original packaging should you ever decide to sell it. JMO.
    Wow, the gold eagles appear to be a huge hit!

The mint's already sold 42,815 proofs and 9,610 uncs. 52% of the maximum mintage already.
    While I may not have the final mintages, the '07 Jamestown I have as 47,123 proof /18,623, and the '06 SF 44,174 proof, 16,149 unc.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Thanks 53 and Rg...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file