@ilikemonsters said:
    Actually, THIS is what a 67 is supposed to look like!🤓

Too bad it’s in a 65.

I see your fake 67 and I raise you a real 67FB:

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll take the 83-D thank you.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2019 7:55PM

The last one of these I made was a 67. Someone cracked it and got it in a 68 Star holder. :astonished:

MS65

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:

@DIMEMAN said:
    OK Roosie guys.....what do you grade this 1966?

There is something about this coin that is puzzling to me. This dime looks as if it has PVC contamination or it turned in the holder. Not sure what you see in it.

Paul, that is toning not PVC. I didn't get a real good pic.

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:
    My newp

MS67FB

Sweet addition Paul!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Switching topics, I was looking at very old posts the other day and came across one by Paul - from May 2003! This one is another example of how pops change massively over the years. . .

"I see that there is a very rare 1975-S PRF70DCAM POP-1 Roosevelt on eBay for sale with an opening bid of $3K and B.I.N. for $3,650.

If I remember correctly, didn't Steve Stokely own this coin? Also didn't he state in a post that he owned the coin for some years and when he decided to sell it to Heritage, that when he looked at the slab that it wasn't a 1975-S dime and that he was going to send it back to PCGS for a correct slab?

So...is this a new coin? The pop report still shows 1. This coin shows no pedigree. Anyone have a clue...just wondering."

For the record, the '75-S 70DCAM now totals 252 and you can usually grab one for less than $100 on eBay.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

That 1975-S turned out to be a 1976-S.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Khayman said:
    Switching topics, I was looking at very old posts the other day and came across one by Paul - from May 2003! This one is another example of how pops change massively over the years. . .

If one does the research (which I love to do) there is a plethora of threads related to some quite fascinating and could be continued conversational Roosie topics.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

The one thing you can be sure (usually) is that modern top pops will lose money. I definitely lost my shirt on a few. I have no regrets though. B)

• Options

Hansen just added this clad pop (1/0) monster.

MS68FB

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:
    Hansen just added this clad pop (1/0) monster.

MS68FB

That sucker is well struck and pretty for a clad coin! It must have been the first coin off of a new set of dies!

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2019 8:16AM

• Options

Wow lots of artwork in this thread, let’s keep it going...

Later, Paul.
  • Options

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

now that one I like

• Options

This one replaced it.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stooge,
    The torch, on the reverse.
    Is that an error?

• Options

A 1954-D MS68 FB (1/0) has been made in Vegas. The coin is owned by @Khayman and was submitted under my account. Besides the 1/0 we also upgraded a 57-D from 67FB to 67+FB, and lastly a 1983-P from 66FB to 66+FB.

Am looking very forward to the next show with on-site grading by PCGS! :D

• Options

Nice upgrades. I bought that 83-P as an MS65FB. Congrats!

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@ilikemonsters said:
    A 1954-D MS68 FB (1/0) has been made in Vegas. The coin is owned by @Khayman and was submitted under my account. Besides the 1/0 we also upgraded a 57-D from 67FB to 67+FB, and lastly a 1983-P from 66FB to 66+FB.

Very nice upgrades for the Halcyon set. Gary is that your first 68FB you've slabbed?

That 54D will add multiple points to Halcyons set and at the same time take points away from Hansen's set. Now that's how you leap forward.

• Options

Nick, yes, it’s ironic that my first MS68 is also a 1/0. Long ago when I made a 1954 67+ which was a 2/0 for the no-bands category at the time, you challenged me to now go out and make a 68FB with a pop less than 5. Well, this one is more than sufficient with your challenge being a 1/0.

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

Nick,
    Now that he is soooo successful, maybe Gary should buy the wine at FUN?

;)

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options

The 1954-D is the 150th MS68 FB to be graded by PCGS. More and more people are attempting to make top pops, I suspect the population will continue to rise more quickly in the future.

• Options

Keep an eye on Danny's set (46 - 64 Silvers FB). He should be adding a few nice upgrades that should propel his set to #3 above the Erasmushall set.
    I think that's the fastest climb to a top 3 set I have ever seen without buying out a top set.

Congrats to Danny

• Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

@rainbowroosie said:
    Nick,

;)

I'm still laughing out loud at that one, Billy!

We all love Gary and his youth, but the thought of him getting carded buying the wine is just priceless. . .

• Options

Nice Roosie @QBert !

