Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There were about 7-8 BINs today between $700- $800. They lasted less than 1 hour each. Check completed sales Tuesday.

To be this strong during the flood.....nevermind.

Cheapest BIN is $830, bet it's gone tonight. I just raised the price of mine.....image >>

image This is a spring shower, the flood will occur in 2-3 weeks when the 20k+ left to ship go out! >>

You say flood, I say Tsunami...image
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image This is a spring shower, the flood will occur in 2-3 weeks when the 20k+ left to ship go out! >>

Yes, I can't wait, my 3rd order is in that wave. I'm in no hurry either, I got some talllllllll stilts......image
  • ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image This is a spring shower, the flood will occur in 2-3 weeks when the 20k+ left to ship go out! >>

Yes, I can't wait, my 3rd order is in that wave. I'm in no hurry either, I got some talllllllll stilts......image >>

Bullsitter

I always enjoyed your comments but you may need Noah's Ark.

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any way you l@@k at it it's profit if you bought it from the mint..... I'm in 6 on there way and 20 more will be shipped when ever i can hold off for a bit. But once they start canceling other orders it will start up once again. image

Hoard the keys.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

The flood is passing you buy. People have not been watching close enough. Last week 20,000+ gold coins were shipped.

The majority of the gold coins have been shipped. This week is cleanup and order cancelled emails will be going out by the end of the week.

Next week the silver will start up and that will be a tsunami. And before you ask. Yes, I do have two big crystal balls.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    I am now a veteran. I was tired of seeing senior in my title. I have only been posting for a year, however I have been reading every day since 2010.

I have learned a lot and had a lot of fun here.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    I guess you need 501 for it to change . Well here it is. Good luck to all with the HOF coins.

imageimageimageimage
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey guys,

The flood is passing you buy. People have not been watching close enough. Last week 20,000+ gold coins were shipped.

The majority of the gold coins have been shipped. This week is cleanup and order cancelled emails will be going out by the end of the week.

Next week the silver will start up and that will be a tsunami. And before you ask. Yes, I do have two big crystal balls.

image >>

How do you figure the "majority" have been shipped? What do you base that on? I have orders at the 3:45/3:55 hour that have not shipped. At what time did they supposedly sell out?
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The majority of the gold coins have been shipped. This week is cleanup and order cancelled emails will be going out by the end of the week. >>

No basis in fact at all. My order from 4:00 Eastern still has not been filled. The sellout wasn't until a few hours after that, so there are plenty of gold HOFs left to be shipped...
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>gold coins down to $750 now, silver ones also tanking. >>

Gold coins at or below $750 will be gobbled up and resold in the near future for $950 +image >>

when those Mint orders are shipped at end of month better to be a buyer than a seller
    It's funny how everybody's opinion seems to fit their situation. Gold coins shipped from Monday thru Friday last week.

From the postings I saw of orders shipped from my 1:05 order to 3:30 by Wednesday which totaled over 14,000 orders. Even allowing for

non gold orders, a number of single orders and wherever they got to by Friday they easily shipped in excess of 20,000. A lot of people

are going to be singing the blues when they find where the cut off really was and receive their cancelled order emails. Got my raw coins for the grand kids

and just watching for a challenge to my forecasting skills as I love to play with the numbers. Don't bother to flip any more as I had enough fun with the Beanie Babies

which paid for my house, several cars, my daughter's graduate college and doctorate, her trips to Italy and European concert tour, an extravagant wedding & honeymoon for my daughter, my daughter's

house and plenty left for retirement. GOD BLESS TY WARNER !!!! LIFE IS GOOD !!!!!!!
    Here's a status check of eBay listings for HOF Baseball Gold Coins from Thu 6/5 to Mon 6/9:

o Listing of gold coins increased from 233 to 332 listings.
    Listings can include boxes of multiple coins. Price levels appear to be dropping for raw coins.

o Listings of PCGS and NGC graded coins declined slightly from 102 to 98.

o Listings of PCGS graded coins increased slightly from 54 to 56.
    PCGS FS Grade 70 coins (no autographs) remain in single digit availability.

