The Official 2023 NFL Regular Season Discussion Thread

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good win for the Jags.

Did I speak too soon? Lol

Nope, good win for the Jags.

As a Patriots fan, I am now relegated to finding joy in our rivals losing.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the 2 week stay in Europe worked to the Jags advantage.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ofcourse the Bills played like the Jill's in London today

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

i cant believe the Bills lost today. crazy. how can you be so good one week and so not the next week?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

An interesting note though, I was surprised to see Allen so high up on the all time rushing TD list for quarterbacks. I think the graphic said he is third now.

@craig44 said:
    i cant believe the Bills lost today. crazy. how can you be so good one week and so not the next week?

That's the NFL for ya

The Bills have a tough time against the Jags for some reason

I am excited for the Boys to play the 49ers tonight.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Baltimore leads Pittsburgh 10 - 8, bottom of the 8th. Once again Pittsburgh Defense is keeping things close enough to win.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

the biggest question of the day is whether Taylor Swift will show up at the game today. I am just pacing with anticipation.

Pittsburgh comes back to take the lead 14 - 10. After the Steelers looked like crap last week and the Ravens looked so good.

Kelce goes down without being touched. Looks to be in some pain on the sideline.

edited October 8, 2023 3:37PM

I really would like to know how the Jags got to stay in London for 2 weeks when usually the teams that play there each go over to be there at the same time. This allowed the Jags extra time, one week more, to acclimate to the time change, which is 5 hours. Definitely a disadvantage for the Bills. To the best of my knowledge this was a first for this scenario.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m fairly happy with the Chiefs performance today. Mahomes cleaned up the mistakes of last week and played much better.
    Vikings turned the ball over twice which was a huge factor in a 7 point win for KC

SF looks unstopable so far.......up 14 - 0

If CMC can stay healthy, SF will be very difficult to beat.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sunday October 8th, 2023
    Texas Rangers 11
    Dallas Cowboys 10

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

SF vs CLEVELAND this Sunday. The only question is, how many points will the 49ers score?

So far Watson still on the Browns Questionable list for Sunday against the 49ers and did not practice this afternoon. Stefanski would not give the Cleveland media any updates or information today.

@Steven59 said:
    So far Watson still on the Browns Questionable list for Sunday against the 49ers and did not practice this afternoon. Stefanski would not give the Cleveland media any updates or information today.

40 million to be on the bench against a top tier opponent

@Steven59 said:
    SF vs CLEVELAND this Sunday. The only question is, how many points will the 49ers score?

How many points will the patriots score?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:

@Steven59 said:

Points? What are those?

@2dueces said:

@Steven59 said:

zero

Watson still not practicing. He also declined to talk to the media this afternoon. No word from Stafanski either.

my goodness russell wilson is bad. and the broncos for that matter.

it makes you wonder, was it peyton or brees?

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

@Steven59 said:

Points? What are those?

This season, the Patriots are recording the number of tackles and the amount of yardage gained between the two 20 yard lines. Maybe they can use that big Jumbotron, which causes field goal attempts to fail, to record those stats for fans instead of the score, which perpetually zero.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

The Chiefs defense along with kicker Harrison Butker won the game for the Chiefs. Previous to this game Russell Wilson’s numbers weren’t too bad in spite of the broncos losing record. But last night the chiefs D locked him down, less than 100 yards passing and a good pass rush throughout the game.
    The KC offense was good except for finishing drives. One of the problems is for some reason on third down and short they make the idiotic decision to put Kadarious Toney or a tight end at QB instead of the 2 time MVP that plays that position for them.
    I think mahomes and his young receivers are getting more in sync as the season goes on. Rashee Rice was very good and Skyy Moore had some big catches.

Is it me or is there less interest and activity for NFL football on the boards lately? Is it the unfortunate seasons of fan favorites? New England? Is it because some fans realize the season is over for them already?
    I myself realize the Bills season was over already. No not because they are 3-2. Because Tre White and Matt Milano are lost for the season and the turf in London claimed 3 more defenders that will have year long nagging injuries. But my interest will never be higher even though my expectations aren’t what they once were. I’m not throwing in the towel but to win a Super Bowl you’ve got to stay healthy. With an exciting offense they’ll still be a team to watch, just not capable of beating a healthy 49ers team.

So what’s the problem here? Less posters? Too many young soccer moms.., er fans? Too soon to get excited or too late because your team sucks?

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:
    Is it me or is there less interest and activity for NFL football on the boards lately? Is it the unfortunate seasons of fan favorites? New England? Is it because some fans realize the season is over for them already?
    I myself realize the Bills season was over already. No not because they are 3-2. Because Tre White and Matt Milano are lost for the season and the turf in London claimed 3 more defenders that will have year long nagging injuries. But my interest will never be higher even though my expectations aren’t what they once were. I’m not throwing in the towel but to win a Super Bowl you’ve got to stay healthy. With an exciting offense they’ll still be a team to watch, just not capable of beating a healthy 49ers team.

