Home U.S. Coin Forum

***Official Bald Eagle Order Thread!! Post your order#'s****Updated Pops Report **Great Pics Posted*

Comments

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>You're gettin' it Rah!!! I love the green hue, and I love the Eagle Obverse!!!! image >>

Smoe how I can't get that greenish tint out.....tried white balance settings....other settings....nothing....tried knocking green down in my photo editor...that looked worse....back to the drawing board >>

You need to talk to JapanJohn....he's great!!!!!!!!! >>

cool...this theard just reached 600 posts....

Yes agreed......he amazes me with his photography skills.....The USMC commem he did was GREAT!!!!!!!!
  • Got this net order delivered from SINGAPORE today.. even though I have Mint orders in I thought I would try the Pacific Rim purchase route.

Amazing that the CHINESE get their order so quickly. (Chinese fellow shipping from Singapore)

Coin Photo
  • RockdogzRockdogz Posts: 145 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i much prefer using a debit card.. it's impossible to build up huge amounts of CC debt with one, since it's basically the same as paying in cash.. you can't go into CC Hell by going over yoru limit since your limit is your bank balance.. no interest charges, no late fees, no over-limit fees.. >>

(sorry for going OT here..)

Be careful using that debit card for online purchases - my understanding is that credit cards limit your loss via fraud to $50, but if someone empties your bank account through your debit card, then it may not be recoverable...

• hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>i much prefer using a debit card.. it's impossible to build up huge amounts of CC debt with one, since it's basically the same as paying in cash.. you can't go into CC Hell by going over yoru limit since your limit is your bank balance.. no interest charges, no late fees, no over-limit fees.. >>

(sorry for going OT here..)

Be careful using that debit card for online purchases - my understanding is that credit cards limit your loss via fraud to $50, but if someone empties your bank account through your debit card, then it may not be recoverable... >>

don't worry.. i know the pitfalls and measures are in place, and i'll say no more image ..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..

• << <i>eBay - 368.65 for the set >>

Caution: OT

So, if the mint is delayed in shipping past the one month after the auction ends. This seller ends up sending the money back. An interest free loan for a month?
    Positive BST transactions with UnknownComic Cucamongacoin PlatinumDuck Coll3ctor Gerard x 2 Sevensteps jdimmick
  • nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>eBay - 368.65 for the set >>

Caution: OT

So, if the mint is delayed in shipping past the one month after the auction ends. This seller ends up sending the money back. An interest free loan for a month? >>

Not worth the headache and a chance of getting a negative feedback, IMO
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Well, last night I made the call, went from rep, to senior rep, to claims dept, they changed my order to in process, cancel box just disappeared this morning, maybe they'll ship it soon....image >>

Update: I made that call on Wednesday night, according to Fedex tracking, I will have the set Monday Morning Feb 4th before 10:30.... I ordered on Jan 15th at 8pm est...
  • WOO HOO, thanks casman, I just checked and mine should be here in a couple hours! I called Wednesday, but during the day. I have the 3 coin proof set, and the the uncirc gold and silver that show they are about to be delivered. The half is still backordered til 2-11.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
    Great news, also I wonder how long it's gonna take them to realize that they've got thousands of orders just sitting there cause of a breakdown in this alleged 10 day hold thing....Conversation at the Warehouse: G- Looks like nobody wanted these 3 piece eagle sets, so far we've only shipped a few dozen.....image
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    i MIGHT give them one more call tomorrow and see if i can get any progress on it, but this is getting very tiresome.. my time isn't worthless..

Like I said before, if you're worried about your order.... when the box arrives, open it, and if the stuff is in there... then you got it!
  • Feb 1, 2008 6:49 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery image

Battery's Charged in the ole 995, just waiting on the big white truck!
  • Note to the US Mint et all

MR McKitrick after careful consideration I think your new system SUCKS

Ding! There's your Post of the Week, folks.

• << <i>i MIGHT give them one more call tomorrow and see if i can get any progress on it, but this is getting very tiresome.. my time isn't worthless..

