Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    My five sets had a 7/14 expected ship date and I cancelled. Decided to sit this one out. Was hoping to keep one and sell four to cover the one I was keeping but with the PM bloodshed today it just makes buying two ounces of silver for that price even less appealing image
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>jessewvu said: "My order shipped today "

Can you give the details of your order please? Like when your order logged. >>

Order logged at 12:05 #41478XXX shipped 6/20
    Order logged at 12:13 #41479XXX in process w/ a cancel option (expected ship date 6/17/2013)
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks jessewvu. Please post when that 12:13 one ships. Maybe we can guestimate the timing for shipping more 1st 30 minute orders.

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Order number: 4149xxxx

Order Date: 05/09/2013 at 03:02 PM

WAS 7/11, now 6/27.... back order date. Cancel box still there.

We'll be swimming in silver very soon.

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    SilverTowne has received "some" sets...

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    Check also this gallery...

SilverTowne
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Good grief....

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Do you see what I was talking about Kudbegud. Had SilverTowne and the other big boys placed their order at the opening bell, it was going to take some time to fill their order before the common folks orders were shipped.

Man, I love that cart of monster boxes in the galllery picture. Anyone know where that was? It appears to be a "Hotel" buyer/seller event!! image
  • Options
    SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>SilverTowne has received "some" sets...

image >>

I guess those are all going to be PCGS graded PR70 and MS70 coins.
  • Options

<< <i>Do you see what I was talking about Kudbegud. Had SilverTowne and the other big boys placed their order at the opening bell, it was going to take some time to fill their order before the common folks orders were shipped.

>>

It's a lot, but it's not that many. The sticker says 20 a box, looks like 40 boxes a pallet, that's 800 sets. Looks like 5 pallets, so 4000 sets, even if it was 10 pallets, that would be 8000 sets. Just compared to the amount of coins the mint can produce in a day, it's just a blip to them.

Now, if your talking pcgs grading, then I think there will be a delay in your sets getting graded.

• Options
    Yes coins101 I get it. The question is did Silver Town and other dealers who receive their shipments this weekall place their orders in the first few minutes? I would like to see the confirming emails to each with the time stamp. But like was pointed out, what can you do? Call Coin World to investigate and expose what took place? Call your Congressman? File a Class Action Suit?

So I called CS and got this info:
    No cut off date has been set for FS eligibility
    To get FS you have to send the sealed mint package showing the shipping date
    OGP will be returned at no cost if noted on the submission form
    Coin designation numbers are no longer required so just putting the description on the form is all that is required

I asked that they make a post here on the forum with the details once they are in place

PS: no change in the status on my order page at the mint

• Options
    Kudbegud, I would HOPE the Mint is truly shipping FIFO!

goldbuffalo, that might have just been the first day's shipment. Who knows how many trucks were still on the road. Which brings up another question - they are really shipping this many by Jim Bob's Trucking Company?

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes coins101 I get it. The question is did Silver Town and other dealers who receive their shipments this weekall place their orders in the first few minutes? I would like to see the confirming emails to each with the time stamp. But like was pointed out, what can you do? Call Coin World to investigate and expose what took place? Call your Congressman? File a Class Action Suit?

So I called CS and got this info:
    No cut off date has been set for FS eligibility
    To get FS you have to send the sealed mint package showing the shipping date
    OGP will be returned at no cost if noted on the submission form
    Coin designation numbers are no longer required so just putting the description on the form is all that is required

I asked that they make a post here on the forum with the details once they are in place

PS: no change in the status on my order page at the mint >>

I was told regular rules apply. Only need sealed package after First Strike deadline.

Look at gallery pics coins are ready to go without sealed box.

Joe

• Options
    i'm not understanding why sealed boxes.

Maybe after the cut off date, but I don't think these coins have been minted any place else.

• Options

<< <i>i'm not understanding why sealed boxes.

