Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #7

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DANNY said:
    Excuse me for not getting overly excited about being #1.
    Truth of the matter is, I added my 2019P and 2019D coins before Hansen and Halcyon.
    Once both of those guys add their 2019 coins, I will be back in my customary #3 spot.
    Lately, I have finally realized that I have climbed this ladder about as far as I can go, (always behind Hansen and Halcyon).
    Nevertheless, I did take a screenshot picture of the present rankings as Nick suggested.
    Life at the top is lonely, and only for a brief time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I am below you to stay! :oB)

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DANNY said:
    Truth of the matter is, I added my 2019P and 2019D coins before Hansen and Halcyon.
    Once both of those guys add their 2019 coins, I will be back in my customary #3 spot.
    Lately, I have finally realized that I have climbed this ladder about as far as I can go, (always behind Hansen and Halcyon).
    Nevertheless, I did take a screenshot picture of the present rankings as Nick suggested.

Well, just remember, if your not the lead dog the view is always the same. :o

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

@lablover said:

@DANNY said:

Well, just remember, if your not the lead dog the view is always the same. :o

LOL...….I'm getting that view in more and more sets! :o

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats Danny. I'm happy for you. And now I can brag I purchased dimes from the # 1 guy. LOL

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

Well done Danny!

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options

@Tom147 said:
    Congrats Danny. I'm happy for you. And now I can brag I purchased dimes from the # 1 guy. LOL

Me too! :)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Tom147 said:

Me too! :)

Me three... B)

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! Its expensive to stay there too!

• Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

3 ALL-TIME FINEST FULL BAND CIRCULATION STRIKE ROOSIE SET

1946-1964 HAS BEEN RETIRED AND IS FOR SALE...............
    I have climbed this ladder aggressively for the past year or so, and I have reached the top step of MY ladder.
    Halcyon and Hansen are not going to be caught.

3 is as high as this good ole Kentucky boy can go.

I like a challenge, and I am going to begin work on my #2 FB 1946-1964 set. Might be able to get it into the top 5.
    I am still working on my Proof Roosie Set, as well as my Clad Roosie Set, and my Roosie Varieties ( Proof-Silver-
    and Clad.)
    PM me if you have any questions.

Regards,
    Danny

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DANNY Why would you retire your best set, just to work on your next best set.
    You never know what coins will come along....

Later, Paul.
  • Options

BTW, I'm happy with whatever choices you make as they are your sets. I wish you the best of luck.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:
    @DANNY Why would you retire your best set, just to work on your next best set.
    You never know what coins will come along....

Puzzle's me too.

• Options

Stacks/Bowers had a nice 1955-D PCGS MS68FB hammer last night in the D. Brent Pogue auction for $5,280 w/o the juice. Nice looking dime. Loved to own part of his collection thats for sure.

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-LYCZV/1955-d-roosevelt-dime-ms-68-fb-pcgs

Also had a stellar 1916 PCGS MS67+FB Gold CAC dime which went for $9,600.
    Damn he had some nice coins.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

I was fortunate enough to win the 55-D last night - a piece of Nick's original collection now comes back home to the Roosie Gang. The hammer price was $4,400.

• Options

@Khayman said:
    I was fortunate enough to win the 55-D last night - a piece of Nick's original collection now comes back home to the Roosie Gang. The hammer price was $4,400.

Congrats!!!!

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

“a piece of Nick's original collection now comes back home to the Roosie Gang. The hammer price was $4,400.”

Meanwhile, Nick took the funds he sold that 55-D to me for way back when, invested it in gold and now has something like $25,000-$30,000 in value! Not $4,400! Lol.

I might be a little off, but not too much! Lol.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

B)

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great history on that 55-D. It is a killer coin!

Did anyone here win the 49-D? As I mentioned on the main forum, I bid on it but didn't win.

• Options

@wondercoin said:
    “a piece of Nick's original collection now comes back home to the Roosie Gang. The hammer price was $4,400.”

Meanwhile, Nick took the funds he sold that 55-D to me for way back when, invested it in gold and now has something like $25,000-$30,000 in value! Not $4,400! Lol.

I might be a little off, but not too much! Lol.

Wondercoin

Not bad for a $35 investment! :oB)

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2020 6:40PM

Would have hate to been the one to sell it when it was raw!

• Options

So what is going on in the Roosie world?
    What is everyone doing during these trying times?

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2020 4:16PM

Beautiful Dime David. Congrats on the upgrade. That is the nicest 54S I have ever seen. An old friend of mine.