Like I said before, if you're worried about your order.... when the box arrives, open it, and if the stuff is in there... then you got it! >>

You have nothing to do but to post the same moron statements over and over?? Get a life
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You have nothing to do but to post the same moron statements over and over?? Get a life >>

rgl: WTF?
    You may want to remove the broomstick from your hind quarters!
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!

• << <i>

<< <i>You have nothing to do but to post the same moron statements over and over?? Get a life >>

You may want to remove the broomstick from your hind quarters! >>

<< <i>i MIGHT give them one more call tomorrow and see if i can get any progress on it, but this is getting very tiresome.. my time isn't worthless..

Like I said before, if you're worried about your order.... when the box arrives, open it, and if the stuff is in there... then you got it! >>

Thanks for the advise on doing nothing, Which so far hasn't worked, obviously there is an issue with the order processing..Some people are actually interested in receiving stuff that they buy....

• << <i>

<< <i>

You may want to remove the broomstick from your hind quarters! >>

image >>

What a picture! Will post pics in a second....
  • +1 Trying to get this off the bottom of the page so I can post pics
  • Ladies and Gentlemen the US MINT Bald Eagle Program.....

Gold Uncirc:

Silver Uncirc:

3 Coin Proof Set:

• wonderful coins!
  • nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    The baby chicks freak me out
  • No uncirc of that one yet (still on backorder), but since I will probably eventually sell the three coin proof set, I think I am going to put in another order for the proof silver dollar and half, these are some cool looking coins in hand!
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i was going to remark that the proof gold and silver dollar look the best, thanks for the post!
  • The gold Unc looks very nice, one of the few Unc's I prefer over the Proofs. Thanks for the pictures rgCoinGuy image
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• I just noticed that all of my bald Eagle order is posted as "in stock and reserved", but the order is "on hold".image
    Gary

• << <i>I just noticed that all of my bald Eagle order is posted as "in stock and reserved", but the order is "on hold".image >>

mine is also, can i ask what your order # is. mine is 27803xxx thanks!!
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ladies and Gentlemen the US MINT Bald Eagle Program.....

Gold Uncirc:

Silver Uncirc:

3 Coin Proof Set:

image >>

Great pics rgCoinGuy!!!

Thanks much!!!! image
  • LITTLEEAGLE,
    My order #278281XX.

Gary
    Gary
  • Nice, RgCoinGuy!!

Anyone have any ideas how to get the orders moved form hold to in process status? Ialready tried the Credit Card thing, no help there.....
  • Thanks everyone, I am impressed with the quality of them. I need to re-image the gold proof, looks like it got some dust or lint on it. All I did was the credit card thing, you may do it more than once, I truly believe it matters who you get when you call, so I would just call once a day until it comes off hold. Be sure to have them verify the numbers on your credit card are the same as the order.

• << <i>Nice, RgCoinGuy!!

Anyone have any ideas how to get the orders moved form hold to in process status? Ialready tried the Credit Card thing, no help there..... >>

They are faster than Daniel Carr
  • bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pics of these ya'll. I got my Prf and Uncir Dollars Wed. but I don't have my camera set-up right now.
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
    WOW!!!
    It's just me but I like the Uncircs a lot!
  • Just checked, I am moved from "on hold" to "in process" image

I called yesterday and was told March 1st for everyone and everything. I called again this morning to "Verify" shipping address and credit card number. She looked up my order and verified all the info and said I was past the ten day wait and she would send the order on!

Oh, order number 27807xxx.
    Positive BST transactions with UnknownComic Cucamongacoin PlatinumDuck Coll3ctor Gerard x 2 Sevensteps jdimmick

<< <i>Just checked, I am moved from "on hold" to "in process" image

I called yesterday and was told March 1st for everyone and everything. I called again this morning to "Verify" shipping address and credit card number. She looked up my order and verified all the info and said I was past the ten day wait and she would send the order on!

