Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone received a Clad Uncirculated Half-Dollar? Would like to fill the last spot for most recent shipment??? >>

I received mine on 6/10/14.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just shipped today image

Hoard the keys.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordered some coins on 3/28 around 6pm and just got a shipment email for the silver proofs and clad proofs. All others are still on backorder...

At least something other than the mint bag is finally on the way image

• << <i>

<< <i>Has anyone received a Clad Uncirculated Half-Dollar? Would like to fill the last spot for most recent shipment??? >>

I received mine on 6/10/14. >>

If you do not mind, what was the date & time of your order?

<< <i>

<< <i>

I received mine on 6/10/14. >>

If you do not mind, what was the date & time of your order? >>

3/27 4:59pm est

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

• ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    recieved my unc. gold today
    ordered at 4:30

btw, ngc nolan ryan label unc. 69
    sold for $635 tonight on the bay.
    figglehorn
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My opinion is that eh now that the hype has died down somewhat these coins will eventually become what all U.S. commems have done, they will come down in price with maybe a small premium overall because of the design. >>

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • JefferyJeffery Posts: 115
    Ty . Latest known orders to ship:

Gold Proof: 27 Mar 7:32PM
    Gold UNC: 27 Mar 10:09PM
    Silver Proof: 28 Mar 02:15AM
    Silver UNC: 27 Mar 7:13PM
    Clad Proof: 29 Mar 11:12PM
    Clad UNC: 27 Mar 4:59PM
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Reminder,

Next week is quarterly inventory at the mint. There will be no shipping going on next week.image

MY last silver coin is in the mail. I will put it in SDB raw and save for grandchildren.
    image >>

Not exactly accurate....

It only pertains to expedited shipping for new orders.

"Due to the United States Mint’s quarterly inventory, expedited shipping will not be available for orders placed from June 23 through June 29, 2014."
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My opinion is that eh now that the hype has died down somewhat these coins will eventually become what all U.S. commems have done, they will come down in price with maybe a small premium overall because of the design. >>

Not exactly an accurate statement.

2001 Buffalo still commanding a substantial premium and the HOF may fall into that category.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Not exactly an accurate statement.

2001 Buffalo still commanding a substantial premium and the HOF may fall into that category. >>

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, gee! I got me a clad proof in the mail today! Silver ordered with the clad is still backordered, though. (Ordered 3/29, 2pm.)

It's the absolute last coin I'd want from my list of backordered HOF coins, but it is the first one received since my initial shipment April 7.

Still have no hope for my March 28, 4am gold proof, though...

BTW, the proof half rattles in it's capsule. I don't remember my initial coins rattling. (They're slabbed now.) Is this normal?
  • spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    They rattle if you get close to them. (ha)!

<< <i>Actually, you can probably confirm that by looking at the Tuesday production updates. The numbers for both the Au and Ag proof and uncirc fluctuate, but always add up to 50K (400K for the silver). Just compare that to the raw Monday numbers. If the difference in the raw and production numbers vary, then there's a single list. (I have the numbers, so when I have the time I'll take a look.) >>

So I ran some numbers on orders to date. I guess I've been looking at the raw numbers, but not the adjusted numbers.

Raw is the raw numbers published by the Mint on Monday.
    Increase is the increase in orders (based on the raw numbers.)
    Adjusted is the adjusted Tuesday numbers.
    Cells in yellow means the issue was sold out.
    (I wish this forum would support tables, instead of having to post an image... image )

Interestingly, the number of raw orders fluctuate, but the adjusted Tuesday numbers do not. Either the Mint isn't bothering to run through the orders to re-adjust their adjusted numbers, or they've fixed the mintage of proofs and uncircs.
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, gee! I got me a clad proof in the mail today! Silver ordered with the clad is still backordered, though. (Ordered 3/29, 2pm.)

It's the absolute last coin I'd want from my list of backordered HOF coins, but it is the first one received since my initial shipment April 7.

Still have no hope for my March 28, 4am gold proof, though...

