Home U.S. Coin Forum

***Official Bald Eagle Order Thread!! Post your order#'s****Updated Pops Report **Great Pics Posted*

Comments

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unofficial guesstimate...

shuckins 278077xx

Rockdogz 278016xx

~6100 orders so far!!!!! image
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>

Love your new avatar. image

>>

thanks.. i save the Mint's publicity pictures of everything i buy from them.. remember a few years ago they sold those patches?.. i bought one.. they were like five bucks or something.. had a female-type friend sew it onto the shoulder of a black satin jacket i have.. i wore that jacket to a number of Long Beach shows, the supermarket, Post office.. pretty much everywhere and often peoplewould notice it and say "are you really with the Mint Police?".. i said "yes, i'm their official coin inspector.. you must give me all your coins which i'll take to my office and inspect".. they'd say "really!?".. after a pregnant pause, i'd say "nah, the Mint sells these patches.. i was just yanking yer chain".. the looks on their faces were priceless.. and they never noticed the screaming green "Metallica" patch just below it.. wish i had bought more of those Mint Police patches.. they were available for quite some time, like a year or two, but then vanished with no warning.. as is their way..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • #27802.....lots of re-dials...got in finally.....very efficient customer service rep

ordered (1) 3 piece proof set
    (5) proof dollars

Really looking forward to the website to be back up and running...think I'm going to add a couple (1)proof gold (1)uncirculated gold

and maybe (5) uncirculated dollars.....do not like the halves at all.....screamin' eagles!
    ....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make....

The Beatles

• << <i>How's this 278015xx
    Call 11:57 keep them on line 3 minutes check my card and now 12:01 can you take my order!!! Thats how to do it. >>

If ordering multiple items, the time of record is created at the beginning of the order. If you are in this situation, point out to the operator that they should complete the active order and open a new order. Your order for the new item will be cancelled otherwise. ...I think you might pay 2 S&H this way, though. Ask the operator if they can fix that. I don't know.
    Wow, yet another new member....welcome HeartOfDixie!!!!!!!! image
    Hey guys, we got a new forum member here....HeartOfDixie!!!!!! image
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the early numbers started around 27801500. Mine is
    278018xx so I should be in good shape to get mine early.
    ordered 1 - 3 coin set & 5 unc silver dollars
  • Wow, only 45 minutes on hold. Ordered the 3 coin set @ 278080XX. She said on backorder for 2-3 weeks.

Welcome HeartofDixie. I am currently living in Mobile, Alabama. Where do you call home?
  • I'm in, it feels good to be a proud owner of some bald eagles!!!

Order #: - 1 Order date: 1/15/08

Sold To:

Ship To: One Lucky guy!!

Order Process Date: 1/15/08

Merchandise : 664.90
    Freight . . . : 4.95
    Total . . : 669.85

1. 2008 BALD EAGLE 3-COIN PRF SET (EA7)
    Qty 1 @ $369.95 - Backordered 01/30/08.

2. 2008 BALD EAGLE $5 GOLD PROOF (EA1)
    Qty 1 @ $294.95 - Backordered 01/30/08.
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    Well, I have tried from 5PM to 8PM WCT

and get the "Can not handle your call".
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • No wonder the Mint sent me 2 mail order forms for the eagle commemoratives. They aren't going to take my order over the phone or internet! Guess I will have to mail it in!

<< <i>Well, I have tried from 5PM to 8PM WCT

and get the "Can not handle your call". >>

Dear Bear,

The day shift spent hours on the phone today untill they got their prizes.

You have to keep plugging on, you will get in if you are willing to be patient.

I am embarrassed to say I pressed redial at least 150 times today until I hit Gold!!

I'm looking forward to Wednesday's Bald Eagle quest!!

GB
  • Question, does the email confirmation anything nothing or maybe regarding actually getting the coins once the 'backorder' is ready to ship? i am confused
  • tried all day to order, but no luck - any other way to beat the system - or do you just have to wait on the phone until its your time - advice would be appreciated - thanks,
    currently putting together a EF/AU/BU 18th & 19th Century Type Set; and CC Morgan Set

just completed 3d tour to Iraq and retired after 28+ years in the US Army

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, I have tried from 5PM to 8PM WCT

and get the "Can not handle your call". >>

Dear Bear,

The day shift spent hours on the phone today untill they got their prizes.

