Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official 2023 NFL Regular Season Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

that Philly push play is hard/impossible to stop.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watson, who started the Browns game then was taken out in the first quarter after being knocked to the ground, had no zip on his passes and was intercepted once and another near interception was dropped. Coaching staff didn't comment but sideline reporters stated he was in obvious pain from trying to throw under game conditions.
    So that's what a quarter billion dollars gets you nowadays!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just can’t understand how the NY Jets had no use for Mecole Hardman. He comes back to the Chiefs and has a huge 50 yard punt return and a critical first down catch to help KC put away the game against the Chargers.
    Glad the Jets were stupid enough not to play him. 😝
    Also Charles Omenihu was back and had a sack and a huge batted down pass attempt. Chiefs D shut down the Chargers in second half. Zero points.
    Meanwhile Mahomes is gradually taking back his rightful spot at the top of the QB leaderboards.
    QBR of 92, passer rating 129, 424 yards passing with 4 touchdowns.
    Of course the GOAT tight end was huge with 179 yards receiving.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    I just can’t understand how the NY Jets had no use for Mecole Hardman. He comes back to the Chiefs and has a huge 50 yard punt return and a critical first down catch to help KC put away the game against the Chargers.
    Also Charles Omenihu was back and had a sack and a huge batted down pass attempt. Chiefs D shut down the Chargers in second half. Zero points.
    Meanwhile Mahomes is gradually taking back his rightful spot at the top of the QB leaderboards.

The Jets just waste opportunities with solid players, Hardman just needed a chance but Wilson isn't the greatest QB to give that opportunity, had Rodgers not got hurt it might have been a different story but without him I'm not surprised, they basically wasted Lev Bells talent as well

• Options

And yes Mahomes lit it up.

The Chargers were ripe for a thrashing

• Options

The Browns kicker Dustin Hopkins had more distance yards in four field goals (210) than QB PJ Walker had in yards passing (178) yesterday.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

The Jets just waste opportunities with solid players, Hardman just needed a chance but Wilson isn't the greatest QB to give that opportunity, had Rodgers not got hurt it might have been a different story but without him I'm not surprised, they basically wasted Lev Bells talent as well

@perkdog How are you going to quote our friend @darin and not mention that little nugget he snuck in the last sentence...calling Kelce the GOAT TE...

And how about you, @darin, trying to sneak that in like I wouldn't notice. @erikthredd @craig44 did you see this?

We need @4for4 back to start the appropriate poll.

• Options

Calling Kelce the GOAT TE is like saying that the Eagles were heavily penalized last night, right @stevek :p

• Options
    edited October 23, 2023 4:55PM

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

@perkdog How are you going to quote our friend @darin and not mention that little nugget he snuck in the last sentence...calling Kelce the GOAT TE...

And how about you, @darin, trying to sneak that in like I wouldn't notice. @erikthredd @craig44 did you see this?

Well, Kelce and Gronk are the same age and one looks like a broken down old man who retired years ago and was in his prime about a decade ago, and the other just put up 179 yards receiving yesterday.
    Gronk is not only his name but it’s the sound he makes about 17 times every morning when he’s trying to get out of bed. 🦕Gronkasaurus

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

Well, Kelce and Gronk are the same age and one looks like a broken down old man who retired years ago and was in his prime about a decade ago, and the other just put up 179 yards receiving yesterday.
    Gronk is not only his name but it’s the sound he makes about 17 times every morning when he’s trying to get out of bed. 🦕◀️ Gronkasaurus

Well, I didn't mention say anything about Gronk. But know that you mention him...lol...where's that poll? Greatest TE . Should be a good thread...

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

Gronk is not only his name but it’s the sound he makes about 17 times every morning when he’s trying to get out of bed. 🦕◀️ Gronkasaurus

Well, I didn't mention say anything about Gronk. But know that you mention him...lol...where's that poll? Greatest TE . Should be a good thread...

Tony Gonzalez vs. Travis Kelce 🤔

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:

Greatest "Tight End" ever - thread to be over before it got started - :D
    From 2016 - don't know if he ever made it in the NFL though..........

"Jake Butt named nation's most outstanding tight end"

MICHIGAN TIGHT END JAKE BUTT HAULED IN FOUR TOUCHDOWNS IN THE REGULAR SEASON.
    🤔

• Options
    edited October 23, 2023 6:42PM

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

Honestly I took that as the GOAT TE currently playing, Kelce is a better receiver than Gronk ever was but overall Gronks ability to block much better gives him the edge in my opinion. Kelce is one of the best vertical threat TE's ever though, can't really argue that but Tony Gonzalez was better

And yes I started a poll 💥💥💥

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

Gronk is not only his name but it’s the sound he makes about 17 times every morning when he’s trying to get out of bed. 🦕Gronkasaurus

I honestly could not care less about making an argument for the Gronk/Kelce GOAT debate but as for the rest of your remark, If I was Gronk and waking up every morning next to this,I'd be hoping to hear that sound much more than 17 times each morning. 😎

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

meanwhile San Francisco is about to lose again

• Options

How the mighty have fallen. What happened to the 49's ?

• Options

@erikthredd

If I was Gronk and waking up every morning next to this.

