Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE) Currently unavailable

Comments

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

@HalfStrike said:

@7over8 said:
    Is it known if these will be available at the USM retail locations in Philadelphia, Denver, Wash DC??

Wow looks like a well behaved and orderly line . Are those unemployed Actors lined up at the back door over the wsekend ? Displaced GM workers seeking Employment with the Mint?

Soon , hopefully , displaced UAW staffers Will be lined up like that seeking a payout from another source of influence. Anywhere but the "Big 3".

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

they say you wait in lines 2.5 years of your life, self checkout will reduce that number a tad

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    they say you wait in lines 2.5 years of your life, self checkout will reduce that number a tad

So about twice the time that you spend on a toilet in one's life?

I wonder which one is considered more productive....

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

and speaking of #1 vs #2, I’m surprised we haven’t seen a new thread started on “where is my thread complaining of where my poll went, thread!?
    That will help distract you from the stress of the upcoming sale of this soon to be missing in action issue from the Mint.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    and speaking of #1 vs #2, I’m surprised we haven’t seen a new thread started on “where is my thread complaining of where my poll went, thread!?
    That will help distract you from the stress of the upcoming sale of this soon to be missing in action issue from the Mint.

Oh those polls... Wasn’t the first and second closed? Let’s see if there is a three? Hmm... maybe not. :D

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:

I'm sure he'll blame me.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2019 4:24PM

PCGS ANNOUNCES NEW DUAL ENCAPSULATION OF U.S. MINT SERIALIZED COAS ALONGSIDE 2019 REVERSE PROOF AMERICAN SILVER EAGLES

https://pcgs.com/news/pcgs-announces-dual-encapsulation-coa?utm_source=email&utm_medium=marketingemail&utm_campaign=email-pcgs-coa-2019nov8&spMailingID=60949028&spUserID=Mzc0ODE0NTk0NjgS1&spJobID=1761124182&spReportId=MTc2MTEyNDE4MgS2

This new service is being launched in conjunction with the new, low-mintage American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin, which will be accompanied from the Mint with COAs bearing a serial number. Collectors and dealers will have an opportunity to submit these coins to PCGS at the Whitman Baltimore Winter Expo, November 14-17, as well as by PCGS’ regular submission procedures.

Note: It will cost $15 to have the COA encapsulated. "Coins must be submitted in original sealed government packaging."

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that's sure different. Could I get my COA graded too?

• Options

Question for dealers... is there a premium for the encapsulated COA?

It would have to be more than the slab fee ($15) to be worth it.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

Question for collectors: would you pay a premium to have a piece of paper encased in plastic?

• Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

The Cert slab should also have the coin’s assigned PCGS number listed as well as the COA number. That way they are tied via mint coa number plus the Pcgs cert number. Just my opinion...

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

No on the COA!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

@Schmitz7 said:
    The Cert slab should also have the coin’s assigned PCGS number listed as well as the COA number. That way they are tied via mint coa number plus the Pcgs cert number. Just my opinion...

The coin does have the COA number and PCGS number. Why does the COA also need it? They are linked by the COA number.

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

If I recall the amount correctly, there's supposed to be 100 COAs personally autographed by Ryder. One of those might make it worth it to someone; just not me. :)

• Options

I suspect those signed ones are given to special people or sold at the Mint’s stores... ??

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

What could the possible rationale be for this unusual and extreme measure? I can't imagine a valid one.
    Has this been done before for any US or foreign coin?
    Are they anticipating a rampant counterfeit threat?
    I'm getting a whiff of a new profit maximizing opportunity being taken.

• Options

@smokincoin said:
    If I recall the amount correctly, there's supposed to be 100 COAs personally autographed by Ryder. One of those might make it worth it to someone; just not me. :)

Posted earlier in this thread:

• Options

@rip_f said:
    What could the possible rationale be for this unusual and extreme measure?

$15.

BWAhahahahahaha....

