Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #7

Comments

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:
    Thanks @lablover for the dime, I appreciate it.

MS67+FB>

My pleasure Paul, enjoy...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

@Rob41281 said:

I like that one Rob!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2019 1:56PM
  • Options

@robec said:
    With all these 68's being posted I thought I would reshoot mine. I bought this from SkyMan in 2011 when the pops for MS65 (non FB) was at 5. I'm surprised to see it is still front and center on the CoinFacts page.

That is one clean pretty 46S!!!! Shame it's not FB, you'd get a lot of attention here if it was... ;)

• Options
    Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

My only pop 1 Roosevelt, only 2,741 higher! 65+

• Options

@Rob41281 said:
    My only pop 1 Roosevelt, only 2,741 higher! 65+

Still, a nice true rainbow!

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received a wonderful text from @onlyroosies regarding @DANNY 's sale of his duplicate Roosies as he plans on having just 1 set instead of his usual 3. I myself plan to have at least 3 full sets and maybe more of the silvers. Time will tell...
    Anyways, Danny has given me permission to post our PM's here so everyone can see what he plans to do. I will post my PM as well so the conversation is complete.

My PM to Danny:
    Hey Danny,

I received a text from Nick Cascio that you are ready to start selling your dupes. I invite you to start a new thread on the PCGS Set Registry forum with a complete list of dates and prices and that will generate the most responses and gives everyone a chance to pick and choose. Also you won't need to send each individual person a list. PCGS allows one single selling thread in this forum d/t it is a slow forum and it's always been that way.

Feel free to send me a complete list of dates and want prices if you do not want to go this route. You can send me a PM, or email me here: MS69FB@aol.com

Thanks, Paul

Danny's PM to me:
    Thanks Paul for contacting me.... I am going to sell all of my dupes now that Nick is almost finished going thru all of my dimes. It has been a long process for him, but the end is in sight. He still has some key date coins that he will be sending to PCGS for possible upgrades............. I will be selling everything except the coins in my #1 set, approximately 1500 dimes....
    Feel free to check out my #2 and #3 sets and if you can use any of those coins lmk..... It would be impossible for me to list all
    of the coins I am selling with prices, but I do plan on listing some of the nicer ones, which are in my #2 and #3 sets.....Some of the dimes in my #1 set have the pics attached, and there are a couple of pics of the dimes in my set #2.... BTW, I am very computer dumb,
    I type with one finger on the keyboard, and I just got rid of my flip-top phone, Posting pictures is something I am still learning.... I will let the Roosie gang know about the availability of all of my dupes soon, and Nick has indicated that he would let everyone know also... I hope to be able to help EVERYONE with some upgrades to their sets, that is my ultimate goal....
    I just sold John (Khayman/Halcyon) both of my MS69FB clads, 1999P (Top Pop 1/0) and 1999D (Top Pop 4/0). So you can see that I am not wanting to try and be #1 at all, I just enjoy the collecting pursuit and the fun of the hobby... Johns clad set is so awesome, that these two coins were the ONLY ones that I owned that would help him. My ultimate goal is to help EVERY Roosie collector improve their set, so I guess I got the toughest "Help" out of the way first!!! HA!!!.........
    Please email me at dbiddleky@bellsouth.net or call me at 859-953-0488 if you see any coins that interest you, or are looking for, I probably have it.... I am in Kentucky/ Eastern Time.......... All the best my friend,
    Danny

PS: Can I re-post a copy of this message on the Roosie Forum? I do not know how to do it.. If you know how, you have my permission to do so, that way I won't have to type most of this info a second time (with one finger)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lablover said:

@robec said:
    With all these 68's being posted I thought I would reshoot mine. I bought this from SkyMan in 2011 when the pops for MS65 (non FB) was at 5. I'm surprised to see it is still front and center on the CoinFacts page.

That is one clean pretty 46S!!!! Shame it's not FB, you'd get a lot of attention here if it was... ;)

Thanks. I guess the title of the thread should be changed to "Anyone up for some FB Roosie Talk?" I'll be more careful in the future and not post any more dreck. My apologies for lowering the bar.

• Options

@robec said:

@lablover said:

@robec said:

Thanks. I guess the title of the thread should be changed to "Anyone up for some FB Roosie Talk?" I'll be more careful in the future and not post any more dreck. My apologies for lowering the bar.

Feel free to post any Roosie you want, FB or not.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Danny still needs a 2005D FB to complete his set. Can anyone here help him out with that.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lablover said:

@robec said:

It got my attention without the bands! ;)B)

• Options
    edited October 9, 2019 10:57AM

My ultimate goal is to help EVERY Roosie collector improve their set, so I guess I got the toughest "Help" out of the way first!!! HA!!!....

