Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Options
    Thanks HATTRICK - I just ordered from Legacy Rare Coins as well (I'm sure you will see your "finders fee" in the mail from them too image )

Nooker
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOOKER,

You are welcome. Glad I could help. This is my first order from them. I was looking everywhere for a PCGS 70 flag label set.

I did a Google search and found them. Seems like a good deal. I hope it works out for both of us.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latest PCGS 70 pop report...7/3

Enhanced....1857
    Reverse......1817

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Latest PCGS 70 pop report...7/3

Enhanced....1857
    Reverse......1817 >>

Do they show the total? Meaning 1857 70's out of xxxx total. Your using the certificate number so you only see the numbers for that grade, right? No 69's or 68's.

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    69 pop report shows

671 for the RP and

586 for the EP

Registry is more accurate but those are the #'s in the pop report for the FS
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Latest PCGS 70 pop report...7/3

Enhanced....1857
    Reverse......1817 >>

Do they show the total? Meaning 1857 70's out of xxxx total. Your using the certificate number so you only see the numbers for that grade, right? No 69's or 68's. >>

Correct..but Casman has the 69 totals...
  • Options
    Thanks OPA and Casman.......
    OPA is reporting 70's via the registry method and Casman showed the 69's from the Regular population report. The same that I reported earlier. Two different things.
    what I'm trying to determine is the % of 70's, and by deduction, the 69's referenced to the total graded. The more accurate and up to date registry method needs access where the regular population report is available to anybody. To know the % the total needs to be known in addition to the individual parts. Knowing the count of 70's alone without the total is limited knowledge. 1857 En Unc 70's out of how many total graded? 1858? or 10,000? A big difference in percentage terms.

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭
    Bet the Flippers are bummed about this issue.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    reading the whole thread .. this set was a hassle to buy .. returned sets??? ...I got a 3 pc 2006 gold 20th anniv set 3 months after sell out date, in Dec 2006 from Mint..... my friend got a banged up 2011 25th Anniv silver set after sell out date..... he complained to the Mint was told his set was a return from someone else ......I just bought a 70 set from a dealer .. just relax
  • Options
    Modern coinMart has the 2013 sets in PCGS70s and NGC70s for 259.00.. wholesale =190.00?
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Modern coinMart has the 2013 sets in PCGS70s and NGC70s for 259.00.. wholesale =190.00? >>

For $259, I only see listed NGC and not ER/FS?
  • Options
    the novelty wears off after awhile ....for the 1st strike label...PCGS 70 is good for me ..
    A while back I was selling 2006-2009 1st strike gold buffalos.... the B&M didn't give a hoot about 1st strike
  • Options
    RP 69 First Strike from registry is @ 924

EP 69 First strike from registry is @ 736

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the novelty wears off after awhile ....for the 1st strike label...PCGS 70 is good for me ..
    A while back I was selling 2006-2009 1st strike gold buffalos.... the B&M didn't give a hoot about 1st strike >>

Some collectors do "give a hoot"

PCGS FS

PCGS 70 non FS
  • Options

<< <i>RP 69 First Strike from registry is @ 924

EP 69 First strike is @ 736 >>

Without giving the total graded this number is just a number. 924 out of how many? Is it 50% or 10% 70's? A big difference won't you agree?

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    This is the best I can find.

Joe

• Options

<< <i>This is the best I can find.

Joe

image >>

Thanks Joe. These are the same that I reported July 1st. What I'm hoping to get are the more up to date registry set numbers that requires a certificate number.

• Options

<< <i>

Without giving the total graded this number is just a number. 924 out of how many? Is it 50% or 10% 70's? A big difference won't you agree? >>

Maybe I don't understand the question but the numbers are available. Does PCGS total them for us? No, but it seems to me that if we simply take the known totals for each, then create the % number.

For example, if 200- 70's 100- 69's total 300 graded 66% 70's...

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    From an EBAY listing through Certificate verification:

MS69FS cert #27926214 PCGS Coin #517956 POP 586

PR69FS cert #27926222 PCGS Coin #517988 POP 671

These are not my coins, just certs from EBAY listing, I do not have ASE Registry set

An order from 12:11 1 unit shipped on 06/28/2013 Delivered Washington, DC 07/02/2013

An order from 12:17 1 unit shipped on 06/28/2013 Delivered Washington, DC 07/02/2013

(l8-)>>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Without giving the total graded this number is just a number. 924 out of how many? Is it 50% or 10% 70's? A big difference won't you agree? >>

Maybe I don't understand the question but the numbers are available. Does PCGS total them for us? No, but it seems to me that if we simply take the known totals for each, then create the % number.

