Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭
    The flood on eBay has begun!
  • JefferyJeffery Posts: 115
    I should clarify I meant the quantity of ungraded gold coins. There are 10 "Buy it Now" gold coins under $1000. With the prices so high just a week ago I thought they would stay in the $800 range thru the flood, but now I'm thinking $700?
  • ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I should clarify I meant the quantity of ungraded gold coins. There are 10 "Buy it Now" gold coins under $1000. With the prices so high just a week ago I thought they would stay in the $800 range thru the flood, but now I'm thinking $700? >>

Jeffrey

Here are some links that can be used to monitor eBay activity:

2014 Baseball Gold on eBay

PCGS & NGC Graded Baseball Gold Coins

PCGS Graded Baseball Gold Coins

Current count on Thur 6/5
    233 gold listings on eBay
    103 PCGS & NGC graded gold coins on eBay
    55 PCGS graded gold coins on eBay

Just some thoughts....

Edited to change coins to listings. Some new listings are boxes of multiple coins.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3/27 1:05 order still in stock and reserved. The week before credit cards were pinged someone tried to change address
    and put charges on my card. My CC bank caught it and cancelled my card and sent me a new card. I changed my card
    on my account to another card and thought that would be ok. When people on the forum said there orders were going INS
    I checked my account that night only to find mine was in stock and reserved, however the status was on hold. I called customer
    service the next day and they said my card was declined because changing the card on my account did not change it on existing
    backorders. She corrected the card and pinged my account and said I am in luck as the coins are here and ready to be shipped.
    She said watch for my shipping email. This was last week and when I saw orders shipping Monday and Tuesday and mine had not
    shipped I called again. This time the customer service rep said I was still on the pick list and she was suprised they just did not cancel
    the order. She said I probably was lucky they put it on hold because of my long history of mint orders. Could not get any definate answer from
    her except that maby it would ship by Friday or Saturday.
    Two things to remember:

1. If you change your credit card also call customer service and make sure any existing orders get corrected.

2. If order is put on hold for any reason, once correctd you move to the bottom of the batch for shipping.

Unfortunately this time the batch was thousands of orders and my 1:05 order will be at the bottom instead of at the top
    of a large group that was in stock and reserved.

Hopefully I will at least get my coin.imageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here but i did all you said to and all is good.

But in till every one rec there cancelation order the price will go up and down for a bit then take off. But that is just me dumb thinking Type2.image

Hoard the keys.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grading question on these gold baseballs.

FIRST STRIKE is no longer available, so would it be worth sending some in if you thought they were 70s?

Thanks for your advice...image
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i> The week before credit cards were pinged someone tried to change address and put charges on my card. >>

How does that work? Did they guess at an order number and call the mint to change the address?
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Grading question on these gold baseballs.

FIRST STRIKE is no longer available, so would it be worth sending some in if you thought they were 70s?

Thanks for your advice...image >>

I am going to wait and see where prices settle at for slabbed vs. raw, then see if there is enough of a difference to justify grading.
    I will compare prices on 69 vs. raw to 70 vs. raw, then make the call.
    Either way, I am in no rush to send them in since the FS window is closed.

<< <i>

<< <i> The week before credit cards were pinged someone tried to change address and put charges on my card. >>

How does that work? Did they guess at an order number and call the mint to change the address? >>

It was my credit card account they changed, not my mint account. They change the address on your credit card account so

they can order online to ship to that address, also gives them more time before you realize you did not get your bill and discover the

bad charges. Luckly my credit card service company discovered it in time and cancelled the card. More credit card companies now have

better fraud depts. that moniter changes to accounts and charges that are out of the norm for your account.

When the mint pinged my card it was declined as that card had been cancelled. That made my order go on hold.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

<< <i>Grading question on these gold baseballs.

Thanks for your advice...image >>

Bullsitter

I can't predict the future as well as your shipping wheel, but grading the gold baseballs might be worthwhile.

If the US Mint continues the great job (wow - a compliment for a change) on producing the gold baseballs, the percentage of 70s might continue to be high
    and there might be a higher market demand for those rather than the raw coins.

This might not be the trifecta but might be the daily double (Grade 70 + autograph) ?

Just my thoughts...

Edited to add the daily double.
  • PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I should clarify I meant the quantity of ungraded gold coins. There are 10 "Buy it Now" gold coins under $1000. With the prices so high just a week ago I thought they would stay in the $800 range thru the flood, but now I'm thinking $700? >>

There may be a glut of gold HOF offerings on Ebay currently...since the mint has resumed shipping these coins....But remember...there are many whom still do not know if their orders will be filled or canceled due to the poor order notification on the part of the mint....I believe when the mint cancels those over allotment orders....and people find they will not be getting the gold HOF coins....you will then see a steady rise in the price of the gold coins....

Auctions less than 900.00 will be bought quickly....after the glut.....RAW prices should become stable in the 1100.00 to 1300.00 range....
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    There are just so many different labels and 1st strikes and what ever else that is taking these coins and so few gold to go around that they will maintain their value.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a difference 7 days make....

