Home Sports Talk

The Official 2023 NFL Regular Season Discussion Thread

Comments

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

So before the season Sean Payton said the prior broncos coach probably did the worst coaching job in nfl history. I didn’t like the arrogance at all when he said that.
    Flash forward to today and Denver is 0-2 and just blew a 21-3 lead against Washington.
    So……… uh you’re doing a great job Sean keep up the good work. 😛🤭

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Looks like Josh Allen is alright after all.
    31-37 274 3 and zero turnovers
    Jets just have his #

Josh is a great QB. he will be just fine

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Didn’t like Chris jones holding out and not honoring the final year of his contract. But he was huge in kc’s 17-9 win against the jags. He was in great shape and didn’t wear out in the 90 degree heat. Made several big plays.
    The best I’ve seen a chiefs defense in a long time. 3 field goals given up and one was on a punt kc fumbled at their own 13 yard line and another was after the jags had first and goal at the one yard line and the chiefs held.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate to have to do this but, Broncos country, let's ride.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn, What happened to "No East coast team can win in Denver because of the elevation and will have a hard time breathing" - Oh yeah, Russel Wilson happened.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Did somebodey say NFL games aren't "fixed"?

"Los Angeles Rams kick meaningless field goal to cover spread in 30-23 loss to 49ers. The Los Angeles Rams made underdog bettors extremely happy on Sunday. Brett Maher kicked a 38-yard field goal as time expired in a 30-23 home loss to the San Francisco 49ers."

OH NO! Nick Chub horrible injury - they won't even show it

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2023 6:22PM

the Browns had 3rd and 1. they tried a play action pass(!). incomplete. 4th and 1 they tried an option play(!!), fumbled, and Pittsburgh recovered.

still in utter disbelief that there are head coaches with functioning brains who do something other than sneak in that situation. and Stefanski did it twice in a row(!!!).

when i see a team do that, i immediately hope they lose based on principle alone. GO STEELERS.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    OH NO! Nick Chub horrible injury - they won't even show it

Oh my gosh, i hadnt seen that angle of the injury. That is ugly.

Looks like Deshaun Watson was Pittsburghs best player last night!

"After a partial holdout that had left Kareem Hunt sidelined during team drills, the Cleveland Browns running back is back participating in Berea today. Hunt was holding out in hope of a new contract, perhaps something was worked out, or he’s just going to ride it out this season."

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

Hard to believe how slow he was. Slow afoot. Slow to figure out what to do. Indecisive. Leave him on the bench, put in the 2nd team QB as a game manager and the Browns win.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

@Brick said:
    Hard to believe how slow he was. Slow afoot. Slow to figure out what to do. Indecisive. Leave him on the bench, put in the 2nd team QB as a game manager and the Browns win.

Must have been a late night for massages............He lookid like he was sleeping on the Browns bench during pregame!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@Brick said:

Must have been a late night for massages............He lookid like he was sleeping on the Browns bench during pregame!

So much about professional sports (which yes, I profess to enjoy) is just one embarrassment after another. The behavior. The contracts. Etc. Etc.

...but, let's revisit this, just a little...

The Brown traded THREE first round picks for Deshaun Watson. Then...gave Watson a fully guaranteed 5 year contract worth 230 million dollars.

I just noticed Stephen a. Smith is saying the chargers should fire Brandon Staley. Geez Stephen what took you so long I was saying that 2 years ago. I pointed out in the past the terrible decisions he made that cost his team wins.
    That being said the chargers-Vikings game is a must win for the chargers.
    If they lose they drop to 0-3 and two of their next three games are against Dallas and kc so they could easily be 1-5 after 6 games and would take a huge turnaround to make the playoffs.
    So go Vikings and Brandon you just keep being you so the Chiefs don’t have to worry about your team.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brick said:

@Steven59 said:

Agreed. He clearly not the same athlete he was 3 years ago.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

The "Red Rifle" is back...................

"Veteran quarterback Andy Dalton is set to start in place of Young this Sunday".

@Steven59 said:
    The "Red Rifle" is back...................

"Veteran quarterback Andy Dalton is set to start in place of Young this Sunday".

@doubledragon this could turn into something...

@2dueces said:

@Brick said:

@Steven59 said:

at this point, it cannot be brushed aside as rust. the rust should have come off last season. He is slow, both physically and mentally at this point.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@2dueces said:

@Brick said:

@Steven59 said:

at this point, it cannot be brushed aside as rust. the rust should have come off last season. He is slow, both physically and mentally at this point.

He signed that ridiculous contract so I'm sure he doesn't really care all that much

Doctors say Nick Chubb has only a torn MCL, out 6 to 8 months.

extreme fraud alert

JACKSONVILLE ⚠️

@galaxy27 said:
    extreme fraud alert

JACKSONVILLE ⚠️

FIXED :D

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

Miami with 56 on the board and about 14mins still left in the game. Let's see them go for 70!

All righty now - Browns fair weather fans are back to shouting "SUPER BOWL". Watson 27/33 for 289 and 2 TDs. 27-3 Browns.

@erikthredd said:

Miami with 56 on the board and about 14mins still left in the game. Let's see them go for 70!

ask and ye shall receive

• RiveraFamilyCollectRiveraFamilyCollect Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2023 1:09PM

Dolphins are 3 pts away from setting an all time high score for a single game. They have 70 pts, the record is 72. 8 minutes left

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

@galaxy27 said:

@erikthredd said:

ask and ye shall receive

Thank God the Fins didn't put that up against the Pats last week lol. At this point the Denver offense should be thinking about running out that final 4mins and getting the hell out of there.

