Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE) Currently unavailable

Comments

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

So you guys found that with respect to the one in your cart you just kept hitting refresh and all the sudden the unavailable language one away and you proceeded to check out?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2019 2:02PM

The "Remind Me" went away and "Add to bag" appeared...THEN go to checkout...saves one step since you don't have to add anything to your "bag"

• Options

The difference with this beast is that the HH limit is set at one....no 10,000 (or whatever) being ordered at noon on Friday..one per....might actually work for price appreciation

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't believe they had leftovers in Balt, I'm guessing they brought extras.

On the 7:00 vs 7:30, they probably have people monitoring social media (like us) and moved it just so all the pros didn't scoop them up on a set schedule. I guess we'll know when the next few get through.

Also there should be a batch late in the month if people return the non-70s. Look for them after people start posting "hey look mine showed up".

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SenateSaloon said:

Just to clarify...

If you have one in the cart but they are unavailable when you get to the final screen it says there's an invalid item in your cart. so you're saying you went to that final screen with the red an invalid item is in your cart text, kept refreshing and that red print went away then you just completed the sale?

That's correct. I kept refreshing until the "invalid item" notice (and red color) went away, then hit the final purchase button.

This.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

CoinNews.net updated their article with a release from the Mint. (Emphasis mine.)

2019-S Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle Release (Updated)

Update: Late Friday afternoon, the U.S. Mint released the following statements to CoinNews:

"Yesterday, the Mint catalog website had more than 150,000 unique visitors and 1.6 million page views in the first hour of sales of the American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE). For context, the catalog website’s previous highest traffic and page views were for the Apollo 11 product launch, when we had 124,000 visitors in one day and 863,000 page views in one hour. We are pleased with the numismatic community’s response to this product. The volume of traffic did briefly slow down our site response. However, after the first two minutes we were able to process over 1800 orders per minute on average. Completed orders were processed until all inventory was sold. Additionally, we identified approximately 5% of traffic as coming from bots, including 3% of traffic from a single IP address, of which zero orders were processed."

"At the moment of launch, there were 99,000 people online and 4700 callers waiting to purchase the American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE). Completed orders were processed until all inventory was sold. We are constantly seeking feedback from our customers, and rest assured your voice is being heard."

Nice job Darrin. Thanks for the update.

I had told my proxies that we were looking at 3x the demand vs. supply. It was actually more than that.

I got mine in overtime. Yeah, I felt lucky, punk. :D

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smartdriver said:
    I decided to add a phone number for text msg updates... now I will keep wondering I If I had just press submit 3 seconds earlier... what if!

Got the same screen. Painful.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Briefly slowed down” 😂
    Also does all inventory sold equal sold out as opposed to unavailable?

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:
    “Briefly slowed down” 😂
    Also does all inventory sold equal sold out as opposed to unavailable?

The sell out is NEVER immediately final due to either cancellations or returns. They currently have ZERO coins to sell. If a few credit cards get bounced, a few become available. That's probably what happened yesterday. Over the next month, if any returns come in the Mint will sell their back up supply to replace them.

With the high premium on the secondary market and the HHL of 1, I would not expect to see many come available before they finally go to "Sold Out".

• Options

bump. Post here if you don't want to start a new ASE thread.

• Options

@smartdriver said:
    I decided to add a phone number for text msg updates... now I will keep wondering I If I had just press submit 3 seconds earlier... what if!

The app is four years old and has had only one version update... two years ago. :|

• Options

Looking at ebay, some of the big dealers have sold hundreds at $5099 - $699. The Balto PCGS 70 w/the Mint Director signature (assuming he was at Balto and signed) brought nearly $3K.

• Options

Label created.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

hundreds of raw coins have sold on Ebay for $700 - $750 this morning

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@HATTRICK said:

Yes, that seems to be the current eBay price, for now. I'd expect perhaps a peak of $800 or so and then probably a pullback.

• Options

@Raufus said:
    Looking at ebay, some of the big dealers have sold hundreds at $5099 - $699. The Balto PCGS 70 w/the Mint Director signature (assuming he was at Balto and signed) brought nearly $3K.

So, if you bought one at Baltimore and it was one of the hundred signed by Ryder, would he sign it again and would it be worth twice as much?

Inquiring minds want to know. Or not.

To grade, or not to grade, that is the real question. I may do it just to authenticate the coin...

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@HATTRICK said:

Yes, that seems to be the current eBay price, for now. I'd expect perhaps a peak of $800 or so and then probably a pullback.

Yeah, that's would follow the model of a normal sell-out coin. It'll be interesting to see if that happens with this one.

I'm really not sure if there was another coin put on sale from the Mint that had this sort of frenzy in the past decade.