That say's a lot about Danny!

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Danny still needs a 2005D FB to complete his set. Can anyone here help him out with that.

I'm going to renew my subscription with PCGS today and I will check my raw stock as I need one too. I fortunately bought the pop (1/0) MS68FB back in the day, so I haven't subbed any. I will let you know what I find.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

It amazes me that this date/mm (2005D) has been the toughest coin for me to locate. I have not been able to find the first one for sale anywhere. With the pops of the coin, one would think that it would not have been so difficult.
    Nick always tells me to be patient with these dimes and eventually one will show up. ;););)

• Options
    edited October 9, 2019 12:19PM

@DANNY said:
    It amazes me that this date/mm (2005D) has been the toughest coin for me to locate. I have not been able to find the first one for sale anywhere. With the pops of the coin, one would think that it would not have been so difficult.
    Nick always tells me to be patient with these dimes and eventually one will show up. ;););)

Any of the 2005-2010 dimes in true business strike are difficult to find in 7FB. I've had the pleasure of owning 3 of 4 MS68FB's in this date series. The 2010-P has the most at a pop of (18/0), but the other 3 are all pop (1/0) or (2/0). The only way Danny to get these is to search rolls.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

I would just like to fill the "hole" with ANY GRADE, FB not required.
    I can always upgrade at a later date.
    "A little bit is better than none at all" , as my Mom used to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Danny

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

Danny just got a 2005-D in 67+ ! I think that completes his set. Now he just needs an FB example.

• Options

Thanks Gary for helping me out.
    Roosie dime collectors are the coolest dudes around.
    Think I will have a cold brew and watch the MLB Playoffs on TV.
    Steak and taters and a salad sound pretty good too. :) Danny

• Options

A shout out to Danny, and a big thanks. He just helped me fill a slot in my meager MS67+ Set I'm attempting to build.
    Thanks buddy!!! :)

• Options
    edited October 9, 2019 3:01PM

@lablover said:
    A shout out to Danny, and a big thanks. He just helped me fill a slot in my meager MS67+ Set I'm attempting to build.

Jim, Did you pick up Danny's 52P 67+. I love that coin

• Options

These are the dates Danny has in MS67+ no-bands
    46D
    47S
    48D
    49D
    49S
    50S
    52P
    52S
    55S

Very nice coins, PM Danny if interested in any for pricing

• Options
    edited October 9, 2019 4:05PM

@onlyroosies said:

@lablover said:

Jim, Did you pick up Danny's 52P 67+. I love that coin

No, I only saw the 48D in his set that I could use. However, I can use the 46D and that 52P. Thanks for the heads-up buddy!!!

Sent Danny email.

• Options

His 52P is a pop 2/1 for no-bands

• Options

Jim: I just checked in on this thread as the MLB playoff game score is 13-1 Cards.
    I will get in touch with you tomorrow about the 46D and 52P in MS67+....................Both of these coins were also upgrades that Nick made for me last week at the Las Vegas show. He was hoping that they would get the MS68 grade. They went from MS67 to MS67+, falling just shy of the MS68 grade. These are very high end MS67+ coins and you will love the toning on each one.

Nick: Thanks again for helping me so much. There is no way that I could list 1500+ Roosie dimes with prices for everyone
    to see.. ..

To all other Roosie collectors, all of my dimes will be sold except for my #1 labeled silver set and the FB silver/clad combined set.... Please check the #2 and #3 labeled sets in the Full Band category and the #2 and #3 labeled sets in the Basic Non FB category for available coins. The sets listed in the Basic Non FB category have some higher graded MS non FB coins instead of the lower graded FB coins because the FB ones do not get any bonus points in the non FB sets...Regards to all,
    Danny

• Options

BTW: In my #1 labeled Basic Non Full Band set, there are some coins included in it that are available for sale as they do not help my #1 labeled FB category set. The two monsters are the 1951S and 1956P in MS68.
    Danny

• Options

I didn’t want to take the spotlight off of Danny, so refrained from commenting in the morning. I think it’s great what Danny is doing.

Below is the pop 1/0 1954-D MS68 FB which was made on behalf of @khayman

• Options

WOW!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful coin... I was fortunate enough to pick up Khayman's "castaway" coin after he added
    this stunner to his set.... Gary helped John-John helped Danny-Danny helped someone.. Cool Beans..........
    Danny

• Options

Thanks are again expressed to Danny for tempting me with a few more MS67+ coins for my set. Yes, I was overcome and failed the temptation.

