Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE) Currently unavailable

Comments

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:

@VanHalen said:

@opportunity said:
    Someone remind me to never use economy shipping from the mint again. I had forgotten how lousy Fedex's Smartpost is. Mine has had a shipping label since yesterday but still hasn't been scanned in.

Mine shipped FedEx SmartPost yesterday. It's sitting 200 miles from me right now and scheduled for delivery Monday the 25th!

Mine shipped Fri/15th and is supposed to arrive Wed/27th. That's messed up.

Whatever...I paid for slow shipping. I'm getting my money's worth.
    Lance.

Since I'm in the Loyalty Program, I'm getting my crap shipping for free! BWAhahahaha....

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

@Raufus said:
    My 12:11 Friday order it's not due until Monday.

How were you able to order at 12:11 on Friday? They were sold out in jig time Friday morning. I don't think they add more throughout the day do they?

Different time zone?

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:

@VanHalen said:

@opportunity said:
    Someone remind me to never use economy shipping from the mint again. I had forgotten how lousy Fedex's Smartpost is. Mine has had a shipping label since yesterday but still hasn't been scanned in.

Mine shipped FedEx SmartPost yesterday. It's sitting 200 miles from me right now and scheduled for delivery Monday the 25th!

Mine shipped Fri/15th and is supposed to arrive Wed/27th. That's messed up.

Whatever...I paid for slow shipping. I'm getting my money's worth.
    Lance.

That's really slow shipping. It must be a West Coast thing. I paid for slow shipping and the coin that mailed out on the 15th should be in my hands tomorrow. I'm on the East Coast. Even though the coin is a San Francisco minted piece, I'm thinking it will ship from Philly. Also note that the FedEx times are also a bit wonky. I think mine was originally due this Saturday, but the time was revised to this Thursday instead.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019 3:02AM
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not the first time a mint product pissed off a lot of people and there were hopes of an increase mintage, it never happens. Best chance keep checking mint at 7:30 et Monday through Saturday.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019 4:12AM

@morgansforever said:
    I sorta hope the Mint drops a bomb and strikes 30k more, think of all those Ebay returns :)
    How the heck did a few people get so many? I bet 25% of the mintage went to a few dozen dealers.

Is this seller

More than a few dozen dealers. I don't know of any dealers whi have thousands of coins, but several have hundreds.

There are also non dealers right on this forum who got over 10 coins by employing friends and family.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

nothing this morning :s

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@Raufus said:

How were you able to order at 12:11 on Friday? They were sold out in jig time Friday morning. I don't think they add more throughout the day do they?

Different time zone?

AS I said in one of the other 50 threads they were definitely available for quite some time on Friday. 1211p order time is definitely possible.

• Options
    edited November 20, 2019 5:50AM

@BigA said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@Raufus said:

Different time zone?

AS I said in one of the other 50 threads they were definitely available for quite some time on Friday. 1211p order time is definitely possible.

You are confusing days. The coins came available on Thursday at 12:00 and were available until about 12:18.

• Options

Ahhh...thanks for the correction on the day of the order. I was responding to the comment to the OP not the OP. Oops

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

Same here, however my order was on Thursday. A random batch of 100 shipping labels was diverted to the special processing unit to be placed on the boxes that contain the signed COA's. That is why they are the last ones to go live
    at Fed EX. B)

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

@opportunity said:

Has anyone who chose economy shipping had a shipped notice yet?

Yep. Mine shipped Budget ($4.95) on Saturday. It's 200 miles from me in USPS hands and scheduled for delivery Monday the 25th!

Tuesday , 11/19/2019 8:38 pm Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service

8:19 pm FEDEX SMARTPOST OSSEO, MN Departed FedEx location

9:14 am FEDEX SMARTPOST OSSEO, MN Arrived at FedEx location

Monday , 11/18/20191:30 pm INDIANAPOLIS, IN Departed FedEx location

2:21 am INDIANAPOLIS, IN Arrived at FedEx location

Saturday , 11/16/2019 1:01 am FEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN, MS Departed FedEx location

12:00 am FEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN, MS Arrived at FedEx location

• Options

@HATTRICK said:

@Raufus said:

Same here, however my order was on Thursday. A random batch of 100 shipping labels was diverted to the special processing unit to be placed on the boxes that contain the signed COA's. That is why they are the last ones to go live
    at Fed EX. B)

ME TOO...that makes it sense. Lucky us ;)

• Options

As always nothing guaranteed, however it is fun to dream. Best of luck to you and me.