BTW, the proof half rattles in it's capsule. I don't remember my initial coins rattling. (They're slabbed now.) Is this normal? >>

I got an email that a Proof half dollar has been sent to me. That too is at the bottom of my list and probably the late HOF coin I'll see from my order.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    Got the gold unc today, and really like it. Relief is very low on the obverse, but I imagine they didn't have much choice on that. Beautiful coin. Hoping for more cool designs...
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • JJSingletonJJSingleton Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered the both the dollar and half dollar coins. All ordered by 4:30 pm on the first day and I am glad to say that as of today I have all four now in my possession. What an amazing show of customer service. Will the mint ever learn?image

Joseph J. Singleton - First Superintendent of the U.S. Branch Mint in Dahlonega Georgia

Findley Ridge Collection
    About Findley Ridge

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I said several years ago I would never deal with the us mint again and I went ahead and gave them another chance wit the HOF coins.

Still just a big snafu as it always is.

They will not get me again, I guarantee you.

I want a Kennedy set but will not buy it from them.

I will get them elsewhere.

I even cancelled the rest of my incoming orders for the HOF coins so you guys can have them.
  • ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    Numismatic News Article on HOF Baseball Coin Deliveries

Gold coins to be shipped out by end of June.

Unc Silver coins to be shipped by end of July.

Proof Silver coins to be shipped by mid August.

By that time everyone will have forgotten about them and moved on and those holding them will be wondering why they did.
  • every order I placed the 1st day between 7pm and 730pm has been filled and shipped. I got gold prf and unc and silver prf and unc. Orders I placed in april still show the cancel box. I sold all my gold unc and prf and silver prf to forum members with only 1 unc left and a cheap price on the bst to move fast. I am happy how I made out and put the money made to my kids tuition for the next year. I sold for "fair" prices and it seems we are all happy.... what more can I ask for?
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    I am comparing these HOF silvers to the buffalo silvers since all the silvers all sold out too. But it may take several years for these to appreciate. I remember buying a 2001 silver buffalo proof for $80 from a dealer in 05. Currently these are around $135-$150 raw. Probably a hold for at least 5 years to see what happens. But if you can sell these for $135 now I think that is probably the saturation point on these HOF silvers if you compare them to buffalo silvers with close to the same mintage. I don't see these getting any higher. JMHO.
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Numismatic News Article on HOF Baseball Coin Deliveries

Gold coins to be shipped out by end of June.

Unc Silver coins to be shipped by end of July.

Proof Silver coins to be shipped by mid August.

image >>

August. Wow, just wow.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    POPULATION UPDATE

Note the big jump in FS MS $1 and FS PF halves. My supposition is a big dealer is selling a lot of the silver $1 in both MS & PF and is restocking before the glut of non-FS slabbed coins hit. The FS PF halves are the more affordable alternative to the $1's.

The submissions for non-FS increased significantly only for the PF $1. Maybe collectors are only sending in the best bet for grading rather than the whole set. Maybe more of the PF's were shipped 2 weeks ago.

• PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Note the big jump in FS MS $1 and FS PF halves. My supposition is a big dealer is selling a lot of the silver $1 in both MS & PF and is restocking before the glut of non-FS slabbed coins hit. The FS PF halves are the more affordable alternative to the $1's.

The submissions for non-FS increased significantly only for the PF $1. Maybe collectors are only sending in the best bet for grading rather than the whole set. Maybe more of the PF's were shipped 2 weeks ago. >>

Yes...But NOTE the ratio of PR70 Halves compared to MS70 Halves......PR70 halves are about 33% (614 out of 1837 submitted) of total pieces submitted.....and thus should carry a higher premium....
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The gold coins will sipped by the end of June. >>

I guess that's when I will get my "Dear John" letter. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct PRIZ430. The halves in 70, both PF and MS, continue to be the toughest grade of all the HOF coins to get. Their percentages to the total submitted remain in the 30% range. And for MS non-FS it's at a series low of 28% (118 of 420). This one should have the highest premium of all HOF coins but won't because of the discounting of the lowly clad coins compared to silver and gold. The half also has the lowest profile which doesn't show off the uniqueness of these convex/concave coins.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Note the big jump in FS MS $1 and FS PF halves. My supposition is a big dealer is selling a lot of the silver $1 in both MS & PF and is restocking before the glut of non-FS slabbed coins hit"