• Options

Moving on up to the top.
    Too many days have gone by without a post.
    Hope all of my Roosie Dime buddies had a great Columbus holiday.
    Three MS68FB Silver Roosies in this weeks Great Collection auction.
    All three are re-listings that did not sell previously because of the crazy reserve price placed on them.
    I doubt that either of the three will sell this week.
    Maybe GC will re-list again in the near future with a more realistic reserve price on one or all three.
    Danny

• Options

@DANNY said:
    Moving on up to the top.
    Too many days have gone by without a post.
    Hope all of my Roosie Dime buddies had a great Columbus holiday.
    Three MS68FB Silver Roosies in this weeks Great Collection auction.
    All three are re-listings that did not sell previously because of the crazy reserve price placed on them.
    I doubt that either of the three will sell this week.
    Maybe GC will re-list again in the near future with a more realistic reserve price on one or all three.
    Danny

Danny, they call that moon money! Way to much money.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Life has been feeling a bit incomplete as of late.. Not a single MS68 Roosie has been made at PCGS since the Las Vegas show ended, which was three weeks ago as of yesterday.

I'll be traveling to New Orleans next Wednesday very early in the morning, and am hoping to make a new 1/0. Only time will tell. Although, I am excited for my trip and looking forward to making some new top pop's !

• Options

The 1953D MS68FB pop 1/0 hammered at $4800 with juice on Heritage. This is a blow to the Roosies which were heading up. Looks like another leg down going forward. What message will that bring to the 3 MS68FB’s on GC. I believe they all need a 50% hair cut. I guess words out. Silver Roosies are modern and many more top pops can and will be made. I believe it’s far easier to make a top pop silver FB than a clad. Soon the word will get out of how tough the FB clads are to make. Ie five figures for a 1974 67FB pop 1 and $4800 for a 53D 68FB pop 1.

• Options
    edited October 20, 2019 7:34PM

@onlyroosies said:
    The 1953D MS68FB pop 1/0 hammered at $4800 with juice on Heritage. This is a blow to the Roosies which were heading up. Looks like another leg down going forward. What message will that bring to the 3 MS68FB’s on GC. I believe they all need a 50% hair cut. I guess words out. Silver Roosies are modern and many more top pops can and will be made. I believe it’s far easier to make a top pop silver FB than a clad. Soon the word will get out of how tough the FB clads are to make. Ie five figures for a 1974 67FB pop 1 and $4800 for a 53D 68FB pop 1.

In the last few years, I think that many of the bigger dealers in the nation have realized that there is great potential to make large amounts of profits by upgrading an MS Silver Roosevelt dime, even more so recently with clad. For instance, the 1946 MS68 FB currently on GC, was crossed from NGC. Which means the dealer who got it into a PCGS holder, cannot have anything more than $1,500 into the coin. While it is now a $5,000 coin in a PCGS holder. Even more recently with clad dimes. Dealers are "waking up" and realizing that certain dates in the 70's, 80's, and 90's are impossible with the FB designation.

Silver Roosies are modern and many more top pops can and will be made. I am already envisioning the first MS69 FB Roosevelt Dime by PCGS!

• Options

With 150+ MS68FB Silvers, where is the 2nd 8+FB? You are going to need a few more of these before you envision MS69FB's.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:
    With 150+ MS68FB Silvers, where is the 2nd 8+FB? You are going to need a few more of these before you envision MS69FB's.

The 2nd 68+FB is currently sitting in my SDB. I'm just patiently waiting for the graders to put the + designation on the label. Maybe this week!

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

It still baffles me on the auction prices as mentioned above. I know eye appeal has a bunch to do with it as well strike, still the hi and low swings from coin to coin. We all know it's tough to grade from pics - I wonder if it has anything to do with someone pre-viewing it in hand and swinging the hammer either soft or hard ;)

Reconsideration batch due anytime now :) a couple setup coins sprinkled in for good luck...

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ilikemonsters said:

@Stooge said:

The 2nd 68+FB is currently sitting in my SDB. I'm just patiently waiting for the graders to put the + designation on the label. Maybe this week!

I’ve got one at home waiting to send in. 😁

• Options
    edited October 21, 2019 8:23PM

@cointime said:
    It still baffles me on the auction prices as mentioned above. I know eye appeal has a bunch to do with it as well strike, still the hi and low swings from coin to coin. We all know it's tough to grade from pics - I wonder if it has anything to do with someone pre-viewing it in hand and swinging the hammer either soft or hard ;)

It's all about the "Hansen effect" As soon as Hansen stops buying in a series then that series is done and will experience an over night 30% drop. Hansen just sent in his silver Roosie set for pedigree. I believe he is done with his silver Roosie set.
    Plan on cheaper prices going forward. That's great news for other collectors who can now wait out a specific coin they may want. patients will now rule.

cointime keep us posted on that submission

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Hansen just sent in his silver Roosie set for pedigree.