The previous post about the three levels of pricing still seems to hold.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's funny how everybody's opinion seems to fit their situation. Gold coins shipped from Monday thru Friday last week.

From the postings I saw of orders shipped from my 1:05 order to 3:30 by Wednesday which totaled over 14,000 orders. Even allowing for

non gold orders, a number of single orders and wherever they got to by Friday they easily shipped in excess of 20,000. A lot of people

are going to be singing the blues when they find where the cut off really was and receive their cancelled order emails. Got my raw coins for the grand kids

and just watching for a challenge to my forecasting skills as I love to play with the numbers. Don't bother to flip any more as I had enough fun with the Beanie Babies

which paid for my house, several cars, my daughter's graduate college and doctorate, her trips to Italy and European concert tour, an extravagant wedding & honeymoon for my daughter, my daughter's

house and plenty left for retirement. GOD BLESS TY WARNER !!!! LIFE IS GOOD !!!!!!! >>

You sound somewhat defensive for someone supposedly so self-assured. JMHO.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    "You sound somewhat defensive for someone supposedly so self-assured. JMHO."

No need for me to be defensive. Just stating some of my assumptions for coming up with the numbers.
    As I have said in prior posts.

1. I am just a collector with limited knowledge of coins. most of which I learned from this forum.
    2. I am not into flipping as I have made what I need during the Beanie Babies years " God Bless TY Warner"
    3. My area of expertise is numbers so I try to apply them to what I see and predict the outcome just for fun.
    4. If I am correct, great If I am not, It doesn't bother me a bit.

I am just in it to add another piece of data to the mix. Don't claim to know it all and advise all not to make your
    decisions based on my opinions alone.

Collecting is Fun !!!! and discussing it on the forum is Fun !!!!!! Everyone enjoy !!!!!!

<< <i>This week is cleanup and order cancelled emails will be going out by the end of the week. >>

<< <i>4. If I am correct, great If I am not, It doesn't bother me a bit. >>

Irrefutably, you are incorrect on the above assumption. My order, 4294xxxx 4:00 PM, for 3 each of the gold HOFs just went to "In Stock and Reserved". image
    Here's some thoughts about the possible releases of HOF Baseball gold coins in June:

o Current PCGS populations of graded HOF Gold Coins as of 6/10:
    oo Unc. $5 - (1,254 coins)
    oo Proof $5 - (1,690 coins)

o Authorized Sales per US Mint report in Coin Update as of 6/4:
    oo Unc $5 - (17,974 coins)
    oo Proof $5 - (32,026 coins)

o If we double and round the first releases (First Strike)
    oo Unc $5 (1,254 x 2 => 2,500 coins estimated)
    oo Proof $5 (1,690 x 2 => 3,500 coins estimated)

o Estimated HOF Baseball Gold Coins being released in June by US Mint
    oo Unc. $5 (17, 974 - 2,500 = 15,474 coins)
    oo Proof $5 (32,026 - 3,500 = 28,526 coins)

oo Total = 15,474 + 28,526 = 44,000 coins being released in June!

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This week is cleanup and order cancelled emails will be going out by the end of the week. >>

Irrefutably, you are incorrect on the above assumption. My order, 4294xxxx 4:00 PM, for 3 each of the gold HOFs just went to "In Stock and Reserved". image >>

Getting there.....I am watching my 4:58pm order...still not IS&R but there is hope I guess

Is 4pm the latest successful (IS & R) order time so far?
    My order at 420 pm just went IS&R.

<< <i>

Irrefutably, you are incorrect on the above assumption. My order, 4294xxxx 4:00 PM, for 3 each of the gold HOFs just went to "In Stock and Reserved". image >>

Don't jump the gun yet. I am glad you are getting your order. At 4:00 you are most likely near the cut off according to my estimate. If they have all the remaining gold coins

in stock they will be cleaning up this week and the order cancelled emails will go out by or over the weekend.

If not what difference does it make?

Why do so many people feel it is their mission in life to throw mudd and disprove others peoples opinions that do not agree with their's.