It's going to be fun to watch. :)

• Options
    edited November 18, 2019 2:11PM

@MilesWaits said:
    I just don’t see how the impact of the ASE and AGE design change in 2021 wouldn’t have a long-term impact on this, the potentially lowest mintage “type1” ASE?!

According to an interview with Ryder, only the bullion will be changed in 2021. Proofs and Uncircs would come later, with no specified date. (Edit: If I had to guess, we will see a 35th anniversary set in 2021.)

This is David Ryder we're talking about. We could see another low mintage special finish "Ryder Special" next year. Then one for the new reverse. Then one for the Semiquincentennial. Then one for the... Well, you get the idea.

For those of you who wanted a permanent Mint Director, you got one... :D

(The product number for this coin says it's a special one-off, but we'll see. Heh.)

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:

Yeah, that's would follow the model of a normal sell-out coin. It'll be interesting to see if that happens with this one.

I'm really not sure if there was another coin put on sale from the Mint that had this sort of frenzy in the past decade.

I think the 2018-W Palladium comes close.

• Options

@Sweetpie said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

I think the 2018-W Palladium comes close.

I don't think it's at all close. As we discovered this year, the demand for the Pd coin is only around 15,000 which was the mintage for the Pd coin.

They sell hundreds of thousands of proof eagles every year. The latent demand is MUCH higher than the mintage, unlike the Pd coin.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@HATTRICK said:

ec
    I don't know about that for this one. Those that are paying $600-750 probably aren't buying to flip but to hold. So those are out of circulation and into collections. The permanent one per HH was perfect...and the bot reject allowed some (me) to get some the next day....they WERE available for a relatively decent time period

I think this beast has legs and the true impact will be after the dust settles down....30k is squat....

With that said I wouldn't buy or sell this on Ebay until it was in hand.....and they are shipping

• Options

@BigA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@HATTRICK said:

ec
    I don't know about that for this one. Those that are paying $600-750 probably aren't buying to flip but to hold. So those are out of circulation and into collections. The permanent one per HH was perfect...and the bot reject allowed some (me) to get some the next day....they WERE available for a relatively decent time period

I think this beast has legs and the true impact will be after the dust settles down....30k is squat....

With that said I wouldn't buy or sell this on Ebay until it was in hand.....and they are shipping

Don't get me wrong, I said "pullback" not crash. The peak activity will still probably be in the early going. The hype and excitement will die down and it will find its level.

I would love for the thing to fly high and far...I just don't really see it happening.

• Options

The hype and excitement will die down and it will find its level.

Makes sense....that's normal coin SOP....and then a probably slow rise to a new level...and then a slow rise. to...

Sorry...not trying to be too unrealistic here but I think this will be real

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Lots of folks will have these in hand in a couple or three days. It'll be interesting to see the market response then.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@92vette said:
    Lots of folks will have these in hand in a couple or three days. It'll be interesting to see the market response then.

So... you think people are WAITING?
    I don't see a flood coming, personally. The profit is there now of course, but who knows. I agree the coming month will be interesting

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people only got one so I think many will keep them and therefore kept off the market.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭

My first order (heh...) was confirmed at 12:01. Is there some advantage to getting one of the first? Something about the first 100?

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

I told my neighbor he should buy this coin. Never even thought about buying a coin before. he was able to get to the end and hit the place order. He immediately got the white screen of death. He gave up. Then to his surprise the order went through on the white screen of death. He got a confirmation email and his credit card dinged. Not bad for a first timer.

Wow. Even made it through the white screen of death. My computer just sputtered and stalled...it didn't like connecting through the thousands of others connecting at the same time.

• Options

@BigA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@HATTRICK said:

ec

How many were you able to get on Friday morning?

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@HATTRICK said:

There are now multiple coins in the $800 range with a smattering in the $900-$1000+ range. Two no reserve auctions closed at $820 and $861.

• Options

@Onastone said:

@JimTyler said:

I told my neighbor he should buy this coin. Never even thought about buying a coin before. he was able to get to the end and hit the place order. He immediately got the white screen of death. He gave up. Then to his surprise the order went through on the white screen of death. He got a confirmation email and his credit card dinged. Not bad for a first timer.

Wow. Even made it through the white screen of death. My computer just sputtered and stalled...it didn't like connecting through the thousands of others connecting at the same time.

One of the proxies I used was a newbie, I even had her practice the week before with the Delaware RP Innobuck. (i.e. refreshing the screen until it became available, etc.)

I figured with three of us working to get the coin, I'd get at least one. Bzzzt. Thank you for playing anyway...

• Options

@opportunity said:
    My first order (heh...) was confirmed at 12:01. Is there some advantage to getting one of the first? Something about the first 100?

