Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options
    WOW. PCGS 70's going for just over 1K?

SO glad I sold mine for $1600 in early January.

Maybe I should buy one back for $1000 and keep the $600! image
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Some mainiac. >>

Some Mach-iac!image
  • Options
    I think this is a good place for SOME coinsnop to say "WTF, THEY ARE JUST BULLION"image
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW. PCGS 70's going for just over 1K?

SO glad I sold mine for $1600 in early January.

Maybe I should buy one back for $1000 and keep the $600! image >>

WOW! It is a flippers game and it's time to turn the channel to UHR. How many of the UHR's are going to go for $1,500 because someone's gotta have it and can't wait?

I saw a thread on this forum recently that was trying to argue that maybe anything under a 100,000 was good. Maybe(?)! If it were the "2001 Buffalo" syndrome, then I would agree...but not in this economy. A small premium and then get out unless you want to keep it. It's nothing more than beautiful bullion...which I like.

Ren(UHR)
  • Options
    Did Tony ever come backimage
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will feel remiss if I don't post to a thread North of 6600 posts even though I've nothing to add.
  • Options
    A non FS PCGS MS70 07/08 closed last PM on Ebay at $1230.
    Not to bad in this economy...............
  • Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    I do want a 70 one of these.
    I have a few now at PCGS to be graded. Hope one of them turns up a 70!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A non FS PCGS MS70 07/08 closed last PM on Ebay at $1230.
    Not to bad in this economy............... >>

FYI ... PCGS's FS 70's are still over $2k & I doubt if they are going to drop under $2k .... ( only 168 graded & no change in the #'s graded since prior to 8/08 )
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Chances are slim for an increase in numbers on that one. That is why I am holding on to mine,
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Chances are slim for an increase in numbers on that one. That is why I am holding on to mine, >>

There never was 46,00 put into collector hands ..for sure have some they haven't noticed ..still interesting to hold
  • Options

Just got confirmation on my 12 coins I ordered when they became available. Shipped 2/17. Should have them tomorrow. Wish me luck !
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,487 ✭✭✭✭
    Good Luck!

My 16 were shipped today as well.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Mine shipped also.
  • Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    I will shortly list 5 which PCGS just graded for me at 69 on the BST.
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    My 25 also shipped today!
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    Looks like the PCGS pop report for the non FS will see a more than average increase Sunday

69 ........ 3045
    70 ........ 293

• Options

<< <i>Just got confirmation on my 12 coins I ordered when they became available. Shipped 2/17. Should have them tomorrow. Wish me luck ! >>

I just received the coins. No 08/07's . They were just thrown into the box, Box's were opened and capsules were spilled out but none of the opened. Another SNAFU from the mint.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just got confirmation on my 12 coins I ordered when they became available. Shipped 2/17. Should have them tomorrow. Wish me luck ! >>

I just received the coins. No 08/07's . They were just thrown into the box, Box's were opened and capsules were spilled out but none of the opened. Another SNAFU from the mint. >>

BUMMER!

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>

I just received the coins. No 08/07's . They were just thrown into the box, Box's were opened and capsules were spilled out but none of the opened. Another SNAFU from the mint. >>

I don't miss this game anymore image It's fun to take a chance, but so annoying when you get Mint crap returns!!!
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
  • Options
    I really DO wonder what happened to Tony sometimes...
  • Options

<< <i>

Just received mine as well.

0/16.

Oh well, I should no better but at least I tried! <sigh>

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    And Thanks to the Mint's new policy, you only have seven days to return them.. assuming that's what you're going to do, and you get to pay shipping back to them too.. whee!..

Hey, why don't you guys pool your riches, and order twenty or thirty UHRs.. maybe you'll get really lucky and get some with no edge lettering, and the Reverse of 1907.. image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options

<< <i>And Thanks to the Mint's new policy, you only have seven days to return them.. assuming that's what you're going to do, and you get to pay shipping back to them too.. whee!..

Hey, why don't you guys pool your riches, and order twenty or thirty UHRs.. maybe you'll get really lucky and get some with no edge lettering, and the Reverse of 1907.. image >>

And if we are lucky we will get them by 2017. What a joke that fiasco is!
  • Options

<< <i>

And if we are lucky we will get them by 2017. What a joke that fiasco is! >>

Elaborate, s'il vous plait.. what's the fiasco going on with the UHRs?.. I was going to order one, but Mr. Wallet said image due to unexpected (and unwanted) Dental work.. so I haven't been following any threads here about them.. just noticed that as Gold keeps going up, the Mint keeps jacking up the price.. image has anyone actually gotten one yet?.. Numismatic Noos' latest "Mint Stats" column said there were something like 40,000 ordered as of last week.. are they shipping?.. Without forcing me to do a lot of searching, is there a thread in these forums anywhere with photographs of one and its fancy box and book and stuff actually in a buyer's hands?.. so, if you wouldn't mind.. please explain the fiasco remark..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • Options

<< <i>And Thanks to the Mint's new policy, you only have seven days to return them.. assuming that's what you're going to do, and you get to pay shipping back to them too.. whee!.. >>

I've always paid for my return shipping.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I really DO wonder what happened to Tony sometimes... >>

He got RICH flipping 08/07s on e-Bay, moved to Costa Rica, started a commune for underage waifs. Married a couple of beautiful twin sisters . . . .