Have fun !!!! Enjoy !!!!! LIfe is good !!!!!!!!!

image Beer is God's proof that he loves us.
    Good luck to everyone who is finally receiving their gold coins. Whatever reason you are getting them for, do not panic.

The gold coins will have leggs and climb back to a decent price. They have barely tapped the market they will appeal to.

Filling in for two of my key employees this week so most of my free time will be tied up. No more posting for a couple of days.

P.S. My gold uncirculated coin is on the truck for delivery today. I hope my wife is awake to sign when it comes.

edited for spelling

<< <i>P.S. My gold uncirculated coin is on the truck for delivery today. I hope my wife is awake to sing when it comes. >>

I'll bet the truck driver will be quite surprised when your wife starts belting out her HOF song!!!image
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I just had 3 orders go in stock and reserved:

1 proof gold 4:28

6 proof silver 4:42

1 unc gold 6:53

It looks like the proof gold was the first of the golds to sell out while the uncirculated kept on going for a while.

I would not be selling any gold at this point to cheaply because I think they will be going back up pretty quickly.

But what do I know.
  • unspendableunspendable Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    my order at 4:03 and 4:32 is IN@R...

<< <i>

<< <i>P.S. My gold uncirculated coin is on the truck for delivery today. I hope my wife is awake to sing when it comes. >>

I'll bet the truck driver will be quite surprised when your wife starts belting out her HOF song!!!image >>

Especially if she is not appropriately dressed when she goes to the door.image
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order # 42953xxx at 5:24 PM............ISR.....Unc. Gold

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'll bet the truck driver will be quite surprised when your wife starts belting out her HOF song!!!image >>

Especially if she is not appropriately dressed when she goes to the door.image >>

image I have won the " Your typing sucks " award more times than I care to remember, also not very good at spelling. Thank god for edit.
    My uncirculated gold at 6:53 that just went "in stock and reserved" must be one of the last to make it I would think.

The proof had to have been sold out by that time.

I wonder if I can get "last strike" on it.

<< <i>My uncirculated gold at 6:53 that just went "in stock and reserved" must be one of the last to make it I would think.

The proof had to have been sold out by that time. >>

I think you're right on both counts. Looks like this is the last big wave, so Hattrick will probably be partially right in that Order Cancels will be going out soon after the last gold is shipped. I wonder what the demand will be like from those that got shutout...

My CC just got dinged, too, so shipping should be imminent...image
    I still have 3 proof and 2 uncirculated left and my price is going up not down.

I feel that when the cancelation notices go out the price will jump and I intend to be up there waiting when that happens not having given my coins away to cheap.

My cc just pinged for several orders:
    5:28 pm Proof gold - still BO, expected to ship 6/30 order # 42953xxx
    5:11 pm Proof gold - still BO, expected to ship 6/30
    4:09 pm PR/UNC Gold - ISR
    4:02 pm PR Gold - ISR
    3:54 pm PR/UNC gold - ISR order # 42944xxx

They are moving slowly but surely at this point. 9000 orders between 3:54 and 5:28 order of mine. I think the sellout time was between 6-7 pm iirc? Has the sellout time been accurately pinpointed by anyone who really knows whats going on at the Mint?
    I think you are out of luck on those 2 proof golds after 4:30.

<< <i>I still have 3 proof and 2 uncirculated left and my price is going up not down.

I feel that when the cancelation notices go out the price will jump and I intend to be up there waiting when that happens not having given my coins away to cheap. >>

My coin club was offered more than 10 HOF gold coins each by 2 different dealers... under 700.00 ..these gold coin are a keeper .. but still headed lower

• Paulyaces76Paulyaces76 Posts: 294 ✭✭
    I think I have the latest unc. gold so far In stock and reserved 8:53 P.M. just went!
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was out of town on the first day of sales and travelling most of the next day. Didn't get my order in until about 6pm on 3/28.

All of my coins say backordered with expected ship dates later this month. Not very customer friendly if the Mint later says too bad, you don't get it after telling me backordered and giving me a ship date for the past few months!!!

We'll see what happens I guess.

• HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Who got this one?