Oh, order number 27807xxx. >>

27802xxx ordered between 9am and 10am, on 15 January, 2008..

you people who are making these magical faery dust phone calls to Miss Tinkerbell Miracle Worker who can switch your order from "on hold" to "we love you and we'll ship it right out" with some Magical Mystery incantation.. must lead charmed lives.. i talked to another rep this morning who, speaking in a dialect somewhat resembling a combination of Ebonics, English, Klingon and gibberish.. told me there was nothing she could do and i'd just have to keep waiting because "the computer is way behind.." .. i wish i had the NAME and badge number of whoever you people are talking to.. someone there who doesn't have the IQ of a fencepost, who can work this magic with my order because i called three times this week, and got the same answer from each one of them with whom i spoke.. i'm "verifying" all the same information with them, and they all give me the same "nuttin' we can do about it blame it on the computer it's way behind blah blah etc. etc." answer.. even if i had a rep's name and Badge number, and called and said i needed to talk to her because Kang and Kodos abducted her cat and it burst into flames, they probably wouldn't switch me to her anyway..

they keep saying don't worry be happy the computer will get to you and you'll get your set and other stuff you ordered it's not going to be given to someone else we haven't charged you for it yet anyway.. i keep a nice, pleasant, polite tone with them.. i don't get angry, i don't scream and yell.. and it's like p!ss!ng into the wind.. and every time i log in here, someone else posts that he made a phone call and chanted some Freemasons thing and blammo.. a second later Fedex is knocking on his door with his package of joy..

unfreakinbelievable.. where's the Tylenol..

imageimageimageimage
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • Oh, I had that person yesterday....

sorry.
    Harv,

I just took 2 tylenol.

I was on the Mint phone tonight with a gentleman that goes by the name of Whitney...probably his last name.

Very crusty, but likeable personality, kept me on the phone for over 18 minutes.

He apologized for the inconvenience and said that these coins take several "paths."

He said many buyers think they are Eagle bullion coins....must be a bit of Mint humor. image

After my 6th on hold with Whitney, he said that he was in the process of filing out an online form to get me out of "Hold Status."

He said there was no reason why my order should not ship as it met all the "proper path criteria." image

I then ask, well is all OK??

Whitney then says, call the Mint Tuesday to see if your order is on the way.

Thank you Mr. xxxx for your patience!!!

Sheeeeesh!!!! All I could think was Hillary and Obama will surely fix the Mint. image

I'll keep you posted...this call was by far my best experience, yet what good did it do....I'm still "On Hold."

<< <i>
    I'll keep you posted...this call was by far my best experience, yet what good did it do....I'm still "On Hold." >>

well then we can go sit over on the Group W.. err.. "on hold" bench and throw bread crumbs to the pigeons.. i have never had this much folderol with any Mint order.. ever.. i ordered the 10nd Anniversary Platinum Eagles set and it went from on hold to in process to shipped to delivered in under three days.. they sucked two grand out of my bank account so fast you would've gotten whiplash watching that money fly off to DC.. and the same with everything else i've ever ordered.. i mean what company can you actually TRY to throw over $500.00 at and over two weeks later they still won't release the order for the product you're trying to give them that much money at them for?..

• super photos rg...

I got mine earlier in the week....I do like them....however....wish I could take the reverse of the half....and stick it on the dollar........

oh well... Mint director Moy didn't ask me.....

since we all have been a little bird-brained here since the "Baldies" went on sale....I have another Bird idea......

2009 is the 200th anniversary of Edgar Alan Poe's birth....Commemorative coin with him on the obverse.....and the reverse would feature the meanest-ass looking raven you can find.....Ravens are cool....

Oh well.....it is 2008..to late for 2009 coin legislation I believe.....

RAH

<< <i>

<< <i>
    I'll keep you posted...this call was by far my best experience, yet what good did it do....I'm still "On Hold." >>

well then we can go sit over on the Group W.. err.. "on hold" bench and throw bread crumbs to the pigeons.. i have never had this much folderol with any Mint order.. ever.. i ordered the 10nd Anniversary Platinum Eagles set and it went from on hold to in process to shipped to delivered in under three days.. they sucked two grand out of my bank account so fast you would've gotten whiplash watching that money fly off to DC.. and the same with everything else i've ever ordered.. i mean what company can you actually TRY to throw over $500.00 at and over two weeks later they still won't release the order for the product you're trying to give them that much money at them for?.. >>

If my company doesn't ship a $50 order in 48 hours..................there is hell to be paid!!!!!!

