Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE) Currently unavailable

Comments

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

I will offer any of you that want to flip $500 right now

That's a very fair offer! 👍

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still got a bit of time...

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:
    Still got a bit of time...

Yeah, a month. I've been contemplating training a couple of proxies to attempt a purchase, or utilize a proxy's account...

I'm fairly confident of my skills to get one of these (unless my ADSL goes down again), but I'm not sure about others who rarely purchase from the mint, or a second chance purchase attempt using another account.

I did get two orders in on the 2017-W congrats set, so I might get lucky... :D

(Congrats set was 50K, HHL 10, so a distributed average of 5.5 sets/order, or a guesstimate of 10K orders. With an HHL of 1, this will be 30K orders, so they should be around longer than the Congrats sets were, which makes a second order doable. Someone check my math... :wink: )

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2019 6:05AM

Seem about right except its 2017-S (unless I missed out on a W released). How long did the Congratulation sets lasted?

Maybe a better gauge might be the 2018 Pd at 15k with HHL of 1 also? Took 4 minutes to go dark with the Mint ordering system running at "100% capacity". Could I assumed a 8 minute sell-out then?

• Options

Expecting the usual on the first day and the usual the next couple weeks.

Nothing unusual.

;):)

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

A new mouse trap.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    if I miss out on getting this coin, I'm never buying another silver eagle from the Mint again.

In 1995, I sold off my Silver Eagles because of the 1995-W cluster---- by Philip Diehl. I didn't buy another until 2006, and I own exactly zero of them now, except for bullion.

I might try and get one of these to resell for fun, but I'd be damned if I'll ever collect them again.

Do you all think that this will affect the 1995 W prices?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe there could be a DCarr reverse proof with a DC mint mark that would be far more rare and reasonable availability. B)

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

This issue will definitely affect the prices of the 95-w
    Will it fall to a rock bottom number of a few hundred bucks —NO.
    But it will be affected. I believe that this will impact that price quite a bit.

• Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

@7over8 said:
    Also a lottery system could be used
    One entry for each subscriber on the Mint mailing list
    Enhanced by when you are alerted by email, you have 24 hours to purchase—no cancellations no refunds
    You could even reward subscribers on the mailing list by getting additional entries for your length of time being a customer....I.e. 5 yrs - 1 addtl entry; 10 years - another entry; 15 years +1; with a maximum of 5 entries per subscriber to the list

It's my understanding that there is a law in place preventing the Mint from running a purchase lottery tho I agree it's fine idea for limited mintage releases.

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    I will trade my shiny new 2019-S Reverse Enhanced PCGS PR70 (when I get it in a few months), for an old, second place, and now unloved, spotless PCGS 1995-W PR70DCAM. I will give it a nice home :'(

Remember, second place actuals means “First Loser”

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Tonight I am shocked. A 1995-W Proof-70 ASE closed with NO BIDS. It was offered with an opening bid of $12,500.00.

A bit steep when compared to a Coin that will be offered at $65,95.

• Options

@Sweetpie said:
    Seem about right except its 2017-S (unless I missed out on a W released). How long did the Congratulation sets lasted?

Maybe a better gauge might be the 2018 Pd at 15k with HHL of 1 also? Took 4 minutes to go dark with the Mint ordering system running at "100% capacity". Could I assumed a 8 minute sell-out then?

lol, you need to read what I meant, not what I said. Things would work out a lot better for me if everyone did that... :D Yep, I meant the 2017-S.

The congrats set lasted about 3 minutes (pretty sure on that number), depending on who was doing the timing.

So it works out both ways. With 3 times the number of potential orders over the 2017-S, the 2019-S ERP should last 8-9 minutes, all things being equal.

• Options

Here's the link to the 2017-S ASE proof thread if anyone wants to go see the history...

Two 2017 Proof Silver Eagles this year... (Updated. This might be interesting...)

Yep, took a long 2 minutes (or a short 3 minutes) to go to unavailable...

• Options
    edited October 14, 2019 5:54AM

@FullStrike said:
    Tonight I am shocked. A 1995-W Proof-70 ASE closed with NO BIDS. It was offered with an opening bid of $12,500.00.

A bit steep when compared to a Coin that will be offered at $65,95.

Some are “dumping” 95-W to lessen the loss when the 19-S comes out.

Get the 19-S and down the road get the “no-longer-low-pop“ 95-W at a reduced price.

An opinion not grounded in any fact.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are now 381 1995-W's in PR70 after 24 years of intense scrutiny and thousands searching them hoping for the big bucks, so of course it is worth a lot less today than when there were only 5 or 50 or 100 available.

