Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official 2023 NFL Regular Season Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

So what’s the game everyone is looking forward to tomorrow?
    Interesting time for the Rams-Cowboys game and that’s a 1:00 pm start. Dallas usually plays the late schedule and hosting a west coast team you would think the NFL would want a 4:00 pm start. I think the unusual time works in favor or the Rams being a touchdown underdog.
    The game of the day is definitely Bengals-49ers and the line has moved from 3 to 5.5 in favor of the niners. I think that’s too many.
    Most interesting line move was the Colts favored by 1.5 over the Saints. Now the Saints are a 2.5 point favorite.
    I was on the Colts early but backed away. You would think I’d be pounding them as I was willing to give up 1.5 but now won’t take the 2.5. Interesting.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have the battle of the first and second picks happening. Houston and Carolina. How do you feel about your team's pick and season @doubledragon ? How does anyone else think the teams did picking? Too early to tell?

I'd love to see my Pats keep it up and look good and beat the Dolphins.

Definitely interested in Cowboys vs Rams, Bengals vs 49ers.

Are the Lions going to continue congealing into a legit contender?

Are the Ravens a team to be considered among the best?

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steelers offense is non existent today so far

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

What ever happened to defensive players making offensive players scared? I know that the rules changed, and they call flagrant penalties, there are ejections, fines, etc. But what happened? Why can't you put bottom of roster guys on the field, and pay their fines and missed game checks, and have them make people afraid? Quarterbacks and wide receivers do what they want.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rams to the slaughter, just as I figured. Boring.

People say Dallas is “America’s team,” but it’s not mine.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2023 12:19PM

Jacksonville is up 17 - 3 on Pittsburgh. It should be a lot more. They left at least 6 points on the field in the first half because of fumbles and interceptions. The Pittsburgh offense is nonexistent.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

i said this after the Minnesota game, and i'll say it again after watching the first quarter against the Bengals

San Francisco's defense is a joke. getting shredded like cheese again. zero chance of them winning a Super Bowl with those 11 imposters playing they way they have

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2023 2:59PM

They’re saying Kirk Cousins suffered an Achilles tear and is out for the season.

• Options

@galaxy27 The panthers messed around and won a game today. Maybe your Bears do it tonight as well?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Tampa fans are upset they didn’t get the pass interference on the Hail Mary. Well I guess the calls kinda even out, or no calls.

Pretty legit non call on that one

• Options

Unusual Sunday it this is the NFL.
    Who would have thought the 49ers would lose 3 in a row. Denver beating Kansas City after losing 16 straight.
    Jets-Giants 24 punts and 4-34 on 3rd down. Carolina wins their first game and Will Levis throws 4 TD’s in for Tannihill. Maybe we won’t see Tannihill again

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Who would have thought the 49ers would lose 3 in a row. Denver beating Kansas City after losing 16 straight.
    Jets-Giants 24 punts and 4-34 on 3rd down. Carolina wins their first game and Will Levis throws 4 TD’s in for Tannihill. Maybe we won’t see Tannihill again

Very weird day. Makes it interesting. At least in terms of...you don't have that sense of one or two teams being head and shoulders above the rest. And honestly, same for the worst teams. lol

• Options

@Darin said:
    They’re saying Kirk Cousins suffered an Achilles tear and is out for the season.

He's only signed through this year.
    He's gotten better, seemingly, and has the sort of game that translates to getting better with age. Of course, injuries throw a wrench into that.

Will he be back in Minnesota? Or elsewhere?

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@Darin said:

He's only signed through this year.
    He's gotten better, seemingly, and has the sort of game that translates to getting better with age. Of course, injuries throw a wrench into that.

Will he be back in Minnesota? Or elsewhere?

I feel bad for him and Viking fans. He was having a great year. 🙁

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

San Francisco's defense is a joke. getting shredded like cheese again. zero chance of them winning a Super Bowl with those 11 imposters playing they way they have

Jeez, sounds like the fair weather fans have flew the coop. All I heard after the 49s superb Dallas thrashing was "Super Bowl" and "Best team in the league"!

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@galaxy27 said:

Jeez, sounds like the fair weather fans have flew the coop. All I heard after the 49s superb Dallas thrashing was "Super Bowl" and "Best team in the league"!

49ers defense isnt bad but their offense has suffered some big injuries. Bengals have a very good offense when Burrow is healthy which it looks like he is again.