You have to keep plugging on, you will get in if you are willing to be patient.

I am embarrassed to say I pressed redial at least 150 times today until I hit Gold!!

I'm looking forward to Wednesday's Bald Eagle quest!!

GB >>

i'm looking forward to their Web site coming back up and the three-coin Proof set with a "product not available" in red below it image ..

it took me about two dozen re-dials to get through this morning.. i had a cell phone on my laptop with its speakerphone turned on, and a landline wireless phone in my hand and to my ear and was actually trying to get through on both at the same time.. utterly ridiculous but.. i finally DID get to a human bean with the "press 2 to check on an existing order" trick but i kinda sorta think that the "press 1 to place an order" and the "press 2 to check on an existing order" really go to the same buncha CS people anyway.. otherwise Ms. Press 2 would have said sorry, you have to press 1, i'll transfer you over there.. and then it'd be right back to "your call cannot be completed.. go away" Hell..
    well.. if whatever they're doing to up their Web server capacity fixes this ten years of ordering nonsense, i guess it'll be worth it, but they sure picked one Helluva wrong day to decide to take the ordering pages down to do it..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • I called and pressed option 2 (which is the option to check on an order) and got through after about the 6th try (all the 5x before was the message cannot take the call) the 6th x I got hold music, and spoke to a young man who was very pleasant and knew what I was calling to order by simply telling him the bald eagle set, and got me done very fast...
  • CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭
    DoubleGold you should not post your whole order # on forum, as someone, knowing your last name can go to mint site and cancel your order.............It has happened to others. image

<< <i>DoubleGold you should not post your whole order # on forum, as someone, knowing your last name can go to mint site and cancel your order.............It has happened to others. image >>

• ok, thanks, stupidity from my excitment of my new endeavor...should i do something to make sure they dont cancel my order???

I didn't think that people would be like that on such a sophisticated board like this though...I hope people arent that venemous on here...its not like its sold out or anything...

<< <i>Question, does the email confirmation anything nothing or maybe regarding actually getting the coins once the 'backorder' is ready to ship? i am confused >>

if you get the email confirmation with an order number, there is always a very slim chance that they could still cancel your order for a number of reasons - they over-sold whatever you ordered (and in this feathery case, it would most likely ONLY be the 25,000 three-coin Proof sets option).. or your CC# was rejected, or couldn't handle the charge (they automatically back-order EVERY order over $300.00 to check that your funding source can handle the charge.. this takes a couple of days.. sometimes a week..) .. but if it's any comfort, i've never NOT gotten something i ordered from the Mint once i got that email confirmation.. when their Web site comes back up to full operation.. click on the Buy Online button on the left.. then scroll down and click on the customer service or whatever it's called link on the left, and then on THAT page is a Track order button.. click that, then punch in your order number and your last name and it'll give you the current status.. the status will usually change from "on hold" (meaning they're doing an authorization on your card) to "back ordered" then finally to "in stock and reserved" meaning you're home free.. then a day or two before they ship, they actually put the charge through and you'll find Tracking information there.. then it's up to the carrier to get it into your hands..

of course, if they're re-designing their Web site as well as moving it to another provider's servers.. then those buttons (which have always been blue buttons on the left side of every page) might be re-jiggered around in some new configuration.. hopefully not..

by the way.. NEVER EVER post your full order number and your last name on these boards.. with that information, anyone can go to the Web site and [x] cancel your order.. if you want to post your order number (as some people do).. then "X" out the last three (at least) numbers.. as only a totally dedicated jerk would sit there punching in 1000 possible three digit numbers to try to cancel someone else's order..

based on the way you posted your question, you may or may not already know some of this.. it is not my intention to insult your intelligence.. just trying to elaborate how ordering from the Mint works for the average Joe.. it ain't like Amazon.com fersure..

