Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE) Currently unavailable

Comments

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ours just arrived today. Very nice.

Just for grins I just did an eBay "Sold Items" search for "2019 enhanced reverse proof silver eagle" and it came up with over 6000 sold items. So over 20% of the mintage has apparently already traded on eBay.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your forgetting all the orders sellers cancelled and relisted!

@telephoto1 said:

Just for grins I just did an eBay "Sold Items" search for "2019 enhanced reverse proof silver eagle" and it came up with over 6000 sold items. So over 20% of the mintage has apparently already traded on eBay.

• Options

@amwldcoin said:

@telephoto1 said:

Ah yes. I forgot this is eBay, the land of the sport bidder. Some guys have been known to buy and cancel just to tie up other guys' listings long enough so they could sell their own easier.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually this time it's the sellers cancelling sales and relisting for more.

@telephoto1 said:

@amwldcoin said:

@telephoto1 said:

Ah yes. I forgot this is eBay, the land of the sport bidder. Some guys have been known to buy and cancel just to tie up other guys' listings long enough so they could sell their own easier.

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    Actually this time it's the sellers cancelling sales and relisting for more.

@telephoto1 said:

@amwldcoin said:

@telephoto1 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it's both.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

@clokwise said:
    Is it worth getting this coin graded? I've never got a coin graded but was considering this one.

If it gets a 69, no. If it gets a 70, probably.

• Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭

First time ssubmitting to PCGS -
    1. Will I get the Flag or the plain blue label?
    2. Do I get the OGP back is that extra fee

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deciquio said:
    Why are they being sent from Georgia via FedEx Smartpost??

Georgia? Not Mississippi?

What does your tracking say? The first stop should have been Southaven, MS.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019 2:08PM

Just an FYI about telling what's inside a shipping box by the order number on the outside...there is NO order number on the Smartpost package I just received...tracking yes, and that will work in the short term

• Options

@clokwise said:
    Is it worth getting this coin graded? I've never got a coin graded but was considering this one.

What's your objective? You don't need it graded if it's staying in a collection. It might make it harder to sell later in life if that's your goal.

I've decided I'll probably get mine graded just to authenticate the coin. If I do, it'll go ATS.

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@clokwise said:

What's your objective? You don't need it graded if it's staying in a collection. It might make it harder to sell later in life if that's your goal.

I've decided I'll probably get mine graded just to authenticate the coin. If I do, it'll go ATS.

i got 2. So definitely resell one.

• Options

A graded 69 can become a OGP item very easily as long as you get the packaging back.....although right now they seem to be selling at the same price. It will take awhile for all these to come back graded and then a market will develop

• Options

@clokwise said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@clokwise said:

If you look at pop results for ASE's, >75% get graded as a 70. If you send in two, chances are good at least one will be a 70, Selling the 70 would maximize your return.

But it's still a crap shoot. (Still in my best Harold Callahan, Are you feeling lucky? Well, are you punk? :D)

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@deciquio said:

Yes yes from Southhave, MS.....why from there??

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:

@deciquio said:

Mine says From Memphis, TN to Clovis, CA, then it goes to Southhaven, MS

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 465 ✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:

@telephoto1 said:

Yes! All 5900 of the 6000 presold listings seemingly.

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@clokwise said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@clokwise said:

If you look at pop results for ASE's, >75% get graded as a 70. If you send in two, chances are good at least one will be a 70, Selling the 70 would maximize your return.

But it's still a crap shoot. (Still in my best Harold Callahan, Are you feeling lucky? Well, are you punk? :D)

This is my first time selling. So let's say it costs me approx $100 to get both graded and 1 comes back with a 70. Will it I be able to pull in more than $100 extra reselling it because it's a 70? Or would it be a wash?

• Options
    edited November 20, 2019 3:11PM

@deciquio said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@deciquio said:

Yes yes from Southhave, MS.....why from there??

If you look at a map, Southaven is the closest FedEx hub to Memphis. (Memphis is right on the border of Tennessee and Mississippi, Southaven is essentially a suburb just South of Memphis and close to the airport.)

(Edit: Map courtesy of Google. Can't forget that...)

• Options

I would think the 70's would command a tad more than the 69's.....probably a BIG tad....and then there's the cert thing. Hit the lottery and get a signed cert and that changes things dramatically.....not too many "real" 70 prices out there yet so it will be an evolving situation...

Personally I think those $1025 MCM 69's and OGP's will drop a bit and the main players will be the 70's..price TBD

• Options
    edited November 20, 2019 3:05PM

@BigA said:
    I would think the 70's would command a tad more than the 69's.....probably a BIG tad....and then there's the cert thing. Hit the lottery and get a signed cert and that changes things dramatically.....not too many "real" 70 prices out there yet so it will be an evolving situation...

