Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #7

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. Really like the 59D

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took a look at your set and I just love the 1946-S MS67FB. Its a looker for sure!

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tom147 said:
    Very nice. Really like the 59D

That might be the most special dime in there just because it seems like that date/mm is pretty hard to come by with real nice color.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like all of those, but that last 54-P is SPECIAL (to me). :)

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2020 12:06PM

Both those 54P's are the same coin. The bottom 54P is when it was in the NGC holder and top pic is after it crossed to PCGS. What a difference a picture can make.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@onlyroosies said:
    Both those 54P's are the same coin. The bottom 54P is when it was in the NGC holder and top pic is after it crossed to PCGS. What a difference a picture can make.

So, which one does it look like? I like the top one, but love the bottom one.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    QBert

You have the first 49S MS68FB in your possession. You beat me out of that coin many years ago and to this day I still think about it. If I remember right (correct me if I'm wrong) right after you won the coin on eBay I offered you a huge profit for it. I fell asleep and missed the end of the auction that night. Very shortly after that I signed up with esnipe.

Let me know when it's for sale

Nick

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

@tonedroosies said:

@onlyroosies said:
    QBert

You have the first 49S MS68FB in your possession. You beat me out of that coin many years ago and to this day I still think about it. If I remember right (correct me if I'm wrong) right after you won the coin on eBay I offered you a huge profit for it. I fell asleep and missed the end of the auction that night. Very shortly after that I signed up with esnipe.

Let me know when it's for sale

Nick

QBert did have what I believe would have been the first 1949S MS68FB if he had sent it in for regrade. I don't believe he has done that recently and now one has been made and it's not Larry's 49S. tonedroosies did you make it. If so PM me your price.

Nick

• Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Don't look too close...

• Options

This just might be a new low price for an MS67FB silver Roosie.
    On eBay a 1946-S PCGS MS67FB just sold for $43.11

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

pop 244 = kinda common. Price seems about right to me. I think alot more should get that kind of correction. Some are way to high in expectations. Never going to sell.

• Options

@QBert said:
    pop 244 = kinda common. Price seems about right to me. I think alot more should get that kind of correction. Some are way to high in expectations. Never going to sell.

The coin in question is very dull looking to me. I can understand the low price, but if the color, strike, and luster is all there, I could see this date/MM sell for a lot more.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

67fb+ = pop 50 , I would think 200 for those. Exceptional color perhaps a bit more

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pricing of high end Roosies is all about color, luster, and eye appeal!

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

I posted several Roosies on the BST last night. Some raw, some slabbed, all toned, proofs and business strikes. I just re-photographed this one that's nice... Link to BST listing - https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1039470/fsho-some-raw-toners-some-slabbed-toners-some-not-some-genuine-with-trueviews

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

I think you lucked up on the grade for the 75 Reverse!!!

Dan
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Why are there no pop report on the 2017 S?

Dan