Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it was Jessewvu's thread "Apmex is selling 5oz ATB........" with 15,645 posts.

What a long strange trip it was!!!!!!!image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe it was Jessewvu's thread "Apmex is selling 5oz ATB........" with 15,645 posts.

What a long strange trip it was!!!!!!!image >>

You are probably right. Not sure how to search by most posts.
    Just going back page by page 20 pages I found these "active" threads:
    3,796 Barber Mega Thread 2
    11,499 Silver, Gold, Platinum Eagles, Buffalo Issues, Mints Intentions, Historical and current sales data for moderns

That APMEX thread really was a wild one.

I tried several searches and could not find it. I remembered that it was Jessewvu's thread and

when I put him in as the author it came up.

Here is a link to the thread. All 783 pages of it.

JESSEWVU'S THREAD
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bullsitter,

Good luck with your submissions. May all your golds be 70's !!!!!!!
    imageimage

P.S. The mint seems to be having trouble without their Shipping Wheel. image >>

Thank you Hat, I'm sending them off next Monday. I'll post the grades when I get them.

OPA, thank you for the advice, I thought it would be MODERN or REGULAR, just wasn't sure about the declared value.

One last spin........OH CRAP, another Mint bag.

From MsMorrisine on another thread

"<< They ran out of the mint bags so they sent the coin to replace it. >>

oh, yes.

I called and insisted on a supervisor as those CSRs can be hit-or-miss. We'll see how this plays out.

The supervisor says this type of thing happens from time to time where the shipping department ships, but the data is not uploaded right away.... and even though it is monday and mine shipped thursday and it still is not showing shipped online, she said it is electronically recorded somewhere and will eventually show up, and the odd lag time (3 business days and 5 calendar days) is not totally unheard of.

Ahhh...... even computers can't cure bureaucracy. >>"

Somebody has the mint's Shipping Wheel !!!! They are lost without it !!!!!!
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have (2) UNC Gold HOF $5 coins on the truck to be delivered today image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    I just got two proof halves today. They look very frosty. Nice coins. Waiting for various silver dollars to show up.
    I got my golds,,,,, image

they were out of the capsules,,,,,, rolling around,,,,,, all banged up,,,,,

I think that they were somebody else's rejected returns image

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Just kidding,,,,, image

Both look good,,,,, MS69 or MS70 coins image

GrandAm image
  • UPS tried to deliver my Gold Proof today but I wasn't home. They will try again tomorrow between 10A-2P.

I'm off tomorrow... and guess who isn't going anywhere until it arrives. imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• << <i>

As you read this, order cancelled emails are being prepared for gold orders. image

>>

Is this true? The last Gold coins are done?

If you have IS&R you are golden... if not... the emails are currently being sent?
  • JefferyJeffery Posts: 115
    Not really expecting my 28 Mar 2:00 AM Gold order to be filled, but no email yet. . . .
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not really expecting my 28 Mar 2:00 AM Gold order to be filled, but no email yet. . . . >>

same here...my March 28, .. 2PM order...no email yet and expected shipping date remains 6/30...but I'm not holding my breath.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does not sound like any additional gold has moved to ISAR in the last several days...still optimistic along with the 2am crowd.

My prf silver booty finally shipped, orders as late as 0215hr 3/28 are in flight for tomorrow delivery. Unc is still 6/19 b/o.

HEY Pitboss and any others with Mac browser probs with the Mint, I found the cure -- at least with Firefox. It's been plaguing Macs for years since they have a much more robust and secure operating system (hehe), you just have to purge the cookies more often when they hold you back.

Firefox/Prefs/privacy/history/remove individual cookies (this is a link)/type "mint" into the search box/hit "remove all cookies" ==> back out and DONE. Of course this will kill any cookie with "mint" in it, so you can be more selective if needed. No need to reboot, just go back to the mintsite and try again. Safari is likely similar.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5:28 pm order for PR gold shipped today.

Order number: 42953xxx

Order Date: 03/27/2014 at 05:28 PM

My last order. I'm outta da game now! Thank you US Mint!!!
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone give me their opinion on this scenario.

I just received my 6 proof HOF silver Dollars.

Is it worth it to have them graded by PCGS?

$16 x 6 = $96 + $8 + S&H both ways = ~$150

~$150 /6 = $25 fees per coin

Cost: $52 + $25 fees = $77

What are current PCGS PR69's and PR70's selling for now?

