Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE) Currently unavailable

Comments

• 3stars3stars Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sucks if you have a proxy server where a large amount of people have the same outward facing IP.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2019 5:21PM

@Onastone said:

@JimTyler said:
    Win some lose some. Lost this one.

Same here.

Dido...

Oh well, keep on swimmin...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2019 7:26PM

My newp Mint buyer daughter sat next to me on an iPad and managed to nail one at 0803 (Alaska), USM07200***. I, on the other hand (the veteran), could not get through the final "submit order" and crashed and burned. And hers has SHIPPED 2 hours ago!
    I think my problem was using PayPal on checkout. This is the second time PP failed on overloaded server days (duh). Anyone get through with PP payment?

Edited to add -- I agree with @jmlanzaf that this was actually a pretty fun challenge. We had 3 households gathering for a group buy/party and was a fun competition, we all worked our azzes off for 19 minutes. While I was the only loser :/ it was still exhilarating/frustrating and good that we got 3 out of 4 orders in -- at least my wife managed to get one for us (a second address). I commend the Mint on giving us coinnerds a modern scarcity for a change. And I would still say this even if I didn't get any. NO PAIN NO GAIN. More!! :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I do searches it looks like almost 600 separate eBay listings for these now and nearly 2,000 listed sold pre-sales and "confirmed order" sales. That is a lot of flipping.

• Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well...it was a cluster *&#< !
    I got one! Happy about that.
    Reading the multiple threads on this, it sounds like many didnt get one. All of the "oops something went wrong", pushing the add to bag button like 20 times and then screen going blank and refresh buttons, etc it was work, and it was exciting. I had 5 minions at work try, to no avail. Had them all log in and store info on the mint website prior.
    I think all the hype from this helps our hobby, just by drawing some attention to it.
    I'd do it again even if I didnt get one. $70 for the excitement that made my hands shake. Better than some roller coasters I have ridden. I would do it again in a minute!

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wooglout said:

Very nice!

• I decided to add a phone number for text msg updates... now I will keep wondering I If I had just press submit 3 seconds earlier... what if!

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

I agree that it was a fun? challenge to get one of these. OOPS took on a lot of different meanings and verbal translations while fighting through them all. I did feel somewhat like Andy from The Shawshank Redemption when he escaped by crawling through the sewage drain and was washed by the rain, raising his arms in a victorious rush of emotion.

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

yup .......

@ECHOES said:

@Onastone said:

@JimTyler said:
    Win some lose some. Lost this one.

Same here.

Dido...

Oh well, keep on swimmin...

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

man you guys lucked out I was on top of this to the second but it would not let me check out and said unable to accept this payment method which I've never seen before no idea what that means. I was easily able to get one into the cart and go through the whole check out process and check the confirmation but I kept getting that won't accept payment method ugh

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Avaiable this AM.

HHL is still in effect so if you already got one it’ll kick back.

Lasted about 3-4 mins.

Got one in the bag and have to wait for the HHL to be lifted. :o

• shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe their credit card server is screwed. My daughter's saved cc didn't show up and then the cart turned red.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:
    Avaiable this AM.

Lasted about 3-4 mins.

I wonder if they will lift the HHL or not this time. They usually do, but they've been experimenting with different things lately. Like the limit of 5 per order for the RP innobucks.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one this morning and used PayPal which wasn’t available yesterday.

Many happy BST transactions

It's amazing you had time to check out with PayPal

I thought that I was home free. It said processing your order only to get something saying that payment method is not accepted which I've never seen before and I know the card was fine and the security code and everything was fine. Did anyone else get this?

@jmlanzaf said:

@Hemispherical said:
    Avaiable this AM.

Lasted about 3-4 mins.

I wonder if they will lift the HHL or not this time. They usually do, but they've been experimenting with different things lately. Like the limit of 5 per order for the RP innobucks.

I’ll be “experimenting” for the next few mornings... ;)

Since I got the one in the bag it’ll reduce the overall time a bit.

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Flackthat said:
    @backroudjunkie
    Did they release more this morning? Or did you receive a confirmation email from a previous order?

They became available this morning.

Could be cancelled orders after they sifted through and found identical addresses, etc. Probably too early for CC cancels, so I'm not sure where these came from.

I and two proxies I had got shut out yesterday. I need to go play the lottery or sumthin'...

@Raufus said:
    It's amazing you had time to check out with PayPal

I thought that I was home free. It said processing your order only to get something saying that payment method is not accepted which I've never seen before and I know the card was fine and the security code and everything was fine. Did anyone else get this?

My PayPal is already linked it’s quicker than cc.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Hemispherical said:
    Avaiable this AM.

Lasted about 3-4 mins.

On the bottom of the countdown clock page, they mention they HHL's will remain in effect indefinitely, so my guess is not.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12461217/#Comment_12461217

• shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

No reason to remove HHLs in a sell-out. Maybe if 5,000 get returned.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC

@BackroadJunkie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Hemispherical said:
    Avaiable this AM.

Lasted about 3-4 mins.

On the bottom of the countdown clock page, they mention they HHL's will remain in effect indefinitely, so my guess is not.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12461217/#Comment_12461217

Thanks for the info, never noticed any countdown, but what else is there to do... :D

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had one still populated in my cart along with one other item, so that was why it moved so quickly for me

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get the impression that like me many others just wanted one for their collection and I think for some this morning that was achieved.
    And I also believe that is a bit of an extra rush added to the grueling process.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had 5 people try this morning and none of them even saw the "add to bag" option.

