Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPS just delivered my PCGS FS 70 set along with all the OGP's, that I purchased from ST. Beautiful set .. the enhanced MS coin looks like a reverse of the reverse proof. I'm very pleased that I didn't have to bother with a Mint order. My PCGS FS 70 order from GM, is still in limbo with shipment sometimes in July.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order status is showing, 5 units backordered. Expected to ship on 07/11/2013.
    Order placed at 1305 EST the day of the sale.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Paulyaces76Paulyaces76 Posts: 294 ✭✭
    OPA which label was that? And when did you place that order with silvertowne?
  • Options

<< <i>OPA which label was that? And when did you place that order with silvertowne? >>

Flag Label...ordered 6/6
  • Options
    Paulyaces76Paulyaces76 Posts: 294 ✭✭
    I don't think they got the eagle in yet then. I ordered 6/6 and mine haven't shipped yet! Everyone that has gotten theirs is the flag label!
    Thx for the quick reply
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Based on the simple fact the PCGS had sets to grade on June 20th and the first sets shipped from the mint on June 20th, yes you heard me correctly. I would speculate the the First Strike Cutoff is July 19th. >>

It might be July 19th, but no date shows yet on the FS page @PCGS. As I type this I'm on hold with CS. ........ Got through to Stephanie, she says "The date just went up on the FS page and it is July 19th". She said you do not have to send in the sealed box unless you send it after the cut off date. They recommend sending the sealed box but it is not required. Either label, the same rules apply. They just want to confirm that the coins were shipped by the mint in the first 30 days of release which is the rule to get FS designation for any coin sent in.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Based on the simple fact the PCGS had sets to grade on June 20th and the first sets shipped from the mint on June 20th, yes you heard me correctly. I would speculate the the First Strike Cutoff is July 19th. >>

It might be July 19th, but no date shows yet on the FS page @PCGS. As I type this I'm on hold with CS. ........ Got through to Stephanie, she says "The date just went up on the FS page and it is July 19th". She said you do not have to send in the sealed box unless you send it after the cut off date. They recommend sending the sealed box but it is not required. Either label, the same rules apply. They just want to confirm that the coins were shipped by the mint in the first 30 days of release which is the rule to get FS designation for any coin sent in. >>

Finally cooler heads prevail. It made no sense to sent the unopened Mint box for a FS label. image
  • Options

<< <i>Finally cooler heads prevail. It made no sense to sent the unopened Mint box for a FS label. image >>

Mine hasn't shipped yet but when I receive it I will still call CS before I open it because what I was told a little while ago and posted is not what I was told a few days ago. Things change. Better safe than sorry.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My order status is showing, 5 units backordered. Expected to ship on 07/11/2013.
    Order placed at 1305 EST the day of the sale. >>

My order was 2 minutes earlier and I have been "in process" with a 6/17 ship date since day one....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Finally cooler heads prevail. It made no sense to sent the unopened Mint box for a FS label. image >>

Mine hasn't shipped yet but when I receive it I will still call CS before I open it because what I was told a little while ago and posted is not what I was told a few days ago. Things change. Better safe than sorry. >>

I would think a simple clarification would be in order...not a major effort
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>UPS just delivered my PCGS FS 70 set along with all the OGP's, that I purchased from ST. Beautiful set .. the enhanced MS coin looks like a reverse of the reverse proof. I'm very pleased that I didn't have to bother with a Mint order. My PCGS FS 70 order from GM, is still in limbo with shipment sometimes in July. >>

Why would SilverTowne be so expedient on shipment compared to Goldmart?
    I would think Goldmart would be shipping anyday if ST has already shipped.
    Why did you buy sets from both vendors?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>UPS just delivered my PCGS FS 70 set along with all the OGP's, that I purchased from ST. Beautiful set .. the enhanced MS coin looks like a reverse of the reverse proof. I'm very pleased that I didn't have to bother with a Mint order. My PCGS FS 70 order from GM, is still in limbo with shipment sometimes in July. >>