Personally I think those $1025 MCM 69's and OGP's will drop a bit and the main players will be the 70's..price TBD

Main players have always be 70's, haven't they? ;) (And again, the chance of getting a signed cert is 0.33%. I ain't holding my breath. :D )

@clokwise, not only what BigA said, but do some research. Go on ebay, and look up 70 prices vs. 69 prices vs. raw. (Not only of this coin, but any coin.) It'll give you a general idea of the spreads a 70 will bring.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems that people are starting to panic and fear they will not get a fresh coin.
    Hence, the price continues to rise.
    And the freshest are entombed.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    So then...how many of you are sending it sealed to a TPG vs ripping the box open first and having it slabbed later.

I have 2 on route and might just open them in the here and now.

I'd appreciate any thoughts?

Been thinking about this...I think what I'll do is keep it sealed in the mint box, wait until the100 COA's start hitting the market and see where the price goes for a signed COA, then keep it sealed and hold on to it for at least a year. Who wouldn't want to take a chance on buying a mint SEALED coin that just may have a signed COA..

Chuck,

Ever Onward
  • Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@clokwise said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@clokwise said:

You can NOT tell anything from the POP results. A lot of bulk submitters submit them as 70 only.

• Options

@clokwise said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@clokwise said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@clokwise said:

This is my first time selling. So let's say it costs me approx $100 to get both graded and 1 comes back with a 70. Will it I be able to pull in more than $100 extra reselling it because it's a 70? Or would it be a wash?

Impossible to know. You could sell it raw now for around $1000. If several weeks from now you get it back in a 70 holder and the 70s are only selling for $1000...

I refer you to the Great Block Island 70 Debacle of 2018

• Options
    SenateSaloonSenateSaloon Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

You can NOT tell anything from the POP results. A lot of bulk submitters submit them as 70 only.

I generally agree, but the current population report is probably mostly from the Baltimore show where there was an incentive to submit even likely 69s to get the Baltimore label. As a few others have already stated, I suspect the odds of a 70 may not be that bad. 20%? We will learn over the next few months how many hundreds of 70s there are. I’m thinking there could be 5000 or more by next year.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@clokwise said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@clokwise said:

Impossible to know. You could sell it raw now for around $1000. If several weeks from now you get it back in a 70 holder and the 70s are only selling for $1000...

The price appears to go up every 6-12 hours. There are now multiple BINs at or above $1,500 (two a $2k, at least 2 at $1.5k, and one at $2.5k). There are multiple auctions in the $1075-$1225 range.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robec said:
    I have a relatively low order number (07203xxx). I received the email saying the package shipped with free shipping on the 17th. Delivery day is scheduled for the 30th. I'm in California and the package is being sent from Tennessee. That seems odd to me since it is minted in San Francisco which is less than 200 miles away.

Why does it take 13 days?

Driven from FEDEX’s hub to hub to hub with side-hub stops. Rig drivers can only drive a certain number if hours per day, drive a certain number of miles per day, have a minimum number of hours of sleep, etc. And when it arrives at a hub they are off-loaded, scanned, re-sorted, scanned, loaded on a rig and off it goes. If there is a weekend or holiday then..... zzzz .....

Using the tracking and identifying the major hubs and smaller side-hubs should be possible. ;)

• Options
    GhosOfRudyGhosOfRudy Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

Ugh. My first ebayer had his order cancelled. Second one took payment and has not yet shipped.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@engmtic said:
    First time ssubmitting to PCGS -
    1. Will I get the Flag or the plain blue label?
    2. Do I get the OGP back is that extra fee

“Flag” labels are dealer labels. There are different types, too.

Blue label is what non-dealers get unless there is a special label for the coin. If graded at Baltimore then you can get that label.

https://www.pcgs.com/news/pcgs-announces-dual-encapsulation-coa

With the “blue” label you can get First Strike and/or Gold Shield.

If submitting to this forum’s host it’s free for the return of the OGP, write on the submission form to “please return all the OGP.” I like to be specific, “please return the OGP: box, sleeve, and lens,” and add COA unless your encapsulating it since it’ll already be returned.

If submitting ATS then there is a fee, not sure what it is at the moment; but fairly inexpensive.

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@clokwise said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@clokwise said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@clokwise said:

The price appears to go up every 6-12 hours. There are now multiple BINs at or above $1,500 (two a $2k, at least 2 at $1.5k, and one at $2.5k). There are multiple auctions in the $1075-$1225 range.

It's a larger version of Block Island 70s. In a matter of about 5 days, the Block Island 70s went from $300 to $1000. Then they dropped in half over the next several weeks.

The price going up that fast is NOT good. You've got a lot of speculators. At some point, it will have to find its level. This coin should find a level higher than the Block Island 70s, but you've got a LOT of speculation right now with a significant percentage of the total mintage flipping.

• Options

@GhosOfRudy said:
    Ugh. My first ebayer had his order cancelled. Second one took payment and has not yet shipped.

The 1st one is probably lying. The 2nd one couldn't ship if they don't have it in hand yet.

