Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE) Currently unavailable

Comments

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    What could possibly go wrong? Oooops, someone turned off the "household limit" switch by accident. Ooops the mint decides to sell this Eagle next week in a sudden schedule postponement. Oooops, mint computers are down for hours due to a sudden Windows update. Oooops, one of the "Big Boys" lined up 52,000 purchasers and snatched almost all of them. Oooops, the Eagle is stuck under the OGP in glue like so many currency sets of recent.

Have I been stuck on this page to long? Should I start over ? Oooops
    I lost the connection 💩Oooops have to start over
    I forgot to check agreement box. ( sweating )'Oooops.
    Now I lost the connection again Oooops
    Backordered 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩Oooops

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard people waited DAYS in line to get the Chain Cents.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bullsitter,

A flash from the past. I love your Mint Wheels. They are the best. Good luck getting a coin today. I will be trying also.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Raufus said:
    I'll be trying to get a few of these like everyone else tomorrow.

That said I agree with some others who have speculated that these could in fact diminish the collector base for ASEs.

The 1995 W and the 08 w/rev of 07 were not intentionally artificially created rarities. On the other hand this one is.

The beauty of this series has been that they are generally affordable with people not having to spend hundreds of dollars per coin. For the actual collectors who miss out tomorrow - of whom the wall no doubt be many - this will no longer be the case.

I beg to differ. The 95W was an intentionally created coin by Diehl to be included with the 4-piece gold set for the 10th anniversary. You had to buy $1000 in gold to get the 95W.

It was created completely outside of normal ASE channels and unavailable by any other means.

If that's not an artificially created rarity, then this one isn't either...

Edit:
    From Coin World in 2014:
    Three years that haunt silver Eagle collectors

The 1995 10th Anniversary five-coin set featured a silver American Eagle. But hobbyists had to buy the four gold coins (Proof $5, $10, $25 and $50 gold American Eagles) in the set, at $999, to secure the Proof American Eagle silver coin as a “bonus.”

Because many folks (including me) could not afford the set, we lost out on the chance to buy the bonus coin. Worse, it was the first year that the “W” Mint mark appeared in the silver series. So we also coveted that seemingly unobtainable Mint mark.

At least this one will be affordable for everyone.

I understand that the 95 w was created for the set. However I don't believe there were any mintage limits on it. I'd have to look that up to be sure but I thought as many people that wanted a set could get the coin.

Of course this coin will be affordable for virtually anyone if you can get it from the mint. my point was that many collectors will likely get shutout and will be forced to pay hundreds of dollars for one if they want to continue their collection.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:

That said I agree with some others who have speculated that these could in fact diminish the collector base for ASEs.

The 1995 W and the 08 w/rev of 07 were not intentionally artificially created rarities. On the other hand this one is.

The beauty of this series has been that they are generally affordable with people not having to spend hundreds of dollars per coin. For the actual collectors who miss out tomorrow - of whom the wall no doubt be many - this will no longer be the case.

Further, as others have speculated is possible, what will the future hold? A 20,000 mintage one next year?

I can definitely see this whole thing turning off actual collectors thus hurting the series in the long run.

With respect to the comments regarding ebay pre-sales....

As we all know such sales are zero risk for the buyer at least in the short-term and complete risk for the seller with ebay's mandatory return policies.

If prices exceed what was paid for a pre-sale before the end of the mandatory return period the buyer can simply return the coin. As an added bonus the seller will suck up the loss of the PayPal fees paid - just the latest in a seemingly endless stream of anti seller ebay policies. I would guess that the big boys are exempted from this. So the pre-sale prices I think don't really mean very much at all.

Why do people continually blame ebay for the PayPal policy? They also blame ebay for the sales tax problem.

I know that eBay spun PayPal off a few years ago. I should have been more specific. Both companies policies have become more and more hostile to sellers continuously over the years. I never said I blamed either of them for the tax issue.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always used the cheap shipping from the Mint. I noticed that they offer Next Day shipping for $20.95
    Seems like a good deal.

How are you having yours shipped?

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    I've always used the cheap shipping from the Mint. I noticed that they offer Next Day shipping for $20.95
    Seems like a good deal.

How are you having yours shipped?

I have free standard shipping but I'm spending 20 bucks.

• Options
    edited November 14, 2019 7:52AM

I did a mock order yesterday just to run through the steps ( then cancelled) I changed shipping method to next day. Did another this morning to check if shipping method is still next day, it was so preset shipping method to next day if you want and save one click ( if the change requires a refresh you save a lot) when the time comes.

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

What time are these gone? 12:03? EST

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Raufus said:

I beg to differ. The 95W was an intentionally created coin by Diehl to be included with the 4-piece gold set for the 10th anniversary. You had to buy $1000 in gold to get the 95W.

It was created completely outside of normal ASE channels and unavailable by any other means.

Edit:
    From Coin World in 2014:
    Three years that haunt silver Eagle collectors

The 1995 10th Anniversary five-coin set featured a silver American Eagle. But hobbyists had to buy the four gold coins (Proof $5, $10, $25 and $50 gold American Eagles) in the set, at $999, to secure the Proof American Eagle silver coin as a “bonus.”

Because many folks (including me) could not afford the set, we lost out on the chance to buy the bonus coin. Worse, it was the first year that the “W” Mint mark appeared in the silver series. So we also coveted that seemingly unobtainable Mint mark.

At least this one will be affordable for everyone.