Why would SilverTowne be so expedient on shipment compared to Goldmart?
    I would think Goldmart would be shipping anyday if ST has already shipped.
    Why did you buy sets from both vendors? >>

ST took cc & free s&h for about the same price that GM accepted check payments.
    I can't answer your question why.... a) ST was quicker in shipping and their sets are no longer available at this time. b) GM is dragging their feet and they've got hundreds of sets available for middle of July shipment and I suspect my orders (2) with them are part of the July scheduled ones. Also ST most likely had their shipment from the Mint directly mailed to PCGS or they trucked the pallets over themselves to PCGS.
  • Options
    GM finally showing out of stock for the PCGS FS's. That for some reason makes me nervous (about my orders) LOL!
  • Options

<< <i>GM finally showing out of stock for the PCGS FS's. That for some reason makes me nervous (about my orders) LOL! >>

All of their options for the 70 sets, PCGS & NGC are out of stock.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>GM finally showing out of stock for the PCGS FS's. That for some reason makes me nervous (about my orders) LOL! >>

All of their options for the 70 sets, PCGS & NGC are out of stock. >>

Hell yes maybe these are gaining some steam.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the first time ever I'm going for it and submitting for the FS insert. They state on the FS page if you want the capsules back, note this on the submission form. Is there an xtra charge? I still can't believe I'm submitting for a FS insert, must be aliens or something image The 07/19/2013 is the official cut-off date?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

That could mean nothing..........or perhaps they aren't getting as many 70s and previously estimated?
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

I ordered a couple sets on 5/9 at 10:36 PM. Order page shows an 8/8 Ship Date.

Do you suppose these sets will have any value by that date? Silver seems to be heading back to $6 oz. image

What was the final order numbers on these puppies?
  • Options

<< <i>I ordered a couple sets on 5/9 at 10:36 PM. Order page shows an 8/8 Ship Date.

Do you suppose these sets will have any value by that date? Silver seems to be heading back to $6 oz. image

What was the final order numbers on these puppies? >>

281,310 ordered but that is not final as there will probably be many thousands of cancellations.
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing 265K, making it the highest minted for the Reverse Proofs.
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    As to the sets value- if the enhanced ASE is unique to this year only then in the long run even the non FS sets will do well. You could likely sell the high mintage reverse proofs in the immediate future for enough to end up with free enhanced ASEs. If the enhanced ASEs are included in all future sets as the mint has done with the reverse proof, then it will all come down to future mintage numbers as well as % of 70s and FS/ER labels.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I like these reverse proofs, but alas the novelty has indeed worn off for me and that is coming from a die hard ultra modern collector. The canadazation of these is getting too much. Personally, I sold off all my plat, gold, and silver reverse proofs, though will keep my ngc pf70 silver reverse proofs from all the years so far. The 2006 reverse proof had a lot going for it because of its uniqueness, but I am afraid from now on there will always be a reverse proof minted every year from the mint. I do like the enhanced ASE though because so far it is unique. Lets hope the mint keeps it that way. Time for an ultra high relief ASE now.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

That could mean nothing..........or perhaps they aren't getting as many 70s and previously estimated? >>

Or it could also mean that the remainder of their submissions are still being graded.

So far PCGS has graded 737 enhanced 70 FS
    and ..............................802 reverse 70 FS

pop is going up by several hundred every day.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered a couple sets on 5/9 at 10:36 PM. Order page shows an 8/8 Ship Date.

What was the final order numbers on these puppies? >>

Yep, mine were pushed back, perhaps past the First strike deadline, it's real close, and I ordered at 3PM !!!

I will cancel if I don't get the first strike deadline.

SO, if the Mint sent all its sets to the big dealers and now has to push everyone else's sets out past the first strike deadline, I think there will be MAJOR cancellations.

I'm not bashing the big dealers, as they ordered before me and should get their coins before me.