• << <i>

<< <i>Question, does the email confirmation anything nothing or maybe regarding actually getting the coins once the 'backorder' is ready to ship? i am confused >>

if you get the email confirmation with an order number, there is always a very slim chance that they could still cancel your order for a number of reasons - they over-sold whatever you ordered (and in this feathery case, it would most likely ONLY be the 25,000 three-coin Proof sets option).. or your CC# was rejected, or couldn't handle the charge (they automatically back-order EVERY order over $300.00 to check that your funding source can handle the charge.. this takes a couple of days.. sometimes a week..) .. but if it's any comfort, i've never NOT gotten something i ordered from the Mint once i got that email confirmation.. when their Web site comes back up to full operation.. click on the Buy Online button on the left.. then scroll down and click on the customer service or whatever it's called link on the left, and then on THAT page is a Track order button.. click that, then punch in your order number and your last name and it'll give you the current status.. the status will usually change from "on hold" (meaning they're doing an authorization on your card) to "back ordered" then finally to "in stock and reserved" meaning you're home free.. then a day or two before they ship, they actually put the charge through and you'll find Tracking information there.. then it's up to the carrier to get it into your hands..

of course, if they're re-designing their Web site as well as moving it to another provider's servers.. then those buttons (which have always been blue buttons on the left side of every page) might be re-jiggered around in some new configuration.. hopefully not..

by the way.. NEVER EVER post your full order number and your last name on these boards.. with that information, anyone can go to the Web site and [x] cancel your order.. if you want to post your order number (as some people do).. then "X" out the last three (at least) numbers.. as only a totally dedicated jerk would sit there punching in 1000 possible three digit numbers to try to cancel someone else's order..

based on the way you posted your question, you may or may not already know some of this.. it is not my intention to insult your intelligence.. just trying to elaborate how ordering from the Mint works for the average Joe.. it ain't like Amazon.com fersure.. >>

thanks for the heads up/

<< <i>

<< <i>

based on the way you posted your question, you may or may not already know some of this.. it is not my intention to insult your intelligence.. just trying to elaborate how ordering from the Mint works for the average Joe.. it ain't like Amazon.com fersure.. >>

thanks for the heads up/ >>

hrlaser,

Your avatar is starting to exert some real influence on the forum members.

You have a real responsibility now to be the forum's Brinx security monitor.

Please use your badge power very carefully.

You should stop by your local Dunkin Donuts...see if they give you some nice lard cakes on the house.

Thank you sir!!!! The Bald Eagles need your protection!!!! image
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Their phones are closed for the night, and it tells me to go to their website to place a order 24 hours a day.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still on hold at 12:04 AM - 4 minutes past mint closing...

Will he, or will he not get through...? Just trying to get the 3-coin set before they gone!

...and NO . 12:06 -- I get a "we are not closed" response after hanging on hold for 15 minutes!!!!

THAT's ALL FOR TODAY, FOLKS.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Please don't cancel my order ....whomever you are.....that would be pretty classless.....
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    ya I also got the big mouthed screaming lady just after 11 PM CST - after holding 30 minutes. I figured they would do that - par for course.

• oh, how would someone know my last name on this board out of curiosity?
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>oh, how would someone know my last name on this board out of curiosity? >>

..........Sssssshhhhhh -- it's called don't draw attention to yourself..........

[there's a chance they still will be there at 0800 Eastern]
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

• << <i>

<< <i>oh, how would someone know my last name on this board out of curiosity? >>

..........Sssssshhhhhh -- it's called don't draw attention to yourself..........

[there's a chance they still will be there at 0800 Eastern] >>

What do you mean?
    Get your phones in your hands!!!!!!

Day 2 begins shortly.....Good Morning Forum members!!!!!!image
  • CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭
    DoubleGold, I would not worry about order. Only posted warning for your future buys that maybe in more demand than this one. You just started to post, so likely noone knows last name........Plus, posted for other "new" posters that may do same.
  • I tried getting through all day yesterday, no luck.
    I am currently on hold and have been for 15 minutes.
    Who picks out that stupid music you hear when you are on hold?
    The MINT sucks and the MINT's employees suck!
    Who the hell would change servers the day of a big new coin release? Nobody but the MINT!

<< <i>I tried getting through all day yesterday, no luck.
    Who the hell would change servers the day of a big new coin release? Nobody but the MINT! >>

Just be happy you got through...most of the customer service reps are courteous and professional.

Good luck with your coins!! image
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I tried getting through all day yesterday, no luck.
    Who the hell would change servers the day of a big new coin release? Nobody but the MINT! >>

I feel for your frustration.