MCM pre selling PF69's and Gem proofs in OGP for $950

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

Wow! that's out there for 69's but makes sense that the price is the same for OGP and the 69's....66 total available (OGP + 69 graded.

For 70's..."call"

• Options

It also would be interesting to see the Mint sales numbers as of Sunday....

• Options

@BigA said:
    It also would be interesting to see the Mint sales numbers as of Sunday....

Yes it would. Their last posted sales were as of Nov. 3. They are a little behind.

• Options
    edited November 20, 2019 6:26AM

@VanHalen said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@opportunity said:

Yep. Mine shipped Budget ($4.95) on Saturday. It's 200 miles from me in USPS hands and scheduled for delivery Monday the 25th!

Tuesday , 11/19/2019 8:38 pm Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service

8:19 pm FEDEX SMARTPOST OSSEO, MN Departed FedEx location

9:14 am FEDEX SMARTPOST OSSEO, MN Arrived at FedEx location

Monday , 11/18/20191:30 pm INDIANAPOLIS, IN Departed FedEx location

2:21 am INDIANAPOLIS, IN Arrived at FedEx location

Saturday , 11/16/2019 1:01 am FEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN, MS Departed FedEx location

12:00 am FEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN, MS Arrived at FedEx location

Well that's a normal progression for "Smart"Post.....I just got a text for my SmartPost that has been sitting at "Label Created..waiting for pickup" since Saturday.....went right to "Out for Delivery" with zip in between....

Edit: sorry for the multiple posts but it is just crappy weather outside and I have no ambition to leave the laptop...

• Options

@BigA said:
    Wow! that's out there for 69's but makes sense that the price is the same for OGP and the 69's....66 total available (OGP + 69 graded.

For 70's..."call"

There is always an attempt to cover up the price and the number of 70's in the beginning to go for maximum profit.

God bless America. Land of the free and home of the capitalist. >:)

• Options

I had been free from buying Mint products for several years and now they are pulling me back in.
    Time for a CCA meeting. "Coin Collectors Anonymous"

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

@opportunity said:

I got a shipping notice last Friday. Due this Saturday. I think they are walking it over.
    I would have paid for the faster shipping but since I had to enter my cc info 2 or 3 times during multiple crashes I just let all that go to default.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

@Raufus said:

That's the time that the order received email reflected. I was frantically trying on so many devices I don't know which one actually went through but that's the time that the order received email reflected

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@Raufus said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@Raufus said:

>

I'm sorry that was totally my mistake I meant on Thursday the initial release.

• Options

I don't know what how anything can be as slow as FedEx SmartPost.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

So then...how many of you are sending it sealed to a TPG vs ripping the box open first and having it slabbed later.

I have 2 on route and might just open them in the here and now.

I'd appreciate any thoughts?

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@Raufus said:

Different time zone?

Don't think so.

• Options
    edited November 20, 2019 7:18AM

@RichR said:
    So then...how many of you are sending it sealed to a TPG vs ripping the box open first and having it slabbed later.

I originally said I would open the boxes and send the coins in....now that I was reminded that to get the cert # on the slab , and it would be cool if it was a LOW number or signed, the unopened box has to be sent. No biggie, not a cert slabbing fan but I will send the boxes in for the number on the slab and request return of OGP.

I wonder if any of the MCM graded coins will have the cert number on the slab. The mock up pic doesn't show any number but the real ones might or might not.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019 7:23AM

@RichR said:

My order went to FedEx yesterday to PCGS. Be there Friday.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking of sending mine to PCGS for grading.

Question:
    Should I use Registered Mail or Priority Express?
    How do you guys send yours?

Thank you.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

Question:

Thank you.

Got mine is yesterday Chief and I put it in a envelope via Fed Ex 2 day delivery. Rushed over to Fed Ex before they closed last night. Now I can concentrate on going back to work. Course I am up in Alaska.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS is slabbing the cert? Does anyone have an image of what that will look like?