• Options
    edited March 29, 2020 4:14PM

if anyone wants to see some spectacular Silver Roosie Dimes check out the retired PCGS Close to perfect set. Many of which are in higher graded holders today. Including the dime David posted above, the pop 1/0 53P PC 68FB and the prettiest 55D you have ever seen now PC 68FB.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/half-dimes/roosevelt-dimes-major-sets/roosevelt-dimes-fb-basic-set-circulation-strikes-1946-1964/alltimeset/21372

• Options

@Stooge said:
    So what is going on in the Roosie world?
    What is everyone doing during these trying times?

I'm spending even more time on the PC. Hope everything is well with you Paul. Working in a Hospital is a risk! Be safe, B)

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    if anyone wants to see some spectacular Silver Roosie Dimes check out the retired PCGS Close to perfect set. Many of which are in higher graded holders today. Including the dime David posted above, the pop 1/0 53P PC 68FB and the prettiest 55D you have ever seen now PC 68FB.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/half-dimes/roosevelt-dimes-major-sets/roosevelt-dimes-fb-basic-set-circulation-strikes-1946-1964/alltimeset/21372

Some gorgeous coins in that set, Nick, along with a few too many white coins for my taste. ;)

Among others, I really like the 50D, 51D, and 52D, especially since those dates are tough to locate with superb color.

• Options

Nick, all I can say is WOW !!!! Beautiful fb set.
    I'm 8 coins away from my own 100 % ms67 fb set. Shout out to Gary ( Ilikemonsters ) and Danny Biddle for the help. Unfortunately I'm to the point of needing only the High dollar ones so my quest has slowed down. Don't have the budget to afford the beautiful toners that you have Nick. Coinjunkie won't like mine as I always liked the blast white Roosies. ( Old school. Collecting for almost 56 years )

• Options

@Tom147 said:
    Nick, all I can say is WOW !!!! Beautiful fb set.
    I'm 8 coins away from my own 100 % ms67 fb set. Shout out to Gary ( Ilikemonsters ) and Danny Biddle for the help. Unfortunately I'm to the point of needing only the High dollar ones so my quest has slowed down. Don't have the budget to afford the beautiful toners that you have Nick. Coinjunkie won't like mine as I always liked the blast white Roosies. ( Old school. Collecting for almost 56 years )

Nick has built some incredible sets. And, assisted many others doing the same.

• Options

I need to buy a Roosie, got to have a fix soon.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:

Proud to say I own 3 of these in their original slabs! Been working on a 4th but the guy is not nice. Keep ur fingers crossed.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:

@onlyroosies said:

Proud to say I own 3 of these in their original slabs! Been working on a 4th but the guy is not nice. Keep ur fingers crossed.

You are working on a really nice set of Roosies Paul.....stay safe!

• Options
    Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recent pickup in 67.
    Lousy camera phone pics, plan to have TV’d when PCGS reopens.

• Options

NGC 67+*
    Going for cross at some point.

• Options

@Rob41281 ........ beautiful Roosies!

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2020 8:59PM

I was hoping for a proof like "PL" attrib, not this time. Neither one received the FB which I was not all that sure. The latter one is better though.

https://pcgs.com/cert/39486843

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18, 2020 12:42PM

Another one with nice color in hand.

https://pcgs.com/cert/39486844

Take a look at the MAX photo and see the designer initials JS are almost polished away :)

images.pcgs.com/TrueView/39486844_Max.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2020 6:16PM

News Flash (I think). I just noticed that Danny Biddle's #1 retired roosie set has been un-retired and is back on the
    registry. I think Danny missed us to much and is back in the game. I also noticed an upgrade to his silver set and
    several upgrades to his clad set including a 1982 no-P 67FB. Danny are you back and continuing to build up your #1 Set?

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    I also noticed an upgrade to his silver set and
    several upgrades to his clad set including a 1982 no-P 67FB.

>

I'm assuming he bought the specimen that was on GC last night. Fantastic price as a buyer.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    I just added this colorful Roosie to my sets!

Nice 1955!!! Bet he looks much better in-hand...great addition.

• Options

Rob41281 I'm jealous. Impressed too, but jealous.

• Options
  • Options

@Rob41281 said:

@Tom147 said:
    Rob41281 I'm jealous. Impressed too, but jealous.

Thanks!
    Here’s the rest of the rest so far if you’d like to take a look.

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/half-dimes/roosevelt-dimes-specialty-sets/roosevelt-dimes-basic-set-circulation-strikes-1946-1964/publishedset/186679

Your set is coming along really nicely, Rob! Happy to have been able to pass along a few of those beauties.

• Options

@Rob41281 said:
    Some recent upgrades I’ve added to my set.

Really like the look of this 49P!

• Options

@CoinJunkie said:

@Rob41281 said:
    Some recent upgrades I’ve added to my set.

Really like the look of this 49P!

Excited to see what it looks like in hand when it gets here in a day or 2.