Crazy 70pts and 674 total yards and the game isn't over yet.

So up 50pts with 2mins to go inside the Denver's 20,if Miami throws to the endzone here do we see a fight?

Jimmy Johnson agrees with me, Brandon Staley is as dumb as a box of rocks.
    Stupid Staley is up 4 points, less than two minutes to play, he has fourth and 1 at his own 24 yard line, goes for it and doesn’t make it.
    Kind of good for chiefs fans like me that the Vikings couldn’t convert so maybe Stupid Staley keeps his job instead of being fired on the spot.
    Johnson and Strahan blasted him for the decision to go for it.

Russell Wilson tomorrow morning.

@Darin said:
    Stupid Staley is up 4 points, less than two minutes to play, he has fourth and 1 at his own 24 yard line, goes for it and doesn’t make it.
    Kind of good for chiefs fans like me that the Vikings couldn’t convert so maybe Stupid Staley keeps his job instead of being fired on the spot.

I hope you saw the tail end of that game. the Vikings offense made Staley look like Isaac Newton with what they did

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin said:

I hope you saw the tail end of that game. the Vikings offense made Staley look like Isaac Newton with what they did

Yes there’s already a ‘clock the ball’ thread I commented in. 😱
    Yes just clock the ball so you’re not rushed.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t believe how disorganized the Vikings were at the end of their game. With 12 seconds left and no time outs, they are standing around looking like herd of lost sheep. Cousins tosses a tipped pass for an interception. Game over.

Cousins might soon become the next Russel Wilson, although he never has been as good as Wilson was in his prime.

Of course the Chargers coach wasn’t much better. He went for a fourth down play and failed giving the Vikings a short field. Why didn’t he punt?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    I just noticed Stephen a. Smith is saying the chargers should fire Brandon Staley. Geez Stephen what took you so long I was saying that 2 years ago. I pointed out in the past the terrible decisions he made that cost his team wins.
    If they lose they drop to 0-3 and two of their next three games are against Dallas and kc so they could easily be 1-5 after 6 games and would take a huge turnaround to make the playoffs.
    So go Vikings and Brandon you just keep being you so the Chiefs don’t have to worry about your team.

Steven A also said Othani > @Darin said:

He may not be the best coach and Chargers coaches have been on the hot seat for like 20 years now, but if you cant get 1 yard you really dont deserve to win even though they did. 4th and 1 should be an automatic go for it every time which the charts say to do even if it is aggressive that far back

Missouri 14 OSU 3

edited September 24, 2023 2:36PM

the big, bad, vaunted Dallas Cowboys defense has given up almost 200 rushing yards to Arizona Community College in the first half alone

How bout dem Bears!

I hate our idiot tackle juwan Taylor or whatever his name is. If you don’t know him, he’s the tackle for kc who keeps lining up in the backfield and getting called for illegal formation.

Mahomes hits a wide open scantling for a TD and our brain dead tackle gets flagged for probably the 6th time this year.
    Very next play, a player hits mahomes and Patrick rolls his ankle.

We should have been OFF THE FIELD with a TD. 😡🤬😡🤬😠😤🤬😡

@Basebal21 said:

@Darin said:

Steven A also said Othani > @Darin said:

He may not be the best coach and Chargers coaches have been on the hot seat for like 20 years now, but if you cant get 1 yard you really dont deserve to win even though they did. 4th and 1 should be an automatic go for it every time which the charts say to do even if it is aggressive that far back

Wrong!
    The vikes were out of timeouts, needed a TD to win and under 2 minutes. You punt and trust your defense.
    Now I know you never think you’re wrong but trust me on this one. If not me then trust jimmy johnson who has won more Super Bowls than you. He said it was really dumb.

would just like to point out that not only are the Cowboys about to lose to one of the worst teams in the NFL, but they are about to lose to a team that, prior to today, had lost 14 out of its last 15 homes games

@galaxy27 said:
    would just like to point out that not only are the Cowboys about to lose to one of the worst teams in the NFL, but they are about to lose to a team that, prior to today, had lost 14 out of its last 15 homes games

Like they say, if you didn't like today's performance, you just don't like Cowboys football.

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    I hate our idiot tackle juwan Taylor or whatever his name is. If you don’t know him, he’s the tackle for kc who keeps lining up in the backfield and getting called for illegal formation.

And that's with the referees deciding to not call it at all in the first week despite him doing it on every single play.

Meanwhile…………
    Broncos management is in a closed door session discussing whether they should offer last year’s head coach his job back.
    The consensus seems to be that yes, he sucked but at least his team never got 70 hung on them.
    Then they gave an atomic wedgie to the exec who recommended bringing in Sean Payton and dared him to go slap Payton on the face or he was fired.
    Yes they seem to have kind of a childish approach to running an nfl team and it is turning into a problem. 😮

It would make my season if the bears could just somehow beat the broncos next week and I could continue my anti Payton public service announcement.
    Please bears just get it done! 🥳🥳

I wouldn’t mind seeing Tua win the MVP this year and not suffer anymore concussions. Tough kid off to a great start.
    As long as they don’t win the AFC championship. 😁

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Russell Wilson tomorrow morning.

I see Sean Payton will be the manager at that Walmart. Between the two of them they may lose 70 shopping carts.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".