However, the Mint, on many occasions has set a limit for the first week or two to ensure fair distribution, those are the Mint's words.

I think the Mint will have to implement this again, even if its for the first day or two, maybe a week.

I mean the First strike market has all but been cornered. (unless the Mint changes the ship date again).

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this email today:

Greetings from the United States Mint.
    We regret to inform you that the item(s) listed below
    are currently on backorder. Please expect your item(s)
    to arrive within the timeframe listed below.
    Track your order at http://catalog.usmint.gov
    Thanks again for shopping with the United States Mint.

Order #:
    Sold To :
    Ship To :
    Item: S40 Qty: 2 Exp Ship: 9/30/13
    2013 AM EAGLE SILVER 2-COIN SET (WP)

Looks like I will be waiting awhile, hell had I known that I might have just cancelled and ordered a graded 70 set.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I try to sell a First Strike Modern or Early Release Modern to a brick and mortar dealer they do not care about it and really do not offer a premium. When I offer to the big modern guys, they say, well we already have those and I will pass or get out the gray sheet and offer a little more. So my question here with these particular coins is, what value is the first Strike or early release if you do not wish to sell on ebay?

Thanks!

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Mine just went from "5 units backordered. Expected to ship on 6/17/2013" to "5 units backordered. Expected to ship on 07/11/2013".

I ordered within the 1st hour on the day of release.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>Every time I try to sell a First Strike Modern or Early Release Modern to a brick and mortar dealer they do not care about it and really do not offer a premium. When I offer to the big modern guys, they say, well we already have those and I will pass or get out the gray sheet and offer a little more. So my question here with these particular coins is, what value is the first Strike or early release if you do not wish to sell on ebay?

Thanks!

image >>

You need to sell to those that value the FS label above the plain jane label & eBay or in some instances, the BST is the place. You may pick up a bargain from those BM dealers by paying the plain jane price for a FS labeled coin. image Most FS labeled coins, I don't know about the NGC ER coins, do carry a premium over the non FS labeled coin and as you know, PCGS's price guide does reflect that.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks OPA! My concern is that the FS/ER labels are becoming the "Plan Jane" standard prices and the regular PCGS labeled coins will/are being heavily discounted in MS/PF69 and some 70's. Dealers in my area want it both ways, they mark up FS/ER labels but pay little premium for them...
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my 5 units changed from the 7/11 date to the 7/25 date image

Erik
  • Options
    FWIW... I just got off the phone with Corbin over at PCGS and the FS cutoff date is 7/19...

Erik
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many the Mint has ready to ship?

It can't be too many because no one is reporting receiving them.

Has anyone received sets from the Mint or tracking number.

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

That could mean nothing..........or perhaps they aren't getting as many 70s and previously estimated? >>

Or it could also mean that the remainder of their submissions are still being graded.

pop is going up by several hundred every day. >>

OPA, I went to the PCGS Website....and I did not see the pops for these coins.

Please advise your source.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks in advance. >>

As the saying goes "If I told you I'd have to etc".......PCGS is the source..................All you need is the coins in hand and post the # in your registry set. #517956 for the enhanced & 517988 for the rev. proof.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks in advance. >>

As the saying goes "If I told you I'd have to etc".......PCGS is the source..................All you need is the coins in hand and post the # in your registry set. #517956 for the enhanced & 517988 for the rev. proof. >>

Thanks for the PCGS coin #'s

Got these from the Pop report.......your source is much more up to date......why do you need a registry set to get your current pops?