For example, if 200- 70's 100- 69's total 300 graded 66% 70's... >>

I can't see the registry numbers so I don't know what can be seen. I take it it isn't like the regular population numbers exampled above in a screen grab. I'll do the math from yours and OPA posted numbers:
    Rev PF 69's = 924 of 2741 or 33.7%, 70's = 1817 of 2741 or 66.3%
    En Unc 69's = 736 of 2593 or 28.4%, 70's = 1857 of 2593 or 71.6%
    What is unknown are the 68's and below which would change the total of each type and the % accordingly.

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Well, i have more evidence PCGS favors the big dealers, as if we need more.

Got my sets from SilverTowne, what a joke. Not blaming silver towne, they didn't grade them.

Large, obvious marks that can be seen with the naked eye, and i need glasses. I could send these in a million times and never get a 70.

I really don't think anyone at PCGS looked at these, straight from the Mint capsule to the 70 holder, maybe that is how they got them so fast, no one even looked at them. Any of us 'regular' people wouldn't even send these in to get graded, it would be a total waste of money.

Thanks to Silver towne for their generous return policy, they are accepting the return without issue . image

Boo to PCGS, the days of ordering a PCGS 70 and being 99% sure you are going to get a 70 are wayyyy over. image

• Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    Well, i have more evidence PCGS favors the big dealers, as if we need more.

Got my sets from SilverTowne, what a joke. Not blaming silver towne, they didn't grade them.

Large, obvious marks that can be seen with the naked eye, and i need glasses. I could send these in a million times and never get a 70.

I really don't think anyone at PCGS looked at these, straight from the Mint capsule to the 70 holder, maybe that is how they got them so fast, no one even looked at them. Any of us 'regular' people wouldn't even send these in to get graded, it would be a total waste of money.

Thanks to Silver towne for their generous return policy, they are accepting the return without issue .

Boo to PCGS, the days of ordering a PCGS 70 and being 99% sure you are going to get a 70 are wayyyy over.

That is an absurd accusation. Nice knowing you.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, i have more evidence PCGS favors the big dealers, as if we need more.

Thanks to Silver towne for their generous return policy, they are accepting the return without issue . image

Boo to PCGS, the days of ordering a PCGS 70 and being 99% sure you are going to get a 70 are wayyyy over. image >>

Mine was completely the opposite...flawless 2 coin PCGS 70 set. image
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody receive a set from Goldmart yet??? Mine is still "In process"

Their pile of boxes must have been behind the rest of the big sellers...
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody receive a set from Goldmart yet??? Mine is still "In process"

Their pile of boxes must have been behind the rest of the big sellers... >>

Mine is still "In Process" too.
  • Options
    My order from the Mint will be here Friday.

Usually they arrive around 9-10 AM I hope I am home to get them.

If anyone is interested I will post some pics.

Joe
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine was completely the opposite...flawless 2 coin PCGS 70 set. image >>

Same for my sets!!!
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, i have more evidence PCGS favors the big dealers, as if we need more.

Thanks to Silver towne for their generous return policy, they are accepting the return without issue .

Boo to PCGS, the days of ordering a PCGS 70 and being 99% sure you are going to get a 70 are wayyyy over.

That is an absurd accusation. Nice knowing you. >>

Not so absurd. I received 2 PCGS 70 sets from Silvertowne. One is as advertised. No flaws on either coin. The other set has an Enhanced coin graded 70 that shows obvious marks under magnification, as if something was dragged across the coin, which should have been caught by PCGS. I called Silvertowne and they will take the set back but they have no replacements. I also think PCGS standards are slipping at least when it comes to these mass releases.
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    . I know that I sold about a third of the 25th and half of the 75th anniversary bulk graded 70 sets I purchased because of obvious marks. To members receiving less than stellar West Point 70 sets,if you don't mind the minor hassles, I would reccomend selling these sets on eBay. Even after fees you'll make some money (around $50) .
    Kevin Crane is good to deal with and he has PCGS 70 sets in hand for $300 if your dealers don't have sets to exchange.
  • Options
    Pop 70 PCGS FS as of 7/4..(slowing down)