<< <i>I think you are out of luck on those 2 proof golds after 4:30. >>

Really? That would be a new early milestone! I read anything before 7 was more likely.
    I wish you luck on those 2 but I doubt it will happen.

They did not have many cancellations on the gold from what I understand and the proof were the first to sell out.
  • Placed an order at 9.37

Gold unc in stock

Gold proof back ordered 6/30
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Received my UNC and PR gold yesterday.
    Order Date: 03/27/2014 at 01:58 PM
    Order number: 42931xxx
  • nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who got this one?

image >>

I'd feel a lot better for them if those were soft plastic tongs!image

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any thing can happen i thought back in 2006 that i was not going to get one of my orders it was placed after the so called cut all the cancelation notices went out but one of my orders was shipped dont know how or why but it worked out. We dont know but some my have over ordered on the limit or there CC did not work or what ever. All we can do is sit and hope we dont get the Sorry we can not full your order message from them. As soon as the frist one go's out then we will know. Till then sit tight hold on and get reddy for the bumpy ride. image

Hoard the keys.
    I really don't expect to get any more of my gold orders so will just sit here and see how many of the silver orders come in.

<< <i>Any thing can happen i thought back in 2006 that i was not going to get one of my orders it was placed after the so called cut all the cancelation notices went out but one of my orders was shipped dont know how or why but it worked out. We dont know but some my have over ordered on the limit or there CC did not work or what ever. All we can do is sit and hope we dont get the Sorry we can not full your order message from them. As soon as the frist one go's out then we will know. Till then sit tight hold on and get reddy for the bumpy ride. image >>

some of the gold 2006 Anniv sets were shipped in mid December ..months after sellout.. likely returns
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    POPULATION UPDATE

It used to be Sunday when I could see the population updated but it is now Tuesday.

As you can see, no MS $5 golds and just 6 PF were graded last week. Other than the random sealed box submissions it looks like the gold FS's are about done with grading. FS halves and $1 picked up a little but this could be a last push to get grading done before the glut of FS ineligible submissions really start clogging the system.

Non-FS are starting to show a rise in grading just as expected. Massive shipments are clearing out the back orders. The question will be if non-FS will really be an issue for submitting HOF coins for grading. I think maybe a tiny bit but not to a big degree. Those who want certified grading will still get it done.

$1 show the biggest jump in submissions.

I started a chart for the increases week to week for the Non-FS total submissions.

edited to correct top image

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think you are out of luck on those 2 proof golds after 4:30. >>

Really? That would be a new early milestone! I read anything before 7 was more likely. >>

Both my PF and Unc gold from 458p are IS &R
    Great, you must be close to the end.
  • Paulyaces76Paulyaces76 Posts: 294 ✭✭
    My 8:53 PM was just pinged. Cancel box gone. It was UNC , but never thought I would get it. LOL
  • I'm so happy. imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Order Date: 03/27/2014 at 04:50 PM

2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD PROOF 1 $424.75 $424.75 In stock and reserved

And Credit Card pinged for full amount.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

This was the ONLY coin I really wanted. I went back the next day and ordered 2 Silver Proofs... and before Silver sold out I placed an order for 2 more Proofs and added 3 Half Dollars Proofs before the price went up.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>POPULATION UPDATE

It used to be Sunday when I could see the population updated but it is now Tuesday.

As you can see, no MS $5 golds and just 6 PF were graded last week. Other than the random sealed box submissions it looks like the gold FS's are about done with grading. FS halves and $1 picked up a little but this could be a last push to get grading done before the glut of FS ineligible submissions really start clogging the system.

Non-FS are starting to show a rise in grading just as expected. Massive shipments are clearing out the back orders. The question will be if non-FS will really be an issue for submitting HOF coins for grading. I think maybe a tiny bit but not to a big degree. Those who want certified grading will still get it done.

$1 show the biggest jump in submissions.

I started a chart for the increases week to week for the Non-FS total submissions.

edited to correct top image >>

Thanks Kudbegud for all your hard work.

I had some good news today.
    My order for 6 silver proofs ordered at 5:36 pm opening day is now...............

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file