So what’s the problem here? Less posters? Too many young soccer moms.., er fans? Too soon to get excited or too late because your team sucks?

I can only speak for myself. Certainly the calamity known as the Patriots has played into my lessened enthusiasm. I had some health things going on, which I did share with a couple of people, and that was really happening during the ramp up time to the season. That took a toll. I've been taking it easy, but ...you are right, maybe there is less. I don't know.

Maybe I'll try to think of some ways to make this place more...🤷🤣

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭✭

> @2dueces said:

Probably a combination of everything. Its early for most teams and there seem to be a lot of NE sports fans on the board. Aside from when to fire Belli theres not really much to talk about with them, its just a bad offensive roster.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

I am a big NE fan, but their retched season has not lessened my love for the NFL. there are tons of story lines that interest me.

I think that the loss of Aaron Rodgers has impacted some of the talk.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

a couple of factors off the top of my head

no tom brady

no fire hydrant

this time last year we had already seen 20 pictures of a charcoaled rattler and 50 of his nasty sister-in-law

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:

no tom brady

no fire hydrant

this time last year we had already seen 20 pictures of a charcoaled rattler and 50 of his nasty sister-in-law

Did Hydrant finally go over the top and get bammed?

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:

@galaxy27 said:

no tom brady

no fire hydrant

Did Hydrant finally go over the top and get bammed?

a while ago, via the us coin section

@2dueces I know you said above that your team is out of it, but I don't see it that way. Though I know a couple years ago the Bills had what seemed like a juggernaut and a full head of steam going, and along with that there was a lot of hype here. So maybe there is an inclination to not want to put the cart in front of the bill, so to speak. Anyway...

This place means a lot to me, and if I was being honest with myself, I probably get back more than I put in. I have a tendency to be a bit long-winded. When I'm not long-winded I'm sometimes too stoic. There's a sweet spot in sure ...

I haven’t noticed anything different. I have a conversation with myself after Chiefs games just like in past football seasons here. 🤔

@Darin said:
    I haven’t noticed anything different. I have a conversation with myself after Chiefs games just like in past football seasons here. 🤔

And speaking for you, you sure are getting tired of my dim witted comments after the games. At least they’re original thoughts unlike you who just copies whatever I say 😡🤬

I retain basically the same interest as I always have for the game. All the parts are interchangeable but the game goes on. Aside from the soap opera type stories and the "Swift current" of reporting related to Kelce, I still find enough of the game to invest my time. Granted there have been some dud matchups. But each year there usually are. Always interesting to see where all the teams wind up in the end.

@thisistheshow said:
    @2dueces I know you said above that your team is out of it, but I don't see it that way. Though I know a couple years ago the Bills had what seemed like a juggernaut and a full head of steam going, and along with that there was a lot of hype here. So maybe there is an inclination to not want to put the cart in front of the bill, so to speak. Anyway...

This place means a lot to me, and if I was being honest with myself, I probably get back more than I put in. I have a tendency to be a bit long-winded. When I'm not long-winded I'm sometimes too stoic. There's a sweet spot in sure ...

Never say never but being a Bills fan since 63 has made me realize they are a snake bit franchise. Still love my Bills though.
    Believe!!!

W.C.Fields

more weird morning football today!

• ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭

E-A-G-L-E-S

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

I can only speak for myself. Certainly the calamity known as the Patriots has played into my lessened enthusiasm. I had some health things going on, which I did share with a couple of people, and that was really happening during the ramp up time to the season. That took a toll. I've been taking it easy, but ...you are right, maybe there is less. I don't know.

Maybe I'll try to think of some ways to make this place more...🤷🤣

Since there are three teams for me, the Bucks, Eagles and Patriots, usually one of them is doing something good. The Patriots are dead, but the Bucks have surprised everyone and Eagles are chugging along. Add to that my dislike for the Cowboys and Giants (The Giants are having a great year!) and the season is cooking. 🥘

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Tannihill sucks

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:
    Tannihill sucks

yes sir, I think the game has past him by.

derek henry with a bounce back game. over 100 yards

edited October 15, 2023 9:14AM

I don't have much faith in the Ravens, even if they end up winning today.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

For me, the NBA preseason started this week that included 3 Celtics games so I've been elsewhere commenting about that.

As for the Pats sucking,we all knew that was the case before the games even started so I don't see how the games have played out has changed anything. Seeing 3 of their top 4 DBS get put on IR along with their best defensive player in Matt Judon has really hurt their best unit,the defense.

Although none of this is related to some of us Pats fans commenting less, maybe you just miss us? 😎

Folk made his 70th straight FG under 40 yards. Did I hear that right? Why did BB let him go. Please explain wasting a draft choice on a kicker. Contract? Money. Stubborn?

W.C.Fields

Folk is very good at short range, not a strong leg though. not the guy you want if you need a 50+ yarder at the end of the game