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

PCGS ANNOUNCES NEW DUAL ENCAPSULATION OF U.S. MINT SERIALIZED COAS ALONGSIDE 2019 REVERSE PROOF AMERICAN SILVER EAGLES

https://pcgs.com/news/pcgs-announces-dual-encapsulation-coa?utm_source=email&utm_medium=marketingemail&utm_campaign=email-pcgs-coa-2019nov8&spMailingID=60949028&spUserID=Mzc0ODE0NTk0NjgS1&spJobID=1761124182&spReportId=MTc2MTEyNDE4MgS2

This new service is being launched in conjunction with the new, low-mintage American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin, which will be accompanied from the Mint with COAs bearing a serial number. Collectors and dealers will have an opportunity to submit these coins to PCGS at the Whitman Baltimore Winter Expo, November 14-17, as well as by PCGS’ regular submission procedures.

Note: It will cost $15 to have the COA encapsulated. "Coins must be submitted in original sealed government packaging."

The question to be asked is...

...what slab box will this fit in?

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2019 11:35PM

Wonder if they will let me send in my Apollo 11 poster/pictures That I have collected. There a much lower count?

• Options

You all have seen the fold-able phone, yes? How about a fold-able slab. One half the coin, the other half the cert. Half tongue-in-cheek but maybe not....hmmmmm???

• Options
    edited November 9, 2019 12:24PM

A countdown clock, lol...

Note that last line... HHL's forever... :D

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the first time, each coin is also packaged with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity. Keep your eye on this one because Director Ryder has signed the first 100 numbered Certificates of Authenticity which will be randomly mixed into our inventory!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might just take the day off so In can have my 6 Lap Tops ready to PULL THE TRIGGER with NO distraction!
    Then come into work a few hours late.😎.
    Alaska time Would make it 8:00 am when they become available for me.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Hemispherical said:

Question for collectors: would you pay a premium to have a piece of paper encased in plastic?

Yes. What a great idea. I'm not allowed direct contact but it would be interesting to know who thought of this marketing option. I don't think it can be easily copied in such a nice "fit-to-card" slab by the other top grading service.

• Options

Based on some of the pre-sales/auctions on the Bay, the cost of the slabbed COA is nothing. :o

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many of these will be available thru the website/phone on the first day? I think it will be about 17.500. Many will be at the Whitman Show in Baltimore. Then there is the 4 mint stores allocations.

• Options
    edited November 9, 2019 8:00PM

@djm said:
    How many of these will be available thru the website/phone on the first day? I think it will be about 17.500. Many will be at the Whitman Show in Baltimore. Then there is the 4 mint stores allocations.

I don't think there's any chance they redirect almost half the mintage. I would be shocked if there were more than a few hundred at each Mint start and more than a couple thousand in Baltimore.

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

@djm said:

These will not be available at any retail mint locations.
    I wouldn’t think more than 1.000 at Baltimore

• Options

Interestingly, someone will post a pic of their purchase, from a Mint store... it happens.

• Options

From the Mint Press Release dated 11/8
    https://usmint.gov/news/press-releases/2019-american-eagle-one-ounce-silver-enhanced-reverse-proof-coin-on-sale-nov-14

The 2019 American Eagle Once Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin will also be available at the Mint’s sales centers in Washington, D.C.; Philadelphia; and Denver. Availability may be limited and subject to change.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    For the first time, each coin is also packaged with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity. Keep your eye on this one because Director Ryder has signed the first 100 numbered Certificates of Authenticity which will be randomly mixed into our inventory!

I wonder if there will be a bounty for signed certificate # 1 ?? ;)

Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

that set has probably already been spoke for, the mint has it reserved for a vip

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    https://usmint.gov/news/press-releases/2019-american-eagle-one-ounce-silver-enhanced-reverse-proof-coin-on-sale-nov-14

The 2019 American Eagle Once Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin will also be available at the Mint’s sales centers in Washington, D.C.; Philadelphia; and Denver. Availability may be limited and subject to change.

Interesting. I was personally at the USM retail location in Philadelphia on Monday the 4th - they specifically said the will NOT have any of these coins for sale - only online.
    I suppose the USM has revised their position. I will be in Philadelphia on the 14th - guess i'll be making a trip!

• Options

Aren’t the sales of all these products by a contractor, PFSWeb, or maybe a different GAO contractor?

I do not think the people at the Mint stores are GS employees.

@7over8 Please do let us know, post a pic, if you get one in-hand at one of the stores.