There will be at least 5,000 of the 2019's in PR70 within just a couple months. No realistic price comparison. There will be a lot of fanatic, early, high dollar purchases of course, and then reality will set in.

• Options

There are several Utube Videos out there of a Guy attempting to sell a 1 oz American Gold Eagle to random people on the Street. He offers it to them after explaining it as an Ounce of Gold with a $50 Denomination on it. No one wants it at any price, not even $50 , one Lady even declined to take it for her Starbucks Cup of Coffee.

If the Guy offered a Proof-70 1995-W Silver Eagle , US Coin Fans would become Ill, I'm sure.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are the PR70 1995-W’s worth if they spot?

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:

PR69 money

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where is that U-tube guy when I am buying coffee?

• Options

@Goldminers said:

Well, anyone who attempted to take him up on the offer didn't make the final cut. Beware the edit.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

Well, anyone who attempted to take him up on the offer didn't make the final cut. Beware the edit.

Think I saw it on TV, too... some show that show’s various clips.

@jmlanzaf said:

@MilesWaits said:

PR69 money

Anyone have an idea of what the 2019-W’s graded 69 vs 70?

Personally, I sent in two Pride sets and received (ASE/Maple) 69/70 and 70/70.

I know this will be from S-Mint versus the W-Mint.

Thinking about what I just typed is comparing apples to tangerines.

Never mind

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2019 9:40PM

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MilesWaits said:

PR69 money

Never mind

Check out the pop of 69 vs 70 on this coin I sent. (Canadian First strike and 70 don't get along? Scratching my head).
    https://www.pcgs.com/cert/37529806

• Options

@TurboSnail said:

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MilesWaits said:

PR69 money

Never mind

Check out the pop of 69 vs 70 on this coin I sent. (Canadian First strike and 70 don't get along? Scratching my head).

Very nice! Low pop on the 70s.

It’ll be something if these ERP ASE-S are similar, in that, not many obtaining 70 and with such a low mintage.

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2019 9:07PM

@Hemispherical said:

@TurboSnail said:

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MilesWaits said:

PR69 money

Never mind

It’ll be something if these ERP ASE-S are similar, in that, not many obtaining 70 and with such a low mintage.

But this is the weird part. There are more 70 vs 69 on all other ERP labels. Only this one is 6 out of 54. B)
    https://www.pcgs.com/pop/detail/silver-eagles-1986-date/939?bsn=772903&sn=774462&p=PR&g=70&ccid=2951

And this Canadian coin even lower. 4 out of 54.
    https://www.pcgs.com/cert/37529805

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MilesWaits said:

PR69 money

Never mind

I suspect the outcome will be similar. ATS graded about 10x+ more 70's than 69's. I suspect this issue will do the same. Interestingly, ATS graded more harshly than PCGS. (88% 70's ATS vs. 93% PCGS.) 'Course, we have no idea how many had a min-70 grade. (I wish they'd have a line item on how many didn't make the grade...)

On the other hand, mine (I think) are unique. I've kinda grown to like them like that. :D

I find it odd that none of the other coin sites (that I loot at) other than Coin World hasn't mentioned this coin yet. This is destined to become the most desireable coin of 2019...

• Options

@TurboSnail said:

@Hemispherical said:

@TurboSnail said:

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MilesWaits said:

PR69 money

Never mind

But this is the weird part. There are more 70 vs 69 on all other ERP labels. Only this one is 6 out of 54. B)
    https://www.pcgs.com/pop/detail/silver-eagles-1986-date/939?bsn=772903&sn=774462&p=PR&g=70&ccid=2951

And this Canadian coin even lower. 4 out of 54.
    https://www.pcgs.com/cert/37529805

Some bulk submitters submit as 70 only which skews the statistics

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Hemispherical said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MilesWaits said:

PR69 money

Never mind

I suspect the outcome will be similar. ATS graded about 10x+ more 70's than 69's. I suspect this issue will do the same. Interestingly, ATS graded more harshly than PCGS. (88% 70's ATS vs. 93% PCGS.) 'Course, we have no idea how many had a min-70 grade. (I wish they'd have a line item on how many didn't make the grade...)

On the other hand, mine (I think) are unique. I've kinda grown to like them like that. :D

I find it odd that none of the other coin sites (that I loot at) other than Coin World hasn't mentioned this coin yet. This is destined to become the most desireable coin of 2019...