Does the U.S. Mint use P&L statements??

Do they use standard accounting practices??

Have they heard of Fifo??

This new online Webstore service must be a government-based entity.

Anyone for Universal Health Care????

Let's see, Mint coinage or my health insurance??? image

Just venting......Gov't is NOT the answer!!!!!!
  • Well!!! you can always call the Mint Director!!...........image
  • OK, gonna repost these so they are on the current thread

Gold Uncirc:

Silver Uncirc:

3 Coin Proof Set:

• << <i>Well!!! you can always call the Mint Director!!...........image >>

call him what? imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just called and they "released the Hold". what a pain. Should have called earlier as My order was in the first day in the first few hours. After seeing everyone else is getting theirs I decided to call.

Should see them next week I hope!

ErrorsOnCoins
    i just spoke with the (in)famous Wh*tn*y and he told me "shipping on 1 March, 2008".. i had an interesting discussion with him.. well perhaps "interesting" is the wrong word.. strage? bizarre? dream-like?.. he told me i had TEN accounts with the Mint.. i didn't know i had ANY accounts!.. i don't log in there with a user name and password like Amazon.com.. i don't have a CC# "on file" with them.. i don't have a subscription.. said it'll take forever to look this up.. i said i have my order number right here.. he verified my name, address, email address, phone number, shoe size, blood type, hair color, i held my Drivers' License up to the phone..

anyway, i don't know if i actually made any progress.. he did *something*.. i know not what.. then he said HE Tracked it after he did whatever he did, and it still said "on hold", shipping on that date and that EVERYONE's three-coin Baldie set is shipping on that date. i told him sir, i have seen actual photographs of them "in hand" and not brochure pictures and not Web site pictures (where the Gold piece is in the wrong place).. and that when i Tracked the order right after i placed it, it said something like "shipping 01/29/2008".. he INSISTED NO ONE's is shipping until 03/01/2008..

he sounded kind of frustrated with me and said i wasn't listening to what he was saying (i was! i was!).. i tried to inject some humor into the conversation.. i have NO idea if whatever i just did or whatever he just did will speed it up or not.. but he didn't use the "you should not still be on hold after 10 days" verbiage with me..
    so there ya go.. i give up and i'll just wait.. after talking to him for over ten minutes, i honestly don't know if anything changed or not.. heh..

so those of you who HAVE the set in hand, it isn't shipping until 1 March, 2008.. so you can't possibly have it.. you're all making it up!.. that's what he told me, so it MUST be true..

by the way, i asked him if he was a Mint employee or worked for a sub-contractor fulfillment company and he said "you're not allowed to ask that."

HAHhHAHHAHAHAhhahHAhAha.. {{thud}}..

<< <i>I just called and they "released the Hold". what a pain. Should have called earlier as My order was in the first day in the first few hours. After seeing everyone else is getting theirs I decided to call.

Should see them next week I hope!

ErrorsOnCoins >>

Oh yeah, go online and check your order status!!!

Bet it's still "On Hold."
  • Just to clarify, I posted coin pics, but this is the 3 coin set, see below....

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rg -- thanks for posting the pics -- great shots. I have to say that the proof dollar obverse is the most striking. Detail in the wings on the mirrored finished is one of the finest coins I've seen in a while. The gold, is ho hummmmm, and the eaglets are interesting but STILL UGLY. The reverse is quite attractive though, too bad it's CLAD.

Mine are still "on hold" although the mint rep sez they should be (now) released Monday...
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • 2008 BALD EAGLE 3-COIN PRF SET (EA7)

I just ordered one 2-2-08 and have confirmation too, saying it will be 3-1-08 before it gets shipped.
    Peace and Prosper.............

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file