Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Next week the final golds will be shipping out.

Once everybody knows they will not be getting theirs the prices will start to go up again.
  • Say it ain't so Joe........

Cut Coin
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    It's a xmas coin and those willing to sit on them till November should do well.

I actually like the puzzle version.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't give the mint any ideas, please. image

Did you see the other coins and coin sets made by this artisan? Pretty amazing. Could make a unique gift to a collector.

LINK

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mint Troubles!

The mint dinged my credit card, so I've been trying to see what's been fulfilled. (Has to be a HOF coin.)

But the web site is down for maintenance. This morning, it was supposed to be down until 6am. Then, at 6am Eastern, they changed it to 11am. Now it's 6pm.

As a system administrator, I feed their pain... But I want to see what's going to be shipped! image
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

Don't give the mint any ideas, please. image

Did you see the other coins and coin sets made by this artisan? Pretty amazing. Could make a unique gift to a collector.

LINK >>

The puzzles are really neat and the guy does excellent work in cutting them. He does them all by hand and I know it takes him quite awhile to cut each coin, especially larger coins w/ more pieces. I've been selling his puzzles at Long Beach for the last couple of years and they are quite popular. Lots of fun and they're surprisingly difficult to put together as the pieces are so small and they are of course double sided. I've only had common coins cut so far... nothing too fancy except for a couple of modern commems. Had not thought about getting a baseball HOF coin cut though, haha!!!

Here's a pic of some of the others that we had on display at Long Beach... they're all at the top of the picture in the square black holders. Fun stuff!

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a rabid jigsaw puzzle fan.

Now, for only $1400, I could buy all 56 State Quarters, but them in a bag and shake it up...

Or not...
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know a rabid jigsaw puzzle fan.

Now, for only $1400, I could buy all 56 State Quarters, but them in a bag and shake it up...

Or not... >>

That's evil image

I had a guy buy one of the puzzles from me at the show last week who said he was going to take it apart and shake the pieces up before giving it as a gift... but at least it was only one coin, haha!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Next week the final golds will be shipping out.

Once everybody knows they will not be getting theirs the prices will start to go up again. >>

I don't think that is really going to move the needle one way or another. If prices do rise again, I doubt it will be attributable to a mass of buyers who suddenly realize at this late stage they are not getting their gold.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    In terms of hoped for demand…I just don't see the average Joe6pak baseball fan being a part of demand for the gold HOF….hundreds of dollars per coin….I don't see a lot of non coin collectors ponying up that kind of money.
    JMHO.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    You are probably right mariner67. But the half has some potential if the word gets out to more Baseball fans. There are plenty of fans and coins to fulfill the demand. If teams get on board letting fans know about these coins the demand might take off. Even if the only coin some one may own is one of these HOF coins..OMP or slabbed. The majority of fans, if polled, would be unaware of the HOF coins existences.

• Silver coins broken below $100 & Gold below $700. 2-3 more weeks of freefall?
    The gold will stop before the silver as there are not that many of them left to ship and not nearly as many overall.
  • I think everyone is gonna got tossed a curve ball with this whole wait in line game.
    Nice mint em 2 months later deal.. kudos mint whats next for the next site improvements?

I see PR Golds ending mid evening 27th before 6pm and Unc. Gold early next morning.

Why would the US Mint sell Young Numismatic sets when the parents obviously (who will be purchasing these for them anyway)
    not place an order early on for the uncirculated clads anyway? That make NO sense whatsoever!
    Is some hall of famer signing the books that come with the coin or whatever they slap together with them?

Happy Father's Day tomorrow!!!

Telsa is one of the greatest inventors
    of all time! Render to Caesar's what is
    Caesars and give to God what is God's.
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    I do not understand how there can be two different "last order" or "waiting list" times..

If the max was 50k TOTAL then they both should have ended (or gone waiting list) at the same time. Even if they intentionally sold more than the 50k (they did)... say..54k, then THAT number should have triggered the waiting list for BOTH.