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@galaxy27 said:

fair weather 49ers fan? Super Bowl? best team in the league?

are you confused by the avatar? 😂

• Options
    edited October 30, 2023 12:36AM

@Basebal21 said:

49ers defense isnt bad

if by not bad you mean the defense has given the team no chance to win the past couple of weeks, then you're right

the Niners are screwed. very screwed. after the next 5 games they'll have at least 5 losses

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    What ever happened to defensive players making offensive players scared? I know that the rules changed, and they call flagrant penalties, there are ejections, fines, etc. But what happened? Why can't you put bottom of roster guys on the field, and pay their fines and missed game checks, and have them make people afraid? Quarterbacks and wide receivers do what they want.

would Vontez Burfect be the last player to put fear into opposing players?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@2dueces said:

that has been the NFL this season. very strange year. I didnt realize it had been 16 straight with KC over Denver. I didnt get to catch the game, but it looks like KC never really got into their offense. I wonder what happened?

• Options

I think this is the first game this season that Burrows has looked like himself. Cinci is a tough team to beat when Joe Cool is healthy

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I think this is the first game this season that Burrows has looked like himself. Cinci is a tough team to beat when Joe Cool is healthy

Just in time for Buffalo. Told you the franchise is cursed. 😳

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@craig44 said:

@2dueces said:

that has been the NFL this season. very strange year. I didnt realize it had been 16 straight with KC over Denver. I didnt get to catch the game, but it looks like KC never really got into their offense. I wonder what happened?

Before yesterday the Broncos had won a Super Bowl sooner than beating the Chiefs

W.C.Fields
  • Options

49ers and Purdy. Tape and adjustments. It was a matter of time before his flaws were exposed. Still he’s impressive (mostly) for Mr. Irrelevant. He has great instincts. Reads the field and makes quick decisions. Sometimes they’re wrong but at least he see and throws unlike most rookies with happy feet and constant sacks from indecisions

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@2dueces said:

QB play.
    Mahomes throws 2 picks and 0 TDs.
    Wilson throws 3 TDs and 0 picks.
    Game, set, and match.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@thisistheshow said:

would Vontez Burfect be the last player to put fear into opposing players?

Yeah, I admit, I hated him.

Honestly, I shouldn't be advocating for anything that sounds cheap or dirty.

I just felt frustrated yesterday watching the Dolphins match up the field all game. Lol

• Options

@2dueces said:
    49ers and Purdy. Tape and adjustments. It was a matter of time before his flaws were exposed. Still he’s impressive (mostly) for Mr. Irrelevant. He has great instincts. Reads the field and makes quick decisions. Sometimes they’re wrong but at least he see and throws unlike most rookies with happy feet and constant sacks from indecisions

If I had to guess, I'd say that if he is given opportunities he will be fine.

• Options

What a day for upsets! I didn’t watch the Cincinnati - San Francisco game because I thought it would be a blowout. I thought that the 49ers would be loaded for bear since they had lost two in a row and were at home. The Denver - Kansas City game was a shocker.

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@galaxy27 said:

I was the biggest SF Super Bowl.talker here, I was flat out wrong.

They fell off a cliff it seems

• Options

@craig44 said:

@2dueces said:

Apparently Mahomes was sick, Ofcourse I found that out after I parlayed them.

@Darin mentioned it in another thread I think

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Steven59 said:

@galaxy27 said:

yeah, I was a big SF believer as well. I still think that when they get healthy they will turn the ship around. they are too good to look this bad.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

@Steven59 said:

@galaxy27 said:

yeah, I was a big SF believer as well. I still think that when they get healthy they will turn the ship around. they are too good to look this bad.

The NFL is weird and funny at the same time.

They sure are capable of running the table but in the same thought process they could lose every game as well

It's the NFL 🤷

• Options

the reason i keep harping on the Niners is because people started comparing their D to the 85 Bears and that annoyed the shit out of me. it's an insulting comparison if you've watched them play the past couple of weeks. really? so the 85 Bears would allow two quarterbacks in consecutive weeks to complete a combined 63 out of 77 pass attempts and blow down the field at will? please just stop it. this supposed terrorizing defense that SF possesses hasn't been able to get to the quarterback and they haven't been able to cover anyone in the secondary. other than that, they're the 85 Bears.