Enhanced.............1870
    Reverse...............1830

Happy 4th to everyone....
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Seem to be (available again) back in stock at Goldmart

(l8-)>>

• Options

<< <i>Seem to be (available again) back in stock at Goldmart >>

@ $20 higher per set. Still shipping by mid July.
  • Options

<< <i>

@ $20 higher per set. Still shipping by mid July. >>

Actually $25 higher. I wonder if they aren't getting as many 70 sets as they thought they would or are they just watching ebay and see they are going north of $300 a set.
  • Options
    My 1:03pm order was marked as "shipped" on July 4th...(label created anyway)...I'm impressed that they get it done on the holiday
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

@ $20 higher per set. Still shipping by mid July. >>

Actually $25 higher. I wonder if they aren't getting as many 70 sets as they thought they would or are they just watching ebay and see they are going north of $300 a set. >>

Is GoldMart at $299 per the best price for these on the net? Is the consensus here that prices will rise or fall back in the future once all sets are shipped?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i> Is the consensus here that prices will rise or fall back in the future once all sets are shipped >>

Pretty safe to say that would be the case.....
  • Options
    Completed prices for PCGS 70 FS in hand on eBay are slowly rising to around $370+ for a set. Judging from past experience, this could either be the beginning of a gradual climb in price or not far away from the "bubble bursting." Toss a coin, it could go either way.
  • Options
    I think the "enhanced" eagle will keep prices up for a while.

I received my sets yesterday from the US Mint.

They all look great (my eyes aren't what they use to be) and will be in Newport Beach Monday morning.

Here's hoping for a bunch of 70's

Joe

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins, Joe! Good luck with the grades!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Completed prices for PCGS 70 FS in hand on eBay are slowly rising to around $370+ for a set. Judging from past experience, this could either be the beginning of a gradual climb in price or not far away from the "bubble bursting." Toss a coin, it could go either way. >>

If a lot of PCGS 70s come out ...price will drop like the 2011 silver 25th anniv sets .. gets your in early
  • Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my set in today. I really like the Enhanced Eagle. Really the only reason I bought the set.

image[/URL]
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got my set in today. I really like the Enhanced Eagle. Really the only reason I bought the set.

image[/URL] >>

Great looking pic!!

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arrived today 7/8/2013 and put in it's proper place

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr110/dwhiznh/017a_zps1de1365e.jpg?t=1373303562

Dang I hate when that happens what am I doing wrong? I figured it out

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    Never mind - you figured it out!!!

So, do you use the plastic slide covers in your album? If so, how do you keep from getting slide marks on your coins?
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Never mind - you figured it out!!! >>

Thanks anyhow
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just was looking at a "Don't Tread on Me" PCGS insert. I was unaware of this. Apparently PCGS is for limited Gov't, so am I.
    July 19th is the cut-off date for FS right? After this date the entire box has to sent in unopened?

EDIT: Never mind confirmed the July 19th date.

2013ASEset
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Has any one who ordered from Goldmart received any correspondence as to when to expect their order(s)? I realize, that when I placed my order(s)in late May & early June, it indicated shipping by the middle of July, however as a courtesy to their customers, it would have been nice to get status updates with definite shipping dates.
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OPA,

I agree. I am also waiting for two sets from Goldmart. I had one NGC set ship today from Pinehurst and they now have NGC sets in stock.
    I also ordered a PCGS Flag Label set from Legacy Coins which comes with a free American Silver Eagle book autographed by Miles Standish and OGP.
    They said they were waiting to get coins back from PCGS they sent 2,000 sets. They were hoping to start shipping by the end of this week and are still taking orders.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OPA,

I agree. I am also waiting for two sets from Goldmart. I had one NGC set ship today from Pinehurst and they now have NGC sets in stock.
    I also ordered a PCGS Flag Label set from Legacy Coins which comes with a free American Silver Eagle book autographed by Miles Standish and OGP.
    They said they were waiting to get coins back from PCGS they sent 2,000 sets. They were hoping to start shipping by the end of this week and are still taking orders.image >>

They also raised the price to $299.00.
    Goldmart

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file