Home U.S. Coin Forum

***Official Bald Eagle Order Thread!! Post your order#'s****Updated Pops Report **Great Pics Posted*

Comments

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    Just called in to order......27828***

They said the website should be back up next week. The customer service rep did not know how many of the 3 coin sets were sold but they are still available. He said he would not be able to continue to take orders for them if they were sold out.
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • 27828XXX

Snapped up one of each of the silver denominations. That 3-pc set better not be a flipper's windfall!

• << <i>27828XXX

Snapped up one of each of the silver denominations. That 3-pc set better not be a flipper's windfall! >>

You may not want to look on ebay for it then image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?

• << <i>

<< <i>27828XXX

Snapped up one of each of the silver denominations. That 3-pc set better not be a flipper's windfall! >>

You may not want to look on ebay for it then image >>

GARRRR I looked! I might have to call back and add to my order image
  • got two of the 3 coin set. One for me and mom image Used two credit cards and address's with same operator.

Order numbers were different by about 100 between the two in about 5 minutes.
    27828xxx
    27828xxx
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    my wife got thorugh yesterday pacific time about 3:30 with no wait

278246xx for a 3 coin proof set..it's her account.

• hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>

Snapped up one of each of the silver denominations. That 3-pc set better not be a flipper's windfall!

You may not want to look on ebay for it then image >>

heh heh.. get it, flip it for twice what you paid for it, then as soon as you make the sale, pray to the Deity of your choice that the same three coins as singles haven't sold out yet, and buy them as singles.. if you double your money on the three-coin set, then you take half that money, buy the three individual coins, and they're "free"..

now remember, if you do flip it for twice what you paid for it, and a year from now it's going for double that, well it ain't gonna be no Jackie Robinson Gold Unc.. but also remember they sold out 500,000 Buffalo DollErs seven years ago, in under two weeks..

but timing is everything.. i bought a whole two 1999 Silver Proof sets when they were issued.. $29.99 each.. the limit was two.. then after a few weeks they let everyone who had ordered two order five more.. did i spend the $150.00 and order five more?.. OF COURSE NOT!.. duh.. i flipped one as soon as i got them (i NEVER do pre-sales.. maybe i should re-think that..) for $60.00.. duh.. d'oh!.. still have the other one.. those peaked around $400.00 but seem to have fallen back some.. can't explain that.. still, $300.00 is five times what i got for flippin' one way too soon.. then again again.. whodda thunk they'd go up to $400.00 at all?.. then ya got yer other common issues that for one reason or another, mainly becasue the Mint cut off sales unexpectedly and people got caught with their pants down, like 2001 Proof sets and 2004 Mint sets.. they now command prices way out of proportion for what they would be if the Mint didn't play those early sales cut-off games now and then..

remember the three-coin Proof set costs $25 more than the same three individual coins, but it doesn't have a pre-release lower price and then a higher "regular" price later.. the separate coins do.. so on 2/14/2008, those three singles will cost more than the three-coin set costs now.. there's yer justification for paying the extra $25 to grab one before they're gone..

and lastly.. yer not just paying an extra $25.00 for a fancy case for the same three coins you can buy individually.. along with it comes a membership card in the "free lunch and beer at Hooters for life Club".. it's hidden under the felt platform the three capsules are smushed into.. only 25,000 people get one of those image .. the same Mint guy who sneakily made those extra leaf Wisconsin Quarter dies snuck those in there.. shh!.. don't tell anybody..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
    amazing what one stinkin' box will do.

what is the buy now (early) price from the mint for these three coins in the EA7 set individually?
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>amazing what one stinkin' box will do.

what is the buy now (early) price from the mint for these three coins in the EA7 set individually? >>

From my earlier post, oh and Harv you are image

Who said the $25 box wasn't worth it???? image

Bid: $540

eBay1

Many more to come

eBay2

• placed order at 1:45 #27828xxx for a 3-coin set, 5- coin and medal sets for my dad, i asked how the 3 coin sets were selling, she said real fast and the individual gold options are doing real well also.

<< <i>

what is the buy now (early) price from the mint for these three coins in the EA7 set individually? >>

eBay1

Many more to come

eBay2 >>

strike while the iron is hot? it might be a way to neuatralize my two plat sets one 69/69 the other 69/70...image
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for posting dbcoin.....that's~26,500 orders now!!!!!! image >>

How could the order numbers tell you anything? There are so many offerings goin on now you cannot tell squat about any individual item.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.

i posted it all earlier and it's on the Mint's crippled Web site and in that glossy printed announcement and mail-in order form you probably got in the mail about a week ago and threw out..

but in a nutshell.. the three Proof coins individually are $25 less than the three-coin set.. UNTIL 2/14/2008.. on that date, the "regular price" kicks in for the three separate coins and, added together, they are $5 MORE than the three-coin set is now..

the three-coin set does not have a pre-release and "regular" price later.. its price stays the same as it is now.. but by 2/14/2008 those sets will all be gone anyway..
    (just a wild hunch.. heh..) ..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."