Don't be fooled by the temporary glut and low raw gold prices. Once the light hearted flip thier coins
    the real demand and prices will return. PCGS 70's will remain high due to their low numbers. These coins
    are a great crossover to the baseball fans and the real hof autographs on the PCGS slabs will surley boost demand for the gold coins.

As for the silver coins, the mintage number is high enough that the second wave will cause the prices to tank as the flippers
    trip over themselves. They will eventually recover to the 50% - 100% over cost level.

Another call to CS and my coin finally is shipping today.imageimage
    It looks like a blue light special today. I am still signed on and posting and my light bulb is blue

as they all are right now.image
    The blue light special is over and the bulbs are yellow again.

Looking foward to batting 500 soon.image
  • DCWDCW Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My god, it's hysterical watching the BST light up with forum members "undercutting" each other in increments of $25.
    Someone will list for $900, than $875, then a blowout special appears at $800, and a "do I hear $775...?"
    Hopefully, it all stabilizes in a few weeks. My last set came today, and I will not sell into this frenzied fire sale.
    Good luck to everyone still waiting...

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

Nothing wrong with making $300 to $400 a coin profit.
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    I got my proof and unc today. They are gorgeous and I am going to keep them. I have another order in and if I receive that I may sell them. If not, these are keepers. They are just too pretty for me to sell.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
    I have not even looked at mine.
    They are in single boxes and have sold 3 of my 6 gold so far and all 6 of my silver.
    Have more coming which are all paid for with what I have sold.
    Not a bad deal.
    Information posted also in another thread:

<< <i>Here are some thoughts on the HOF $5 coins after reviewing eBay activity the past few days:

o eBay Listings for HOF $5 increased from (233) on Thur am 6/5 to (322) Sat am 6/7.
    oo Some are multiple coins in boxes so the number of available coins has increased more than just the listings.

o Listings for PCGS and NGC graded $5 coins has remained fairly steady from 102 to 106.

o PCGS FS MS70 and FS PR70 (without autographs) remain scarce with availability in single digits.

Just some interesting data points. >>

I have sold 3 of my unopened boxes with single coins in them with more to come I hope.

These have the best chance of finding a 70 as they have not yet been looked at.

With the mad scramble of HOF signers lined up for 70 coins these unopened boxes will be hard to come by in the future.

Baseball people go crazy for the authentic autographs and baseball coin collectors even more so.

I am not interested in collecting them but there are still lots of those out there that want to find the 70's and they are harder and harder to find as people put there dud coins on the market and keep the good ones.

They must be nice coins to look at but I have not personally seen one yet.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    Definitely a glut on ebay for the gold. I have my price set. If no one buys because of the glut no big deal.
    You have got to know when to Hold UP. And now is the time.image

• << <i>You have got to know when to Hold UP. And now is the time.image >>

Damn…now I can't get Kenny Rogers out of my head…

"you gotta know when to hold 'em…know when to fold 'em…"

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
    I sold a few to pay for the rest but now will hold for higher prices. The ones I have left are free and clear.
    VirginiaCollector,

Be careful. Once Kenny Rogers gets in your head, you will want to Take your love to town.image
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    An opening day release NGC PF70 gold went for $5100 with 17 bids. Insane.

Sellers on ebay are undercutting each other for the raw gold now.
    Copied from another thread:

<< <i>In the wild wild world of HOF Baseball gold coins, there seems to be multiple levels of coin prices:

o Level 1: PCGS First Pitch and NGC Opening Day labels from the coins sold in Baltimore. The prices on these gold coins seems to be rising based upon the auctions and eBay listings. These are the highest priced HOF baseball gold coins. There were only 200 proof and 200 unc. sold in Baltimore.

o Level 2: PCGS First Stike and NGC ER labels (without autographs). For whatever reasons, the initial US Mint release and minting of these gold coins has clearly been delineated by these labels. The PCGS populations have not been increasing very much in the latest reports. There are an unknown number of gold coins entombed in sealed boxes waiting to be graded. The number of PCGS FS Grade 70 coins (without autographs) still remain in the single digits on eBay. As noted in a previous post, there is a tug of war between collectors and marketers over the FS Grade 70 coins which are desirable for the marketer's trifecta (First Strike + Grade 70 + autograph).

o Level 2a. This will be the non-First Strike Grade 70 coins. To date, the number of these has been very low to date but will increase as the current US Mint releases increase the supply and these coins are sent to PCGS for grading. The increase will probably be seen starting in late June as the PCGS grades them. This might be valuable for the marketer's daily double ( Grade 70 + autograph)

o Level 3: raw coins. The current shipping of gold coins has greatly increased the supply of raw coins. The FS deadline of 5/6 and NGC deadline of 5/8 have passed and no more FS labels except for those in sealed boxes. This is the level most impacted by the great increase in supply. We will see how low they go.

