Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    4/5/14 10 MS silver in stock and reserved.
    13 Proof Silver not shipping til 8/15 cancel box gone.

Guess I won't be cancelling.
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same.

April 7 order, unc's ISAR, proofs backordered to 8/15 with cancel boxes gone...
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The BU last had an expected ship date of 7/28 but now it's listed as " in stock and reserved". What should I take that
    to mean? Do I get a cancellation next? Not surprising if that's what happens. >>

You will get your coin...probably to be shipped this week (with some of the other 375,000)....

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Silver – "Six percent of all orders have physically shipped. However, since this is an on-going, daily process, if you include orders in process for the inventory we have received, this number increases to 75 percent. Said differently, this pertains to the inventory that has been reserved to a specific order and is in the process of being picked, packed and prepared for shipping but hasn’t physically shipped yet." >> >>

A little bit of confusing language here, but it seems as though quite a few dollars are about to be shippedimage

6%? Sure it wasn't 60%? Because if it was really 6%.....oh boy.....a flood is coming to the 'bay
  • goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Guess they finally got theirs

Yep here comes the flood, Wonder how many others got 100 bet they wish they had them months ago image
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Guess they finally got theirs

Yep here comes the flood, Wonder how many others got 100 bet they wish they had them months ago image >>

Typical sales pitch from: coinssince1994 .. formerly: "bluemooncoins" ... btw, the flood occurred several month ago, what you are seeing are the "left overs."
    Whatever happened to Cristy?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>. btw, the flood occurred several month ago, what you are seeing are the "left overs." >>

I guess so if you consider 6% of the coins (24,000) a "flood"....and the "leftovers" are the remaining 376,000

<< <i>

<< <i>. btw, the flood occurred several month ago, what you are seeing are the "left overs." >>

I guess so if you consider 6% of the coins (24,000) a "flood"....and the "leftovers" are the remaining 376,000 >>

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    With the Kennedy's coming out now, you will not even be able to get you money back on the HOF coins for quite a while.
    Very simple solution....

check box......customer changed mind. send for refund.

<< <i>

I guess so if you consider 6% of the coins (24,000) a "flood"....and the "leftovers" are the remaining 376,000 >>

Not so sure where you got your info from. According to all reports, over 200,000 were mailed out by June...I ordered mine on the second day, 3/28 and received them on 6/17
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    my 4/4 and 4/6 orders for Silver Proofs went ISAR. cancelled box gone credit precharged.

Joe

• << <i>my 4/4 and 4/6 orders for Silver Proofs went ISAR. cancelled box gone credit precharged.

Joe >>

Same here... April 7th .. 5:01P 2 Silver Proof IS&R and credit card precharged. my last HoF order.

Time for a Gold Kennedy image

• << <i>

<< <i>

Not so sure where you got your info from. According to all reports, over 200,000 were mailed out by June...I ordered mine on the second day, 3/28 and received them on 6/17 >>

4 proofs in stock and reserved. I ordered 4/8 at 5:21pm. There were approximately 390,000 ordered before me and they sold out a day or two later.
    We should be seeing the end of shipping real soon on the silvers.

<< <i>With the Kennedy's coming out now, you will not even be able to get you money back on the HOF coins for quite a while. >>

I would disagree, especially for the gold

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>With the Kennedy's coming out now, you will not even be able to get you money back on the HOF coins for quite a while. >>

I would disagree, especially for the gold >>

OK, you are right, you will get your money back but the problem is you will not make anything on them for quite a while.

If you are in it because you want to own one that is great but if you bought them to make a profit quickly you will not do very well.

That ship sailed a couple of months ago.

<< <i>OK, you are right, you will get your money back but the problem is you will not make anything on them for quite a while.

If you are in it because you want to own one that is great but if you bought them to make a profit quickly you will not do very well.

That ship sailed a couple of months ago. >>

Raw gold selling for $650 now, that's $150 profit per coin. I'd say that's more than getting your money back. They will continue to rise as the supply dwindles. I'll probably trade a couple of raw gold baseballs for a PR70 Kennedy in a few months.
    The Kennedy's are another story entirely. There will be too many of them and will never amount to more than melt in 5 years. If you are going to buy them and want to make money you had better be first in line to buy and dump.
    The gold HOF will be a decent coin to own but the silver will not in the long run and neither will do as well as when they were first released for many years if at all.
    Those that got theirs early and dumped them did well is all I am saying.
    As for making $150 profit now that is a myth because of 13% ebay fees and shipping costs which take half of that profit.