• << <i>

<< <i>

eBay1

Many more to come

eBay2 >>

strike while the iron is hot? it might be a way to neuatralize my two plat sets one 69/69 the other 69/70...image >>

You could always send the plat sets back. That should neutralize them quite effectively. Then hit and flip the 3-coin set. There was never any guarantees that you could make money on the plats. So either keep them at par plus a little or send them back and not worry about them.
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    [Who said the $25 box wasn't worth it???? image

This is getting sick. Now we are collecting boxes? Lord help us.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
    i don't have the orignal order slip from the mint...nor the capsules (i asked for all packaging to be returned and of course it was sans capsules)...is that a problem????

i guess when the site is up i could get the order number and then return it....

or i just wait.

they are in the SDB and i am not strapped, but just my OCD mind whizzing away on a few cups of coffeeimage

<< <i>

i posted it all earlier and it's on the Mint's crippled Web site and in that glossy printed announcement and mail-in order form you probably got in the mail about a week ago and threw out..

but in a nutshell.. the three Proof coins individually are $25 less than the three-coin set.. UNTIL 2/14/2008.. on that date, the "regular price" kicks in for the three separate coins and, added together, they are $5 MORE than the three-coin set is now..

the three-coin set does not have a pre-release and "regular" price later.. its price stays the same as it is now.. but by 2/14/2008 those sets will all be gone anyway..
    (just a wild hunch.. heh..) .. >>

thanks ...my brochure is at the office....and i am home today... i thought there was more of a break than just $25....like i said amazing what one stinkin' box will do! image

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks for posting dbcoin.....that's~26,500 orders now!!!!!! image >>

How could the order numbers tell you anything? There are so many offerings goin on now you cannot tell squat about any individual item. >>

Hey Coinsponge, nobody is saying this is an exact science.

We do know that since Day 1 on Tuesday, over 26,400 orders have been placed with the Mint.

No clue as to the mix, but I can guarantee you that most of the sales are for Baldies!!!!!

Are you buying any of them???
  • WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    1. 2008 BALD EAGLE 3-COIN PRF SET (EA7)
    Qty 1 @ $369.95 - Backordered 02/02/08.
    Order #: 27830xxx
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Thats approx 28500 orders since the baldies went on sale. If even 60% of them ordered 3 coin sets we are probably in the 17000 range.
  • CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thats approx 28500 orders since the baldies went on sale. If even 60% of them ordered 3 coin sets we are probably in the 17000 range. >>

...and all the old fashioned way, the USPS and the phone. Wonder how quickly these would have sold if the website were working the whole time?
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    They would have been long gone.
  • lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    5:15p #27834xxx

1 - 3 coin proof set
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Much better pic lope image

• << <i>Just called in to order......27828***

They said the website should be back up next week. >>

NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

Damn.....this just does not makes sense.......a whole week to make a server/provider switch?

• LBGrobLBGrob Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Got my order in today at 2:48 Pacific time... 1 set and 5 of each of the $1 coins...

My favorite coins is the Flying Eagle Penny...so this $1 a must for me.
  • Just got through on my lunch break. Ordered 5 uncirculated silver eagles and 5 proof silver.

Order #27834xxx
    at 2:35 PST
  • mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    Just got through 6:10 PM Eastern

EA7 3 coin proof & some half's

#27834xxx Back order 4 to 6 Weeks
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
    They just posted an update - they will be working over the weekend to get it up
    and running. Order form download on the page.
    Looks like we're at or about 32,500 orders since Opening Day on Tuesday.

Remember, some of thse orders were multiple credit cards using different friends and family member addresses.

Getting interesting now!!!

I say the 3 coin proof set is gone by Tuesday!!!!!!!

• << <i>Looks like we're at or about 32,500 orders since Opening Day on Tuesday.

Remember, some of thse orders were multiple credit cards using different friends and family member addresses.

Getting interesting now!!!

I say the 3 coin proof set is gone by Tuesday!!!!!!! >>

I will be REALLY surprised if you can buy this on Monday morning image
  • just ordered 3 coin set 27835xxx back ordered does that mean sold out the lady woudn't say other then 4 -6 weeks.
    Geesh go figure good luck EVERYONE!

• << <i>just ordered 3 coin set 27835xxx back ordered does that mean sold out the lady woudn't say other then 4 -6 weeks.
    Geesh go figure good luck EVERYONE! >>

They have been saying backordered since day one, so if they took your order you are probably good to go to receive it......