I wouldn't mention it either in the presence of the looter. :)

• Options
    VpdVpd Posts: 47 ✭✭

Anyone know a way to tell how many ASE subscribers are out there? I would think the mintage of this issue should at least be at that number, plus a few more.

• Options

@Vpd said:
    Anyone know a way to tell how many ASE subscribers are out there? I would think the mintage of this issue should at least be at that number, plus a few more.

Only thing that comes to mind is doing a FOIA.

• Options
    VpdVpd Posts: 47 ✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

Only thing that comes to mind is doing a FOIA.

I like that idea, thanks.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2019 7:30AM

I'm in, I do have to say, the SAE is killing me this year...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7over8 said:
    This issue will definitely affect the prices of the 95-w
    Will it fall to a rock bottom number of a few hundred bucks —NO.
    But it will be affected. I believe that this will impact that price quite a bit.

This would be perfect, for a guy like me of course...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

@Vpd said:

Lessee, first reported sales. My guess is the proofs and uncircs were mostly subs.
    2019-W Proof: 291K
    2019-S Proof: 72K
    2019-W Unc: 112K
    2019-W RP (Can): 10K (or at least sold out.)
    2019-W RP (US): 95K

But let me stress again, you're talking about a director who created artificial rarities by putting the W quarters into circulation. He's also trying to boost annual set sales by including special coins unavailable anywhere else.

Ryder know exactly what he's doing by making the mintage for this coin 30K. He's trying to inject some excitement into the mint store that's been eroding over the past few years.

I would expect to see more of this in the future. Not every issue, but one or two a year would make things a bit more interesting...

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the difference between this issue and the one in the Pride of Two Nations set?

• Options

@MorganMan94 said:
    What is the difference between this issue and the one in the Pride of Two Nations set?

The pride set had a W-Mint. This is an S-Mint.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2019 12:25PM

Don’t forget the next day morning lottery when these go unavailable.

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

Has PCGS announced any First Strike or other grading programs for this one yet?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2019 9:29AM

still addicted to shiney silver coins. I will have to get one of these.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@claychaser said:
    Has PCGS announced any First Strike or other grading programs for this one yet?

Yes.

https://www.pcgs.com/firststrike/

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm.....I'll give it a try at getting one.
    Initial inclination is to flip it, as they have POed me the last year or two and I have really cut back my purchases from them.

If I were to get one, however, that mintage is a tad tempting.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    edited November 3, 2019 9:29PM

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Vpd said:

Lessee, first reported sales. My guess is the proofs and uncircs were mostly subs.
    2019-W Proof: 291K
    2019-S Proof: 72K
    2019-W Unc: 112K
    2019-W RP (Can): 10K (or at least sold out.)
    2019-W RP (US): 95K

But let me stress again, you're talking about a director who created artificial rarities by putting the W quarters into circulation. He's also trying to boost annual set sales by including special coins unavailable anywhere else.

Ryder know exactly what he's doing by making the mintage for this coin 30K. He's trying to inject some excitement into the mint store that's been eroding over the past few years.

I would expect to see more of this in the future. Not every issue, but one or two a year would make things a bit more interesting...

Now if he would only make it Really Really exciting by placing a couple Solid Copper Planchets in with the Zincoln Planchets.

Imagine THAT treasure hunt.

Solid Silver Quarters salted into a couple 100 Coin Bags of ATB Quarters ?

How about the Ultimate Mad Dash ? A couple 24 kt Gold N. A. Dollars thrown into a few Bags of the those zombie puppies. Unannounced.......... of course !

• Options
    edited November 3, 2019 11:17PM

Coin World has more details. Well, not a lot of details not already known... :D
    2019-S Enhanced Reverse Proof American Eagle silver dollar debuts

Each coin will be accompanied by the Mint's first issuance of a serial-numbered certificate of authenticity. The serial numbers are unrelated to the order in which coins are struck or packaged. U.S. Mint Director David J. Ryder plans to personally autograph the first 100 certificates.

Still no mention of the coin being the lowest minted ASE.

And let the hype begin! :D

• Options

Is it known if these will be available at the USM retail locations in Philadelphia, Denver, Wash DC??

• Options

@7over8 said:
    Is it known if these will be available at the USM retail locations in Philadelphia, Denver, Wash DC??

Not known. I bet they have them in Baltimore, however.

• Options

If they have them in Baltimore, I would guess in the regular retail locations

• Options

The 1st pre-sales are on eBay. $500 and up.

• Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

@7over8 said:

• Options

You got that right!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file