Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    See one listed for $595 on the BST forum today.

They have dropped like a rock in the past month.
  • JefferyJeffery Posts: 115
    Just curious to see if anyone has received any Silver Uncirculated coins with an order date close to or after 04/04/2014 at 07:04 PM?
  • Ordered March 31. 2 items shipped today.

2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER UNC 2 $47.95 $95.90 2 units shipped on 07/16/2014
  • brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just curious to see if anyone has received any Silver Uncirculated coins with an order date close to or after 04/04/2014 at 07:04 PM? >>

my order on 4/3/2014 show in stock and reserved.
  • Thanks for the info. . . at least they are getting closer
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just curious to see if anyone has received any Silver Uncirculated coins with an order date close to or after 04/04/2014 at 07:04 PM? >>

my order on 4/3/2014 show in stock and reserved. >>

Similar here.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the estimated sell out date of the Proof silver $'s???
  • badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Order #43013xxx placed 1 Apr @ 11:47 a.m. for 2 $1 Proofs shipped today.
  • BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    The last of my Silver HOF orders for Proof and Unc have an estimated shipping date of 8/15 and 7/31.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an email yesterday that they supposed to ship a Proof $5 gold piece to me on August 1.

I had predicted by the All Star break, but I was wrong.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
    My 2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD UNC coins purchased 04/24/2014 at 04:17 PM are in stock & reserved, cancel box removed & CC ping'd. They are still working thru the list.

Just wish they would move faster on the silver UNC
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok...is it just me but.....does anyone else find it a tad unbelievable that only 6% of the silver has shipped??? 24,000 coins??? with 376,000 still to ship???

From the Mint 7/15/14:

<< <i>Delays in shipping Proof and Uncirculated 2014 National Baseball Hall of Fame gold $5 half eagles, silver dollars and copper-nickel clad half dollars is tied to availability of the specific packaging to accommodate the concave/convex coins.

Tom Jurkowsky, director of the U.S. Mint's Office of Corporate Communications, said the Mint has been receiving weekly shipments of packaging from its vendor and shipping schedules have been adjusted based on receipt of that packaging.

According to Jurkowsky:

➤ Gold – "Ninety-seven percent of all orders have physically shipped. The remaining 3 percent of all orders will be shipped this week."

The entire 50,000 coin authorization sold out within days of its March 27 release, with 32,026 of the Proofs and 17,974 of the Uncirculated recorded sold.

➤ Silver – "Six percent of all orders have physically shipped. However, since this is an on-going, daily process, if you include orders in process for the inventory we have received, this number increases to 75 percent. Said differently, this pertains to the inventory that has been reserved to a specific order and is in the process of being picked, packed and prepared for shipping but hasn’t physically shipped yet." >>

• pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

My 3/28 order was sent on the 9th of July.
    Paul

<< <i>

My 3/28 order was sent on the 9th of July. >>

That would not really be close to 4/4.....my 4/5 759am is still backordered
  • goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭

<< <i>Ok...is it just me but.....does anyone else find it a tad unbelievable that only 6% of the silver has shipped??? 24,000 coins??? with 376,000 still to ship?? >>

That is unbelievable!!! When the Kennedy coins come out they will slow the HOF coins even more. Probably get the Kennedy Silver before the HOF Silver...
  • ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ok...is it just me but.....does anyone else find it a tad unbelievable that only 6% of the silver has shipped??? 24,000 coins??? with 376,000 still to ship?? >>

That is unbelievable!!! When the Kennedy coins come out they will slow the HOF coins even more. Probably get the Kennedy Silver before the HOF Silver... >>

That's a real head scratcher. My proof gold is still showing with a ship date of 8/5. I've already gotten all of the silver from my first order that was placed on Saturday 3/30. Another order of 4/2 has shipped the BU dollars, and the proof dollars are "in stock and reserved".
    Yup, "remaining gold will all be shipped this week" and "6% of the silver has been shipped"....

Both do not compute....

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    I still have 23 silver to be shipped that I ordered on 4/5. I guess I will know this week about my waiting list gold.
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The silver order I received today looked like it was shipped with a hand grenade in the box.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
    Order 4299xxxx for Gold Proof placed 29 Mar @ 8:07 PM shows "Item is no longer available".

Order 4297xxxx for Gold Proof placed 28 Mar @2:17 PM is still backordered.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the end may be near for the gold.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    My silver proof coins Order Date: 04/04/2014 at 07:07 PM just went in stock & reserved, cancel box removed.
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup all my Gold orders went to "Order Status: Your order request has been cancelled". From the 28th to the 29th. But my 40 PR Silver went to in stock and hold. image

Hoard the keys.
    Y'all are talking about the order on the mint webpage? My Uncirculated Gold coin Order Date: 03/28/2014 at 01:41 AM is still listed 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 08/10/2014.
    Well that took care of that...I was debating about cancelling my one (of each) remaining gold orders and my 3/28 240p unc is "no longer available"...one down....the PF is still listed as 8/10..probably give that one a chance to cancel itself

Still can't believe there are 375,000 silver still to be shipped.....this could get ugly
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, look what's finally made it on the Mint's web site:

2014 National Baseball Hall of Fame Young Collectors Set (B37)

$24.95. Only one dollar more than the proof itself.

I may get one when I order my kennedy clad set. (Which will get ordered when I order the Au Kennedy.)