6AM central time right?

7:30 eastern

@cheezhed said:
    7:30 eastern

okay.. that was my problem we were half an hour early.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was on the side of the road with my cell. Started refreshing at 6:28 ct I was surprised when I saw that blue box turn red. Order went through without a hitch. I paid for next day shipping glad I did with all those orders in front of me.

Does anyone know If you sub these to PCGS or NGC if they return the OGP? My friend has one he wants to submit but wants the packaging back and if I have a leftover one after my commitment I may send one in too.

@MorganMan94 said:
    Does anyone know If you sub these to PCGS or NGC if they return the OGP? My friend has one he wants to submit but wants the packaging back and if I have a leftover one after my commitment I may send one in too.

There's a box you can check on the submit form, they charge a couple of bucks to return OGP. It will come back first class mail separate from the graded coin...

Coin World checks in:

Limited edition silver American Eagle sells out in less than 20 minutes

Due to overwhelming demand, the American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin is currently unavailable.”

The statement continued, “Should they become available, customers who signed up for remind me notifications will be notified.”

The U.S. Mint’s order fulfillment contractor, PFSWeb, will begin the process of order reconciliation to determine if any orders placed will be canceled because of expired credit cards or other payment problems.

Coins from canceled orders will be made available to those customers next in line in the ordering process.

Or, they could be offered during their stealth morning sales... :D

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Coin World checks in:

Due to overwhelming demand, the American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin is currently unavailable.”

The statement continued, “Should they become available, customers who signed up for remind me notifications will be notified.”

The U.S. Mint’s order fulfillment contractor, PFSWeb, will begin the process of order reconciliation to determine if any orders placed will be canceled because of expired credit cards or other payment problems.

Coins from canceled orders will be made available to those customers next in line in the ordering process.

Thanks BRJ. I wonder what they mean by "customers next in line in the ordering process"? For example, I have one in the cart, does that mean I am "next in line"? If so, should the Mint have accepted new orders this morning while so many of us have a coin in the cart?

For the record, I set the alarm for 3:50 AM PST time today. Dragged myself down to the computer, hit refresh for 15 minutes with no luck from 4 AM to 4:15 AM and then went back to bed only to find out they became available at 4:30 AM. :(

edited November 15, 2019 12:44PM

@BackroadJunkie said:

@MorganMan94 said:

There's a box you can check on the submit form, they charge a couple of bucks to return OGP. It will come back first class mail separate from the graded coin...

That’s ATS? For our host you write on the submission form “please return OGP” or if using the online forum enter it in the comment field.

For our host returning OGP is free.

Unless there’s been a change.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Coin World checks in:

Thanks BRJ. I wonder what they mean by "customers next in line in the ordering process"? For example, I have one in the cart, does that mean I am "next in line"? If so, should the Mint have accepted new orders this morning while so many of us have a coin in the cart?

For the record, I set the alarm for 3:50 AM PST time today. Dragged myself down to the computer, hit refresh for 15 minutes with no luck from 4 AM to 4:15 AM and then went back to bed only to find out they became available at 4:30 AM. :(

A coin in a cart means nothing. There is no commitment to buy or sell at that point.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Methinks the thread title could use an update to reflect that these pieces are now "readily available" ...with a caviat, of course.

• Apparently,, the U.S. Mint has some additional coins for sale at the Baltimore Whitman Show TODAY. When I left the show a little after 1pm, there were approximately 120 people standing outside in line for it.

• radiomanradioman Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I was able to get 1 this morning....:) :)

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

same question as a few above, if one is in your cart, do you have to remove it because it says in "bag summary remove from bag this item is no longer available in order to start over if there are a few available?

• SenateSaloonSenateSaloon Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    same question as a few above, if one is in your cart, do you have to remove it because it says in "bag summary remove from bag this item is no longer available in order to start over if there are a few available?

This morning at 730 am eastern time I was able to purchase the one in my bag from yesterday. I’m guessing I had a small advantage because it allowed me to bypass the first couple of steps. I basically had already gone through as many screens as possible, hit refresh at 730 then hit the final payment button. Worked great.

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, some folks actually walked through and got a 2nd 1. Seems there were around 200 left. I'll be curious to see if they offer any tomorrow. Different process today, stand in line, get a ticket and go straight to the Mint's booth.

@CollectsItAll said:
    Apparently,, the U.S. Mint has some additional coins for sale at the Baltimore Whitman Show TODAY. When I left the show a little after 1pm, there were approximately 120 people standing outside in line for it.

@SenateSaloon said:

@Goldminers said:

This morning at 730 am eastern time I was able to purchase the one in my bag from yesterday. I’m guessing I had a small advantage because it allowed me to bypass the first couple of steps. I basically had already gone through as many screens as possible, hit refresh at 730 then hit the final payment button. Worked great.

Just to clarify...

If you have one in the cart but they are unavailable when you get to the final screen it says there's an invalid item in your cart. so you're saying you went to that final screen with the red an invalid item is in your cart text, kept refreshing and that red print went away then you just completed the sale?

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Leave it in your cart for maybe a future availability.....hit refresh in the am and your golden to proceed from there. It DOES save time....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file