Any advantages to holding onto the raw coins in their Mint packaging?

Thanks for any and all advice.
    Goldbully,

With a mintage of 400,000 it will be tough to make much money as the second wave is shipping and there will be a boatload for sale.

Previously shipped first strikes will drop like the gold did but still maintain a decent profit. PR70's will make only a small premium (imo)

as there will be so many available. It will be tough for the market to absorb all that will be available. Hopefully in time if the excess is absorbed the

premium will increase a little. In my opinion 69's will be a loss.

It is a tough call as they have potential but the huge volume will be hard to overcome.

• GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Just got shipping confirmation of my gold unc, Order #: 42963XXX

Did not expect that, but am pleased, and look forward to having it in my collection.
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Order number: 42959XXX
    Order Date: 03/27/2014 at 07:03 PM
    Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD PROOF $424.75 1 unit shipped on 06/17/2014

Order number: 42981XXX
    Order Date: 03/28/2014 at 07:23 PM
    Order Status: Your order request is in process.

2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD UNC $419.75 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 06/30/2014.

I'm happy about the proof gold shipping today. Expected delivery on Thursday. Probably out of luck with the uncirculated gold, but until the cancellation email arrives, I'll cross my fingers and hope!
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Order number: 42959XXX
    Order Date: 03/27/2014 at 07:03 PM
    Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD PROOF $424.75 1 unit shipped on 06/17/2014

Order number: 42981XXX
    Order Date: 03/28/2014 at 07:23 PM
    Order Status: Your order request is in process.

2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD UNC $419.75 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 06/30/2014.
    ! >>

Thank you.

...that just about confirms my belief that there couldn't have been two different gold "sold out" times (unc & pf) and they both went to waiting list status at the same time. It made no sense to have a sellout of one and not the other since the "sellout" was triggered by a combined number of sales. Shipped PF order times are getting very close to shipped UNC order times
    You are most likely correct BigA. It is nearly impossible to confirm anything based on the mints shipping order.

after a long period of time you can come up with a best guess and thats about it. With what we see in shipping issues

does anybody believe they will ship exactly 50,000. There are too many opportunities in their shipping system for errors to occur.

They should know what is left for gold orders by now, however sending the cancelled order emails is probably a low priority as

they will now be swamped with shipping silver and clad coins. Orders are showing up at peoples doors before the mint updates

their account or sends shipped emails.
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You are most likely correct BigA. It is nearly impossible to confirm anything based on the mints shipping order.

after a long period of time you can come up with a best guess and thats about it. >>

Actually, you can probably confirm that by looking at the Tuesday production updates. The numbers for both the Au and Ag proof and uncirc fluctuate, but always add up to 50K (400K for the silver). Just compare that to the raw Monday numbers. If the difference in the raw and production numbers vary, then there's a single list. (I have the numbers, so when I have the time I'll take a look.)

<< <i>With what we see in shipping issues

does anybody believe they will ship exactly 50,000. There are too many opportunities in their shipping system for errors to occur. >>

There are several different numbers, but I don't think they track how many they ship. The three numbers they do seem to track, are the number of orders, the "final" number sold, and the number minted.

In sold out issues like the HOF $1 and $5, the number ordered is highest number since there will be returns without replacements, and taking orders for cancellation/wait list purposes.

The next highest number is the number minted. I really do think that in the end, they strike the stated mintage of the coins. (They may actually strike more than the stated mintage for returns and replacements. I would assume they destroy those extras.)

That "final" sold number is always lower than the max mintage. I suspect the "missing" number of coins are those that were minted but not (nor intended to be) released to circulation (i.e. sold), but are being held by the Mint and Smithsonian for historical and display purposes, given to government officials (maybe even the designer) ), the subject of the coin (in this case the HOF), etc.

The lowest number would be the "shipped" number, since there were a lot of coins that were directly sold to the consumer at the Baltimore show and even the mint stores, I believe. (Were these available a places like the Philly Mint Store?)
    >>

They should know what is left for gold orders by now, however sending the cancelled order emails is probably a low priority as

they will now be swamped with shipping silver and clad coins. Orders are showing up at peoples doors before the mint updates

their account or sends shipped emails. >>

Sending cancellation e-mails will take just a couple of minutes. It would probably take longer to write the "Sorry, we're going to kill all your hopes and dreams, better luck next time" message.

