Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    I think it was 4-10 or 4-11 in the middle of the afternoon.
  • dmarksdmarks Posts: 450 ✭✭
    Has anyone had any HOF gold ship lately? I want to know if I should give up hope of getting some ordered around 3 on 3/28.
  • JefferyJeffery Posts: 115
    Nothing will likely ship until early next week due to the inventory
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nothing will likely ship until early next week due to the inventory >>

Not so, several of my orders were shipped yesterday. 5 oz atb's
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today ends my first day order saga as I finally received the last coin.

A couple days shy of THREE MONTHS to get 1 Proof & 1 Unc. Dollar, 3 Proof and 1 Unc. Clad. (and 1 bag)

5 separate deliveries, spread over 90 days.

It's funny. What started out as true enthusiasm eventually turned into sarcastic disgust.

It will eventually wear off because I really like the coins, but will never order from the mint again.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order of clad halves (3/28 @ 6pm) is now showing as in stock and reserved. The gold coins I ordered are showing as backorder still shipping on 6/30. The silver uncs are showing as backorder and shipping on 6/19???? Ok then...

• To clarify,
    I had some coins (ATB 5 ounce) that shipped on 24th. I also had some HOF coins that are IS&R but the cancel box was still there. I called & asked why & the mint rep said they likely would not be shipping anything new until after the inventory.
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Not so, several of my orders were shipped yesterday. 5 oz atb's >>

Yup, my P pucks were shipped on Monday and Tuesday
  • goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭

I believe the OP was talking about any HOF shipments. This thread is about the HOF coins so that's what I read into their post. JMHO image
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I believe the OP was talking about any HOF shipments. This thread is about the HOF coins so that's what I read into their post. JMHO image >>

Possible. Also possible inventory started Wednesday until done. ATB's were shipped Monday & Tuesday. With the mint, who knows?

Without more definate info its just everybody's guess. Keeping everybody guessing, talking about it, ect. is one of the oldest, simplest

and cheapest marketing ploys around. While all the lack of information and the misinformation is not loved by the customers, it's great for sales.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

<< <i>

I believe the OP was talking about any HOF shipments. This thread is about the HOF coins so that's what I read into their post. JMHO image >>

really? Then why make such a General Statement? Some of us do collect other Mint products. The HOF shipments would have been delayed with or w/o the Mint taking an inventory.

btw, just received an email from the Mint...my proof halves b/o has changed to 7/11
    The lack of information and the misinformation reminds me of the Princess Dianna beanie baby.
    Cost $ 2.50 and sold for $ 250.00 + in the beginning because of this statement from TY:

"for the first month there will only be 12 Princess Dianna Bears per store" everybody lost track of or left off the first month part and

it quickly turned into these are going to be so rare as there will only be 12 per store.

They did not realize that after the first month there soon would be 12,000,000 per month. The whole craze was fostered by the lack of

information, the misinformation, and the crazy shipping of product. "God bless TY Warner" image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Most of us did not even have a computer back then.

<< <i>

<< <i>

really? Then why make such a General Statement? Some of us do collect other Mint products. The HOF shipments would have been delayed with or w/o the Mint taking an inventory.

btw, just received an email from the Mint...my proof halves b/o has changed to 7/11 >>

As I said this Thread Title: = "HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread" so that is MY opinion on what the OP meant by "Nothing Shipping This Week" Only he/she can really say what they were speaking of when they posted.... image

To be accurate EVERYTHING will ship as normal (yes even the HOF thread appropriate coins)....the ONLY orders that will be delayed are those PLACED between 6/23-29

<< <i>· Quarterly Inventory: Due to the United States Mint’s quarterly inventory, expedited shipping will not be available for orders placed from June 23 through June 29, 2014. Orders over $300 and orders containing gold or platinum United States Mint collectibles will receive a complimentary upgrade, but may experience a slight delay. Expedited shipping will be available again for orders placed on or after June 30, 2014. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. >>

<< <i>

To be accurate EVERYTHING will ship as normal (yes even the HOF thread appropriate coins)....the ONLY orders that will be delayed are those PLACED between 6/23-29

<< <i>· Quarterly Inventory: Due to the United States Mint’s quarterly inventory, expedited shipping will not be available for orders placed from June 23 through June 29, 2014. Orders over $300 and orders containing gold or platinum United States Mint collectibles will receive a complimentary upgrade, but may experience a slight delay. Expedited shipping will be available again for orders placed on or after June 30, 2014. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. >>

>>

Has anyone received notice that anything (not just HOF orders) shipped Wednesday or Thursday ? Inquiring minds want to know ?
  • mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

The mint says that the 3 ms gold that I ordered on may28th are shipping on june 30th,so dmarks should also get his shipped then.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good info from two of the "BIG BOYS".

<< <i>The mint says that the 3 ms gold that I ordered on may28th are shipping on june 30th,so dmarks should also get his shipped then. >>

...and the Mint says my silver proofs will be shipped on 6/26 (hint: that was yesterday)

Don't hold your breath on the gold 6/30 ship date (same as mine)
    Thats why I gave up waiting on them and the prices continue to drop as people are getting tired of waiting on them and their interests move elsewhere. I will not order any more coins from the mint until they get their $hit together.