Try to understand that this is a delicate issue and you are most important to the U.S. Mint.
    Your patience is appreciated as are your dollars. May I suggest the secondary market, such as eBay ? You can even get delivery confirmation for eighteen cents there. image
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    So much effort, frustration, anxiety... for what? image
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969

<< <i>So much effort, frustration, anxiety... for what? image >>

• I finally got through. On hold from 7:25 - 7:56.

Order #: 27808xxx - 1 Order date: 1/16/08
    Order Process Date: 1/16/08

$1521.15 ouch
  • GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    I finally got through myself. I tried calling about 200 times yesterday starting at noon and quiting about 10:30 pm.

This morning I only called about 15 times before I got through, and was on hold for about 15 miunutes.

Order number: 27808xxx
    Order time: 8:20am CT

• << <i>i finally DID get to a human bean >>

must be some sorta new species.

know what you don't know.

hi, i'm tom.

i do not doctor coins like some who post in here.

• 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭
    The amount of time wasted on trying to purchase these is amazing.

Collectors should demand that the mint get it's act together.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    Please advise us how we can start demanding that our government do things to please us? ... Including the USPS, Mint, and onward from there.

In the meantime, someone needs to teach them how to upgrade phone systems and websites, especially prior to new releases. Are they really that stupid - or do they do it on purpose every time. If the 2nd option, then someone needs to give them a course in how to treat customers, and slap 'em around a lil bit.

I guess for the largest BM, they are the rudest of all. (not the employees, but the organization as a whole.)

My order no.
    27808xxx
    &
    27809xxx

I decided to place 2 orders vs. one, to see if one might ship before the other.

<< <i>Please advise us how we can start demanding that our government do things to please us? ... Including the USPS, Mint, and onward from there.

In the meantime, someone needs to teach them how to upgrade phone systems and websites, especially prior to new releases. Are they really that stupid - or do they do it on purpose every time. If the 2nd option, then someone needs to give them a course in how to treat customers, and slap 'em around a lil bit.

I guess for the largest BM, they are the rudest of all. (not the employees, but the organization as a whole.)

My order no.
    27808xxx
    &
    27809xxx

I decided to place 2 orders vs. one, to see if one might ship before the other. >>

From reading your post, I'd say there's no problem image Thank you for your patience in this matter, but we cannot fix what is not broken.
  • ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    After several hours of trying to get to a customer service rep, I finally got one at 7:15pm Eastern time Tuesday and placed my order 27807xxx. I waited until this morning when I got the email from the US Mint confirming the order. The service rep was courteous and efficient in taking the order; so it didn't take long to place the order.

I don't know who to complain to about this ordering fiasco.

<< <i>After several hours of trying to get to a customer service rep, I finally got one at 7:15pm Eastern time Tuesday and placed my order 27807xxx. I waited until this morning when I got the email from the US Mint confirming the order. The service rep was courteous and efficient in taking the order; so it didn't take long to place the order.

I don't know who to complain to about this ordering fiasco. >>

Complaint Department image
  • i got in at 2.34 yesterday #27803xxx i ordered-
    100 silver proof
    100 clad proof
    1-proof gold
    1-unc gold
    1-3 coin set

will they let me order any more gold?
    i think i hit the limit on the silver and clad, i ordered for my sisters, not all for me.

• I am pretty sure the limit on individual gold coins is 100 each in uncir and proof, its just the 3 coin set with a limit of one.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i got in at 2.34 yesterday #27803xxx i ordered-
    100 silver proof
    100 clad proof
    1-proof gold
    1-unc gold
    1-3 coin set

i think i hit the limit on the silver and clad, i ordered for my sisters, not all for me. >>

And the baldies say thank you.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Tried to get through all night with no luck. I guess I'll just wait for the website to go back up.

• << <i>i got in at 2.34 yesterday #27803xxx i ordered-
    100 silver proof
    100 clad proof
    1-proof gold
    1-unc gold
    1-3 coin set

i think i hit the limit on the silver and clad, i ordered for my sisters, not all for me. >>

Holy carp!! Thats a lot of coin. Does your crystal ball foresee a large profit potential on this standard commemorative issue?
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file