Regards,

John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I really DO wonder what happened to Tony sometimes... >>

He got RICH flipping 08/07s on e-Bay, moved to Costa Rica, started a commune for underage waifs. Married a couple of beautiful twin sisters . . . .

Regards,

John >>

• Options

The prices have stayed pretty steady on these and may even be starting to increase a little bit lately.
  • Options
    I dunno what happened with this one to fetch such a low price.. although he had the right grade in the title, he called it an MS70 in the description, and had a couple of really crappy photos.. but the NGC MS69s have all gone from a low of about $375.00 to a high of $485.00 in the past two weeks.. this one's a real fluke, but I can't figure out why it went so low.. someone got a steal.. and the seller took it up the.. uhh.. you know.. should've gone for a couple Franklins more.. plus he'll eat it on his Free Shipping, and eBay and PayPal fees.. he'll be lucky to end up with $230.00.. I don't see any red flags that'd cause it to sell for that price.. you?..

eBay Link

• Options
    I think having "Rev." instead of "reverse" hurt his visibility

I only got 5 hits with Rev

I got 29 with reverse and these did NOT show the "rev's"

He did not include Silver Eagle in the title

His category was Coins & Paper Money > Coins: US > Dollars > Other instead of Coins & Paper Money > Bullion > Silver > American Eagle

multiple possible issues
  • Options
    The search I use to find these, which found this one, is:

2008 rev* NGC MS6*

That catches "rev" "reverse" "rev[rest of word spelled wrong]" and MS6anything.. I almost never do category searches, but yeah, you're right.. totally wrong category..

His crappy pictures shouldn't have hurt him much.. I've seen worse pictures for these that brought well over $500.00..

In using that search, I've never come up with anything in any other category except 08/07s ASEs slabbed by NGC as MS69.. don't think I've seen an MS68.. I'm not buying.. I'm not selling.. I'm just following prices.. obviously, a lot of people DO use category searches, so that could explain his pitiful results, but in eleven years of using eBay, I almost never use category searches.. I use keywords with wildcard asterisks most of the time, to catch misspelled words and partial words..

What else is there that exists that 2008 rev* NGC MS6* could possibly catch that isn't one of these coins?..
    Just change NGC to PCGS if you want to search for those, and change MS6* to MS* if you want to search for any grade.. and catch them all in one search..

I know eBay's search has an "or" character, but I can never remember what it is.. I'm doing some listings and too lazy to look it up.. is it some insert of a vertical bar?.. would it be 2008 rev* NGC|PCGS MS* to catch both TPGs?.. can't remember..
  • Options
    If you ever had any doubts about FS being worth the extra $14 in grading fee ... the following auction should dis spell that notion. ( Not my auction)
    PCGS FS MS70

Non F/S have been selling in the $1200-$1500 range
  • Options
    Don't worry, the price is going TO DA MOON once the new Red Book comes out ! ! !

Regards,

John
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when is that and how much do you all think they will actually increase?
  • Options

<< <i>Don't worry, the price is going TO DA MOON once the new Red Book comes out ! ! !

Regards,

John >>

I agree with you on that!
  • Options
    SaamSaam Posts: 477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't worry, the price is going TO DA MOON once the new Red Book comes out ! ! ! >>

I won't believe until I see it! Prices seem to be stagnant.
  • Options
    cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489

<< <i>I may be jaded, but it seems everytime someone says "All Aboard" and I jump on the train, the wheels fall off and I never get to the next station. Then they won't refund my ticket, I end up taking the bus, and never get to enjoy the trip....I'm not jumping onto "this" train, I'll see some of you on the bus!

image >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Don't worry, the price is going TO DA MOON once the new Red Book comes out ! ! ! >>

I won't believe until I see it! Prices seem to be stagnant. >>

Stagnant is good. This coin is just waiting in the wings to explode in value. Especially the PCGS 1st strike's and the NGC early releases.
  • Options

You-hoo! Is anybody still out there?
  • Options
    stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I am still here - but myself and others have migrated over to the next big hyped topic - UHR or the lack thereof!

JC
  • Options
    Purchased one from the bay, sent into pcgs, came back a ms 70, Luck or what?
    givemearum
  • Options
    CONGRADULATIONS!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Purchased one from the bay, sent into pcgs, came back a ms 70, Luck or what? >>

Great ... your coin is now worth about $1200 ... btw, how much did you pay for it on eBay?
  • Options

<< <i>Purchased one from the bay, sent into pcgs, came back a ms 70, Luck or what? >>

And also the obligatory "you suck!" of the week award.. (since you only have 9 postings, I'm gonna assume you're new here.. the "you suck" award is not intended as an insult.. it's more like a "you lucky son of a [female dog].." type thing.. be sure to tell the seller the grade you got.. that should really make his day..
  • Options
    MrScienceMrScience Posts: 728 ✭✭✭
    When I completed a first pass on my 2008 income tax returns, I confirmed that I owe money....

Thank you, John Nanney! image
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    I did pay $299.99.
    givemearum
  • Options

<< <i>I did pay $299.99. >>

Turned out to be a great buy. image
  • Options

SCORE ! ! !

Regards,

John

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file