<< <i>just ordered 3 coin set 27835xxx back ordered does that mean sold out the lady woudn't say other then 4 -6 weeks.
    Geesh go figure good luck EVERYONE! >>

Check your email for backorder date, mine says..............

1. 2008 BALD EAGLE 3-COIN PRF SET (EA7)
    Qty 1 @ $369.95 - Backordered 01/30/08.

Your order number brings the total to 33,500 orders!!!!!

I feel like Ed McMahon on the Jerry Lewis MD Telethon......image
  • That 3 coin set is not worth the extra 24 bucks. The box is lame. I was hoping for something like the spouse boxes, wood for an extra 24 bucks. You can have the sets. If I order I will take advantage of the pre issue discount.
  • Will PCGS grade the 3-coin set in any special way, i.e. FS or ??
    NewToCOllecting

• << <i>Will PCGS grade the 3-coin set in any special way, i.e. FS or ?? >>

image No, nothing worthy of special recognition other than a fancy packaging which I feel is how the majority of those that purchase the three coin Proof set intend to keep them.
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• If you have PGCS grade the set, dont they put it in new packaging or how does that work?
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why the mint put order limits on every single coin now? Do you think it is because they are selling out quickly? It also looks like they are going to mint an indefinite amount of these. What the HELL are they doing over there???

Link

Option
    Introductory Price
    Regular Price
    Household Limit/Product Limit

Proof $5 Gold Coin (EA1)
    $294.95
    $319.95
    100/NA

Uncirculated $5 Gold Coin (EA2)
    $284.95
    $309.95
    100/NA

Proof Silver Dollar (EA3)
    $39.95
    $43.95
    100/NA

Uncirculated Silver Dollar (EA4)
    $35.95
    $37.95
    100/NA

Proof Clad Half-Dollar (EA5)
    $9.95
    $10.95
    100/NA

Uncirculated Clad Half-Dollar (EA6)
    $7.95
    $8.95
    100/NA

Three-Coin Proof Set (EA7)
    N/A
    $369.95
    One/25,000

Young Collector's Set (EA8)
    N/A
    $14.95
    NA/Open Ordering Period Only

Coin and Medal Set (EA9)
    N/A
    $44.95
    Five/50,000

• << <i>If you have PGCS grade the set, dont they put it in new packaging or how does that work? >>

They would put the coins from the set in one of their individual holders. I suppose dealers may have the coins put in a multi coin holder which are available through bulk submissions.
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• MercuryMercury Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    my order was about 48 hours after the 3 coin sets went on sale and it said backordered until 1/30/08
    Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • Just now ordered 1 3 coins set, only on hold for 15 minutes, was told status was backorder with shipping in 4-6 weeks, order number 358354xx

FloridaBill
    I am on hold right now (about 18 minutes so far). I called my mom and brother, told them to buy the 3 coin set for me! I hope we get them. Wait, I hope I get through first.

<< <i>That 3 coin set is not worth the extra 24 bucks. The box is lame. I was hoping for something like the spouse boxes, wood for an extra 24 bucks. You can have the sets. If I order I will take advantage of the pre issue discount. >>

Guess you missed Harv's detailed explanation on these sets.

You are being pennywise and pound foolish.

$24 is a bargain for the box and the COA and the.................................................................

.....prestige of ownership.

GB image

<< <i>Will PCGS grade the 3-coin set in any special way, i.e. FS or ?? >>

Welcome to the coin forum, ivars.................image

<< <i>I wonder why the mint put order limits on every single coin now? Do you think it is because they are selling out quickly? It also looks like they are going to mint an indefinite amount of these. What the HELL are they doing over there???

>>

no, those limits have been on every option since they started selling them earlier this week.. nothing's changed..
    Really? hmmm. I was out on a ship in the pacific, I might have misread it. I did get through though, 52 minutes on hold. I got 10 Proof gold, 10 Unc gold coins and a coin and medal set

Order number 278354XX
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Really? hmmm. I was out on a ship in the pacific, I might have misread it. I did get through though, 52 minutes on hold. I got 10 Proof gold, 10 Unc gold coins and a coin and medal set

Order number 278354XX >>

Regarding your last post about the limits. There is a maximum mintage for the Gold coin of 100,000, across all options. 25,000 will go to the 3-coin set and the rest will be split between the Unc. and the Proof singles, thus, N/A means they don't know what that 'split' will be. Same with the other coins.

60% Return!!!!!!!

Naysayers please stand up!!! image
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered 3 gold eagles this morning. I was on hold for no longer than 10 min. Now for a longer wait. What a great looking eagle!!!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file