<< <i>The Kennedy's are another story entirely. There will be too many of them and will never amount to more than melt in 5 years. If you are going to buy them and want to make money you had better be first in line to buy and dump.
    The gold HOF will be a decent coin to own but the silver will not in the long run and neither will do as well as when they were first released for many years if at all.
    As for making $150 profit now that is a myth because of 13% ebay fees and shipping costs which take half of that profit. >>

How many board members made similar comments when the UHR's came out? BTW, my eBay fee is less than 6%. Even if your 13% is applicable, you still made a gain of around 15% in a 3 month period. Good luck in realizing that percentage gain for a classic coin in a 3 month period.

<< <i>BTW, my eBay fee is less than 6% >>

Add paypal and its 9%; obviously you are receiving a discount on the ebay normal fee for high ticket coins of 10%.........others don't.

<< <i>The Kennedy's are another story entirely. There will be too many of them and will never amount to more than melt in 5 years. If you are going to buy them and want to make money you had better be first in line to buy and dump.
    As for making $150 profit now that is a myth because of 13% ebay fees and shipping costs which take half of that profit. >>

Ain't no myth to it. Ebay store and PayPal are 10%, add $15 shipping.

$650 minus $65 for fees and $15 for shipping is $570 minus $425 that you paid is $145 profit. Check the numbers if you wish.

Pit, I'm glad you cleaned up on these, but they're not dead as you keep saying.

Good luck with your Kennedys...image
    Kennedy's are not for me.

I may order one or two but if they look like they are going south I will cancel them in a heartbeat.

I am 74 years old and am in it for a quick profit only.

Gave up collecting years ago and just want something to do to keep busy.

I am sure you long term people will do all right with the HOF coins as silver and gold will hold their value but not at my age thank you.
  • Once the Mint sales, cancelations, and delay drama is done i'll pick up one set
  • badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Anyone else have a Gold Proof in limbo?

Order number: 4297xxxx

Order Date: 03/28/2014 at 02:17 PM

Still on backorder.

<< <i>Anyone else have a Gold Proof in limbo?

Still on backorder. >>

Yup....my 3/28 240p PF has a 8/10 ship date

Still on backorder. >>

Canceled mine Order Date: 03/28/2014 at 12:15 PM 42975***
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Still on backorder. >>

Canceled mine Order Date: 03/28/2014 at 12:15 PM 42975*** >>

goldgirl canceled her gold??? Is there such a thing as U.S. Mint Limbo? image

<< <i>goldgirl canceled her gold??? Is there such a thing as U.S. Mint Limbo? image >>

Yep, got tired of waiting, so hopefully one of you guys will get my cancelation, now I'll just get a Gold Kennedy, "maybe" image
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the last of the silvers are shipping. I just got shipping notice of the last of my 4/5 silver proof orders. Got all my golds except for those ordered on 3/28 at 646pm. I knew that was a long shot.

Will be flipping some of these when the market warms back up this fall. It's been quite a ride -- thanks GB for hosting this thread and all the best to those who did well with this ride. It's been another epic Mint episode...

"It ain't over yet"

AK
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got grades from submission received 7-17-14,,,,,, pretty quick turnaround,,,,

6 MS70's out of 13 coins sent,,,, rest MS69,,,,,, got BaseBall Labels as well,,,,,

At least (1) ea MS70 of Half,,,,, Dollar & $5 Gold,,,,, imageimageimageimageimage

GrandAm image

updated detail on grades,,,,,

(1) EA MS70 Half & $5 Gold

(4) MS70 Silver Dollars image
    GrandAm :)
  • These can possibly be the "last out" of the proof gold HOF. Hopefully I can get a label reflecting that. Surely the last out is more important than the first strike .
    3-28 1:23 PM order shipped today.
    Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last two coins on order (from an April 7 order), two silver proofs, are scheduled to arrive Aug 11. They're just going to stay in the box for now.

I could get my gold Kennedy before the last of my HoF coins... image
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These can possibly be the "last out" of the proof gold HOF. Hopefully I can get a label reflecting that. Surely the last out is more important than the first strike .
    3-28 1:23 PM order shipped today. >>

Last out. imageimage

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Just got my "Dear John" / "No Gold For You" Letter:

Dear United States Mint Customer:

We are contacting you regarding the order you placed for the 2014 Baseball Hall of Fame Gold Commemorative Coin(s).

Because of overwhelming demand, orders reached the combined production limit of 50,000 for the gold coins very quickly. The United States Mint did, however, accept a limited number of orders that were placed on a waiting list. We took these orders in an effort to allow as many customers as possible the opportunity to purchase the coins. Waiting list orders are not guaranteed and are only fulfilled if inventory becomes available in the event of returns or cancellations.

