Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official 2023 NFL Regular Season Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like the last time that Folk missed a FG in the 20-29/30-39yds range was in 2016. His average yards per KO hasn't looked that bad at all either in recent years. Bill probably used that draft pick on the kicker so he wouldn't have to draft someone that could help Mac Jones.

I was listening to a Pats podcast a few days back and heard what could be Bill's get out of jail free card. Its been known since he was drafted that Mac was a Bob Kraft pick,not Belichick's so ultimately when the team fails (if they haven't already) with Jones, BB can then say that it was Kraft's fault not Bill's.

Another viewpoint on those two was Belichick has been Kraft's fall guy in recent years where BB takes most,if not all, of the blame and Bobby K really hasn't received any. They just spent 250M on the largest outdoor jumbotron in the world yet both have been tight-wads when it comes to their salary cap.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2023 11:05AM

The “Carolina Kittens” broke out to a 14-0 lead. Now realty is setting in. It’s 14-14. Soon it will be a blowout.

My game choices are poor. It’s the Dauphins - Kittens on one channel and 49ers - Brownies on the other.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Browns - 49's tied at 10, second half. Didn't see that coming.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, it is hard to believe the 9ers and browns are tied in the 3rd quarter. Purdey is a little off today.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

And the Brownies actually take the lead - 13 - 10

• Options

First time this season that SF has trailed in the 2nd half.

• Options

will this be Purdeys first loss?

• Options

I am pretty interested in what McDaniel has dreamed up to go against BB today!!

• Options

no Deebo, looks like McCaffrey may be out and losing going into the 4th quarter. not looking good for san fran

• Options

@craig44 said:
    no Deebo, looks like McCaffrey may be out and losing going into the 4th quarter. not looking good for san fran

Don't give up yet - Browns have a way of snatching a defeat from the jaws of victory :D

• Options

And there ya go - just like that - SF has the lead. Browns are getting killed by mistakes/penalties like usual.

• Options

NFL rules just cut me out of the game. :#

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

WOW! Missed FG By Moody who has been perfect so far this year! BROWNS WIN - This leauge is so fixed :D

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I bet on the referees?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

rookie kicker loses the game.

• Options

will grier is inactive today

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many unders today.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Folk made his 70th straight FG under 40 yards. Did I hear that right? Why did BB let him go. Please explain wasting a draft choice on a kicker. Contract? Money. Stubborn?

No one can figure that out especially not a pick that high. The undrafted guys were just as good as who got drafted. At least wait longer, the packers got their kicker at the end of the 6th round

• Options

i am just tuning in, how in the world are the Jets only 2 points down late in the 4th quarter?

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jets and Browns with big upsets. Congratulations to the defenses on both these teams.
    In the 60’s the saying was defense wins championships. On October 15th, 2023 defense won football games

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

man, what a weekend of upsets. will buffalo lose tonight?

• Options

I cant believe after Arod goes down after 4 plays that somehow Zach Wilson has led the Jets to a 3-3 record.

Will Wilson Wally Pipp Aaron Rodgers

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Jets and Browns with big upsets. Congratulations to the defenses on both these teams.
    In the 60’s the saying was defense wins championships. On October 15th, 2023 defense won football games

Watching the Browns, 49ers, yes defense was huge. Losing McCaffrey and Samuel also hurt the niners. When you have two stars like that go out, it discombobulates things. I think Shanahan has proven himself a versatile and adaptive coach, and he might have had his team ready enough for a win if those I juries were ahead of time.

Sone questionable penalties really helped the Browns in the end. But yes, their defense played very well. And their QB hung in there and got very lucky he wasn't picked towards the end.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

Losing Debo and McCaffery also played a huge role for the 49ers. Purdy is going to get exposed very fast if he doesnt have elite weapons around him

• Options

@craig44 said:

It’s one of those weekends but in Buffalo against Tyrod Taylor. Mr 3 yard scramble on 3rd and 9? Errr not a chance. Bills hang 41 on the G-men.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

It’s one of those weekends but in Buffalo against Tyrod Taylor. Mr 3 yard scramble on 3rd and 9? Errr not a chance. Bills hang 41 on the G-men.