Numbers on the CoA is not in any sort of order (does not represent strike order nor sales order), so your chance of getting a signed CoA is 0.33% like everyone else.

I typically get low order numbers (for a product), and many times get shipped late. F'rincstance, the Delaware RP. Early order number, didn't even get a label created until 5 days later, and was one of the last to ship.

So, in my best Harold Callahan voice, "Do you feel lucky, punk?" ;)

• Options

And, Coin World on the fallout...

Monday Morning Brief for Nov. 18, 2019: Anger over fast sellout

Honestly, I was disappointed when I got shut out, but wasn't angry. I would have been the first issue I've ever ordered from the Mint that I couldn't get. (Except for maybe the 1999 FSQ bags.)

Sooner or later, I'm going to lose. Hopefully, later. ;)

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@92vette said:

Perhaps....but over 2k+ of those were sold on a pre sale basis on ebay.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is one PCGS 70 on a BID sale with the COA currently at $1750.00 with 27 bids and about 9 hours left.

Here is the Description as I cannot post the link. Looks like a Pre Sale.

2019 S $1 SILVER EAGLE ENHANCED REVERSE PROOF PCGS PR70 FIRST STRIKE
    *******PERFECTION*****RAREST SILVER EAGLE EVER****

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Available for seconds again - could not checkout what was in my cart.

• Options

@Raufus said:

@BigA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@HATTRICK said:

ec

Two....one left in bag from Thursday, quickly checked out.

2nd.. not expecting success I logged into my friends account from scratch, entered the updated CC and checked out. Like day and night from Thursday obviously.

..and after that, just for kicks, I logged into my account...still available..got one in bag, got to the "confirm order" page and THEN it went dark (wasn't going to risk confirming a second one and risk the first)

• Options
    edited November 19, 2019 5:41AM

Less than two minutes this AM.

Now I need caffeine.

Edit: Too many are up... causing the site to hiccup a couple times.

Go to bed.

• Options

@pointfivezero said:
    Available for seconds again - could not checkout what was in my cart.

Same. I had PayPal set up and ready to go. Got to the submit order button and then it just froze up. Unlike Friday clearly there are a lot of people trying this morning the site was very slow.

• Options

@BigA said:

@Raufus said:

@BigA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@HATTRICK said:

ec

Two....one left in bag from Thursday, quickly checked out.

2nd.. not expecting success I logged into my friends account from scratch, entered the updated CC and checked out. Like day and night from Thursday obviously.

..and after that, just for kicks, I logged into my account...still available..got one in bag, got to the "confirm order" page and THEN it went dark (wasn't going to risk confirming a second one and risk the first)

Nice.

That was the golden opportunity of the whole release.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I tried to checkout and it froze up on me - it is still in my bag, but not available. We don't have a chance against the bots that are being used to order these...

• Options

@DotStore said:
    I tried to checkout and it froze up on me - it is still in my bag, but not available. We don't have a chance against the bots that are being used to order these...

Don’t give up until Sold-out is posted.

That hiccup freeze is nerve wracking but with the time so short I just hit reload and flip to secondary instance (or third, etc.)

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

In baseball terms:
    It is the bottom of the ninth
    The bases are loaded( coin in cart) and I have fouled off the first 2 pitches (attempts) both curve balls
    The pitcher is in his windup and here comes the pitch
    I take a mighty swing and drive the ball deep down the 3rd base line( made it to confirming order)
    Its hooking, hooking...foul ball! ( invalid item in cart)
    so I am still at the plate and will have to wait on the next pitch but I think the pitcher ( the mint) is going to not throw me a curve ball this time but a fast ball
    I am sitting on this pitch
    stay tuned for the outcome lol :o

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:
    In baseball terms:
    The bases are loaded( coin in cart) and I have fouled off the first 2 pitches (attempts) both curve balls
    I take a mighty swing and drive the ball deep down the 3rd base line( made it to confirming order)
    so I am still at the plate and will have to wait on the next pitch but I think the pitcher ( the mint) is going to not throw me a curve ball this time but a fast ball

Haha! You forgot to wave your hands to keep it fair... (Carlton Fisk)

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DotStore said:

@WAYNEAS said:
    In baseball terms:

Haha! You forgot to wave your hands to keep it fair... (Carlton Fisk)

I couldn't post my actual body movements or sounds emanating from my mouth at the time of rejection lol

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

Don’t give up until Sold-out is posted.

Exactly....

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

I don't get the hold up. Two orders on the first day, one with the higher order # shipped yesterday other still in processing. Three orders on Friday, all still in processing. All cards were dinged and one paid with Mint GC shows amount deducted. All orders received confirmation emails. At this point I'm thinking I may only get the one... I'd be fine with that as long as the COA was 00001 with Signature! :p

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file