• Options

Following the MCM price/availability saga. Price remains the same at $1025 for OGP and 69's. They have added 45 more to their inventory which now stands at 127

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

BigA,

Thanks for the update.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    GhosOfRudyGhosOfRudy Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@GhosOfRudy said:

The 1st one is probably lying. The 2nd one couldn't ship if they don't have it in hand yet.

He did send me the cancellation and it matched the listing order #, so I don't suspect he was. Shipped now. :)

• Options

MCM holding price at $1125.

Sold 13 since yesterday

• Options
  • Options

@BigA said:
    Ummmm....this completed BIN purchase was listed next to the $1099 and $1050 completed sales

Yep. I saw it right after it sold. I cried.

• Options

@GhosOfRudy said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@GhosOfRudy said:

He did send me the cancellation and it matched the listing order #, so I don't suspect he was. Shipped now. :)

I guess it's possible. But all kinds of people are claiming order cancellation. I don't recall ever seeing that many order cancellations after order confirmation.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BigA said:

Sold 13 since yesterday

That is amazing! Looks like prices still moving up. It’s still early what 8th day.

• Options

@Gluggo said:

@BigA said:

Sold 13 since yesterday

That is amazing! Looks like prices still moving up. It’s still early what 8th day.

Actually, prices seem to have flattened today.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've noticed Pinhurst Coins on ebay has sold over 250 with apparently many more to sell. I don't question how they played the system, they did. I wonder about all the raw OGP they are selling for $999 and why can't they deliver until next year. First thought they are all at grading and the raw are cracked out 69's but they sell 69's. Do they not own them yet ? How do they know they can make money at $999 bought in the future. Are they getting free loan money and cancel orders if it doesn't work out for them in the future. I just don't get how they sell raw and not deliver until next year.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2019 11:50AM

Wimpy from Popeye says, I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

This is the opposite,

We will gladly send you a coin next year, for your money today :) Looks to me like a bet on buying more of these between now and next year for less.

• Options

RE: Pinehurst Coins.....HOLY ERP BATMAN! They have 351 69 graded ERP's available (well, one raw)...add the 70's that they will surely get and that's a mother load (assuming THEY are sending for grading)

They state ship by 12/31 but expect to ship sooner...not weird...could take a few weeks to grade and receive back

$970 check/$999 CC

• Options

@BigA said:
    RE: Pinehurst Coins.....HOLY ERP BATMAN! They have 351 69 graded ERP's available (well, one raw)...add the 70's that they will surely get and that's a mother load (assuming THEY are sending for grading)

They state ship by 12/31 but expect to ship sooner...not weird...could take a few weeks to grade and receive back

$970 check/$999 CC

Ok 12/31 not weird for graded but what about raw ?

• Options
    edited November 22, 2019 1:32PM

Only one raw....maybe they are gonna reserve that for the 67 they get back and cut it out of the slab

Edit....raw is no longer there

• Options
  • Options

Yup, that makes sense. Makes it sound quite lame selling 58 that they don't and won't have for quite some time. TOTALLY different than the graded excuse

• Options

Still garnering hype in the press. Coin World has a couple of articles out.

Bots attempt to sabotage limited-edition silver American Eagle sales

We already new some of this from last week's article. But there's some new info in it.

The coins were not offered at the Mint sales centers at headquarters in Washington, D.C., or at contracted sales outlets at the Philadelphia and Denver Mints.

Did this ultimately turn out to be true?

The Mint, did, however, offer several hundred coins at the Whitman Baltimore Expo, an opportunity that was not widely announced before the show. See the article on Page 10 for details about those sales.

See next post....

The Mint also reportedly resumed sales of the coins for a brief period Nov. 16 by phone and online, after initial reconciliation of processed orders.

Well, we know this was a falsehood... :D

And you might want to read the section under "Market action"...

• Options

And, I assume this is the Page 10 article referenced above....

Buyers line up to buy Enhanced Reverse Proof silver American Eagle at expo

(Image courtesy of James Sego, JMS coins, via Coin World...)

The line started forming at 2:30 a.m. James Sego from JMS Coins, Coeur d’alene, Idaho, said he was third in line at 4:30 a.m.

Those in line weren’t let into the Baltimore Convention Center until 6:30 a.m. to get out of the frigid temperatures. Once inside, those waiting to buy the coins were huddled inside a staging area inside the convention center before the appointed hours for sales to begin.

I lined up 5 minutes before Noon, lololol...

Burleson said show organizers were not notified of the Mint’s intentions to offer the coin at the show until eight days before the opening day of the show.

Hmmmm....

Read the article if you want to know what procedure they followed, and....

Some of those in line who planned to resell their coins immediately after purchase were given prepaid $100 credit cards from dealers seeking additional coins to meet their customers’ demands. The prepaid cards were used to pay the $65.95 purchase price of the coin.

Once the coin was secured and delivered to the dealer, another $100 premium was given to add with the balance left on the prepaid card.

Some of those in line reneged on giving up their coins before purchase after other dealers upped their offer to buy to then at $450, then $750 and soon at $900.

Mercenaries. lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file