Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE) Currently unavailable

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 14, 2019 11:19PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Well, the details on the S-Mint ASE ERP (American Silver Eagle, Enhanced Reverse Proof... There's a mouthful) has been released. Hmmmm....

American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE)

Mintage Limit: 30,000

Product Limit: 30,000
Household Order Limit: 1

Price has been set at $65.95, $10 more than the proof.
The product number 19XE suggests this will be a one year release as a special Mint product.

From the Mint's description:

The 2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin is the perfect gift for any occasion or addition to any collection.

Ha! At a mintage of 30K, not many of these'll be given away as gifts... ;)

I was hoping for a 50K mintage, but at 30K? That's a whole new ballgame. A pretty quick sellout. The 2017-S proof (with a mintage of 75K (congrats set, not mentioning the 50K later in the LESPS) sold out in 3 minutes with a HHL of 10. At 30K and HHL of 1, we're still probably looking at what a 10 minute sellout? This'll be fun...

I'll be in for one... :D

Comments

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

(reserved)

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

30 second sell out, they should have waited till 2020, a radar ASE, jmo.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

@ernie11, the odds of not getting through are greater than obtaining one. It's gonna be a cluster !@#$

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    @ernie11, the odds of not getting through are greater than obtaining one. It's gonna be a cluster !@#$

Agreed. I was pretty furious when I missed getting the 2017-S two years ago. Missing this one means I pack it in on collecting ASE's and sell off the set. I'm tired of gratuitous issues from the Mint in this area - I can see 2 or 3 items per year, but >> 6 << in a year that is not even an anniversary of the series?!

Years ago as a stamp collector I stopped ordering every new stamp from the Postal Service due to their unjustified flood of new issues. Same problem here.

@ernie11 said:
    Agreed. I was pretty furious when I missed getting the 2017-S two years ago. Missing this one means I pack it in on collecting ASE's and sell off the set.

How could you miss 2017-S? The congrats set sold out quickly (a HHL of 10 was probably a bit excessive), but the LESP set was available for over a day, from a Friday to the following Saturday afternoon. Anyone who wanted one could have gotten one.

Yeah, you had to buy the other silver coins and the stupid premium the LESP comes with, but I believe it was still cheaper than the going price for the Congrats Set at the time...

I'm tired of gratuitous issues from the Mint in this area - I can see 2 or 3 items per year, but >> 6 << in a year that is not even an anniversary of the series?!

6 ASE's? Are you counting bullion? Proof, Uncirc and ERP from W-Mint, the proof and ERP from S-Mint is five. Did I miss one?

Anyway, two of those are directly attributable to Ryder. (Both ERP's.) It may only get worse.

Personally, I'm (now) looking forward to this coin. (I was skeptical even a couple of days ago...) It might even make the 95-W a bit more affordable, since this coin will undercut it by a couple hundred...

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

This will be fun! Good way to make me change some holiday spending... ;)

Going for one; and will see what happens later.

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

This will be the lowest mintage silver eagle—unseating the 1995-w proof

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

This will be a PR disaster....as was mentioned even 50k would be a fiasco but THAT would last at least a minute

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

In this case 30k is do able at this price ( unlike a $2k Palladium) I'll be at the keyboard refreshing at noon. Thanks.

edited October 10, 2019 7:49AM

Did a bit of thinking... plan is to get more one and then some more for gifts+.

This’ll make it more fun. ;):)

@BigA said:
    This will be a PR disaster....as was mentioned even 50k would be a fiasco but THAT would last at least a minute

Ryder knows what a 30K mintage is going to do.

But that's what going to make this fun! ;)

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:
    Did a bit of thinking... plan is to get more one and then some more for gifts+.

This’ll make it more fun. ;):)

You better start working on your mouse speed. It's going to be a matter of minutes

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019 8:20AM

@morgansforever said:
    they should have waited till 2020, a radar ASE.

2020 will be a repeater year. 2002 was a radar year. ;)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019 8:27AM

Well that mintage certainly makes it interesting...they better have enhanced phone/internet service that day... ;) Cheers, RickO

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

if I miss out on getting this coin, I'm never buying another silver eagle from the Mint again.

