Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #7

Comments

• DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

What happened??

I have a couple 2006 satin finish dimes going this week at GC.

edited December 23, 2019 3:27PM

Another nice dime. "They are out there"

Does that have a small cud also?

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found in a roll Dec 22, 2019.
    The other day!
    Very nice eye appeal, as I favor blue.
    Sry Micro only.

I like to call it, " And we'll leave the light on for you".
    Its a keeper.

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emeraldATV You are aware this is a Roosevelt Dime thread right?

Later, Paul.

@Stooge said:
    @emeraldATV You are aware this is a Roosevelt Dime thread right?

No I was not .
    Thx. Please excuse me.
    I'm a freshman here.
    Have to find the right map now.

• david3142david3142 Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Drizzt said:
    Another nice dime. "They are out there"

Does that have a small cud also?

Not sure if that was directed at my coin, but none that I can see. This wasn’t exactly “out there”. It was in the finest toned Roosie collection ever assembled!

I was looking at the L in liberty next to the rim

Probably a coloring thing

• onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭

Toning spot

• QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

I’ve heard this can be caused by PVC exposure.

• DANNYDANNY Posts: 345 ✭✭✭

Really nice looking coins.
    I just love these little discs.

• Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

67, crossed from same grade at NGC

67FB, crossed from same grade at NGC

edited December 31, 2019 1:43AM

@Rob41281 said:

Is this coin for sale? Please say yes. o:)

Later, Paul.

Suddenly, it seems like a lot of decent dimes on GC. Everyone getting out?

A couple of the MS68FB silver coins have had their previous out-of-touch reserve price discontinued.
    Coins are now in a "true" auction.

edited January 5, 2020 6:55PM

@Drizzt said:

No one getting out. A lot of up grading and crossing happening. The high end Roosie market is flooded right now. Great for collectors looking to upgrade their sets. Not so lucrative as the crackout Dealers would like.

I see. Same happened with Ikes, I think.

@onlyroosies said:

@Drizzt said:

No one getting out. A lot of up grading and crossing happing. The high end Roosie market is flooded right now. Great for collectors looking to upgrade their sets. Not so lucrative as the crackout Dealers would like.

Since this is true and it’s a new year, time for you to start another set, don’t ya think?

Later, Paul.
    edited January 6, 2020 5:51PM

@Stooge said:

@onlyroosies said:

@Drizzt said:

No one getting out. A lot of up grading and crossing happing. The high end Roosie market is flooded right now. Great for collectors looking to upgrade their sets. Not so lucrative as the crackout Dealers would like.

Since this is true and it’s a new year, time for you to start another set, don’t ya think?

I have never started another set until the collector who bought my previous set gets out.

• rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2020 10:28PM

That looks better than many 67+ coins

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

It sure was nice meeting the Roosie guys at Vito's Thursday night. Got to see the regulars plus a few new faces to me. Like Haylocon (John) the number 1 guy in the Roosevelt Complete Variety 46-64 Set. I have to settle for #2 now. ;) He is a very nice young man and we had some nice talks about the Roosie's. Too bad Paul (Stooge) couldn't be there.

• KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    It sure was nice meeting the Roosie guys at Vito's Thursday night. Got to see the regulars plus a few new faces to me. Like Haylocon (John) the number 1 guy in the Roosevelt Complete Variety 46-64 Set. I have to settle for #2 now. ;) He is a very nice young man and we had some nice talks about the Roosie's. Too bad Paul (Stooge) couldn't be there.

Mutual feelings, Jon - great to meet you as well. And regardless of the Roosies you'll always be overall king of the dime varieties!

