Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***Official Bald Eagle Order Thread!! Post your order#'s****Updated Pops Report **Great Pics Posted*

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
Friggin' Mint is crawling!!!!!! image

Comments

• Options
    Its amazing, it go slow a full 30 mintues ago and still 7 minutes until the sale.
  • Options

<< <i>Its amazing, it go slow a full 30 mintues ago and still 7 minutes until the sale. >>

Still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!! image

Remember post order # like this......123456xxx
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may take a while to post the #'s....can't even get on the order websiteimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    T minus 1 minute and counting.

Remember Mint, you said NOON!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    3 minutes into the sale and still not avail
  • Options
    I feel cheated. Now to see how well their phone system holds up...

This is a bit dirty if you ask me.
  • Options
    Because of a transition in service providers, the United States Mint online catalog is currently unavailable. We expect the online catalog to be back in service within the next couple of days. In the interim, our toll-free customer service number will continue to be available to our customers.

To place an order, or to inquire about the status of an order, please call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Customer Service Representatives will be available to assist you from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight (ET), seven days a week. Hearing- and speech-impaired customers may place orders and inquiries through TTY at 1-888-321-MINT (6468), Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET).

The Bald Eagle Commemorative Coin Program will be available for sale as scheduled, starting January 15, 2008, at 12:00 noon (ET). You may place orders via our toll-free numbers and through mail order. Information about the Bald Eagle Commemorative Coin product options and household limit information can be found in our press release in our online press room.

We expect call volume to be high during this transition period. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. Please consider calling during off-peak hours, in the early morning and evening, when call volume is lower.

The expedited shipping option will not be available during the service transition period. All products ordered during this period will be shipped within our normal processing time of one to two weeks.
  • Options
    I just got off the phone with the mint and they told me its not available for sale yet and to try back in 15 minutes. WTF its 12:08
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.
  • Options
    We are unable to answer your call at this time!!!!!!!!!!image

Phone Mint Beeyatch
  • Options
    It's a good thing I didn't plan my day around being able to log on right at noon....OOF
    Eric Woodard,
    National Treasure Shop
  • Options
    What a bunch of tools! They work up the release for all this time only to say that you can't order via the web at the last few minutes. The US mint gets on my nerves. First thing was pulling coins because they were "no longer available" after orders were made when the price started rising because they are greedy. I don't see them pulling orders when the price drops dramatically to reduce the price.

"I'm sorry sir, we had to cancel your order since gold price dropped. We are now listing the item for cheaper for you to save money" <---Yeah right!!!

Mike C.
    mclark202@insightbb.com

Positive BST references: Weather11am, Mrmom, Metalsman, GAB, Mash, FishyOne, Cone10, Keepdachange, etc...
  • Options
    Friggin' gumint workers!!!!!!

If I wanted to buy some silver eagles, and I can't even do that!!!! image
  • Options
    this is unreal. are they retarded?
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    Oops - someone beat me to it.
  • Options
    RockdogzRockdogz Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    278016XX

• Options
    I think the new "providers" servers took a dump.
  • Options

<< <i>278016XX >>

No kidding??????
  • Options
    US Mint = DUMB A$$ES!!
  • Options
    RockdogzRockdogz Posts: 145 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>278016XX >>

No kidding?????? >>

Yes, I got through - just keep trying. They took the order - just said that the items are on backorder.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>278016XX >>

No kidding?????? >>

Yes, I got through - just keep trying. They took the order - just said that the items are on backorder. >>

Well, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    At least I finally got put on hold,so thats progress.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭✭
    Order 278016xx
    Time: 12:19

When you get through to the Mint via the phone enter 2 to check on an order instead of 1 to place an order. It will get you through!! Trust me it worked!! Place your order that way.
  • Options
    This is unreal!!
    SEE the BULL!! BUY the BULL!! BE the BULL!! Do your homework first. And, you will learn alot!!
  • Options

<< <i>Order 278016xx

When you get through to the Mint via the phone enter 2 to check on an order instead of 1 to place an order. It will get you through!! Trust me it worked!! Place your order that way. >>

I got the same lame message!!!!
  • Options
    LOL, I Just tried your press two instead, evidently other people figured that out too, still unable to take your call at this time....image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options

<< <i>Order 278016xx

When you get through to the Mint via the phone enter 2 to check on an order instead of 1 to place an order. It will get you through!! Trust me it worked!! Place your order that way. >>

been trying that,,,,got same message as preesing 1
  • Options
    27801***

got the confirm email.