The fact that so many "stored" coins can come out of the woodwork and be "First Strike" at any time will eventually destroy the credibility of first strike.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    I dont think many are getting coins just sprinkles here and there some of are TV host may have rec there max orders but not any more. I ordered the 1st day and just rec the last of my 1st day coins two weeks ago. Now i'm getting my 1st order of the 2nd day orders tomorrow and with most of my late orders that same day have been push back to July. I think all the late Gold orders should start getting the Sorry we can not place your order e-mails soon but that is just me thinking...

Hoard the keys.
    Well holy crap, my Gold Proof coins from my (Order Date: 03/28/2014 at 01:41 AM ) order just went IS&R. Guess the Mint is still working thru the waitlist!
    My silver went back another 2 or so weeks this morning.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
    And the silver proof in my (03/29/2014 at 11:12 PM ) order went IS&R
    I cancelled all my silver and gold that had not yet been shipped a couple of weeks ago.
    Well. . . . If I got yours then TY. I'm happy no matter where they came from.
    I cancelled 39 silver proofs and 2 gold uncirculated.
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    I received my Gold Unc a couple days ago.... Order Date: 03/27/2014 at 09:49 PM

Have to say... I'm incredibly underwhelmed. I absolutely HATE the design!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL

<< <i>I received my Gold Unc a couple days ago.... Order Date: 03/27/2014 at 09:49 PM

Have to say... I'm incredibly underwhelmed. I absolutely HATE the design! >>

The proofs look better, the uncs just blend to much into itself.
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    A silver proof order from 3/30 went in stock and reserved today.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one am excited about the gold D. Carr reverse proof and matte version of the HOF!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    The proofs look better, the uncs just blend to much into itself."

I totally agree…the offsets in the proof have way better eye appeal!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I cancelled 39 silver proofs and 2 gold uncirculated. >>

...your frustration cost you a lot of money. I dumped most of mine for a nice keystone profit (5 unc-halfs for $45 per, 5 unc-dollars for $105 per, 5 proof-dollars for $125 per, 1 proof-gold for $730 and 1 unc-gold for $710) all received within the last 2 weeks, all sold, all raw image

Erik
    Ya alot of my PR orders are in stock. I will have a box of 35 tomorrow, 30 more in stock 80 on hold till the end of the mo.

Hoard the keys.
    I wrote (just a couple days ago):

<< <i>Well, gee! I got me a clad proof in the mail today! Silver ordered with the clad is still backordered, though. (Ordered 3/29, 2pm.)

Still have no hope for my March 28, 4am gold proof, though... >>

My gold proof (from the 3/28, 4am order) just went In Stock and Reserved! Never thought I'd get into the shipped queue. (All other coins, silver and clad, are still backordered.)

<< <i> 2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD PROOF 1 $424.75 $424.75 In stock and reserved >>

Thank you to all who cancelled! image
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    My 4/5 silver PF's moved from 7/10 to 6/28...unc's still 7/17

3/28 245p gold (both) still hanging by a thread at 6/30
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My silver proofs just moved from 7/17 to 6/6, Sweet! oh wait.......

<< <i>My silver proofs just moved from 7/17 to 6/6, Sweet! oh wait....... >>

image Leaders of the Free World we are.

Has anyone come up with a cutoff date/time for when the Silver Dollars sold out? Even if approximate.

• nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well....
    Sitting on a box with two dollar proofs and one Unc. It's first strike qualified and the deadline is looming for the quarterly special First Strike Label through our host.
    Down with the Flu/fever.... Hoping I'm going to be well enough to get it off in the mail.
    Just wondering, off the top of ones more 'in tune' head, if it's worth the effort and expense to even get these slabbed with the First Strike label?
    I know it's a roll of the dice as to whether I get any 70's....
    Still haven't gotten around to getting my FS reverse proof buffalo slabbed either... Not the quickest flipper in the boat image
    Thanks for any off the cuff responses.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

imageimageimage

No wonder you call yourself, bullsitter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file