Home U.S. Coin Forum

***Official Bald Eagle Order Thread!! Post your order#'s****Updated Pops Report **Great Pics Posted*

Comments

• the price of gold will soon pay for the stupid box
  • K head,

I also believe they should have had a parrallel improved site up for beta before this phone thing.. but hey- Teys the gbmint and not puter literate.

One Fine Coin - boy do I need a spellckek!
  • OneFineCoin, I just welcomed you, and meant it, but I now feel its time to say, put down the pipe and walk away slowly, you seem to be ranting to yourself, and your posts are making less and less sense image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Ok, I know they say backordered until January 30th, but will they actually ship then? Also, if not, based on all of yours experience, is it a long way off? also, they have not authorized my credit card yet, when will they do that? I am not complaining, but I was wondering when, that way i know I am guarentteed one set...
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>Ok, I know they say backordered until January 30th, butwill they actually ship then? Also, if not, based on all of yours experience, is it a long way off? also, they have not authorized my credit card yet, when will they do that? I am not complaining, but I was wondering when, that way i know I am guarentteed one set... >>

Hi.. when you can Track your order and get an actual ship date and Tracking number, THEN you know it's on the way to you.. before that, you're guaranteed basically nothing.. they can over-sell any given "product", give you an order number, then later say "oops we sold more than the limit, sorry, your order is cancelled".. although that's never happened to me.. the Mint is usually pretty reliable, (except for their Web site, but that's another story..) .. but they can push back shipping dates at their whim, for whatever reason..

a product might be sold for months, then marked "product is not available" and then, a few weeks later, unexpectedly come back on sale again - latest example, the 2007-W Burnished ASEs.. they went away.. prices on eBay started going up, then out of nowhere, the Mint put them back on sale again at $21.95/each.. reason they gave was they "ran out of packaging".. then they got more packaging, so they put them on sale again..

anyway, i assume you ordered a Bald Eagle three-coin proof set.. so if you see a charge show up on your CC, then you can pretty much rest assured you'll get what you ordered, and they typically will put through the charge one to two days before they ship.. when you see that charge come through, that's about as close to a guarantee you'll get your set until the mailman or Fedex or whoever they use for delivery actually hands it to you.. once it's in your hand, they can't take it back or cancel it image ..

YOU can, however, open it up and find some horrible flaw, like a big honkin' fingerprint on a coin, or it got damaged in transit.. and then you have 30 days to return it to them (you pay the postage back to them, but if you ask, they'll refund that too).. for a refund or an exchange, BUT.. in the case of a limited Edition product of 25,000, they might not HAVE any available for exchange, so you'll only get a refund.. OR you might send your defective set back and get someone else's returned defective set as a replacement.. it happens..

anyway, when you see that charge comes through, you can probably relax..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Thanks HRLaser
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    I signed in to the Mint Website and the Au and Ag Eagles I purchased are in stock and reserved.
    THE CLADS ARE BACKORDERED!

Anyone else seen this???

• << <i>I signed in to the Mint Website and the Au and Ag Eagles I purchased are in stock and reserved.
    THE CLADS ARE BACKORDERED!

Anyone else seen this??? >>

Mine shows the exact same thing.
  • Lucky, ordered separate and EA7 expected to ship 1-31
    Clads EA5 and set EA9 will ship 2-7 They must be shipping on Thursdays ?

If you ordered your GOLD in the set - looks like your getting it a MONTH before the guys who ordered individual coins.

but Im pleased, but not holding my breath

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning Forum Members...check your order status at the Mint!!! image

Cancel Button still available.

2008 BALD EAGLE 3-COIN PRF SET 1 $369.95 $369.95 In stock and reserved
    2008 BALD EAGLE $5 GOLD UNC 1 $284.95 $284.95 In stock and reserved
    2008 BALD EAGLE $1 SILVER PRF 3 $39.95 $119.85 In stock and reserved
    2008 BALD EAGLE $1 SILVER UNC 3 $35.95 $107.85 In stock and reserved
    2008 BALD EAGLE $0.50 CLAD PRF 2 $9.95 $19.90 2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 01/29/2008.
    2008 BALD EAGLE $0.50 CLAD UNC 2 $7.95 $15.90 2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 01/29/2008.
    Proof and Unc Gold not available untill March 1st.

Proof and Unc Silver Dollars not available untill March 1st.

3 coin set available 2/7/08

Product Availability
  • Checked the Mint website and saw this message on my order. Anyone else have this message and have any idea whatit means?

Order Status: Your order request is on hold.

<< <i>Checked the Mint website and saw this message on my order. Anyone else have this message and have any idea whatit means?

Order Status: Your order request is on hold. >>

Did you just place your order?