• Options
    edited October 30, 2023 11:04AM

@galaxy27 said:
    the reason i keep harping on the Niners is because people started comparing their D to the 85 Bears and that annoyed the shit out of me. it's an insulting comparison if you've watched them play the past couple of weeks. really? so the 85 Bears would allow two quarterbacks in consecutive weeks to complete a combined 63 out of 77 pass attempts and blow down the field at will? please just stop it. this supposed terrorizing defense that SF possesses hasn't been able to get to the quarterback and they haven't been able to cover anyone in the secondary. other than that, they're the 85 Bears.

Yep.and you have every right to be calling it out, like I said I was the biggest talker of them saying they were "Elite" I legitimately thought they were and I'm not even a fan of them.

Guilty as charged good Sir 😅

• Options
    edited October 30, 2023 11:23AM

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

Yep.and you have every right to be calling it out, like I said I was the biggest talker of them saying they were "Elite" I legitimately thought they were and I'm not even a fan of them.

none of my comments were directed toward you brother. just an inordinate amount of crap i've been reading online (not from this forum). knee-jerk comparisons really grind my gears. i so desperately want to contact some of these dopes who get paid to write NFL articles and ask them to please amend the pop tarts they wrote just a few short weeks ago.

• Options
    edited October 30, 2023 12:56PM

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

none of my comments were directed toward you brother. just an inordinate amount of crap i've been reading online (not from this forum). knee-jerk comparisons really grind my gears. i so desperately want to contact some of these dopes who get paid to write NFL articles and ask them to please amend the pop tarts they wrote just a few short weeks ago.

Oh I know, I didn't take it that way but I figured I'd openly eat some humble pie because I was fooled by them, I hate sports radio and TV, I can't even watch pregame shows on Sundays anymore, it annoys me more than anything listening to their crap

🍻

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

49ers defense isnt bad

if by not bad you mean the defense has given the team no chance to win the past couple of weeks, then you're right

the Niners are screwed. very screwed. after the next 5 games they'll have at least 5 losses

Its the offense that hasnt given them a chance to win. Purdy had 5 INTs and 2 fumbles in the last three games. Hes become a turnover machine which hangs your defense out to dry. The offense has scored exactly 17 points in each of the last three games. They lost 19-17 to Cleveland, 22-17 to Minn and 31-17 to Cincy. The 31 doesnt look great but considering the 49ers turned the ball over 3 times to a team with a now healthy Burrow and a very good offense the 31 is actually pretty good. The defense is fine, Purdy is the issue. When they were winning he wasnt turning the ball over

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

If I had to guess, I'd say that if he is given opportunities he will be fine.

Theres not really much to suggest that Purdy is any better than what we are seeing right now. He wasnt very good in college as a 4 year starter. He was actually worse his senior year than he was as a sophomore

• Options
    edited October 30, 2023 2:02PM

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

49ers defense isnt bad

Its the offense that hasnt given them a chance to win. Purdy had 5 INTs and 2 fumbles in the last three games. Hes become a turnover machine which hangs your defense out to dry. The offense has scored exactly 17 points in each of the last three games. They lost 19-17 to Cleveland, 22-17 to Minn and 31-17 to Cincy. The 31 doesnt look great but considering the 49ers turned the ball over 3 times to a team with a now healthy Burrow and a very good offense the 31 is actually pretty good. The defense is fine, Purdy is the issue. When they were winning he wasnt turning the ball over

trust me, i think Purdy is a problem too. i've said as much in past weeks. he's getting exposed big time. but he's not the only culprit. clearly you didn't watch the games against Cincinnati and Minnesota. if you had, you wouldn't be saying such silly things about the defense. is allowing 63 completions out of 77 pass attempts the past two weeks good to you? what about giving up a combined 825 yards? what about 6 touchdowns and 4 field goals? and let's not forget, one of the teams they got punked by didn't even have their best player on the field (Jefferson). in no one's world is that considered fine except yours.

for crying out loud, Kyle Shanahan publicly called out Steve Wilks recently...........and it wasn't to tell the world what a fine job he was doing lol