Although you may have received an order confirmation and various backorder communications, these should not have been taken as a guarantee that your order would be fulfilled. While we did fulfill orders as inventory became available, we can now confirm that your order will not be fulfilled because of depleted inventory.

We sincerely regret the miscommunication and apologize for the confusion surrounding your waiting list order. While this may be of little consolation to you at this point, please be assured that the United States Mint is working aggressively to implement a new order management system later this year that will prevent these kinds of problems in the future.

We hope you will continue to support the United States Mint’s numismatics programs.

Sincerely,

United States Mint

Customer Service Center

2799 Reeves Road

Plainfield, IN 46168

1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468)

OK. Guess it's about time. Let's bring her on:

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

<< <i>

Still on backorder. >>

Yup....my 3/28 240p PF has a 8/10 ship date >>

Toast.....

She is singing for me also....got the email today

Oh well, it was a whim order anyway. My "real" order got me six 70's (3 each) so no tears
  • rodzmrodzm Posts: 675
    I ordered 3 HOF silvers at approxiamtely 12 hours after the waitlist was implemented. Still no shipping time although it does say "3 units backordered. Expected to ship on 08/21/2014."

What is intriguing is that the Order status is "Your order request is in process. "

Does that typically mean they will actually be shipping since according to the US Mint a status of Processing means that the order is being processed for shipment.

• nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a pretty sad letter and pathetic admission of a botched process!

My modest order from the first day arrived in late April.
    2 $1 Proofs and one Unc Silver.
    I was out of the country awhile and didn't get them shipped for grading right off the bat for the quick flip, not my main motive either.
    Since they qualified for First Strike I did send them in for the quarterly special over a month ago.
    Just got the results Monday with 2- 70's on the Proofs and a 69 on the Unc.
    Hope to eventually part with one 70 anyways to pay for this whole episode...

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

What's interesting about that email is the apparent admission that they do, in fact, ship out returned coins. Makes me wonder if it's an ongoing process or if they save all the returns and then use them at the end to fulfill orders, assuming that customers won't be so picky and be grateful for anything. Don't know which is worse: waiting 4 months and getting nothing or waiting 4 months and getting crap.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    " only fulfilled if inventory becomes available in the event of returns or cancellations "

I seem to remember it being posted many times by people who were told by mint CS that returns were not sent back out. I feel sorry for those getting the last shipments. You may luck out but are just as likely to get someone else's dinged up reject.

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>" only fulfilled if inventory becomes available in the event of returns or cancellations "

I seem to remember it being posted many times by people who were told by mint CS that returns were not sent back out. I feel sorry for those getting the last shipments. You may luck out but are just as likely to get someone else's dinged up reject. >>

I do understand and agree with your disgust with how they handled the HOF sales and delivery. imageimage

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• rodzmrodzm Posts: 675
    Wow I lucked out on the proof silvers that I ordered while on the waitlist. According to this article there were only 9,121 silvers left the morning of the 9th April. I placed my order on 10 April at 08:51 AM and it is now showing In Stock and Reserved with cancel boxes gone.

Ill probably get someone elses rejects but hey I cant complain.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There continues to be controversy over whether the mint resells returns. A few very respected forumoids seem adamant that this is not the case. It would be good to get this issue settled once and for all with the mint.

Does anyone have a confirmed response from the mint on this subject (like Michael White)? This may be a question for the greater forum audience.

BTW, got the last of my 4/5 silver orders today. Woohoo!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

<< <i>Does anyone have a confirmed response from the mint on this subject (like Michael White)? >>

It was in the Dear John letter. A snip from that letter is 3 & 4 posts up.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A silver proof ordered 4/9 shipped today.
    Many happy BST transactions

<< <i>A silver proof ordered 4/9 shipped today. >>

I haven't been keeping track but that seems like a late date. Towards the end of availability for sure.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

Is anybody still waiting for silver?

Order Date: 04/10/2014 at 06:47 AM

2 silver proofs shipped yesterday, my last HOF orders... 2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER PROOF 2 $51.95 $103.90 2 units shipped on 08/08/2014

<< <i>Order Date: 04/10/2014 at 06:47 AM

2 silver proofs shipped yesterday, my last HOF orders... 2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER PROOF 2 $51.95 $103.90 2 units shipped on 08/08/2014 >>

4/10 seems very late. I remember a mild panic about a sellout the weekend of 4/5. Congrats and enjoy.

My last order of Pr $1 made 4/5 should arrive 8/11 or 8/12.
    4+ months. Not to shabby.

2k btw image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file