• Options
    edited November 20, 2019 7:45AM

@RichR said:
    PCGS is slabbing the cert? Does anyone have an image of what that will look like?

If you go to the very first PINNED Post it’s the PCGS announcement of this coin and COA and it has pictures there. :) Here is a link

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1027985/new-dual-encapsulation-of-u-s-mint-serialized-coas-alongside-2019-reverse-proof#latest

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

Let me see.

DHL has something called DHL eCommerce. I have a package coming from California via DHL eCommerce. Shipped on Nov 14, will probably get to me Nov 25-27, if not, then early December after Thanksgiving. DHL won't even give me an approximate arrival date.

UPS has a version called UPS SurePost. I ordered something from a store 20 miles away. Label created on Saturday, Nov 16, picked up by UPS Nov 18. Package then traveled to a hub 40 miles away, so they could xfer it to the USPS, and the package might get here today.

I think Truth In Advertising should make them all rename their service SuxPost...

• Options

@Raufus said:

I swear they intentionally slow them down so you want to pay for the faster service. Mine have been in Ohio for 2 days. I'm in Western NY, so they are maybe a 6 hour drive away but they are still estimated for next Monday. That would make 7 days from Ohio to Western NY. You almost could walk here faster. LOL

• Options

@HATTRICK said:
    As always nothing guaranteed, however it is fun to dream. Best of luck to you and me.

They sold 7 in a couple of hours and raised the prices to $1025 !

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

Question:

Thank you.

For about the same cost, which one is more secure? in event of loss I doubt that either would re-imburse you more than the cost of the coin from the mint.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a relatively low order number (07203xxx). I received the email saying the package shipped with free shipping on the 17th. Delivery day is scheduled for the 30th. I'm in California and the package is being sent from Tennessee. That seems odd to me since it is minted in San Francisco which is less than 200 miles away.

Why does it take 13 days?

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Esploding demand.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't ask who it's not my place to quote someone else but a high caliber buyer is at $800

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

And it may be that you can continue to repost that “don’t ask” at hundred dollar increments for the future.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

Last time I had issues ordering was for the 2015 Eisenhower Coin and Chronicles set. The website wasn't working properly, I think the Mintage Limit was 17,000 with Household Limit of 2. I got shutout but was eventually able to get 2 while checking for availability each morning in the following days. They are still in the sealed Mint Box... why do I buy this stuff when I don't even open the box to look at them???

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭✭✭

This coin will be one thousand dollars by Christmas.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@DCW said:
    This coin will be one thousand dollars by Christmas.

Well that's a safe prediction. It's already $1000.

• Options

@92vette said:
    They may be back down to $1000 by Christmas :)

exactly

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Well, the details on the S-Mint ASE ERP (American Silver Eagle, Enhanced Reverse Proof... There's a mouthful) has been released. Hmmmm....

American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE)

Mintage Limit: 30,000

Product Limit: 30,000
    Household Order Limit: 1

Price has been set at $65.95, $10 more than the proof.
    The product number 19XE suggests this will be a one year release as a special Mint product.

From the Mint's description:

The 2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin is the perfect gift for any occasion or addition to any collection.

Ha! At a mintage of 30K, not many of these'll be given away as gifts... ;)

I was hoping for a 50K mintage, but at 30K? That's a whole new ballgame. A pretty quick sellout. The 2017-S proof (with a mintage of 75K (congrats set, not mentioning the 50K later in the LESPS) sold out in 3 minutes with a HHL of 10. At 30K and HHL of 1, we're still probably looking at what a 10 minute sellout? This'll be fun...

I'll be in for one... :D

Why are they being sent from Georgia via FedEx Smartpost??

• Options

@HATTRICK said:

@Raufus said:

at Fed EX. B)

Why are they being sent from Georgia via FedEx Smartpost??

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone buying now on eBay should make sure the category is NOT bullion to take advantage of the current promo of 10% eBay Bucks (I'm not sure if it's specific to using the eBay App)

• Options

Is it worth getting this coin graded? I've never got a coin graded but was considering this one.

• Options

@BigA said:

@HATTRICK said:

They sold 7 in a couple of hours and raised the prices to $1025 !

Added 24 more.....price the same

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file