<< <i>

>>

Not to be a pain, but in the interest of being accurate, where does it say that standard shipping will go out during inventory ? It does mention upgraded shipping may be delayed. Standard shipping is one to two weeks. No need for them to say it will not go out as they have 1 - 2 weeks.
    It does not matter to me, however to put an end to the debate, if some members could confirm that anything at all was shipped Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday .
    Just so everyone knows what is accurate as ther have been several half truths on each side of the coin.
    Thanks to anyone who can show definate facts on the issue.
    The closest thing I have as of 3 pm est. is this:

From my Order Date: 03/28/2014 at 03:08 PM Order number: 42978***

2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD UNC 1 $18.95 In stock and reserved Cancel Box gone Credit Card has the charge as
    Pending US MINT COIN SALES DR Type Temporary Transactions $18.95

US MINT COIN SALES DR
    Transaction date: 06/27/2014
    Transaction type: Temp Auth / Pending Pymt
    Reference number: TEMP

A temporary authorization is an approved transaction that has not yet been posted to your account. The amount of the transaction has been deducted from your available credit. Normally, a temporary authorization converts into a posted transaction, but if the merchant doesn't complete the transaction it will expire and the temporary charges will be removed. A pending payment is a payment we have received from you and is in the process of posting to your account.
    Also just saw this on the mint website while checking HOF orders....

ON SALE DATES ANNOUNCED!
    50th Anniversary Kennedy Half-Dollar Uncirculated Coin Set – July 24, 2014
    50th Anniversary Kennedy Half-Dollar Gold Proof Coin – August 5, 2014
    Kennedy Half-Dollar Bags and Rolls – available now
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one Arches ATB ship 6/24, but once again, the USPS lied about trying to deliver it (yesterday).
    I have another Arches ATB on order, which has not yet shipped. (Both were pre-orders.)

All of my 3/28 and 3/29 HOF Silver Proof and Clad Unc orders shipped yesterday.
    (My 4/7 HOF proof silver, as are all my silver unc are still in limbo.)

My HOF gold proof is on hold for some reason. Crap.

<< <i>Also just saw this on the mint website while checking HOF orders....

ON SALE DATES ANNOUNCED!
    50th Anniversary Kennedy Half-Dollar Uncirculated Coin Set – July 24, 2014
    50th Anniversary Kennedy Half-Dollar Gold Proof Coin – August 5, 2014
    Kennedy Half-Dollar Bags and Rolls – available now >>

There is more discussion about the Kennedy Half sets on that thread. The dates were announced a couple of weeks ago...prices for the clad and silver also released
  • SpudmasherSpudmasher Posts: 170 ✭✭

Attended the Baltimore Coin show on Friday, and the only buyer I found for the ungraded $5.00 proofs was at table 603 @ $600.00 each. I turned my in to our
    Hosts under the modern service at $16.00.

<< <i>
    There is more discussion about the Kennedy Half sets on that thread. The dates were announced a couple of weeks ago...prices for the clad and silver also released >>

OK thank you BigA I have been looking at this thread so much I guess I forgot about the other threads image
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thats why I gave up waiting on them and the prices continue to drop as people are getting tired of waiting on them and their interests move elsewhere. I will not order any more coins from the mint until they get their $hit together. >>

the gold HOF nearing $600...... is the Mint discouraging flipping by holding orders?...... but still lower ....a great time to buy coming soon

<< <i>

<< <i>Thats why I gave up waiting on them and the prices continue to drop as people are getting tired of waiting on them and their interests move elsewhere. I will not order any more coins from the mint until they get their $hit together. >>

the gold HOF nearing $600...... is the Mint discouraging flipping by holding orders?...... but still lower ....a great time to buy coming soon >>

The flippers have already made their cash....just the scraps left for everyone else

<< <i>

<< <i>

the gold HOF nearing $600...... is the Mint discouraging flipping by holding orders?...... but still lower ....a great time to buy coming soon >>

The flippers have already made their cash....just the scraps left for everyone else >>

For any "modern junk", it's been like that for most issues and I suspect will be for any up coming popular issues. Not only with US Mint products, but also items issued by other World Mints. "The early bird catches the worm," and the flippers are the early "market makers."
    Since the inevitable price drop after the 2nd wave of shipments was shipped was correctly predicted by many here why would anyone be anxious to buy a raw specimen when they first became available??? EVERYONE knew that another bunch was going to flood the market.....

I don't get the "I got one first" mentality....

May 14th...raw unc...sold $1275
    .................raw proof..sold $1295

June 28th..raw unc..sold $620
    June 27th..raw proof..sold $650

..but those May 14th people had them first!!!
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Since the inevitable price drop after the 2nd wave of shipments was shipped was correctly predicted by many here why would anyone be anxious to buy a raw specimen when they first became available??? EVERYONE knew that another bunch was going to flood the market.....

