Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #7

Comments

• Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

@DANNY said:
    I was the 2nd place bidder on that coin last night on Great Collections with a max bid of $1222.00
    I was surprised that my bid did not win the auction, and to say the least, a little disappointed.
    Danny

Shortly after I posted the quote above, I was made aware that I had been bidding against HALCYON at the end of that auction. This coin would have been a huge upgrade for me as I currently have an AU58.
    Neither one of us was aware that the other person was actively bidding. After I found this out I felt so guilty for this situation. I would NEVER bid against him in ANY auction if I knew that he was going to try and win the coin up for auction.
    As a matter of fact, I have contacted him numerous times in the past, in advance, to ask him if he was interested in the same coin that I was. If he told me he was, I did not submit any bids on that particular coin myself.
    I have taken the necessary steps to make sure that this NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN.
    My sincerest apologies to Halcyon.
    Regards,
    Danny

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DANNY said:

@DANNY said:
    I was the 2nd place bidder on that coin last night on Great Collections with a max bid of $1222.00
    I was surprised that my bid did not win the auction, and to say the least, a little disappointed.
    Danny

Shortly after I posted the quote above, I was made aware that I had been bidding against HALCYON at the end of that auction. This coin would have been a huge upgrade for me as I currently have an AU58.
    Neither one of us was aware that the other person was actively bidding. After I found this out I felt so guilty for this situation. I would NEVER bid against him in ANY auction if I knew that he was going to try and win the coin up for auction.
    As a matter of fact, I have contacted him numerous times in the past, in advance, to ask him if he was interested in the same coin that I was. If he told me he was, I did not submit any bids on that particular coin myself.
    Regards,
    Danny

Hey, I thought all was fair in Love & War & Bidding on Roosies! B)

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@DANNY said:

@DANNY said:
    Danny

Regards,
    Danny

Hey, I thought all was fair in Love & War & Bidding on Roosies! B)

It is, if Rainbowroosie is involved... :)

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2019 10:07AM

Nice job, especially on those mid-70's FBs which can be really tough!> @DANNY said:

@DANNY said:
    Danny

Regards,
    Danny

It's all good, Danny - I got this one but I'm sure you'll get the next one.

The great thing is that we're all here to support one another.

• Options
    edited November 12, 2019 10:08AM

And Jim, I completely agree with your comment. I think we would even snipe an AG3 Roosie from Billy if we had the chance!

Love you Rainbowroosie!

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

I’m going to do a little research on you “group of 4” and make you all pay every last dime for the coins you want and especially for the coins you “need.”😉

See you all at FUN 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2019 5:20AM

@rainbowroosie said:
    I’m going to do a little research on you “group of 4” and make you all pay every last dime for the coins you want and especially for the coins you “need.”😉

See you all at FUN 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Remined me to share "our bidding story" at FUN... :)

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

No. Not the "bidding story"

• Options

Nick HATES to lose at anything......

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options

That may be true, as he always mentions to me how he crushes you at golf. Might have to see that in person this year. . .

• Options

@Khayman said:
    That may be true, as he always mentions to me how he crushes you at golf. Might have to see that in person this year. . .

The "Bidding Story" does not involve Nick.

• Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Collusion...I knew it...mumble mumble mumble

• Options

Now I’m confused. I thought it was the 51s story?

• Options

@Khayman said:

The "Bidding Story" does not involve Nick.> @rainbowroosie said:

Now I’m confused. I thought it was the 51s story?

I'm surprised you don't recall. Though it was years ago it's very fresh in my mind. We'll share at FUN.

• Options
    edited November 14, 2019 6:48PM

I thought it was the 51S story too. There are just so many roosie stories to tell. By the time we are done telling Roosie stories at FUN Danny and John may not ever want to come back :p

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

@onlyroosies said:
    I thought it was the 51S story too. There are just so many roosie stories to tell. By the time we are done telling Roosie stories at FUN Danny and John may not ever want to come back :p

Maybe I’ll never wanna come back!!

• Options

@onlyroosies said:

Am I invited to the Roosie get together at FUN or is it just for the BIG BOYS? ;)B)

• Options
    edited November 15, 2019 9:35AM

@onlyroosies said:

Would West Palm Beach help jog the memory?

• Options

@lablover said:

@onlyroosies said:

Would West Palm Beach help jog the memory?

What happened in West Palm Beach stays in West Palm Beach. B)>:)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@onlyroosies said:

Am I invited to the Roosie get together at FUN or is it just for the BIG BOYS? ;)B)

Jon you are always invited PM rainbowroosie for where the roosie dinner will be Thursday.

• Options

West Palm, Dallas, whatever...Name any venue and I probably overpaid for a stooopidly toned Roosie. B)

• Options

@rainbowroosie said:
    West Palm, Dallas, whatever...Name any venue and I probably overpaid for a stooopidly toned Roosie. B)

Well, not really close. Another memory jog: 2008

• Options

I’m about to enter my ninth decade of life on this earth and you think I can remember 2008?