Both are back ordered

Expected ship date of the Unc is 1/30 and 1/18 for the Proof
  • Options
    At least there's no choice for Spanish!!
  • Options
    By phone............#278018XX

11:30 central............. 12:30 in philly

Dan
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.......It's much more important than that........
  • Options
    order # 27801xxx
    Took a while on the phone but could only order 1 set.
  • Options
    now they're at lunch...
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭✭
    The Half dollar UNC's and Proofs show backorder of only 1/18. I hope to have 'em by next week. Maybe before some people get through on the phone image
  • Options
    I think I got one! 27802XXX
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    27802XXX

12:55

by Phone

Mint Rep was not well educated on the products she was selling......had to explain to her stuff she should ahve known........she also was not aware that the website was down

shipping of coins in 4-6 weeks....although email confirmation just received states back ordered 1/18 and 1/30

sad way to run a business
  • Options
    278025** 4-6 weeks, phone also, I have two lines and redial, and took an hour to get through calling constantly, but hey, was able to get one of everything. Rob
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    finally got through on the phone..

order #27802xxx three coin Bald Eagle Proof set.. (limit 25,000).. the Mint rep WAS well-versed on what she was doing.. AND she said the order WOULD be upgraded to Priority overnight DESPITE what the "hey our Web ordering is broken, go away" page on The Mint's Web site says (that orders over $300.00 would NOT be automatically upgraded to Priority overnight.. so we shall see if it is or if it isn't..) ..

(Edited to add.. just got the confirmation email.. says "Backordered until 1/30/2008.. hey that's fine with me.. gives me enough time to go out with this shopping cart and collect about 2309482039480239841 bottles and cans and recycle them for a nickel each to pay for it..) .. image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    After redialing about 100 times, I got put on hold for 5 minutes and placed an order!

Order #278027XX. I got one proof dollar and one proof half dollar.

The operator that I talked with said 4 to 6 weeks. I have not got my email yet.

Bstat
  • Options
    1 hour and 33 minutes later...I GOT IN

Order # 278XXXX

One proof dollar and proof half.

• Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    not answering phone - website down - eff it - I have to go to doc.

• Options
    Got in to order.#278030xx.Ordered 1 three coin proof set,1 unc.silver dollar and 1 clad unc.half.
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got in to order.#278030xx.Ordered 1 three coin proof set,1 unc.silver dollar and 1 clad unc.half. >>

Earlier in this thread, 278016XX.

Looks like a couple thousand orders. Dang, the Mint is losing Millions of $$$$.

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got mine in at 12:45MST.
    Order #27803xxx

1 Gold Unc
    1 Gold Proof
    3 Proof Dollars
    2 Unc Dollars
    2 Proof Halves
    2 Unc Halves
  • Options
    Damn, I'm on hold with the Mint.

Hadn't tried for over an hour....got in on first try.

Of course, I haven't got an order placed yet! image
  • Options
    How's this 278015xx
    Call 11:57 keep them on line 3 minutes check my card and now 12:01 can you take my order!!! Thats how to do it.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #278034** after many tries and recordings, I dealt with nice person that said "I tried open the website this morning and I said Damn! This is going to be a tough day!"

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    order 278038xx

2:40pm cst

10 proof
    10 uncirc
    1 3coin

wooo whoooo
    Ding! There's your Post of the Week, folks.

• Options
    It took me a while but got my orders in by 11:30 and it was on backorder then so who knows when they will ship these coins.
  • Options
    Well, I was on hold for 5 minutes, not bad.

The rep was very nice and efficient, and I told her so.

My order #27804xxx

3 coin Proof set
    1 Gold Unc.
    3 Proof Silver Dollars
    3 Unc. Silver Dollars
    2 Proof Halves
    2 Unc. Halves

To ship in 4 to 6 weeks via FedEx($4.95)

BTW, the medal set will ship sometime in March!!!

Of note, it is helpful if you have the source code(X12345Y) from your Mint mailing.
  • Options

<< <i>order xxxx3891

10 proof
    10 uncirc
    1 3coin

wooo whoooo >>

You should post your order number in this format 12345xxx.....image
  • Options
    I placed my order online (the phone line).

Order # 278039XX

2 Unc $5 Gold
    1 3-Coin Proof Set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file