How are you aware of this please?

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2019 8:06AM

@Stooge said:

@onlyroosies said:

Last week Hansen sent back to PCGS around half of his silver Roosie set to be reholdered for his pedigreed label to be put on the slabs. This is known because 25ish 68FB's were removed from the pop report for a day.

Consequently @Khayman was #1 on the registry for a day. I hear he framed it on his wall as well, and rightfully so.

I do not think Hansen is done with silver Roosies. I think that the reason he only sent in half of his MS Roosies in is because those are the ones he is happy with, and wants to replace/upgrade the others. Dell is very unpredictable. He will buy a modern-rarity on the low, and meanwhile passes on a classic ultra-rarity.

• Options

@Stooge said:

@onlyroosies said:

What monster said. I think more than half were sent in. Let’s just say I think del may be done for now.

• Options
    edited October 22, 2019 2:33PM

@ilikemonsters said:

@Stooge said:

@onlyroosies said:

Last week Hansen sent back to PCGS around half of his silver Roosie set to be reholdered for his pedigreed label to be put on the slabs. This is known because 25ish 68FB's were removed from the pop report for a day.

Consequently @Khayman was #1 on the registry for a day. I hear he framed it on his wall as well, and rightfully so.

I do not think Hansen is done with silver Roosies. I think that the reason he only sent in half of his MS Roosies in is because those are the ones he is happy with, and wants to replace/upgrade the others. Dell is very unpredictable. He will buy a modern-rarity on the low, and meanwhile passes on a classic ultra-rarity.

So because 25ish MS68FB Roosies were removed from the pop report you say he sent them in for a pedigree label??? You have first hand knowledge of this or are you just assuming. I truly would like to know.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2019 10:29AM

@Stooge said:

So because 25ish MS68FB Roosies were removed from the pop report you say he sent them in for a pedigree label??? You have first hand knowledge of this or are you just assuming. I truly would like to know.

This is what my investigation turned up. All 48 Dimes in Hansen’s #1 silver set disappeared from the pop report. A few days later they were all back, but with one change. All now had the “Hansen” pedigree on the tag. I ran every Cirt number and all 48 except 2 had his Name added. His 48D and 46D did not. Then I found them in his 3rd set with his pedigree. He just hasn’t flipped those 2 out yet. None of his other Dimes in set#3 were pedigreed. You can make your own conclusion but my conclusion (guess) is:

His #2 set “Diana’s Roosies” is a gift set to someone special in his life named Diana. That set will stay as is.

He’s happy with his #1 silver set and is content for now calling it complete.

His 3rd silver set is a bit baffling. Keep or sell? I know he has turned down a couple offers for a few individual Dimes. Since it’s a complete set I’m leaning towards he’s keeping it as is and intact for now.

Just my 10c worth
    Still: Onlyroosies

• Options

Well that is quite interesting to say the least. I was hoping to make an offer on his 1949 MS67+FB that is your old coin Nick (For my Cascio/Close collection) out of his 3rd set. I'm sure others have made offers on it. He obviously doesn't need the money. LOL

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2019 6:27PM

Just added Today all but 1 of Hansen’s silver Dimes have a true view pic. Hopefully the other pic show up.

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nick, great detective work and sharing what might just be exactly what Hanson is thinking :) As for my 1st reconsideration sub, not too bad but I expected a 2 or 3 other upgrades. Only 2 upgraded out of 10 coins and one I am excited about for my 1964 mint set :) I also learned a couple things like what PCGS does not think is worthy of a proof like attribution. The 1964-D 1c upgraded from MS67RD to a MS67+RD (pop 4 now) which should move me up a little but nothing like Hanson's set :) and the other 1990-D 10c (1st time PCGS has seen this coin since it was graded many years ago) it upgraded from MS67 non FB to a MS67+ non FB although slightly flat on the right hand side of the bottom band shows what I thought was a band line (not fully rounded but split) which I felt had a shot. We'll see the TV when posted by PCGS at a later time. Over all I am very pleased and it was fun for me :wink:

• Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Nice job, especially on those mid-70's FBs which can be really tough!

• Options

Great results. I wish your 90D 10c would have got the FB. I would be all over that