@galaxy27 said:
    both of these teams are 2-1, but that's where the comparisons end

the Lions are light years better than the Packers

they may win 70-20

You took the pack in the picks contest...are you tanking? 🀣

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces

Great pic of you and your beautiful wife!

Happy Anniversary 🍾

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces
    I hope you had a great anniversary!!

PS. you chose a great day. The same day I was born!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@galaxy27 said:
    both of these teams are 2-1, but that's where the comparisons end

the Lions are light years better than the Packers

they may win 70-20

You took the pack in the picks contest...are you tanking? 🀣

nope just a moron

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

ESPN power rankings after 3 games:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38491717/nfl-week-4-power-rankings-poll-2023-plus-biggest-issues-offense

Purdy good rank for the Niners...............

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best QB drafted in 2023 so far? Looking like the Tejanos got the best with Stroud. I was thrilled when Carolina took Young, leaving the door open for Houston to get Stroud. Looks like the right move 3 games in, we will see.............

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38491717/nfl-week-4-power-rankings-poll-2023-plus-biggest-issues-offense

Purdy is a very good story. And seems to be much more than a one year wonder. I could see the Niners making it to the SB this year.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Deshaun Watson still listed as questionable for Sunday with a sore shoulder.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    @2dueces
    I hope you had a great anniversary!!

PS. you chose a great day. The same day I was born!!

Happy birthday 🎈🎁🎊

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:
    Best QB drafted in 2023 so far? Looking like the Tejanos got the best with Stroud. I was thrilled when Carolina took Young, leaving the door open for Houston to get Stroud. Looks like the right move 3 games in, we will see.............

The Texans were a much better spot to be going to. Aside from an injury, the Panthers traded away their best WR and multiple picks to trade up for Young. I dont really understand why Young is starting this year when they know they have no chance. Sit him for a year try and get something more around him and then go for it. Winning 0 games is better than winning 5 games

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@spacehayduke said:

Purdy is a very good story. And seems to be much more than a one year wonder. I could see the Niners making it to the SB this year.

Brock has turned into a gangsta. (NSFW- swearing)
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxjKcHzSlyR/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last week’s Game of the Week, the Chiefs vs. the Bears, was a disaster. It was so bad the network cut away to something else.

This week it’s the New England Hooties vs. the Dallas Cowboys in Dallas. I smell a blowout, and it won’t be another notch in Coach Hoodie’s gun to catch Don Schula.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

This is something I never do. I never predict an embarrassment in the NFL.
    Buffalo is tired of hearing about the 70 burger Miami scored on a hapless Denver team. They’ve been hearing is this the greatest offense of all time? Well Buffalo is pretty darn good. I’d feel much better about this if Poyer was playing but I’m going ahead.
    Buffalo beats Miami today and all the talk is silenced. 34-17

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Denver making the Bears look like Miami again. πŸ˜‚

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    This is something I never do. I never predict an embarrassment in the NFL.
    Buffalo is tired of hearing about the 70 burger Miami scored on a hapless Denver team. They’ve been hearing is this the greatest offense of all time? Well Buffalo is pretty darn good. I’d feel much better about this if Poyer was playing but I’m going ahead.
    Buffalo beats Miami today and all the talk is silenced. 34-17

Did I say at halftime? 😳

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Maybe I was one year too early predicting the Bengals would miss the playoffs

W.C.Fields
  • Options

UGLY Browns game today - good thing they have a bye week coming up to heal a bit.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2023 1:21PM

The Commanders with a TD as time expired then hit the XP to go to OT.

• Options
    edited October 1, 2023 3:38PM

Sorry @perkdog the Patriots are just plain bad.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@erikthredd said:

They played the Eagles really tough on the road. I think defenses have figured out Philly this year. Not going to be running over anybody

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Mack 6 sacks already with 8 minutes to play

W.C.Fields
  • Options

boy oh boy did New England get rolled today. ugh

• Options

christian mccaffrey is having a fantastic season so far. if he can stay healthy, he could be MVP. 4 TD today.

• Options

i wonder how badly the chiefs are going to roll NY tonight. I think it will be ugly

• Options

Don't drink a shot everytime the network shows Taylor Swift during the Chiefs - Jets tonight - Ya won't make it to halftime and remember anything!