In 1995, I sold off my Silver Eagles because of the 1995-W cluster---- by Philip Diehl. I didn't buy another until 2006, and I own exactly zero of them now, except for bullion.

I might try and get one of these to resell for fun, but I'd be damned if I'll ever collect them again.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bravo! I'm so tired of all the excessively high mintages for most products. Low mintage = greater collector appeal. I'm in!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

@Akbeez said:
    Bravo! I'm so tired of all the excessively high mintages for most products. Low mintage = greater collector appeal. I'm in!

Well, unless you can't get in. Then you are shut out!

• MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

Is there a difference between this and the eagle in the pride of nations set? Other than the mintmark

@MACGE1 said:
    Is there a difference between this and the eagle in the pride of nations set? Other than the mintmark

no

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

I think the mintmark would make a tad of a difference....

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any guesses on what the dealers are going to offer for them on the BST?

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:
    30,000, huh? This may be a PR disaster ahead for the Mint. I just e-mailed a comment to the Mint's customer service at usmint-support@usmcatalog.com:

"Dear Customer Service,

I am writing to comment about your newly-announced American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin, to go on sale on November 14. The 30,000 mintage limit is way too small for all of the people who will want this coin. I fear that I will be on your website that day and try to order one, and yet still get shut out because of the expected heavy volume of orders. Please consider upping the production on this issue to a more reasonable number, like 100,000. Honestly, if I miss out on getting this coin, I'm never buying another silver eagle from the Mint again."

The response I got:

"We are in receipt of your correspondence and apologize for any inconvenience experienced.

Please be advised that your complaint regarding the mintage limit associated with the 2019 American Eagle 1oz Silver Reverse Proof Coin (item number 19XE) has been forwarded on to upper management for your voice to be heard. We value the opinions of our customers and want to ensure that each customer receives the best experience possible with the United States Mint.

If you have any further questions, you may contact us seven (7) days a week from 8:00 AM to 12:00 midnight Eastern Time. Hearing and speech impaired customers with TTY equipment can reach us Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time or by visiting us online at www.usmint.gov. To contact us by email, please reply to this correspondence or send an email to usmint-support@usmcatalog.com.

Thank you for your support of the United States Mint.

United States Mint
    Customer Service Center"

@ricko said:
    Well that mintage certainly makes it interesting...they better have enhanced phone/internet service that day... ;) Cheers, RickO

From what I understand, PFSWeb has a dynamic server farm, so can dedicate more transaction computing when needed.

The early problems was actually the CC lookup, but it seems that's been solved as well.

It'll be interesting to see how well it all works when this coin hits the fan... :D

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019 1:47PM

It's going to be fun. At least for those that can get in in time.

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up @BackroadJunkie

I was able to snag the reverse proof prez bucks with the crazy low mintage's a few years back...I guess I'll try my luck with a shot at this one. Hope the sun is on my back when ready for the draw...

edited October 10, 2019 3:58PM

@MilesWaits said:
    Any guesses on what the dealers are going to offer for them on the BST?

Willing to pay $131.90 for anyone that wants to lock up my price. Double your money with a click of a mouse :)

@JBK said:

@morgansforever said:
    they should have waited till 2020, a radar ASE.

2020 will be a repeater year. 2002 was a radar year. ;)

Alright, alright a repeater it is :)

Unavailable is probable.

Actual “sold out” will take awhile.

Need to set the alarms for the 15th and onward, too! :D:)

@jwitten said:
    This will be fun. I like when the mint gives us these chances to actually make a flip.

Not flipping, this is for my collection. It will make my OCD feel much better for not having the 95-W. :D

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019 11:38PM

I wonder how this will effect the 1995 w? Might be too late to increase the mintage by complaining. Could it possibly appear in another offering?

@pf70collector said:
    I wonder how this will effect the 1995 w? Might be too late to increase the mintage by complaining. Could it possibly appear in another offering?

I think the 95-W will come down in price, but I don't expect prices to crash, either. It's still a rare coin (for an ASE.) Yeah, sucks for those who have the 95-W and never thought an ASE mintage would get lower (though the 08/07rev came close), but perhaps makes things hopeful for those who don't have one.