And I really doubt any cancellation e-mail will go out until about two weeks after the last coin is shipped. (There is a 7-day return period.) I suppose they could send cancellation notices to the top 8 or 9 thousand on the waiting list, but there'd be no reason to do that, since it would only fuel more speculation they don't need right now... image
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The lowest number would be the "shipped" number, since there were a lot of coins that were directly sold to the consumer at the Baltimore show and even the mint stores, I believe. (Were these available a places like the Philly Mint Store?) >>

One quick clarification and a question:
    Earlier in the thread it was pointed out that the Mint Stores are vendor run selected like any other vendor by bid and not as Government owned or run. They get their supply of coins by purchase from the mint but directly unlike regular customers. We weren't given exact details of the process they use but I seem to remember that Aramark, a big food and services company, was the vendor.
    Where are these daily production numbers available?

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My silver proofs, ordered on 3/28, arrived today. I'm impressed. It's unlikely that any loose capsule complaints will surface with this product. It takes a "crow bar" to pry them loose from the case. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>My silver proofs, ordered on 3/28, arrived today. I'm impressed. It's unlikely that any loose capsule complaints will surface with this product. It takes a "crow bar" to pry them loose from the case. image >>

Whack the case in the palm of your hand and they loosen up a bit..a couple of mine poped right into my hand..they are VERY tight though
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My silver Proof arrived today. Ordered 3/27 4:59 PM.

I didn't open the box but it rattles like a marble in a coffee can.

My silver Unc from the same order was supposedly shipped today, thus completing my first day order.

Edit: Has anyone predicted or have knowledge of when the silver actually sold out?

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Why didn't you open the box?

<< <i>Why didn't you open the box? >>

Good question. I don't know why. No real reason, I'll get around to it.

Maybe I'm hoping they'll extend the FS cutoff date. image

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

• My Gold Proof arrived today. Was not easy to get it out to look at. Beautiful coin.

2 Silver Proofs will be here by the end of the week.... and 2 more sometime in July. Ill leave the last 2 in the box... unopened. In case they get really hot and people are looking to buy.. Ill have 2 in a sealed Mint box so they know they weren't cherry picked. But I will open the first 2 and check them out.
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received my two gold versions, sure are tiny suckers. Unc. silver on the way image
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • BillsonBillson Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    has anyone seen this? my silver dollar HOF says "8 units backordered. Expected to ship on 06/12/2014." How can this be as today is 06/18/2014. Back to the future?
    image[/URL][/IMG]

Successful BST transactions:
    Buy and sold to Wondercoin,
    Buy from: mbogoman, sol15g

• << <i>has anyone seen this? my silver dollar HOF says "8 units backordered. Expected to ship on 06/12/2014." How can this be as today is 06/18/2014. Back to the future?
    image[/URL][/IMG] >>

yes lots of people have. its the goberment and dates mean nothing!

<< <i>has anyone seen this? my silver dollar HOF says "8 units backordered. Expected to ship on 06/12/2014." How can this be as today is 06/18/2014. Back to the future?
    image[/URL][/IMG] >>

Hey, There's no crying in baseball. Besides you got a bag. image

• thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mint said my HOF gold proof (finally) shipped today - ordered on 3/27/14.
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Went back a few pages to try to find latest CC ping for HOF coins. Looks like the latest:

Gold Proof: 27 Mar 7:32PM
    Gold UNC: 27 Mar 10:09PM
    Silver Proof: 28 Mar 02:15AM
    Silver UNC: 27 Mar 7:13PM
    Clad Proof: 29 Mar 11:12PM
    Clad UNC: (Did not find any dates for these going back to page 78. Pls update if you have info)
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One bag, otherwise 0 for 3. I have two estimated ship dates come and go.

One member was kind enough to sell me a Proof $5 gold, which is my favorite piece. I figure I will get a half dollar from the mint sometime since it is not a sell out. As for dollar, if I get nothing, which what I expect, I'll wait a couple years and buy it cheaper in the secondary market. I am close to being finished with orders from the mint.

As for the $5 gold I ordered one Proof, have been back logged, and expect to get nothing or a scratched up reject.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does not sound like any additional gold has moved to ISAR in the last several days...still optimistic along with the 2am crowd.

My prf silver booty finally shipped, orders as late as 0215hr 3/28 are in flight for tomorrow delivery. Unc is still 6/19 b/o.