Maybe after the cut off date, but I don't think these coins have been minted any place else. >>

If you can open the boxes, you will submit only the coins you think will make MS70...
  • Options
    At first the CS rep said you only need the sealed box if you submit after the FS deadline. I explained the rumors and speculation happening on the forum and he put me on hold for about 2 minutes while he checked. He came back on and said that for FS designation requires the sealed package from the mint showing the shipping date even if sent to PCGS before the deadline. I wasn't going to argue with him or try to explain why that was crazy...he is just the CS rep.

I agree that sending to PCGS before the undetermined deadline should not require the sealed box. nibanny is 100% correct. Why be required to send in coins that you know won't make the grade? This policy is insane and really needs to be reviewed. I just don't know how to get this reconsidered.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Do you see what I was talking about Kudbegud. Had SilverTowne and the other big boys placed their order at the opening bell, it was going to take some time to fill their order before the common folks orders were shipped.

>>

It's a lot, but it's not that many. The sticker says 20 a box, looks like 40 boxes a pallet, that's 800 sets. Looks like 5 pallets, so 4000 sets, even if it was 10 pallets, that would be 8000 sets. Just compared to the amount of coins the mint can produce in a day, it's just a blip to them.

Now, if your talking pcgs grading, then I think there will be a delay in your sets getting graded. >>

I believe Silvertowne along with Goldmart was in N.O. and placed their orders with the Mint rep. on 5/8..... One of the orders, per the Mint, was for 6,000 sets.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Maybe after the cut off date, but I don't think these coins have been minted any place else. >>

If you can open the boxes, you will submit only the coins you think will make MS70... >>

If you look at the Silvertown photos, they are removing all the coins from the OGP. So they must be submitting them in the airtights to the TPGs. Do they have different rules when it comes to submitting? I don't think so.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you can open the boxes, you will submit only the coins you think will make MS70... >>

If you look at the Silvertown photos, they are removing all the coins from the OGP. So they must be submitting them in the airtights to the TPGs. Do they have different rules when it comes to submitting? I don't think so. >>

I noticed that. SilverTowne needs some FS but also some "easy" MS70. I think they are going to submit the ones that are worth it...
    If you check their website they have a bunch of different labels from both NGC and PCGS, all non-FS.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you look at the Silvertown photos, they are removing all the coins from the OGP. So they must be submitting them in the airtights to the TPGs. Do they have different rules when it comes to submitting? I don't think so. >>

I noticed that. SilverTowne needs some FS but also some "easy" MS70. I think they are going to submit the ones that are worth it...
    If you check their website they have a bunch of different labels from both NGC and PCGS, all non-FS. >>

That makes sense, I didn't think of that. So you think they are also sending in the sealed boxes to get FS ,ER and FR status?

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe Silvertowne along with Goldmart was in N.O. and placed their orders with the Mint rep. on 5/8..... One of the orders, per the Mint, was for 6,000 sets. >>

And all that shipped for $4.95.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I believe Silvertowne along with Goldmart was in N.O. and placed their orders with the Mint rep. on 5/8..... One of the orders, per the Mint, was for 6,000 sets. >>

And all that shipped for $4.95.

image >>

I bet they were entitled to the upgrade to overnight delivery as well! image
  • Options

<< <i>

That makes sense, I didn't think of that. So you think they are also sending in the sealed boxes to get FS ,ER and FR status? >>

I would love to know, from an operations/sales standpoint, how they send their submissions.
    I think they have some model based on experience/data and allocate certain percentages to each service.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Order 4147xxxx
    Placed 5/9/13 11:11 AM CST

Email of shipment notification yesterday, 6/20/13.
    Mint web site states shipped 6/20/13.
  • Options

<< <i>I explained the rumors and speculation happening on the forum >>

image I believe the only rumors and speculations I have seen here are from you. image
  • Options

<< <i>At first the CS rep said you only need the sealed box if you submit after the FS deadline. I explained the rumors and speculation happening on the forum and he put me on hold for about 2 minutes while he checked. He came back on and said that for FS designation requires the sealed package from the mint showing the shipping date even if sent to PCGS before the deadline. I wasn't going to argue with him or try to explain why that was crazy...he is just the CS rep. I agree that sending to PCGS before the undetermined deadline should not require the sealed box. nibanny is 100% correct. Why be required to send in coins that you know won't make the grade? This policy is insane and really needs to be reviewed. I just don't know how to get this reconsidered. >>

It sounds that the information you were given was inaccurate. By all means do what makes you feel the safest. However, I have in the past and will continue to submit just the coins in the caps before the deadline and I will get first strikes on them.