I sure hope so. Now that Tommy has retired, Josh Allen is my favorite current player to watch. He is a monster.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I cant believe after Arod goes down after 4 plays that somehow Zach Wilson has led the Jets to a 3-3 record.

https://youtu.be/YFeZsWj9WFs?feature=shared

• Options

Yikes! Bills be like:

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

https://youtu.be/YFeZsWj9WFs?feature=shared

thanks for posting. That is crazy, I have never seen that clip before!! I really liked Welker. He tore my heart out in the second Giants SB, but he was fantastic for us

• Options

First missed field goal for buffalo this year - shades of the Browns game upset?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buffalo looks flat

• Options

They haven’t woke up since London. Only player open is Diggs. Wake up!

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2023 7:04PM

We are watching the Buffalo Bills implode. They are way overrated. This team had a good instant, but that moment has passed.

The Giants just blew it at the end of the half. Their coaching is atrocious.

If Buffalo manages to lose to these guys, they will be a third rate division champion.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    We are watching the Buffalo Bills implode. They are way overrated. This team had a good instant, but it has passed.

I won't be counting them out quite yet. Long season.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@BillJones said:
    We are watching the Buffalo Bills implode. They are way overrated. This team had a good instant, but it has passed.

I won't be counting them out quite yet. Long season.

They will win in a weak division, but there is no Super Bowl in this team’s future unless they wake up.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

I sure hope so. Now that Tommy has retired, Josh Allen is my favorite current player to watch. He is a monster.

Which monster?
    Bride of Frankenstein?

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:

@craig44 said:

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

Which monster?
    Bride of Frankenstein?

Settle down, @Darin . Mahomes is still the king of the league. 😜

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@Darin said:

@craig44 said:

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

Which monster?
    Bride of Frankenstein?

The Bills were extremely lucky to get the win.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

Did you mean 14?
    Numbers reversed. 🤔

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Darin said:

@craig44 said:

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

Which monster?
    Bride of Frankenstein?

The Bills were extremely lucky to get the win.

luck is the residue of design

😂

• Options

@Darin said:

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

Did you mean 14?
    Numbers reversed. 🤔

Very possible. Sort of creepy 👻

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@Darin said:

@2dueces said:

@craig44 said:

Did you mean 14?
    Numbers reversed. 🤔

Very possible. Sort of creepy 👻

Showtime- it’s the time of year for creepy things to happen.
    For me it was the teams I was rooting for kept missing field goals.
    Bills missed 2 and even hitting 1 of those would have been very important. SF missed one at the end which would have been a game winner and the Eagles missed one which would have been huge. 🎃🎃

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bills hung in there, I love when the G men lose 😄😄😄

• Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2023 5:06AM

@perkdog said:
    , I love when the G men lose 😄😄😄

The kind of post that requires perk to take you off his Christmas list.

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• Options

Not making excuses but going to London, playing a team that had been there for two weeks was certainly a disadvantage that the NFL experimented with. It was a 9:30 am EST game.
    Then the very next week playing a 7:15 pm game.
    The NFL is tough enough but there’s a rhythm for teams. Play at 1:00 pm most weeks. Like I said no excuses but it’s hard to get a routine. They go back to the regular schedule in Foxboro next week.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2023 5:15AM

@BillJones said:
    We are watching the Buffalo Bills implode. They are way overrated. This team had a good instant, but that moment has passed.

The Giants just blew it at the end of the half. Their coaching is atrocious.

If Buffalo manages to lose to these guys, they will be a third rate division champion.

Daboll knows Allen better than anyone else. He knows what he likes and called plays for him for 3 years. They were sluggish again but a W is a W. Good teams win games when they’re not at their best. I’d rather they struggle now and get on a roll starting week 13.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Buffalo gutted this one out. It is early still. they are a good team and will figure it out. Do not count them out at playoff time.

• Options

they have a cant lose game this Sunday. they will be 5-2 a week from now.

• Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

So who are the top 3 teams in the NFL right now ?

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex