Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE) Currently unavailable

Comments

• Options
    RINATIONALSRINATIONALS Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

They've served about 150 of the people who had tickets to buy so far.......panoramic view of the rest of us

buying Rhode Island Nationals please email, PM or call 401-295-3000
  • Options

• Options
    edited November 14, 2019 11:00AM

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any idea how many waited in line and didn't get one?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

They distributed numbers ahead of time

• Options
    jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:

They distributed numbers ahead of time

Instead of handing out numbers they should have just handed out the Eagles and everyone could be back home by now

• Options

Thanks for the Balto updates. Please let us know when they're done and whether there are many in line who get nothing.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:
    30,000, huh? This may be a PR disaster ahead for the Mint. I just e-mailed a comment to the Mint's customer service at usmint-support@usmcatalog.com:

"Dear Customer Service,

I am writing to comment about your newly-announced American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin, to go on sale on November 14. The 30,000 mintage limit is way too small for all of the people who will want this coin. I fear that I will be on your website that day and try to order one, and yet still get shut out because of the expected heavy volume of orders. Please consider upping the production on this issue to a more reasonable number, like 100,000. Honestly, if I miss out on getting this coin, I'm never buying another silver eagle from the Mint again."

Very prescient!

• Options

You call sell on the floor for min 750 since the grading services are doing special 1st day labels, you should here the cranky old dudes in line complaining about the wait....it was like 20 mins this morning and going to be like 2 more hours now....$250 an hour not enough for these whiners....meanwhile the casting agency folks are making 100-150 per coin and happy

• Options

I wonder how many of the people in line know what they are actually buying? Wouldn't that be funny if someone sold them the 2019-W Proof Eagle by mistake and they handed these over to the buyers...

• Options

Mint worker is moving down line handing out orange (Surpringly NOT gold) tickets, hes in the maroon shirt - everyone with an orange ticket is supposedly guaranteed a coin, looks like about 150 people still waiting on ticket. Word is 600-1000 coins here total, not the 500 previously announced

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@ernie11 said:
    30,000, huh? This may be a PR disaster ahead for the Mint. I just e-mailed a comment to the Mint's customer service at usmint-support@usmcatalog.com:

"Dear Customer Service,

I am writing to comment about your newly-announced American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin, to go on sale on November 14. The 30,000 mintage limit is way too small for all of the people who will want this coin. I fear that I will be on your website that day and try to order one, and yet still get shut out because of the expected heavy volume of orders. Please consider upping the production on this issue to a more reasonable number, like 100,000. Honestly, if I miss out on getting this coin, I'm never buying another silver eagle from the Mint again."

Very prescient!

OMG, I'd forgotten that I wrote that line about the heavy volume of orders!

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somehow I'm reminded of the craziness with those 50th anniversary JFK gold coins....and can't help but wonder how many burial jobs are being created today

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2019 11:32AM

Win some lose some. Lost this one.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    Win some lose some. Lost this one.

Same here.

• Options

I got 3 orders in. I've only received confirmation on the first 2. I'm wondering if they will be canceling some orders....

Oh well, it was thrilling (and frustrating) for 15 minutes!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

• Options

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

2 computers, 1 phone, 4 browsers, 1.6 million "refresh"....just your average noon! ;)

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in. I've only received confirmation on the first 2. I'm wondering if they will be canceling some orders....

Were you able to personally place those three orders successfully? Given how many people could not even place one personally that is absolutely amazing.

• Options

@RINATIONALS said:
    Mint worker is moving down line handing out orange (Surpringly NOT gold) tickets, hes in the maroon shirt - everyone with an orange ticket is supposedly guaranteed a coin, looks like about 150 people still waiting on ticket. Word is 600-1000 coins here total, not the 500 previously announced

For an item with a mintage of 30,000 releasing 1,000 of them at a single show seems pretty crazy. The 30000 is the mintage for the entire country of course only a tiny percentage of which could get to that show.

• Options

@Raufus said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Were you able to personally place those three orders successfully? Given how many people could not even place one personally that is absolutely amazing.

Yes. Just me. It was crazy. It's partly dumb luck. It's partly speed of connection. I wouldn't be surprised if the 3rd one gets canceled. It went out at 12:17. They were "unavailable" at 12:19. So I wouldn't be surprised if they accidentally oversold a couple.

A friend of mine had 12 people on 12 computers in 12 different locations and they got a total of 1 order processed.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, I wonder if all 30,000 were really available today, or not. Can the Mint raise the household limit now and sell the rest that become magically available in bulk? We know there will be a trickle of cancellations available.

Is this another scheme, to mess with all real collectors and we have to go to something like QVC and Home Shopping Network to get the rest of these? I find it very odd that so many on this site who are quite experienced, did not get theirs. I am skeptical, but it is only my speculation, no facts. Will a few more become available when the servers are reset tonight?

• Options

That really is amazing.

I have super fast internet tried on for accounts with for devices and only got one placed.

And like you I've played the game and know how to do it. It is absolutely amazing you are able to do that.

I came very close to getting three. however with the other two accounts I could never get past check out before they sold out - it kept crashing

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    So, I wonder if all 30,000 were really available today, or not. Can the Mint raise the household limit now and sell the rest that become magically available in bulk? We know there will be a trickle of cancellations available.

Is this another scheme, to mess with all real collectors and we have to go to something like QVC and Home Shopping Network to get the rest of these? I find it very odd that so many on this site who are quite experienced, did not get theirs. I am skeptical, but it is only my speculation, no facts. Will a few more become available when the servers are reset tonight?

I'm sure they were all available. The Mint doesn't cater to their big buyers. They get a lousy 5% discount if they are ordering over $1 million per year.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

2 computers, 1 phone, 4 browsers, 1.6 million "refresh"....just your average noon! ;)

How many accounts do you have with the Mint?

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

This entire order of 30,000 could have been paid for with less than $2 million as far as the Mint price is concerned. Not even a tiny blip on big player games. This is all publicity and power plays...

• Options

Man did i mess up. I ordered one of these and then mistakenly put in the wrong security code for the credit card. Its still saying processing on the order page. Do you guys think it will get rejected or will they contact me? I sent a message about it. I tried calling too but the phones are not accepting calls right now it seems.......ugh.

• Options

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

• Options

@coinnoob782 said:
    Man did i mess up. I ordered one of these and then mistakenly put in the wrong security code for the credit card. Its still saying processing on the order page. Do you guys think it will get rejected or will they contact me? I sent a message about it. I tried calling too but the phones are not accepting calls right now it seems.......ugh.

they may give you an opportunity to fix it.

• Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

@coinnoob782 said:

I was able to talk to someone about a similar issue. They said I should be contacted in order to fix the problem before the order gets canceled by the mint.

• Options

The eBayers aren't wasting any time. Priced at $600-$1300

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

@coinnoob782 said:

they may give you an opportunity to fix it.> @telephoto1 said:

Here's hoping that price holds....

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

@coinnoob782 said:
    Man did i mess up. I ordered one of these and then mistakenly put in the wrong security code for the credit card. Its still saying processing on the order page. Do you guys think it will get rejected or will they contact me? I sent a message about it. I tried calling too but the phones are not accepting calls right now it seems.......ugh

Call tomorrow
    Talk to customer service
    They can correct it

• Options
    edited November 14, 2019 12:21PM

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

3 computers, 3 browsers, one phone, 5 accounts, super fast internet and one coin - after countless refreshs and errors.

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

It's the whole refresh crap.

if I hit the button and wasn't fast enough, fine, I lose, but having to refresh and start over pretty much means that people slower than me, maybe not even logging in until 5 minutes after, might have gotten a coin.

So, even though I as first, someone cut in front of me and got a coin.

That's what pisses me off.

The Mint was doing really well for 5 or 10 years now, what a major step backwards.

• Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Finally received the "confirmed" email over two hours after receiving the "received" email. Apparently my incorrect billing address issue wasn't a problem.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@coinnoob782 said:

I hope it goes up.

• Options

Well thats pretty crazy, They sent an email saying order confirmed and the credit card is showing as charged on my CC website. I guess the sercurity code isnt that important..lol

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@coinnoob782 said:

I hope it goes up.

LOL. Well, I wouldn't be opposed to that, but I'm happy with a modest profit and then move on.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

3 different shipping addresses also?

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

You must. They reference them by shipping address.

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if that’s how it works. On previous issues I have had (along with multiples of other people) my purchases shipped directly to the dealer i pre-sold to. Eliminating the need for me to wait for the item then reship to him.

• Options

@bigjpst said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if that’s how it works. On previous issues I have had (along with multiples of other people) my purchases shipped directly to the dealer i pre-sold to. Eliminating the need for me to wait for the item then reship to him.

That's true. But I also know that they won't ship them all to me at the same address. It's the combination of name, email, shipping address, etc.

It doesn't seem to care about CC address for some reason, however.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

I know. It's one per address.
    Also it's supposed to be one per IP address. Multiple orders from the same IP are sometimes (but not always) rejected.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Also it's supposed to be one per IP address. Multiple orders from the same IP are sometimes (but not always) rejected.

I've never had them reject an order based on IP address.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that was irrationally fun. :D

Got one after:

-seemingly loosing connection

-reentering CC; nothing

-reentering again for it to autofill; nothing

-reentering again, something, because I could...

-...check the box for text notification

-click the order confirmation then wait

-wait

-wait

-wait; somewhere around here received a text message

-all the while having multiple windows (instances) open and timing out

-wait

-browser seems stuck/suspended, click refresh on the other “instances” but left the one with the successful(?) order alone

-six minutes after the hour email pings with order acknowledgement

-27 minutes after the hour confirmation email

-by now all my “instances” have timed out

-restarted browser, log in, check order history, also check the page for the ERPF which was now “unavailable” and I was done.

USM072064xx

Basically, my order was processed somewhere before the six minute mark based upon the time stamp of the email.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

We have. First order accepted, other orders rejected

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@telephoto1 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    I got 3 orders in.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

We have. First order accepted, other orders rejected

Interesting...

• Options

On previous occasions the orders have gone through. I'm not sure if they randomly ping IPs or if it's just a crappy system that doesn't always catch it.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

Strange thing on ebay...

If one searches for these some that come up are no longer available per the listing but they still come up as available on a refresh of the search. Bizzare.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file