• Options

Dude, you have some amazing friggin’ genes!

• Options

@Khayman said:
    Dude, you have some amazing friggin’ genes!

Ugh, stretch jeans?

• Options
    edited November 16, 2019 9:44AM

Khayman,
    But I do remember watching Queen Elizabeths coronation on TV in 1953...

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy early birthday!

• Options

@rainbowroosie said:
    I’m about to enter my ninth decade of life on this earth and you think I can remember 2008?

Ok, another hint: 1953-S

• Options

Dahhhhhh… Nope doesn't do it.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Dahhhhhh… Nope doesn't do it.

Someone is in denial? ;)

• Options

I’ve had the same 53s in 68* forever? I’m confused? Jim, have you been tapping the Opus One early???

• Options

@rainbowroosie said:
    I’ve had the same 53s in 68* forever? I’m confused? Jim, have you been tapping the Opus One early???

My, oh my, I can't believe you don't remember.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see in the pop report that a beautiful 1946-S/S 10C DDR & RPM FS-501 (011.7) MS68FB pop (1/0) was recently made. @Khayman if you somehow end up with this coin, I want my MS67+FB back. Please offer it to me upon upgrading, I beg you! ;)

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta give a shout out to Danny Biddle and Gary @ Ilike monsters. Been working on completing my 46-64 silver set in MS66fb. Needing the 57 and 58 P's for awhile now. They're just not available. Gary upgraded a 65fb to a 66fb at Baltimore. I left an hour before he got the upgrade news. Now anxiously awaiting the mailman. Danny came through with a really nice 57 which I received yesterday. Within the hour I should be complete. Thanks guys, you are awesome. Now on to 67fb's.

• Options

@Tom147 said:
    Gotta give a shout out to Danny Biddle and Gary @ Ilike monsters. Been working on completing my 46-64 silver set in MS66fb. Needing the 57 and 58 P's for awhile now. They're just not available. Gary upgraded a 65fb to a 66fb at Baltimore. I left an hour before he got the upgrade news. Now anxiously awaiting the mailman. Danny came through with a really nice 57 which I received yesterday. Within the hour I should be complete. Thanks guys, you are awesome. Now on to 67fb's.

I am so glad that I was able to help you complete your MS66FB set Tom.
    Congratulations and good luck as you pursue upgrades in 67FB.
    Danny

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tom147 said:

Congratulations! 🎈🎊🍾🎉 The 58 was my last MS66FB and higher dime. Paid handsomely for it too.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:
    I see in the pop report that a beautiful 1946-S/S 10C DDR & RPM FS-501 (011.7) MS68FB pop (1/0) was recently made. @Khayman if you somehow end up with this coin, I want my MS67+FB back. Please offer it to me upon upgrading, I beg you! ;)

If I’m lucky enough to get the 68FB then you got it, brother!

• Options
    edited November 24, 2019 6:05PM

@lablover said:

@rainbowroosie said:

My, oh my, I can't believe you don't remember.

Another clue:

One paddle, two paddle, how high will it go...

• Options

Are you talking about the 50D?

• Options

Bill, I think you're right. Jim has it wrong. It has to be the 50D.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Bill, I think you're right. Jim has it wrong. It has to be the 50D.

Nope, I'm correct...53S. Bill just doesn't remember; will post another clue soon...

• Options

All these threads with only clues and nothing solid. It's like watching Lost again...🤪

• Options

We'll wait until FUN to hear "the rest of the story" from Jim. I need to alert everyone to a milestone that's about to happen. Danny Biddle is about to pass the just having fun set as the 3rd all time finest set in the silver roosie FB 46 - 64 registry. Both sets are currently tied and one more upgrade for Danny and he becomes 3rd all time finest.

Congratulations Danny

• Options

Thanks so much Nick for the shout-out.
    All of my success is a direct result of your help.
    I would never have been able to assemble the set of Roosies that I currently have without your help and dedication to the cause. You are truly one remarkable person.................

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of my fellow Roosie Dime collectors a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    I hope that each of you are able to spend some cherished time with your family, friends, and loved ones..........

I can hardly wait to meet each of you at the FUN show in January.
    I just reserved my ticket to the PCGS Fun Show Luncheon on Friday January 10. If you are a Set Registry participant, you are invited to this luncheon. There is no cost to attend. Looking forward to a fun time at FUN 2020.
    Regards,
    Danny

• Options
    edited December 1, 2019 8:54AM

@Rob41281 said:

Beautiful '59 !! I can't believe your 47-D got detailed! :s

• Options
    Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@Rob41281 said:

Beautiful '59 !! I can't believe your 47-D got detailed! :s

Thanks! Going to give the 47d at least another couple tries!

• Options

Seems to be some decent dimes around again.

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was beginning to wonder if everyone was taking a vacation from Roosies.

• Options
    Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Newly crossed over MS68. Thanks to Gary for taking care of the submission.