Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE) Currently unavailable

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't show on any of my searches...what do you use for search criteria...and maybe that's why the low price

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

I think I saw that and he had a proof 69 in the header and description of his auction with a proof 70 pictured..thought it was a little deceiving but no big deal. I'm pretty sure it is actually a proof 69 if it's the same listing I'm referring to.

• Options

Clarifying the low price now makes sense...but I still want to know the search criteria for future reference

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

sometimes the simplest search is the best i.e. 2019 silver eagle proof, it will then list all categories including auctions for you to scroll through. just be aware that there are enhanced reverse eagles out there from the two coin set, pride of two nations, put out earlier in the year. I almost jumped on a couple of them at first because I thought I found a hidden deal. good luck in finding anything cheap nowadays.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2019 3:24PM

@BigA said:
    Doesn't show on any of my searches...what do you use for search criteria...and maybe that's why the low price

"2019s enhanced reverse proof" That is what I used with out the exclamation marks

I think on that one he showed a picture of a 70.
    But in the fine details he wrote 69 or 70.

I got a feeling who ever gets that one will be sending it back to him for false picture showing not as advertised.

Looks like the final sale price was $2135 with 55 bids. + 38.93 in shipping.

• Options
    lccoinslccoins Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited December 9, 2019 4:23PM

@BigA said:
    L & C Coins has an interesting spin on certs. They are selling PF70 FS ERP's for $2700.....they have one with a "low" cert number of 645 for a grand more ...$3700.

At what point do certs become a non-factor? 700? 1000? 5000?

655 is First Day of Issue, which we would normally sell for $3,500. So the "low cert" premium was only $200 on that one. We've found that buyers are especially interested in cert numbers below 1,000.

L&C Coins
    www.lccoins.com
    A PCGS Authorized Dealer
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

WTF???

"I have 40 sealed boxes in hand..."

And this person has feedback for only 17 sold items! How is this possible...and are we sure those BOTS didn't work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-American-Silver-Eagle-Enhanced-Reverse-Proof-Coin-19XE-UNOPENED-SEALED/274135424908?hash=item3fd3be9f8c:g:ODoAAOSwUxxd7oqh

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

The bots worked, there is no doubt about it. None.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

A FOIA request to the US Mint should be how many accounts were established within a month of the release. Then, how many coins were purchased with those accounts. If you want the data, that is all you need to determine how many orders were filled by bots.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bots, bots, bots...

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean...based on the freak show that erupted on the initial sale day...in order to actually land 40 coins, I’d say that you needed at least 200 independent accounts to land 40...for a 20% hit rate! And you would need at least 50 people refreshing and refreshing and refreshing 4 accounts each to realize that level of success!

And this by a person with essentially no established footprint on eBay?!?

This is a pretty egregious example here!

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG! Are ya'll still talking about this? Well, I needed a little comedy relief break from sorting my useless (so far) cents.
    I'm good now so, back to work :D
    P.S. At some point I may need to find out how to disengage from a conversation seriously I haven't read this much since " To Kill a Mockingbird" ninth grade and no, I did not even finish it............

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:
    OMG! Are ya'll still talking about this? Well, I needed a little comedy relief break from sorting my useless (so far) cents.
    P.S. At some point I may need to find out how to disengage from a conversation seriously I haven't read this much since " To Kill a Mockingbird" ninth grade and no, I did not even finish it............

I think it all stems from the mint not acknowledging that the site did get botted and they keep denying it. If they did then they can work to secure the site in the future.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mint did not deny it was “botted” but downgraded the scope of the “attack.”

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/u-s-mint-denies-widespread-bot-success-for-silver-eagles

• Options

Well. if that's the case. Look no further than who is selling them all. Certainly that has been covered already but, I am not starting this novel over anytime soon.

• Options

L & C Coins: SOrry..I missed the FDI...my bad. and thanks for the definition of a low cert # being under 1000. That's what I was looking for

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@BigA said:

"2019s enhanced reverse proof" That is what I used with out the exclamation marks

I think on that one he showed a picture of a 70.
    But in the fine details he wrote 69 or 70.

I got a feeling who ever gets that one will be sending it back to him for false picture showing not as advertised.

Looks like the final sale price was $2135 with 55 bids. + 38.93 in shipping.

The buyer will get a 69 for sure. Obviously a trick to get someone to think they are getting a 70 if they
    are not paying close attention to the entire listing.

Just another Ebay scam.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    I mean...based on the freak show that erupted on the initial sale day...in order to actually land 40 coins, I’d say that you needed at least 200 independent accounts to land 40...for a 20% hit rate! And you would need at least 50 people refreshing and refreshing and refreshing 4 accounts each to realize that level of success!

And this by a person with essentially no established footprint on eBay?!?

This is a pretty egregious example here!

260,000 Channing 30,000 coins is closer to 10% than 20%

• Options

Still chugging away at the 4-digit resale mark. When (if) will the drop occur and premiums go below $1000?

• Options
    edited December 24, 2019 2:11PM

That’s cool @Kudbegud!

I never thought about framing it.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:

:o Well, Atticus ended up trying a rape case in court, Scout made friends with Boo Radley -the scary monstrous neighbor, and the famous quote to remember is you can't judge anyone until you walk a mile in their shoes.

• Options

@Onastone said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

:o Well, Atticus ended up trying a rape case in court, Scout made friends with Boo Radley -the scary monstrous neighbor, and the famous quote to remember is you can't judge anyone until you walk a mile in their shoes.

Yea, that sounds oddly familiar 37 years later - Thanks dude and Merry Christmas!

• Options

@CoinscratchFever Thanks! Merry Christmas!

• Options

Anyone looking to buy a sealed box?

• Options

@Schneury said:

Welcome to the Forum! You'll have no trouble selling a sealed box. How much are you selling it for?

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:
    I got this back from grading yesterday. It's the one I won in ParadiseFound's contest. I got the frame off of Amazon.

Psst psst psst. Her birthday is coming up in a few days. ;)

• Options

@Schneury said:

BST.

• Options

@Onastone said:

@Schneury said:

Welcome to the Forum! You'll have no trouble selling a sealed box. How much are you selling it for?

Thanks. $1500 OBO

• Options

@Onastone said:

@Schneury said:

A post count of ONE and probably wants to be paid via F&F. I'm not sure I would say "no trouble"

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@Schneury said:

A post count of ONE and probably wants to be paid via F&F. I'm not sure I would say "no trouble"

Very true. And your'e right, BST would be a better platform.

• Options

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@Schneury said:

If anyone is interested I can provide references.

• Options

@Schneury said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@Schneury said:

My buy price, and others, are already listed on the BST forum

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Schneury said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@Schneury said:

Can you share the link to that?

• Options

@Schneury said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Schneury said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@Schneury said:

It's "Buy, Sell, Trade" in the list of forums on the right hand side of your screen.

• Options

@Schneury said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Schneury said:

@Onastone said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

@Schneury said:

https://forums.collectors.com/categories/buy-sell-trade-u-s-coins

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

did COA 00001 ever show up?

(l8-)>>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file