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

They played the Eagles really tough on the road. I think defenses have figured out Philly this year. Not going to be running over anybody

I wouldnt say giving up 31 in regulation is figuring the other teams offense out. Phillys defense had a let down but the offense looked fine

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

I wouldnt say giving up 31 in regulation is figuring the other teams offense out. Phillys defense had a let down but the offense looked fine

NFC East games can be tough regardless of how good each team is.

• Options

what in the heck is going on at the jets game tonight? is that really zach wilson running an offense? tied game?

• Options

It's not always easy to win, even when you play the Jets. The Chiefs didn't play their best, and there will be lots of talk about the interception that was cancelled by a flag.

• Options

yeah, I am not sure what universe I am living in where the Jets almost beat the Chiefs and Zach Wilson outplayed Patrick Mahomes. weirdness.

• Options
    edited October 2, 2023 10:17AM

@craig44 said:
    yeah, I am not sure what universe I am living in where the Jets almost beat the Chiefs and Zach Wilson outplayed Patrick Mahomes. weirdness.

The Chiefs flat out didn't want to to cover the millions of dollars worth of wagers on Chiefs -8.5 or 9

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Taylor swift crap needs to stop. Word is chiefs players are handing out friendship bracelets.
    Next thing they will all be driving pink mini coopers and dressing up as French maids and having tickle parties and pillow fights in the locker room. Bunch of weirdos.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

The Chiefs flat out didn't want to to cover the millions of dollars worth of wagers on Chiefs -8.5 or 9

Perk- mahomes sucked last night but he plays to win not to cover spreads

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:
    The Taylor swift crap needs to stop. Word is chiefs players are handing out friendship bracelets.
    Next thing they will all be driving pink mini coopers and dressing up as French maids and having tickle parties and pillow fights in the locker room. Bunch of weirdos.

I can deal with the rest of it, but I draw the line at tickle parties.

Absolutely NO tickle parties!!!

I forbid it

• Options

@craig44 said:

@Darin said:

I can deal with the rest of it, but I draw the line at tickle parties.

Absolutely NO tickle parties!!!

I forbid it

The NFL has adopted an any attention is good attention. I strongly disagree.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@Darin said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

Iirc, Brady and the Pats, despite winning so much, were not great again at the spread. At least I heard that often enough. Maybe you guys can confirm or deny.

Mahomes and the Chiefs win in the same way.

• Options

Anybody else watching this horrible NFL game tonight? Or just can't get away from Taylor Swift?

• Options

You're right, back to Taylor Swift memes........... Taylor be gonna getting her bird legs broke she keep messin' round wit da Chiefs!

• Options

Just wondering - is Daniel Jones and Mac Jones twins? B)

• Options

@Steven59 said:

Brothers from a different mother...at the very least.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mets, Yankees, Jets, Giants …. New York professional sports is a disaster this year.

Some much money spent on salaries and nothing to show for it.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Giants faced a gauntlet to start the season
    Dallas
    San Francisco
    Seattle
    Buffalo
    Miami

First 4 division winners and 5 playoff teams in the first 7. Ugh

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2023 4:37AM

@Darin said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

Agreed

I just don't understand why they took the foot off the gas pedal after 17-0. Also why didn't Mahomes score on that play before taking the knee? It would have put the game out of reach, imagine taking a knee and fumbling the snap?

Ot saying it's true or whatever but my buddies were saying they heard they didn't want a blow out because they want the Taylor Swift crowd for the second half.

Either way who would have thought that Taylor Swift would be such a talked about thing this season lol

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    You're right, back to Taylor Swift memes........... Taylor be gonna getting her bird legs broke she keep messin' round wit da Chiefs!

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

• Options

And just incase anyone needs a reminder, the G Men are an awful football team.

Its absolutely hilarious they spent all that money on Daniel Jones πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

• Options

@Steven59 said:

I have a strong feeling they may actually be the same person.

I mean, has anyone ever actually seen them together in the same room??

• Options

I'm feeling the pressure in the picks contest. πŸ€―πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

Insanity

• Options

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

Insanity

I just saw this. what is happening here.