Just some thoughts... >>

Edited to add Level 2a
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You got it Ferg1975. Consider it a test charge to verify the card is authentic and has available credit. You'd be surprised at how often merchants do this.[/q

Mint looking to cancel orders that will not accept test charge..

<< <i>

<< <i>You got it Ferg1975. Consider it a test charge to verify the card is authentic and has available credit. You'd be surprised at how often merchants do this.[/q

Mint looking to cancel orders that will not accept test charge.. >>

Last week my gold order was put on hold because my CC declined the test charge due to recent fraud activity on my card.
    When I called CS to change cards I was told that she was surprised they did not cancel my order. She said it was probably
    because of my long history of mint orders that they just put on hold. It still delayed my order from being shipped on Monday
    until Friday.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices on these seem to have dropped somewhat significantly on ebay of late to around $800 for the gold even in sealed boxes. With the fees, that's just about $725 net. Any thoughts on what pricing for these will be like going forward?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    I have no idea but the future looks good.

We expected them to drop in price once they all hit the market but they will be scooped up quickly and shall see what happens from there.

There are not that many of them and as demand for the autographed ones heats up the prices should rise back up.
    I still think once the glut of raw coins passes the gold prices will creep back to the $1000 range. Sellers have had a taste of this level & now a certain "expectation" has been established. Only question is if the buyers will step back up to this level once they have seen gold selling at $800 range.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I still think once the glut of raw coins passes the gold prices will creep back to the $1000 range. Sellers have had a taste of this level & now a certain "expectation" has been established. Only question is if the buyers will step back up to this level once they have seen gold selling at $800 range. >>

Thousands more need to be shipped. I see the mid/upper 500's in the future for the $5's. Then settling around 600. There are some people wearing rose colored glasses around here.

<< <i>

<< <i>I still think once the glut of raw coins passes the gold prices will creep back to the $1000 range. Sellers have had a taste of this level & now a certain "expectation" has been established. Only question is if the buyers will step back up to this level once they have seen gold selling at $800 range. >>

Thousands more need to be shipped. I see the mid/upper 500's in the future for the $5's. Then settling around 600. There are some people wearing rose colored glasses around here. >>

Yes as always, and some people are wearing dual eye patches.image
  • We're working as fast as we can!

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Last week my gold order was put on hold because my CC declined the test charge due to recent fraud activity on my card. >>

And the bank did not issue you a new account no even with recent fraud activity? Your comment does not compute. Did the Mint "ping" the old acct no or the replacement one.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony can not be too happy when they only have one of his signatures on a Gold HOB out there, and it has gone no where!!!

eBay Link

<< <i>Yes as always, and some people are wearing dual eye patches.image >>

Is this a Hall Of Bull coin ?

"Tony can not be too happy when they only have one of his signatures on a Gold HOB out there, and it has gone no where!!!"

When you can get a proof with the same autograph for $ 2,500, only a clueless sucker would pay over that price, which is still too high.

The population of autographs is a worthless number as far as coins go.

There are many more PR70 MS coins out there.

<< <i>

<< <i>Last week my gold order was put on hold because my CC declined the test charge due to recent fraud activity on my card. >>

And the bank did not issue you a new account no even with recent fraud activity? Your comment does not compute. Did the Mint "ping" the old acct no or the replacement one. >>

I said on page 76 of this thread that this happened two days before the "ping." I changed the card on my mint account but did not realize you had to call customer service to have the card changed on any open orders so when they pinged it, it was my old card number that was declined.
    I had customer service correct both open orders and now everything is ok.

As previously stated the order going on hold delayed shipment from Monday to Friday as being placed on hold looses your place in shipping order and you fall to the end of all orders that did not have a problem with the ping. I was lucky I was watching my account and discovered the hold.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    gold coins down to $750 now, silver ones also tanking.
    LATEST GOLD UNCIRCULATED TODAY SOLD FOR $863 ON EBAY

LATEST UNCIRULATED GOLD SALE

<< <i>gold coins down to $750 now, silver ones also tanking. >>

Gold coins at or below $750 will be gobbled up and resold in the near future for $950 +image
    Seeing sub-$800 gold. (May have been others, but not on there now) on ebay.
    There were about 7-8 BINs today between $700- $800. They lasted less than 1 hour each. Check completed sales Tuesday.

To be this strong during the flood.....nevermind.

Cheapest BIN is $830, bet it's gone tonight. I just raised the price of mine.....image
    The flood is very shallow and the water is rapidly evaporating in this 100 degree weather.

There are just too few of these gold and too many places to put them including many going into safes to not see the light of day for a long time.

<< <i>There were about 7-8 BINs today between $700- $800. They lasted less than 1 hour each. Check completed sales Tuesday.

To be this strong during the flood.....nevermind.

Cheapest BIN is $830, bet it's gone tonight. I just raised the price of mine.....image >>

image This is a spring shower, the flood will occur in 2-3 weeks when the 20k+ left to ship go out!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file