HEY Pitboss and any others with Mac browser probs with the Mint, I found the cure -- at least with Firefox. It's been plaguing Macs for years since they have a much more robust and secure operating system (hehe), you just have to purge the cookies more often when they hold you back.

Firefox/Prefs/privacy/history/remove individual cookies (this is a link)/type "mint" into the search box/hit "remove all cookies" ==> back out and DONE. Of course this will kill any cookie with "mint" in it, so you can be more selective if needed. No need to reboot, just go back to the mintsite and try again. Safari is likely similar. >>

I don't know how to purge my cookies and would be afraid to try it as everytime I try to change something on my mac I screw it up and end up making a trip over the see the boys at the genius bar at mac. They fix it free but it is way over on the other side of town.
    The really disgusting thing is some us order just one of each coin for our collections and get nothing. Some of you brag that you 100 silver dollars and 10 gold coins. How do you think that makes the rest of us feel? Why don't take your winnings and be quiet about it?

This far worse that the Batanical Gardens Matte Proof nickel fiasco some years ago. It has really caused a lot of hard feelings toward the mint ordering process.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • JefferyJeffery Posts: 115
    Can not someone who received 100 coins be as happy about it as someone who gets 1? IMO it is the mint & their procedures one should be upset with. I personally hope everyone post what they got (& more importantly when their order was placed!)
    ...and if the person that wanted one coin logged into the Mint website at the same time as the 100 coin guy Mr. "I only want one" would have also got his/her coin. It just took initiative and a bit of time in the WR

I got my total 3 of each (in hand) and they were placed at two different times in the afternoon.....if you wanted them they were there for the asking
    If you had access to the Internet during the few days they were available which I did not. It all goes back to the "unlimited" number that were sold at the Baltimore coin show. That massive distribution was unfair to most collectors, and I am not alone in that opinion.
  • Has anyone received a Clad Uncirculated Half-Dollar? Would like to fill the last spot for most recent shipment???

<< <i>...and if the person that wanted one coin logged into the Mint website at the same time as the 100 coin guy Mr. "I only want one" would have also got his/her coin. It just took initiative and a bit of time in the WR

I got my total 3 of each (in hand) and they were placed at two different times in the afternoon.....if you wanted them they were there for the asking >>

Most would like everything to be available on their schedule at their pace, however it does not work like that. Many times you have to make yourself available if there is

something you want or find a third party to do it for you. image

Plenty are available by third party sellers for thoes who, for what ever reason, were not able to get in on the initial opportunity as is the case with many things in life.
    Reminder,

Next week is quarterly inventory at the mint. There will be no shipping going on next week.image

MY last silver coin is in the mail. I will put it in SDB raw and save for grandchildren.
    They sure have a lot of inventories and stuff going on over there.

They should just spend their time and energies shipping out what they have sold.

Then they would not need as many inventories as the shelves would be bare.
    I guess if we send these to PCGS we should leave them in the capsule as the curvature would easily damage the coin in a flip.

I saw another member wanting these capsules,,,,,, are submitters having any luck getting them returned to you from grading if you ask for them back?

I would just like to have all the OMP including the capasule in case you ever want to put it back to OMP.

GrandAm image
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Reminder,

Next week is quarterly inventory at the mint. There will be no shipping going on next week.image

MY last silver coin is in the mail. I will put it in SDB raw and save for grandchildren.
    image >>

Of course I have some silver scheduled for next week....
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess if we send these to PCGS we should leave them in the capsule as the curvature would easily damage the coin in a flip.

I saw another member wanting these capsules,,,,,, are submitters having any luck getting them returned to you from grading if you ask for them back?

I would just like to have all the OMP including the capasule in case you ever want to put it back to OMP.

GrandAm image >>

Yes if you ask for it back you should get them back. These should definitely be sent to PCGS in the capsule.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    I finally received my proof silver HOF coin today, ordered on the first day of release. Not sure if it's somebody's return or reject but it looks good to me. Now awaiting my one unc. coin, it's supposedly on its way.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
    I have known for weeks that my last order of 2 uncirculated ordered on 4/28 would not get here so i am satisfied with the 8 gold I got.
    The silver rush is about ready to come though.
    Any thoughts on how the prices will do on these once they are unloaded on us.
    Will the jump in precious metals have any affect?
  • ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    My opinion is that eh now that the hype has died down somewhat these coins will eventually become what all U.S. commems have done, they will come down in price with maybe a small premium overall because of the design.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file