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

49ers defense isnt bad

trust me, i think Purdy is a problem too. i've said as much in past weeks. he's getting exposed big time. but he's not the only culprit. clearly you didn't watch the games against Cincinnati and Minnesota. if you had, you wouldn't be saying such silly things about the defense. is allowing 63 completions out of 77 pass attempts the past two weeks good to you? what about giving up a combined 825 yards? what about 6 touchdowns? and let's not forget, one of the teams they got punked by didn't even have their best player on the field (Jefferson). in no one's world is that considered fine except yours.

for crying out loud, Kyle Shanahan publicly called out Steve Wilks recently...........and it wasn't to tell him what a fine job he was doing lol

Completion percentage can be a little misleading. Its easy to keep that high if you keep the passes short. Even without Jefferson the Vikings have a very good WR group. Addison is a stud that gets overshadowed by Jefferson and Hockenson is a very good TE catching too. Cincy has a very good WR group as well and Chase could possibly be the second best WR in the league. They faced two very good offenses while also dealing with a ton of turnovers from their own offense. Considering the amount of turnovers they actually did a good job.

I can certainly understand why Kyle would do that, he has too otherwise the blame falls on him. He was upset about the blitz call, but would have praised him if it worked. Unless they pitch a shutout its basically a no win for their DC right now. It doesnt change the fact that his offense has become a turnover machine and didnt break 20 points. Even with that blitz call the Vikings game was still very winnable. They have far to much talent on offense to only be putting up 17 points consistently

• Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL at the Phildelphia "Refereeagles" worst 7-1 team in the history of the NFL. Never seen a single team benefit so much by paid-off Refs.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

49ers defense isnt bad

trust me, i think Purdy is a problem too. i've said as much in past weeks. he's getting exposed big time. but he's not the only culprit. clearly you didn't watch the games against Cincinnati and Minnesota. if you had, you wouldn't be saying such silly things about the defense. is allowing 63 completions out of 77 pass attempts the past two weeks good to you? what about giving up a combined 825 yards? what about 6 touchdowns? and let's not forget, one of the teams they got punked by didn't even have their best player on the field (Jefferson). in no one's world is that considered fine except yours.

for crying out loud, Kyle Shanahan publicly called out Steve Wilks recently...........and it wasn't to tell him what a fine job he was doing lol

Completion percentage can be a little misleading. Its easy to keep that high if you keep the passes short. Even without Jefferson the Vikings have a very good WR group. Addison is a stud that gets overshadowed by Jefferson and Hockenson is a very good TE catching too. Cincy has a very good WR group as well and Chase could possibly be the second best WR in the league. They faced two very good offenses while also dealing with a ton of turnovers from their own offense. Considering the amount of turnovers they actually did a good job.

I can certainly understand why Kyle would do that, he has too otherwise the blame falls on him. He was upset about the blitz call, but would have praised him if it worked. Unless they pitch a shutout its basically a no win for their DC right now. It doesnt change the fact that his offense has become a turnover machine and didnt break 20 points. Even with that blitz call the Vikings game was still very winnable. They have far to much talent on offense to only be putting up 17 points consistently

baseball you are the best bro. i just can't get enough of you spouting nonsense and then doubling down. it just never gets old.

you're right, a unit that allowed a completion rate of 82% the past two weeks, 825 combined yards, and was scored on 10 different times is absolved. they're doing a fine job, and it's the offense's fault. Brock Purdy you sack of pop tarts, look at what you've done to our defense. 😅

heaven forbid anyone listens to a guy like Mike Martz who actually watches the games too. why would i listen to someone who has coached in Super Bowls when i have mr. clairvoyant on the CU forum who probably hasn't seen a single Niners snap all season?

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/analysis/brock-purdy-is-not-san-francisco-49ers-problem-defense-is/

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

49ers defense isnt bad

baseball you are the best bro. i just can't get enough of you spouting nonsense and then doubling down. it just never gets old.

you're right, a unit that allowed a completion rate of 82% the past two weeks, 825 combined yards, and was scored on 10 different times is absolved. they're doing a fine job, and it's the offense's fault. Brock Purdy you sack of pop tarts, look at what you've done to our defense. 😅

heaven forbid anyone listens to a guy like Mike Martz who actually watches the games too. why would i listen to someone who has coached in Super Bowls when i have mr. clairvoyant on the CU forum who probably hasn't seen a single Niners snap all season?

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/analysis/brock-purdy-is-not-san-francisco-49ers-problem-defense-is/

If youre trying to argue offensive turnovers dont impact a defense I dont know what to say.