I was able to attend my "first ever" FUN show this year, which gave me the opportunity to meet most of
    the Roosie gang for the very first time "face to face". WOW!!! What a great group of guys. I had an amazing time at my
    first "Roosie Dinner". The overall experience that I had, the knowledge that I gained, and the boost in friendships that I acquired have created memories for me that will last my lifetime. Thanks to all of you for being so kind to me.
    Regards,
    Danny

• labloverlablover Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DANNY said:
    I was able to attend my "first ever" FUN show this year, which gave me the opportunity to meet most of
    the Roosie gang for the very first time "face to face". WOW!!! What a great group of guys. I had an amazing time at my
    first "Roosie Dinner". The overall experience that I had, the knowledge that I gained, and the boost in friendships that I acquired have created memories for me that will last my lifetime. Thanks to all of you for being so kind to me.
    Regards,
    Danny

I had a great time with you Danny, driving that golf cart. Sorry about getting us lost. Likewise, it was a pleasure meeting you and I'm most happy having another friend.

Jim

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

@DANNY said:
    Regards,
    Danny

Great meeting you and the others that I had not met before. And of course great seeing the usual guys again.

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lablover said:
    A few new TrueViews from the FUN Show for your eye enjoyment. All are MS67+:

Great coins, Jim. 53p is a tough date in that grade!

It was a pleasure finally meeting you and rest of the (motley) Roosie crew at FUN this year.

edited January 14, 2020 8:42PM

JIM:
    THOSE COINS ARE BEAUTIFUL. Great pics done by PCGS, as usual.
    Worth the extra wait time. (They got them right for you).
    Danny

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's up with the shake up in the rankings ATS?

@erwindoc said:
    What's up with the shake up in the rankings ATS?

A new player, A new world class set being built, A retiree,

Does anyone know when the 2019 dimes will be added to the Roosevelt registry?

@onlyroosies said:
    A new player, A new world class set being built, A retiree,

Is this you Nick? Giving us a hint again???

@onlyroosies said:
    Does anyone know when the 2019 dimes will be added to the Roosevelt registry?

There has been a thread on it which I will post here. Some of the 2019 coins are being added now, but it seems to me they may be having problems wit them. I actually found 1 set where they didn't add the 2018 dimes.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1030799/2019-coins-now-part-of-registry-sets-with-some-errors-in-postion-listings#latest

Later, Paul.

I don't believe the 2020-P & D PCGS MS68FB or higher dimes will be a challange at all, in fact I believe prices will hit the dirt after the April 30th deadline for this crazy, fun PCGS coin hunt just announced. Here is the link to the story...

https://www.pcgs.com/coinquest

Later, Paul.

Also the U.S. Mint has announced 3 different "W" mint Nickels for 2020 that are included in the mint sets and proof sets, same as the Lincoln cents for last year, which means that there could be 3 different "W" minted Roosevelt Dimes for the year 2021. Only time will tell.

Later, Paul.
    edited January 24, 2020 12:34PM

Thanks to @CoinJunkie for this newest addition to my set.
    MS67

Just got this beauty from Lablover.....Thanks Jim! :)

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2020 10:57AM

@DIMEMAN said:

Very, very nice! That Lablover guy sure gets his hands of some nice Roosies. :)

• PCGS66FB, might resubmit for a 67

@noenhancedproof said:

PCGS66FB, might resubmit for a 67

I think it is graded correctly. Not enough flash and weak strike for a 67. JMHO.

• @DIMEMAN said:

@noenhancedproof said:

PCGS66FB, might resubmit for a 67

I think it is graded correctly. Not enough flash and weak strike for a 67. JMHO.

Thank you very much. I’m still learning the roosie/Washington submission game.

edited January 26, 2020 6:46PM

@CoinJunkie said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Very, very nice! That Lablover guy sure gets his hands of some nice Roosies. :)

Shucks, you guy's are to kind...hope Jon enjoys the coin and there's more where that came from. Might want to watch that BST Forum...soon.

Cheers, all and thanks!!! > @DIMEMAN said:

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

That is a gorgeous 47D. That’s exactly how I like a Roosie to look.

Someone post something new...I need a fix!!!!!!!