• Options
    BeefCurry808BeefCurry808 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

@ilikemonsters said:

I think that 57 D is an ex curry :D

• Options

@Khayman said:

@rainbowroosie said:
    Nick,

;)

I'm still laughing out loud at that one, Billy!

We all love Gary and his youth, but the thought of him getting carded buying the wine is just priceless. . .

Really funny; Gary in Diapers, and us in Depends drinking wine. :o

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

QBert

You have the first 49S MS68FB in your possession. You beat me out of that coin many years ago and to this day I still think about it. If I remember right (correct me if I'm wrong) right after you won the coin on eBay I offered you a huge profit for it. I fell asleep and missed the end of the auction that night. Very shortly after that I signed up with esnipe.

Let me know when it's for sale

Nick

• Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

@onlyroosies said:
    QBert

You have the first 49S MS68FB in your possession. You beat me out of that coin many years ago and to this day I still think about it. If I remember right (correct me if I'm wrong) right after you won the coin on eBay I offered you a huge profit for it. I fell asleep and missed the end of the auction that night. Very shortly after that I signed up with esnipe.

Nick

Its a 67+fb but it may be worth a re-submission at some point. Nick, It is that one you missed (Lucky for me). Not for sale currently. I just thought some other roosie collectors might want to see it.

• Options

@QBert said:

@onlyroosies said:
    QBert

Nick

Its a 67+fb but it may be worth a re-submission at some point. Nick, It is that one you missed (Lucky for me). Not for sale currently. I just thought some other roosie collectors might want to see it.

Some unsolicited advise: Take the offer!!!!

• Options

The registry has finally been updated. @Khayman racked up 9 registry points with the upgrades from Vegas, leaving him just 29 points from being clear first in the MS Silvers. Danny secured the #3 placement, and #4 All Time Finest. Danny added some nice coins which I am presuming were also upgrades from Vegas such as the 49P 67+FB and 59D 67+FB.

Huge congratulations to both, Danny and @Khayman !!

• Options
    edited October 1, 2019 3:10PM

with the creation of the new pop 1/0 1954D MS68FB it knocked Hansen's set backwards 3 points, couple this with the additions @Khayman made to his set it was a 12 point swing. Gary's cross over 54D also knocked the Erasmushall set backwards 3 points loosing top pop bonus and again coupled with Danny's additions placed Danny's set in 3rd.

Danny's 49P upgrade was one of his original dimes that upgraded in Vegas. His 59D upgrade was the same except upgraded at the Office.

Onlyroosies

• Options

@ilikemonsters & @onlyroosies Thanks for the updates Fellas.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

New PCGS Quarterly Special - Silver Dimes, for every five submitted, pay only for four. Counts coins for “Reconsideration” too.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options

@DIMEMAN said:

Thanks for the dime Jon. Looks great in hand 🖐

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Your welcome......it's a beautiful Dime.

• Options

@ilikemonsters said:
    The registry has finally been updated. @Khayman racked up 9 registry points with the upgrades from Vegas, leaving him just 29 points from being clear first in the MS Silvers. Danny secured the #3 placement, and #4 All Time Finest. Danny added some nice coins which I am presuming were also upgrades from Vegas such as the 49P 67+FB and 59D 67+FB.

Huge congratulations to both, Danny and @Khayman !!

Speaking of updates, I just updated my PCGS Set and I jumped a whopping six spots, moving from #85 to #79. Cheers from the Emerald Coast... B)

• Options

GC has a nice 1946 MS68FB in a coming up sale.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can this glide in as a roosie.
    Trying to keep a watch on, the, the, a, ...ya the bands. No,thats not it.
    Density of the , a , a, EAGLE and the Dove?
    Am I grabbing a straw here?

• Options

@Stooge said:
    GC has a nice 1946 MS68FB in a coming up sale.

This is a great example of how far off the PCGS price guide can be. As the pop has risen to 5 on the 1946 MS68FB the price guide still reflects a value when it was a pop 1. The 1946D MS68FB has a pop of 3 and the price guide has been adjusted accordingly and is over 50% below of what the 46P is, and I value the 46D higher than the 46P in 68FB. The GC starting bid (reserve) on the 46P is 28% below price guide and wont even garner a bid and will close unsold.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some gorgeous coins posted on this forum! I have not added a dime in a long time!

• Options

Thanks @lablover for the dime, I appreciate it.

MS67+FB

Later, Paul.