<< <i>Well, look what's finally made it on the Mint's web site:

I may get one when I order my kennedy clad set. (Which will get ordered when I order the Au Kennedy.) >>

The mint can't even fulfill the half dollars sold months ago, how are they going to fill these orders??
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    My gold on the waiting list got cancelled. No longer available. Ordered on 3/28/14 at 6:30 PM.
    Received two $4.95 refunds from the mint today.

My gold proof 28 Mar 2:17 PM order still shows backordered.
  • PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    BOTH My gold proof & unc 28 Mar 3:36 PM orders show CANCELLED ....The GOLD is DONE!!!!!
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, look what's finally made it on the Mint's web site:

I may get one when I order my kennedy clad set. (Which will get ordered when I order the Au Kennedy.) >>

The mint can't even fulfill the half dollars sold months ago, how are they going to fill these orders?? >>

Your question is funny…. in a sad kinda way. image The odd thing is how many of us wait in line to get something after issuance, just to FLIP it for a buck to the next guy who flips it for a buck until we finally give up and get it in a holder on eBay, later. image

HE>I

<< <i>BOTH My gold proof & unc 28 Mar 3:36 PM orders show CANCELLED ....The GOLD is DONE!!!!! >>

My 28 Mar 2:17 PM gold still on backorder. The window is getting tiny. We'll see.

<< <i>

<< <i>BOTH My gold proof & unc 28 Mar 3:36 PM orders show CANCELLED ....The GOLD is DONE!!!!! >>

My 28 Mar 2:17 PM gold still on backorder. The window is getting tiny. We'll see. >>

You got me by 23 minutes....my 240p PF is still on backorder...unc is toast......tick, tick, tick

<< <i>

<< <i>

My 28 Mar 2:17 PM gold still on backorder. The window is getting tiny. We'll see. >>

You got me by 23 minutes....my 240p PF is still on backorder...unc is toast......tick, tick, tick >>

Somebody has to be the last one to score. Hope it's you.
    My Uncirculated Gold coin Order Date: 03/28/2014 at 01:41 AM just went in stock & reserved.
    Order 4301xxxx placed 1 Apr @ 11:47 AM for 2 $1 Silver Proofs received today.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's almost as many Pete Rose Signature label Gold Proofs as there are First Strike Gold Proofs....what's up with that???? image

edited to add: Why do Pete Rose labels have more 70's than the FS labels? image
    What's an 'Authorized Facsimile?'
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>image
    What's an 'Authorized Facsimile?' >>

Means it's a copy of the signature and not an original.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, unlike PCGS's HOF signatures, all of NGC's are facsimile's (copies). That's one of the reason why their slabs go for a fraction of what PCGS's sell for.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

worthless

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    You guys are all worried about making a few dollars on the HOF coins.
    Maybe you should look back five years and start picking up some of the formative years error pennies.
    I am cleaning up on them right now.
    I took some of the money I made on the HOF coins and had a whole bunch of the different ones graded and they are selling well.
    Sold 3 of them today alone to a private buyer for $100 each.
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just paid for the PR gold from my 3-28, 12:51 PM order. My UNC gold is still on back order, expected to ship Aug 10.
    Mark

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You guys are all worried about making a few dollars on the HOF coins. >>

That's a very ironic statement coming from you Pitboss.....image

<< <i>

That's a very ironic statement coming from you Pitboss.....image >>

It is that the mint has done it's usual job and screwed the collector as usual.The early birds got the worm and have moved on like me, now everyone else is left holding the bag and hoping for a rebound years down the road. I am too old to wait years for my profit while the mint decides what they are going to do. I have reached the point in my life where I have learned to make a quick hit and move on with things that interest me. I swore I would not deal with the mint again but I figured I would give them one more shot and they blew me away again with their stupidity with these coins. I cancelled my last 39 coins because I did not need the drama and have moved on or back I should say to something that interests me. I hope all of you either make some money if that is what you want to do or get the coins you want for your collections.

<< <i>

<< <i>

That's a very ironic statement coming from you Pitboss.....image >>

It is that the mint has done it's usual job and screwed the collector as usual.The early birds got the worm and have moved on like me, now everyone else is left holding the bag and hoping for a rebound years down the road. I am too old to wait years for my profit while the mint decides what they are going to do. I have reached the point in my life where I have learned to make a quick hit and move on with things that interest me. I swore I would not deal with the mint again but I figured I would give them one more shot and they blew me away again with their stupidity with these coins. I cancelled my last 39 coins because I did not need the drama and have moved on or back I should say to something that interests me. I hope all of you either make some money if that is what you want to do or get the coins you want for your collections. >>

<< <i>

<< <i>image

Means it's a copy of the signature and not an original. >>

Not much appreciation for a Cal Ripken Jr. authorized facsimile.

eBay Link
    Winning Bid: $639

• FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    I had a Silver Proof and a BU with moving ship dates for ages. The Proof finally made it to my P.O. Box where it now
    awaits my pickup. I'll finally get to see one of these HOF's in hand !

The BU last had an expected ship date of 7/28 but now it's listed as " in stock and reserved". What should I take that
    to mean? Do I get a cancellation next? Not surprising if that's what happens.

The US MINT really sucks on delivery.
  • 2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    My uncirculated HOF silver dollar ..........

Order Date:04/08/2014 at 11:39 AM

Now in stock and reserved.

• 2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Hic-up

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file