The difference is not minutes. It is many hours (so far) and really doesn't jive that there were that many more proof cancellations/proof CC issues than with the unc

Unless, maybe, it took longer to mint the 2nd group of proofs and that's why the unc is getting significantly ahead in shipping times and they will eventually catch up.......I think I like that one best
    They just have no clue as to what they are doing just like the rest of this administration.
  • I undetstand the law says 50k combined BUT could the mint say heck with it and mint 50k of each? It won't be the first nor the last time our goverment broke its own laws! Could it be possible? These confirmed order times times just don't seem right. What do you all think?
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I undetstand the law says 50k combined BUT could the mint say heck with it and mint 50k of each? It won't be the first nor the last time our goverment broke its own laws! Could it be possible? These confirmed order times times just don't seem right. What do you all think? >>

The already published mintage numbers do not agree with that possibility.
    The mint still does not have it's website up after a day and a half.

Cluster what!
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The mint still does not have it's website up after a day and a half.

Cluster what! >>

It's been up for me all morning long
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    I have not been able to get in to it since Friday night.

It had maintenance on it all day yesterday into this morning and it does not even have that anymore.
    Is anyone else having trouble getting into the mints website?
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in just a short time ago.
    I have tried everything and just cant get in. I am on a Mac, i wonder if they did something in their maintenance to eliminate the macs.
  • Got in around 9am and again now at 12:28 et.
    Site is working fine for me, too. You might need to clear your cache/cookies.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    I did that but it still don't work. I will try again.
    Can someone give me a link to the website so I can try that?
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I did that but it still don't work. I will try again. >>

The website was down nearly all of yesterday. I got into it today and saw that my HOF dollar was supposed to be shipped on 6/6/14. I don't have a coin so that's just one more promise that was not fulfilled. They also posted an invalid tracking number which did not work when I tried it. They said they would ship me one of the coins in April, and they had that date up there for over a month after that. I guess they have not gotten back as many rejected coins as they hoped to get so I'm still waiting. I still believe that those who not received any coins by now are going to get the crummy coins that others have returned.

Last time I was on the site they were pushing the HOF half dollar despite the fact that they openly admitted that your order would instantly go into backlog. I guess they get points for honesty if not for service.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

<< <i>Can someone give me a link to the website so I can try that? >>

Here's a link:

US Mint

Thanks, I tried but it wont let me sign in for some reason.
  • goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭
    What browser are you using? IE Chrome I use Chrome much faster, try rebooting your pc/mac..
    That did the trick, thanks. I was using safari. I tried under firefox and got right in. it had worked ok on safari up until today. It must have been something the mint did in their maintenance.
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I logged right into www.usmint.gov right now on my iMac using safari.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I logged right into www.usmint.gov right now on my iMac using safari. >>

Same here....Safari works just fine on the mint website at this end.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    I don't know what the problem is. I can get in on firefox but not safari. I cleared the cache but that didn't help either.
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YESSSS!!!! My HOF gold n sliver is in stock and reserved. Does this equate to I'm getting it soon?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>YESSSS!!!! My HOF gold n sliver is in stock and reserved. Does this equate to I'm getting it soon? >>

Yes, but soon is relative

Mine was in most of last week

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What submission level do you use on the gold baseballs?
    Two pages in their own coin category on Amazon.
    LINK

• JefferyJeffery Posts: 115
    Seems more expensive to sell on amazon. 15% +$1?
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Got 100 UNC dollars and 10 UNC golds today by UPS 2nd day. Order 42945XXX 4:09PM.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start posting.... $$$$$$ image

Hoard the keys.
  • Hadn't checked in a while, but raw gold now sub $700 and raw silver are around $100.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What submission level do you use on the gold baseballs? >>

Modern @ $16 per coin
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What submission level do you use on the gold baseballs? >>

Modern @ $16 per coin >>

Thank you.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bullsitter,

Good luck with your submissions. May all your golds be 70's !!!!!!!
    imageimage

P.S. The mint seems to be having trouble without their Shipping Wheel. image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked my silver order on the mint website. It says proof was shipped today with tracking number, however

when I checked the tracking number on USPS site it shows it was shipped last Friday and is on truck for delivery today.

Man the life boats. The second wave of silver is comming!!!!!!imageimage

As you read this, order cancelled emails are being prepared for gold orders.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool it's about time they stop the pain.... image

Hoard the keys.
    Can you believe 1,700 posts in this thread? Does anyone know the record for most thread posts?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file