The 49ers defense has given up more than 20 points 3 times and two of those three were in the last two games of Pursy and the offense being turnover machines and giving up short fields. NFL teams regularly score 30 plus points and theyve only given that up once, yesterday when they had 3 turnovers. Theres a direct correlation to their defense giving up more points to very good offenses from offensive turnovers

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

49ers defense isnt bad

If youre trying to argue offensive turnovers dont impact a defense I dont know what to say.

The 49ers defense has given up more than 20 points 3 times and two of those three were in the last two games of Pursy and the offense being turnover machines and giving up short fields. NFL teams regularly score 30 plus points and theyve only given that up once, yesterday when they had 3 turnovers. Theres a direct correlation to their defense giving up more points to very good offenses from offensive turnovers

what i'm telling you is that i've watched every snap of Niners-Vikes and Niners-Bengals, and my takeaway mirrors Mike Martz's to a tee. not in my most inebriated state would i say "the defense is fine" the way you did after what i've witnessed the past two weeks. they have gotten absolutely shredded two weeks in a row. they can't get to the quarterback, they can't cover, they can't tackle. that's how you give up 82%, 825 and 10 separate scores in two weeks.

you keep harping on turnovers because you're grasping at straws. well when that happened, guess what? that was a golden opportunity for the defense step the f up -- especially if they're the supposed best that the NFL has to offer. they have done anything but. know what they've done instead? they morphed into a sieve, allowing the opposition to go up and down the field on them. short field, long field, doesn't matter. they're grossly overrated as a unit. i see it, and it took me half a minute to find someone who knows football who essentially said the same thing.

but you do you my friend

• Options
    edited October 30, 2023 4:25PM

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

49ers defense isnt bad

what i'm telling you is that i've watched every snap of Niners-Vikes and Niners-Bengals, and my takeaway mirrors Mike Martz's to a tee. not in my most inebriated state would i say "the defense is fine" the way you did after what i've witnessed the past two weeks. they have gotten absolutely shredded two weeks in a row. they can't get to the quarterback, they can't cover, they can't tackle. that's how you give up 82%, 825 and 10 separate scores in two weeks.

you keep harping on turnovers because you're grasping at straws. well when that happened, guess what? that was a golden opportunity for the defense step the f up -- especially if they're the supposed best that the NFL has to offer. they have done anything but. know what they've done instead? they morphed into a sieve, allowing the opposition to go up and down the field on them. short field, long field, doesn't matter. they're grossly overrated as a unit. i see it, and it took me half a minute to find someone who knows football who essentially said the same thing.

but you do you my friend

So the defense is just supposed to be the greatest thing that has ever set foot on a football field and turnovers and an inept offense isnt supposed to matter?

I keep harping on turnovers and lack of offense because it matters. You give the ball over multiple times a game giving a short field you will give up points. Its not a coincidence that when they were winning they didnt turn the ball over and now that theyre turnover machines they are losing.

No one has said the 49ers defense is the best in the NFL other than maybe local SF news. They arent. Theyre good and more than enough to win games if the offense would do something and stop having multiple turnovers a game. 17 points 3 games in a row with multiple turnovers is unrealistic to blame the defense for loses

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

49ers defense isnt bad

but you do you my friend

So the defense is just supposed to be the greatest thing that has ever set foot on a football field and turnovers and an inept offense isnt supposed to matter?

I keep harping on turnovers and lack of offense because it matters. You give the ball over multiple times a game giving a short field you will give up points. Its not a coincidence that when they were winning they didnt turn the ball over and now that theyre turnover machines they are losing.

No one has said the 48ers defense is the best in the NFL other than maybe local SF news. They arent. Theyre good and more than enough to win games if the offense would do something and stop having multiple turnovers a game. 17 points 3 games in a row with multiple turnovers is unrealistic to blame the defense for loses

dude if you want to tell me I'm wrong, fine. but would you do the same if Mike Martz was sitting in front of you? did you watch the video? did you hear him giving the defense a pass at any point? no, he didn't. and neither have I. know why? because he has actually watched their last two games the way I did. and the way you clearly did not.