• Options

Will do. About 5 blocks down the street on the 14th. I will call to see what their process will be - line? tickets? etc.
    I suppose the USM purchase receipt would allow for "First Day of Issue" labelling as well - as PCGS has previously done.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

@oldgumballmachineswanted said:

@MilesWaits said:

I wonder if there will be a bounty for signed certificate # 1 ?? ;)

No doubt #1 Will be headlined very soon as changing hands at $100,000 ! Anyone in the mood for instant fame ?
    😂

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7over8 said:

@Kudbegud said:

Interesting. I was personally at the USM retail location in Philadelphia on Monday the 4th - they specifically said the will NOT have any of these coins for sale - only online.
    I suppose the USM has revised their position. I will be in Philadelphia on the 14th - guess i'll be making a trip!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

To make a deal to buy and allow the seller an out if he/she "says" I didn't get one is more than fair but leaving yourself open for shady sellers. Top out at $200 you'll get every one at $350. Up to $700 by the time they arrive you won't get as many. I have also honored deals that went up after I made the deal, I kick myself in the ass then ship. I bought 3 items from Chewy.com a couple weeks ago. There were only 2 in the box. I was pissed, not because of human error we all can make but because I now had to have someone believe I wasn't lying. It is unacceptable to me to have to tell someone I made a deal with that I can't honor my deal because I didn't get the coin and putting them in the position of having to believe me and thinking it is possible I'm cheating the buyer. I don't need it in hand before I make a deal just a confirmed order.

• Options

If you open to see the cert number you blew your chance to sell at unopened price. Not worth it.

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 465 ✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    If you open to see the cert number you blew your chance to sell at unopened price. Not worth it.

I dont think there is a difference between an opened and an unopened box price.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    Aren’t the sales of all these products by a contractor, PFSWeb, or maybe a different GAO contractor?

@7over8 Please do let us know, post a pic, if you get one in-hand at one of the stores.

AFAIK, the Mint stores are run by Aramark.

• Options

@Sweetpie said:

@JimTyler said:

You need to keep the box sealed if you want our hosts to encapsulate the CoA.

Not gonna be in that game... ;)

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

PFSweb is the fulfillment contractor. Meaning they run the ordering computers, box up the products ordered for shipment and ship. Like if you owned a manufacturing plant and had a contractor do the catalog portion of taking orders and shipping for a contracted fee. You would concentrate on making the product and the contractor would handle the sales and shipping for you.

I remember a post in a past thread confirming the mint gift shops are not mint employees but are a contracted service like in other government facilities, hospitals etc. Aramark is the current vendor.

The gift shop and the Denver Mint have the same address.

• Options

@Sweetpie said:

@JimTyler said:

That would be a first. You think you're getting the big bucks for open cherry picked coins ? Let me know how that works out for you.

• Options

@Sweetpie said:

@JimTyler said:

There is ALWAYS a price difference between an opened and an unopened box.

• Options

@Sweetpie said:

@JimTyler said:

From the Mint Press Release:
    It will cost $15 to have the COA encapsulated. "Coins must be submitted in original sealed government packaging."

So if you are sending in to PCGS for grading, with or without the COA encapsulated option, you will have to send the original sealed shipping box.

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    To make a deal to buy and allow the seller an out if he/she "says" I didn't get one is more than fair but leaving yourself open for shady sellers. Top out at $200 you'll get every one at $350. Up to $700 by the time they arrive you won't get as many. I have also honored deals that went up after I made the deal, I kick myself in the ass then ship. I bought 3 items from Chewy.com a couple weeks ago. There were only 2 in the box. I was pissed, not because of human error we all can make but because I now had to have someone believe I wasn't lying. It is unacceptable to me to have to tell someone I made a deal with that I can't honor my deal because I didn't get the coin and putting them in the position of having to believe me and thinking it is possible I'm cheating the buyer. I don't need it in hand before I make a deal just a confirmed order.

I agree, but I have to trust people to be honest. If they come through, I know who to rely on next time and they get the special price. If they don't...meh...that's why I keep my day job.

As I've said all along, if this coin fizzles I'm going to get everyone I locked in. If it gets hot, I might get none. LOL. You take your shot and see if it hits.

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

@Sweetpie said:

@JimTyler said:

From the Mint Press Release:
    "Coins must be submitted in original sealed government packaging."

So....you won't know if you have a certificate until PCGS opens the OGP for you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file