..but those May 14th people had them first!!! >>

human nature .....just like trading commodities .. thinking the next fool is nearby.to buy higher... you almost have to think the Mint rigs the shipping of high demand products image
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Since the inevitable price drop after the 2nd wave of shipments was shipped was correctly predicted by many here why would anyone be anxious to buy a raw specimen when they first became available??? EVERYONE knew that another bunch was going to flood the market.....

..but those May 14th people had them first!!! >>

How long until they're above $1200 again? Could be years.
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Got my clad half and silver dollar proof on Friday.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From this thread slipping to page 4 I guess the excitement is waning for the HOF coins. On to the Kennedy's huh?

Just got this email from a well known dealer with the links to the pages.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2014 Baseball Hall of Fame Commemorative Coins

Dealer Buyout - Special Pricing!

We were fortunate to purchase the remaining inventory of another dealer at favorable prices and are passing the savings on to our customers. The PCGS Baseball coins that are entering the marketplace now are no longer First Strike, but this group of coins does carry that designation!

This is a Private Sale...

These coins will not last at our special dealer buy-out prices and we are not making them available to the general public until 48 hours from this notice, if any remain.

To purchase, you must use the links provided as they cannot be seen otherwise on our website. Sorry, no refunds, exchanges, or adjustments for prior purchases- this is a one-time opportunity while supply lasts!

We have a limited stock of Original Government Packaging for these items. We will provide that OGP upon request to anyone ordering from this email while supplies last.
    ---------------------------

I have to say the prices were very reasonable and I jumped in to complete my set with an upgrade of a lower grade coin.

Not a bad price for the PCGS FS 70 Proof 1$. You need to ask yourself a) have the prices stabilized, or b) are they still dropping? (pop of 2,200+)
  • BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting on Proof Silver HOF's... Is it still worth keeping the order?

I appreciate all opinions image
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
    It depends on how many you have coming.

I did not want to get caught holding a bunch of them so I cancelled the rest of my orders.

No one knows what is going to happen with these coins in the future but it sure seems to have quieted down in the last couple of weeks.
  • BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It depends on how many you have coming.

I did not want to get caught holding a bunch of them so I cancelled the rest of my orders.

No one knows what is going to happen with these coins in the future but it sure seems to have quieted down in the last couple of weeks. >>

...I have 50 coming... was going to keep some and flip the rest at some point, but now I'm really undecided. The way the Mint delayed the shipping on this issue really has me re-thinking my purchase strategy... Might just put the funds into something else.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    IMO - the Proof and Unc Dollars will recover into the low 100's range for raws.

You have a solid profit built in (at mint issue) as long as you are patient.

The flippers out there cant even hold out for a month on their CC's, which tells me they shouldnt be buying in the first place. The USM could solve these issues with a no return policy.

<< <i>IMO - the Proof and Unc Dollars will recover into the low 100's range for raws.

You have a solid profit built in (at mint issue) as long as you are patient.

The flippers out there cant even hold out for a month on their CC's, which tells me they shouldnt be buying in the first place. The USM could solve these issues with a no return policy. >>

OR...not playing games with production and shipping. Make them available for sale and get them shipped within a month at most. Or do a mint to order with a 1 month time frame like before. Possibly limit to some number....maybe per household or in the first week of ordering.

Agreed. No one likes to wait months to receive their orders.

However, the return policy makes it a no lose proposition to anyone with plastic. And everyone has plastic.

So, a no return policy will make those with plastic think hard about how many they could actually pay for - before pulling the trigger.
    How would you propose they handle damaged returns then? Swap one for one only, no refunds?

• badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Order for 2 $1 proofs, 43013xxx 11:47 a.m. 1 Apr, is in stock & reserved as of 2 Jul.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    i think the mint is getting a lot of cancelled orders, those on the wait list have a decent chance.image
    I hope they learn a lesson from all those cancelled sales.

Do it right the first time and all those coins would have been delivered already and all the buyers would be happy.

I'm glad I was one of those that cancelled a bunch of orders.

I sold most of mine right here on the BST forum instead of paying ebay 13%.

By the time you pay the mint the $54.95 and 13% plus shipping to ebay there is not much left for you.

<< <i>How would you propose they handle damaged returns then? Swap one for one only, no refunds? >>

Yup. Exchanges, no refunds.

This policy will keep the mintages down and inline with real collector demand.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How would you propose they handle damaged returns then? Swap one for one only, no refunds? >>

Yup. Exchanges, no refunds. >>

The gold coins sold out so there couldn't be any exchanges bc they don't have any more.

Will you buy the problem coins?

<< <i>I hope they learn a lesson from all those cancelled sales.

Do it right the first time and all those coins would have been delivered already and all the buyers would be happy.

I'm glad I was one of those that cancelled a bunch of orders.

I sold most of mine right here on the BST forum instead of paying ebay 13%.

By the time you pay the mint the $54.95 and 13% plus shipping to ebay there is not much left for you. >>

BTW...most of us don't pay the 13% that you quoted and the raw $1 proof coins are still selling between $90 - $100. I suspect you left money on the table by selling them on the BST.

FYI eBay fees:...6% FVF...deduct 20% of from that for a Top Rated Seller status. PayPal around 3%....Total fees less than 9%
    Thought you should know and the issue price was $51.95

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file