Just one problem....with all of her makeup smeared on the pillow this is what she looks like in the morning :D

• Options

@Steven59 said:

they're getting thoroughly outplayed on both sides of the ball by a team that has won 2 games (Carolina and Chicago)

welcome to the NFL

• Options

and just like that the Vikes let them off the hook by not scoring from the 1 and it galvanized the Niners

• Options

Kirk Cousins balled out all night....one of the best games I've ever seen him play. sacked zero times and the Minny offense punted once.....all without Justin Jefferson

San Francisco's D was terrible and so was Purdy with the game on the line

if you watched that game and didn't know the records, you would have bet your life that Minnesota was 5-1 and SF was 2-4

• Options

I would expect SF to get it together. They didn't exactly bring it defensively. But yes, Minnesota played well.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    Kirk Cousins balled out all night....one of the best games I've ever seen him play. sacked zero times and the Minny offense punted once.....all without Justin Jefferson

San Francisco's D was terrible and so was Purdy with the game on the line

if you watched that game and didn't know the records, you would have bet your life that Minnesota was 5-1 and SF was 2-4

He's known as not performing well in "prime time" but tonight he did. I would imagine that, barring a SB run, the Cousins years will be so frustrating for Vikings fans because he seems like he could be the guy.

• Options

^^^^^^^
    That was crazy. I know they called it an errant throw, but it seems to me like he made a mental error and thought the ump was the first baseman. 🤷

I read different arguments whether or not the ump should have been looking. Obviously MLB infielders are throwing rockets in that situation. Sone say he should keep his eye on the release of the throw for a split second, judge the trajectory, and that way he can protect himself. I think this is what sone do especially at lower levels. 🤷

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

They have a backup QB starting that excelled because of how stacked their offense was and now with injuries hes getting exposed

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

I was wrong about SF but I think they will still be there come playoff time

• Options

@countdouglas said:

Madden '24!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple weeks ago, some of you guys were calling the 49ers the greatest team ever and wondering if they would go undefeated. Like I said, it’s a long season, especially since it’s now 17 games.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    A couple weeks ago, some of you guys were calling the 49ers the greatest team ever and wondering if they would go undefeated. Like I said, it’s a long season, especially since it’s now 17 games.

I was one of them although I didn't say I was sure they would go undefeated

• Options

Holy cow, how did i miss that? getting hit in the side of the head like that could easily kill someone. Umpire was lucky

• Options

I still think the 49ers will be there at the end of the season. there have been very very few teams in the history of football that have ended a regular season with less than 2 losses.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Regular season high win totals are greatly overrated. Just ask the Braves,Dodgers,Orioles.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

^^^^^^^^
    might be a misplaced comment @BLUEJAYWAY 🤷

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Talk about a "Down goes Frazier,Down goes Frazier, Down goes Frazier" moment.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Here we go again........

"Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson is out for Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks with a shoulder injury, and backup quarterback P.J. Walker will start."

• Options

You gave up a lot to get the guy.

@Steven59 said:
    Here we go again........

"Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson is out for Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks with a shoulder injury, and backup quarterback P.J. Walker will start."

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    You gave up a lot to get the guy

I think I heard on sports talk radio that Watson has only played in 10 of the Browns 23 games since he was signed. Missed 11 in 2022 due to suspension and 2 (3 when he misses the Seattle game) this year due to injury.
    And a 178 yard passing average per game he has played in.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Here we go again........

He needs a deep massage.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Steven59 said:

@thisistheshow said:
    You gave up a lot to get the guy

I think I heard on sports talk radio that Watson has only played in 10 of the Browns 23 games since he was signed. Missed 11 in 2022 due to suspension and 2 (3 when he misses the Seattle game) this year due to injury.
    And a 178 yard passing average per game he has played in.

As an outsider looking in, I despised that trade...and particularly the contract too.

In my opinion, the Browns mismanaged things with Baker.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    As an outsider looking in, I despised that trade...and particularly the contract too.
    In my opinion, the Browns mismanaged things with Baker.

It's always them SOB's - Same Old Brown's

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    He needs a deep massage.

That's probably how he hurt his right shoulder now that he can't get any more massages from women anymore :D

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even when he was healthy he looked like a shell of what he was 3 years ago. Excuses of just knocking the rust off only we’re good for so long. His arm is weak and he’s a full step slower. I’m beginning to think his athletic abilities masked his shortcomings as a quarterback. Now that his athletic abilities are diminished he looks like a below average quarterback making a billion dollars a year

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Buffalo blowout tonight. The Bucks will look like the 2-15 team they were predicted to be.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

I don't know about a blowout - Tampa may have just run out of time to beat over rated Buffalo.

• Options

I think Allen looked good tonight. Pick wasnt on him. deflected ball.

• Options

Definitely a Thursday night special game

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Definitely a Thursday night special game

3 tries at 4th down to keep viewers interested. One was a very unnecessary face mask. The first a ticky tack illegal contact. The touchdown and 2 pt conversation both deflected. If the Bills have any luck it’s 100% bad this year. Every bouncing ball bounces against them. Bills deflect passes fall to the ground. Opponents deflect passes into interceptions and recover their own fumbles.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Tampa fans are upset they didn’t get the pass interference on the Hail Mary. Well I guess the calls kinda even out, or no calls.

W.C.Fields