Thanks once again
  • Options

<< <i>your source is much more up to date >>

registry set will give you current totals. The pop report only gets updated once a week or every other week or once a month, whenever time allows it to.
  • Options
    I just had the first order status change since day one of ordering (1:03pm)....went from shipping on 6/17 to shipping on July 4th....like that's gonna happen. It would be a real pissa if those 1st day orders keep being pushed back and beyond the FS/ER date...only the big boys will have them
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I just had another status change on my order. Earlier this week it went from expected delivery of 6/17 to "In Stock and Reserved" with the cancel box still visible. I just checked and the cancel box has disappeared. My Order number: 41480XXX was placed on day one at 12:18 PM.
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My expected delivery date started as 7/25, changed to 7/11 for 2 days early this week, and then changed again to 8/08. It's a good thing I'm not playing the flipping game.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    dmarksdmarks Posts: 450 ✭✭
    Tons of these sets are going to get canceled by those who were hoping to make first strikes and now are going to decide to forgo them altogether or buy them on the secondary market.
  • Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the first strike cutoff date?

Let the cancellations begin.

mine just moved from 6/17 shipping to 7/19 shipping My order got through at 2:15
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just had another status change on my order. Earlier this week it went from expected delivery of 6/17 to "In Stock and Reserved" with the cancel box still visible. I just checked and the cancel box has disappeared. My Order number: 41480XXX was placed on day one at 12:18 PM. >>

Thanks, I just checked mine and same thing cancel box gone and my debit card has the funds on hold.

So maybe they will have tracking number later.

Joe

order # 41480xxx 12:18
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone know the first strike cutoff date?

Let the cancellations begin.

mine just moved from 6/17 shipping to 7/19 shipping My order got through at 2:15 >>

CUTOFF DATE for FS is 7/19... July 19th

Erik
  • Options
    My 12:22pm order status just changed to shipped. Now it will take 2 weeks to get here by the stupid method the Mint uses for shipping. First class mail would take 4 days. Why they don't offer a flat rate mail option is beyond me.

Will it get here before the July 19th FS deadline? I hope so.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My 12:22pm order status just changed to shipped. Now it will take 2 weeks to get here by the stupid method the Mint uses for shipping. First class mail would take 4 days. Why they don't offer a flat rate mail option is beyond me.

Will it get here before the July 19th FS deadline? I hope so. >>

My sets were shipped on the 20th, with an estimated delivery of 7/1. I actually recieved them on the 26th. So I think you will be safe as far as FS designation. I ordered about 12:12pm. And I live in MA.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My 12:22pm order status just changed to shipped. Now it will take 2 weeks to get here by the stupid method the Mint uses for shipping. First class mail would take 4 days. Why they don't offer a flat rate mail option is beyond me.

Will it get here before the July 19th FS deadline? I hope so. >>

My sets were shipped on the 20th, with an estimated delivery of 7/1. I actually recieved them on the 26th. So I think you will be safe as far as FS designation. I ordered about 12:12pm. And I live in MA. >>

I live in Hawaii. I've been getting 2 week delivery from the mint ever since they went to this system of using FedX then the post office for the last leg delivery. It's stupid as far as I am concerned and solved if they just offered a US Post Office option for shipping. Right now I have the choice of $4.95 for two week delivery or $25 for 4 day delivery. Flat Rate USPO would be 4 days at a max of about $7-$8. I'd pay if they just offered it.

It's nice that you got 6 day delivery. I just wish I had that option.

• Options
    Huh, so I didn't care about the FS game on my two sets (I ordered a 70 set from Goldmart). But this whole time my shipping date was 9/30, but this morning:

2013 AM EAGLE SILVER 2-COIN SET (WP) 2 $139.95 $279.90 2 units backordered. Expected to ship on 07/13/2013.

• Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Order number: 41480XXX
    Order Date: 05/09/2013 at 12:18 AM
    Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

I finally received a tracking number for my order. Hopefully others who ordered in the same time frame have the same good news waiting for them when they check their order status.
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Remember the FS eligability is not based on when you receive the item, but
    when the item was shipped. Some package labels show the date shipped.
    All packages should contain an envoice indicating date shipped.
    The order number on the mint website will show date shipped.
    The tracking number at the shipper website will indicate date shipped.
    (If you decide to keep it sealed to verify at a later date)

(l8-)>>

• Options
    Anyone check to see how much PCGS will charge to return ship the OGP for a First Strike submission?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file