I am just trying to save you some postage.
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Wednesday June 19, 2013 4:43 PM
    order from 12:12 in stock and reserved cc hit cancel box gone ...

Order just REVERTED to "backordered to july 09", credit card reversed (After 5 days in stock and reserved????????)

(l8-)>>

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my order status: In Process, Expected to ship on 6/17/2013. Gonna have to utilize the "wayback" machine on this order!
  • Options

<< <i>Wednesday June 19, 2013 4:43 PM
    order from 12:12 in stock and reserved cc hit cancel box gone ...

Order just REVERTED to "backordered to july 09", credit card reversed (After 5 days in stock and reserved????????) >>

Did your cancel box come back???
  • Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    My ship date just went from 7/11 to 6/28....
    Ordered first day 3:15
  • Options
    Mine remains the same, unchanged from the beginning: ordered 12:22, ship 6/17, cancel box visible

• Options
    Well, it would apppear things are the same at the US Mint! image
  • Options
    Well, I just notified by ST my 2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver PCGS 70 FS graded sets shipped.

Anyone else? Nothing from GM at this time.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, I just notified by ST my 2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver PCGS 70 FS graded set has shipped.

Anyone else? Nothing from GM at this time. >>

mine shipped out on the 20th, 3 days late. it should be at my door tues. or weds. of this week. ill keep ya posted.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
  • Options
    Love the coins!
  • Options
    Man, what a turn around. From the Mint to ST, then to PCGS and then to your door today. Assuming they shipped from the Mint on 6/17/2013, ONE WEEK turn around from Mint to your door - GRADED!!! How close to ST do you live? I wonder if PCGS is shipping them direct to ST's customers?????
  • Options

<< <i>Man, what a turn around. From the Mint to ST, then to PCGS and then to your door today. Assuming they shipped from the Mint on 6/17/2013, ONE WEEK turn around from Mint to your door - GRADED!!! How close to ST do you live? I wonder if PCGS is shipping them direct to ST's customers????? >>

It may be that ST had them sent directly to PCGS.

Joe
  • Options
    Very true Joe. So, those pictures above are just the open sets they are selling. man, they bought more than a truck load - looks like they bought a boat load!!!
  • Options
    jessewvu, did you get graded sets or your order from the Mint?
  • Options
    They came in poorly packaged boxes, nothing like those shown in the threads above (big dealers?)
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ST order shipped today...expected delivery 6/26....also, no info on my GM orders
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Looks like rawset presales are getting creamed for a loss...I'd expect this trend to get much worse...
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes cancel box reappeared, and now.....(24 hrs later),

my order has Re-Reverted to in stock and reserved, cancel box gone, cc hit again.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    Well, my graded sets will be here Friday. I am glad this is the route I took rather than dealing with the Mint and it's quirks.
  • Options
    The Mint is slow moving on these.

My order just changed to 'in stock and reserved' with cancel box still there.

Joe

• Options
    My 12:22 order has also changed to in stock and reserved, cancel box visible

• Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    My 5/9, 3:38 ordered sets which had been listed as 7-11 shipments have been pushed out to 7-25. Very tempted to cancel as I purchased some pre-order GM and MCM sets. If I cant get FS or ER not much point in getting OGP sets.
  • Options
    keezkeez Posts: 842
    I'm one minute after you drfish and the same thing occurred with my order - changed from 7-11 to 7-25.

Does anyone know the FS cutoff date?

• Options
    Based on the simple fact the PCGS had sets to grade on June 20th and the first sets shipped from the mint on June 20th, yes you heard me correctly. I would speculate the the First Strike Cutoff is July 19th.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file