Check your CC status.
  • I ordered mine in the first few hours and it says on hold. Have to call them, I guess.
  • order # 27803XXX
    1-3 coin set
    20- silver proof
    20-unc silver
    still on hold, but in stock and reserved?

<< <i>order # 27803XXX
    1-3 coin set
    20- silver proof
    20-unc silver
    still on hold, but in stock and reserved? >>

Just re-checked mine and.....Order Status: Your order request is on hold.

No worries.
  • thank you, goldbully

• 2008 BALD EAGLE 3-COIN PRF SET 1 $369.95 $369.95 In stock and reserved
    2008 BALD EAGLE $5 GOLD UNC 1 $284.95 $284.95 In stock and reserved
    2008 BALD EAGLE $1 SILVER UNC 1 $35.95 $35.95 In stock and reserved
    2008 BALD EAGLE $0.50 CLAD UNC 1 $7.95 $7.95 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 01/29/2008.
  • INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    "On Hold" doesn't mean there is a problem. When it says "There is a problem processing your order" means that the CC or address may be incorrect and needs to be researched according to the Mint help screen.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭
    Already more money's been made by flippers of the eagle's than the 10th anniversary platinum set!!!
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
    just checked my order.. placed during the first hour of the Bald Eagle availability on 01/15/2008.. order status is "on hold" but all that means is that they're checking the funding source to make sure it can handle the charge.. below that, it says "in stock and reserved".. so don't get your knickers in a knot if yours says "on hold".. when i ordered the Platinum Anniversary set 1000 years ago, it said the same thing.. sionce i'd never seen that before (and i'd never ordered anything that expensive from them before..) .. i called and asked what that meant and they said "on hold" just means we're checking to make sure your CC or debit card or whatever method you're using to pay for this is being checked to make sure it can handle the charge - it goes through that process on any order that totals $300.00 or more (although i read somewhere that it goes through the "on hold" thing no matter how much or how little you order.. after they do that check, the "on hold" goes away and it changes to "in process".. then, the status down at the bottom of that page can either say "backordered" or "in stock and reserved".. then they charge your card, and FINALLY after all of this nonsense, the [x] cancel button goes away and there'll be Tracking information..

now the only thing i don't know is if it's gonna ship by regular three-legged burro method or Priority Overnight Fedex, which they call "Expedited shipping".. any order of $300.00 or more is supposed to automatically get Fedex Priority overnight.. in the case of the Baldies, when the "sorry our Web site is blah blah etc. etc. you have to order by phone" it said that every order would be sent the regular, slow way, no matter what the value was.. however the phone order taker who took my order said it would go Fedex Priority and to ignore that.. so i don't know which way it'll ship.. because she contradicted what the page said.. i'm in no huge rush to get it, as long as i DO get it, but i'm not gonna obsess about it.. {{much}}..

i didn't notice any other significant changes to the "new" Mint Web site except the "Buy online" blue button on the left was changed to read "Shop online'..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • I checked my order lasted night.

Looks like the proof dollar is in stock and reserved and the proof half is back orderered for 1/29/2008.

So far, so good and yes, egads, I used the phone to order the coins.
  • I was told on the phone my order would ship FED X also.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone try to order yet? I can't seem to get to the "Order Review Payment" screen...blanks out, tried many times...
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Just placed another order for more silver dollars (proof and uncirculated) on the website, says there backordered until 03/01/2008.
    just placed a second order (already ordered the three-coin Proof set the first hour of the first day), for one each Unc. and Proof DollEr and Half, plus the coin and Medal set.. figured i might as well grab one of those since they're limited to 50,000.. which means since i ordered one, they'll take 230942039841 years to sell out..

order #27868xxx

then i immediately went to the Track order page and punched in the order number and it says it's "in process".. at this point i have NO idea if it'll change to "on hold" or not.. since this is about a $150.00 order.. (just what i need.. more coins!) image anyone have any recommendations on tasty, inexpensive brands of dog food? (and i don't have a dog..) ..

went through quickly, without a hitch.. got the email confirmation immediately.. everything is backordered with three different estimated shipping dates
    between 01/29/2008 and 03/01/2008.. no idea if they'll dribble in in three separate shipments or if they'll hold and coagulate them all into one.. but i only paid the single $4.95 shipping charge for the whole order.. i must be out of my mind.. i think now that the Web site is back up, the three-coin set is gonna be gone quickly.. the others i have no idea, but if they all sell-out, this is good.. not sure what i'm gonna keep and what i'm gonna re-sell later.. but the three-coin set is gonna stay in its original case, no matter what.. $

meanwhile, as i type this.. precious metals are shooting up again today.. Gold above $906/oz, (up $22.50 since yesterday).. Silver above $16/oz, Platinum going nuts at $1585/oz (up $35/oz since yesterday)..