I have already said that Purdy is in over his head. he is part of the problem. once a key cog or two is stripped from him, he turns into a fish that's completely out of water. but he is NOT the reason the defense has sucked.

to sit there and defend those group of guys is comical. so let me guess, that freebie touchdown that the SF D handed to Minny at the tail end of the first half was Brock Purdy's fault too? that was AMATEUR HOUR kind of stuff. but I'm sure in your warped mind it'll be anyone else's fault but the 11 guys who were on the field. was it Taylor Swift's fault? or John Gotti's? perhaps D.B. Cooper's?

how about we take a gander at the first-half scoring summary for the Bengals, shall we?

85 yards - touchdown
    58 yards - touchdown
    48 yards - missed fg
    71 yards - fumble

do you see an SF turnover anywhere? do you see the word 'PUNT' next to any Cincy drive? do you realize that the Cincy kicker and a turnover near the goal line are the only things that prevented Cincinnati from going 4-for-4 in scoring drives that started in their end of the field? let me guess, the SF defense played fine? it's RuPaul's fault?

• Options

Just noticed - when did the Lions get sideline cheerleaders? :*

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

49ers defense isnt bad

but you do you my friend

No one has said the 48ers defense is the best in the NFL other than maybe local SF news. They arent. Theyre good and more than enough to win games if the offense would do something and stop having multiple turnovers a game. 17 points 3 games in a row with multiple turnovers is unrealistic to blame the defense for loses

dude if you want to tell me I'm wrong, fine. but would you do the same if Mike Martz was sitting in front of you? did you watch the video? did you hear him giving the defense a pass at any point? no, he didn't. and neither have I. know why? because he has actually watched their last two games the way I did. and the way you clearly did not.

I have already said that Purdy is in over his head. he is part of the problem. once a key cog or two is stripped from him, he turns into a fish that's completely out of water. but he is NOT the reason the defense has sucked.

to sit there and defend those group of guys is comical. so let me guess, that freebie touchdown that the SF D handed to Minny at the tail end of the first half was Brock Purdy's fault too? that was AMATEUR HOUR kind of stuff. but I'm sure in your warped mind it'll be anyone else's fault but the 11 guys who were on the field. was it Taylor Swift's fault? or John Gotti's? perhaps D.B. Cooper's?

how about we take a gander at the first-half scoring summary for the Bengals, shall we?

85 yards - touchdown
    58 yards - touchdown
    48 yards - missed fg
    71 yards - fumble

do you see an SF turnover anywhere? do you see the word 'PUNT' next to any Cincy drive? do you realize that the Cincy kicker and a turnover near the goal line are the only things that prevented Cincinnati from going 4-for-4 in scoring drives that started in their end of the field? let me guess, the SF defense played fine? it's RuPaul's fault?

I would absolutely tell Mertz the same thing. Its not the 80s anymore, 17 points isnt a realistic score to expect to win every game. Some games it will but 21 teams average over 20 points a game

Multiple turnovers gas out defenses that lead to bad touchdowns. The Vikings had the ball for over 10 minutes more than the 49ers. Cincy was a beneficiary of 3 turnovers creating short fields on short rest with a very good offense. You cant cover people forever, its much harder to cover than run routes.

I never said their D was amazing but it hasnt been the issue. Its not like its trash and giving up 19, 22, and 31 points in 3 loses teams would take that every time. 2 of those 3 they should have won. Its not realistic anymore to expect defenses to hold teams to 10 points or less especially not with the offense being a turnover machine

• Options

Now who be trolling -

• Options
    edited October 30, 2023 7:28PM

@Basebal21 said:

Multiple turnovers gas out defenses that lead to bad touchdowns.

I never said their D was amazing but it hasnt been the issue.

here's the first half against Minny and the first half against Cincy. you know, the time when the defense shouldn't be so gassed (lol). I see ONE play made by the SF defense (a pick), and ONE turnover by the SF offense......and it was deep in Minnesota territory. then what did the Niners defense do? they compounded that problem by allowing the Vikings to blow down the field and score. then they allowed them to blow down the field and kick a FG. then they allowed them to blow down the field and score another touchdown.

now let's move to the Cincy game.

I see ZERO turnovers by the SF offense. I then see one touchdown by the Bengals, another one, a missed FG, and a turnover near the goal line.

and Z-E-R-O punts by either the Vikings or Bengals

so in two halves, the Niners D -- which, according to you, is playing fine and not the problem -- didn't force a single punt when they were supposedly fresh (lol), and they were very fortunate not to allow 7 consecutive scoring drives.

you're the best bro lol