They've already established the Mintage. I really don't think they're going to change it (and that includes having it in another set), since Ryder wants to serve up some hype. This really isn't any different than putting W quarters into circulation. He's fine with making rarities. If anything (and it's really too late in the year to pull another one of these off), he'd probably do a P or D mint.

And honestly, the strike a gazillion so everyone can get one becomes... boring, when you have to wait months for something to sell out. :wink:

I mean, it could be worse. If he did what Diehl did, you'd have to buy $3500 in gold proofs (current price) to get the coin. Heh...

The best way to create excitement and continue to sell product is to have a “mystery” mintage cutoff—-say “NO more than 100,000” then go dark at 30,000 or 50,000.
    Discourages the flip but keeps interest

Or “reveal” the mintage 15 mins into the sale.....

@7over8 said:

That really wouldn't work at all. It would simply create immediate order cancellations. The same with your "mystery" mintage cutoff.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2019 5:08AM

Stay tuned for the 20,000 mintage special issues next year.

Trust me on this. These people are pathological. They simply can't help themselves.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@jmlanzaf said:

@7over8 said:

That really wouldn't work at all. It would simply create immediate order cancellations. The same with your "mystery" mintage cutoff.

We are all out of options—so How about the option mentioned with no cancellations (final sale)
    That’ll make things interesting......

Don’t knock it till you try it 😀

Also a lottery system could be used
    One entry for each subscriber on the Mint mailing list
    Enhanced by when you are alerted by email, you have 24 hours to purchase—no cancellations no refunds
    You could even reward subscribers on the mailing list by getting additional entries for your length of time being a customer....I.e. 5 yrs - 1 addtl entry; 10 years - another entry; 15 years +1; with a maximum of 5 entries per subscriber to the list

Haha-lol
    The USM has to try different methods

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:
    30,000, huh? This may be a PR disaster ahead for the Mint. I just e-mailed a comment to the Mint's customer service at usmint-support@usmcatalog.com:

"Dear Customer Service,

I am writing to comment about your newly-announced American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin, to go on sale on November 14. The 30,000 mintage limit is way too small for all of the people who will want this coin. I fear that I will be on your website that day and try to order one, and yet still get shut out because of the expected heavy volume of orders. Please consider upping the production on this issue to a more reasonable number, like 100,000. Honestly, if I miss out on getting this coin, I'm never buying another silver eagle from the Mint again."

In case you are not aware...US Mint issued prices in the secondary market are a key factor in the retaining value of that issue, and that issue is driven by speculators. If you have no objection in the item remaining stagnant, than I would agree with the higher mintage's. Most collectors at one point in their life, would like a profit when eliminating their collection, myself included. Just remember, "you can't take it with you." With a household limit of one and 30k minted, you should have no problem, if you don't snooze, in ordering your item when it becomes available.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Coin World checks in....
    San Francisco Mint striking Enhanced Reverse Proof silver American Eagle

Amazing they don't comment on the mintage...

• SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 465 ✭✭✭

3rd paragraph...

"The product is being limited to a maximum issue of 30,000 coins, with a household ordering limit of one."

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang! Looks like I will miss the frenzy. I'll be somewhere on the Danube river between Bucharest and Budapest. There is Wifi on board, but if past connection speed is any indicator, I'd just be wasting my time...

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the chances of getting one of these are probably about 50 percent, unless the web sight can't handle the volume, then the chances go down below 50 percent

@Sweetpie said:
    3rd paragraph...

"The product is being limited to a maximum issue of 30,000 coins, with a household ordering limit of one."

What I meant was mintage it's going to be lower than the 95-W. That's a newsworthy item I'm surprised they didn't include...

Wonder how much the late night TV guy will have and how much it’ll cost.

@Hemispherical said:
    Wonder how much the late night TV guy will have and how much it’ll cost.

Probably not too many unless he thinks he can get $3000+ for them. The market on these will be pretty tight. Anyone lucky enough to get one - and some of us will probably get shut out - will be able to flip it pretty quickly. There will be a lot of competition among market makers as well as collectors before the coin finds its level.

I will offer any of you that want to flip $500 right now

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file