• c'mon 500......
    know what you don't know.

hi, i'm tom.

i do not doctor coins like some who post in here.

<< <i>c'mon 500...... >>

okay.. that's a little obtuse for me.. 500 what?..

my hovercraft is full of eels..

<< <i>Proof and Unc Gold not available untill March 1st.

Proof and Unc Silver Dollars not available untill March 1st.

3 coin set available 2/7/08

Product Availability >>

3 coin proof set now available 3/1/08
  • i think it's about last call on most of these coins.
  • nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i think it's about last call on most of these coins. >>

You mean on the box/COA image
  • Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭
    I think the order limit of 100 is what is slowing these down. I am curious to know the latest NN numbers.

<< <i>I think the order limit of 100 is what is slowing these down. I am curious to know the latest NN numbers. >>

***Sales of one-ounce Buffalo bullion coins jumped by 7,500 to 10,000 pieces, which are now just ahead of the one-ounce Eagle total. Bald Eagle totals are not available.*** image

Link
  • Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bald Eagle totals are not available.*** >>

Shoot! That's lame.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ordered today:

#27859XXX >>

Let see, I ordered yesterday and here is what the Mint has to say:

2008 BALD EAGLE 3-COIN PRF SET 1 $369.95 $369.95 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 03/01/2008.
    2008 BALD EAGLE $5 GOLD UNC 1 $284.95 $284.95 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 03/01/2008.
    2008 BALD EAGLE $1 SILVER PRF 2 $39.95 $79.90 2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 03/01/2008.
    2008 BALD EAGLE $1 SILVER UNC 2 $35.95 $71.90 2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 03/01/2008.

This is the same date the Mint employee gave me.
  • That means it will ship when they get caught up! You did good, didn't order anything on backorder....

Edited to add, somehow my post got above the one I was replying to image
  • Hey gang; where do you see on the "track your order" page expected shipping date?? all I see is status "HOLD"

Order number: 2XXXXXXXX

Order Date:

Billed to:
    MR N.NAN
    Shipped to:
    MR N.NAN
    Shipping Method:

Tracking Number(s):
    Tracking number and carrier link
    not available for this shipment.

2008 BALD EAGLE $5 GOLD PROOF 1 $294.95 $294.95 In stock and reserved

<< <i>Hey gang; where do you see on the "track your order" page expected shipping date?? all I see is status "HOLD"

Order number: 2XXXXXXXX

Order Date:

Billed to:
    MR N.NAN
    Shipped to:
    MR N.NAN
    Shipping Method:

Tracking Number(s):
    Tracking number and carrier link
    not available for this shipment.

2008 BALD EAGLE $5 GOLD PROOF 1 $294.95 $294.95 In stock and reserved >>

The mint shows the expected ship date before it is "In stock and reserved "

• << <i>nothing here, I ordered the same day of the sale:

Product Name Quantity Price
    (each) Total Item Status Cancel

2008 BALD EAGLE $5 GOLD PROOF 1 $294.95 $294.95 In stock and reserved >>

It will be shipped as soon as they catch up with their backlog from their systems being down, that means its not backordered, it is late being shipped, but so are most of ours....
  • nothing here, I ordered the same day of the sale:

Product Name Quantity Price
    (each) Total Item Status Cancel

2008 BALD EAGLE $5 GOLD PROOF 1 $294.95 $294.95 In stock and reserved

• mark511mark511 Posts: 364 ✭✭
    I ordered 25 of the 1$ proofs. Would it be wise to order some of the Uncirculated?
  • thanks rgCoinGuy.

I'm sure they will be worth the wait, no matter how much they go for on Ebay!! lol
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭
    Why not at least order some.

I did 5 of both.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • order number

27876XXX

Yepper, 75,000 orders since 1-15 and accelerating with the web up and running..

just for fun I ordered a peck more of a variety, not trying to pick a winner, but gotta have a lot of ALL available.

• a note in reference to someones previous comment about the worth of a "stupid $5 box" - reference to the value of the three coin EA7 set.

Someone on eBay has just bid $99 to start on one such stupid boxes ! ! !

looking at his record of 1700 buys sez hes got the cash for it too !!

I have come to the conclusion that value is in the eye of the bidder.
  • nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>a note in reference to someones previous comment about the worth of a "stupid $5 box" - reference to the value of the three coin EA7 set.

Someone on eBay has just bid $99 to start on one such stupid boxes ! ! !

looking at his record of 1700 buys sez hes got the cash for it too !!

I have come to the conclusion that value is in the eye of the bidder. >>

LINK
  • Just placed another order for (5) of the Bald Eagle Proof Silver dollars. Order number 2788XXXX Nothing sold out yet!
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭
    Ok I just bought the 3-coin set whether I will get it or not who knows. Backordered to 3/1. I have the single issued coins anyway.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file