I dont view that as artificial. There was a sensible logic for the way it was sold - it was part of a complete set of eagles - there's a system and logic to the offering. This issue has no inherent logic to the 30k mintage EXCEPT & ONLY to manufacture a 'rare' coin. That's artificial.

• Options
    TomthecoinguyTomthecoinguy Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

... and now Diehl is president of one of those telemarketers, go figure.

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got an email from Pinehurst coins that they are buying... +$150

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Jungle boys!! (And girls)

• Options

@Sweetpie said:

Did they say how many were being sold there? Is 500 accurate? I wonder if PCGS or others will have any unique Balto labels

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

The sales have started in Baltimore!

• Options
    RINATIONALSRINATIONALS Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

In the holding pen first 125 people ready to get sent for theirs

buying Rhode Island Nationals please email, PM or call 401-295-3000
  • Options

@JimTyler said:
    If you guys would wait 5 extra minutes to order I would appreciate it.

How about 10 so I can get a few orders in

• Options

Is there someone in the building handing out extra $100’s to get them from folks after they buy?

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scuttlebutt I hear is ten minute sellout window and early estimates of $300-$500 aftermarket. There are major dealers who have their people at different IP addys ready to order plus emails sent to their entire customer lists offering $100 and up premiums to any who order and want to flip them.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed after some inactivity I was booted off and had to relog in. Might be something new keep hitting refresh.

• Options

Good Luck

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

1 minute

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

Order Placed: Nov 14, 2019
    Order Number: USM07201xxx

11:03 Central

• Options
    edited November 14, 2019 10:08AM

your order is being processed

Home / Order Summary
    Order SummaryPrint Receipt
    Thank you for your order.
    If you have questions about your order, we’re happy to take your call at 1-800-USA-MINT (1-800-872-6468) Monday - Sunday, 8:00 AM to 12:00 midnight Eastern Time.
    Order Placed: Nov 14, 2019
    Order Number: USM0720XXXX

Wow 5 Minutes and NO PAYPAL and I had to input my credit card all over! That was tough! Kep getting knocked off! Kept refreshing, refreshing, refreshing about 6 times. I think I was lucky and I was on a hard line.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep,had to re-enter CC number but Chrome did auto-fill for me.

WiFi beat my hard-wired Ethernet cable too.

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

site is still crashed on my end. trying to check if I made it through

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

got the confirmation email. Think I got one

• Options

My email says: We are processing your recent order placed with the United States Mint. You will receive a confirmation email with more details within 24 hours.

So this makes me a little nervous. I did get an order number and it does show up under my order history. So maybe

• Options
    silverman68silverman68 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

all gone

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Failed. Didn't get one. Oh well...

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had one in my cart and it turned red and said no longer available...that's new even for the mint.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options

tried 22 minutes, now gone.... didn't have a chance for the cart to register that i put one in.... lousy

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both my proxies failed as well. sigh... :'(

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2019 10:27AM

Lucky Mom ..... showed her how to 5 minutes prior on her iPad and she got ONE for me <3

USM072216XX

My attempt went nowhere with oops all over the place

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was one helluva battle...I must have reentered credit card data 6 times in checkout...wow...this was probably the hardest fought low mintage offering thus far...crazy. USMO07228XXX

• Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

I have a confirmation number, but it somehow switched my billing address. Anyone think I'm actually going to get one?

• Options

I think those who stay on the oops page got theirs ..... my Mom did nothing and eventually the Mint took her to the basket :)

@JimTyler said:

@Onastone said:
    What could possibly go wrong? Oooops, someone turned off the "household limit" switch by accident. Ooops the min

it decides to sell this Eagle next week in a sudden schedule postponement. Oooops, mint computers are down for hours due to a sudden Windows update. Oooops, one of the "Big Boys" lined up 52,000 purchasers and snatched almost all of them. Oooops, the Eagle is stuck under the OGP in glue like so many currency sets of recent.

Have I been stuck on this page to long? Should I start over ? Oooops
    I lost the connection 💩Oooops have to start over
    I forgot to check agreement box. ( sweating )'Oooops.
    Now I lost the connection again Oooops
    Backordered 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩Oooops

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2019 10:40AM

@mdkuom said:
    I have a confirmation number, but it somehow switched my billing address. Anyone think I'm actually going to get one?

If I were you I would call when the dust settles and make sure your card worked. You may have the coin locked in but if a problem with matching addresses it could bounce out. Keep trying.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. Nothing here. Failed. :(

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2019 10:37AM

got one. lost count of how many ooops and refresh times. had to reenter credit card info but finally got a confirm email from mint. # 7207??? pushing hard did not work had to push refresh many many many many times !!!!!

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

anyone buying?

• Options

Got in at 11:02. #USM07200XXX. Biz partner tried going on phone at the same time. Phones were totally locked up

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

What is your USMO722XXX?

@clokwise said:
    My email says: We are processing your recent order placed with the United States Mint. You will receive a confirmation email with more details within 24 hours.

So this makes me a little nervous. I did get an order number and it does show up under my order history. So maybe

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2019 10:42AM

I have a USM072227xx and was worried it was too late at 9:13

• Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

@mdkuom said:

If I were you I would call when the dust settles and make sure your card worked. You may have the coin locked in but if a problem with matching addresses it could bounce out. Keep trying.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking this would be a good idea as well

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

7199XXX and CC charged, bank says.
    The refresh button nearly did me in though. Office worker never did get through on an older desktop. IMac went through with only a bit of hiccup.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭

I had one in my cart at exactly noon but checkout frozen after multiple refreshes and the suckass website finally worked the ASE in my cart was changed to invalid item/sold out

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file