Home U.S. Coin Forum

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    For customers who have placed pre-sale orders, or are planning to purchase PCGS Certified Sets, due to logistical issues at the U.S. Mint, and the bottleneck at PCGS, sets will be delayed and should ship the week of July 21st.

Nice teamwork from Goldmart. Way to blame a vendor. I'm sure PCGS won't be happy to see that.

Note to Don Willis: Raise the price of what you charge to Goldmart by 50%.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Well, I am sure PCGS is slammed - but I am sure they are doing the best they can!!! No doubt GM has fielded a lot of calls from the impatient ones!!!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God Bless America

Land of the Free

and

Home of the Capitalist image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    Lots of coins backed up at PCGS for Goldmart, Modern Coin, Legacy, ECT. ECT.

OPA,

Get ready to watch the numbers on your counter spin!image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think the mint has shipped more than 60,000 of these sets yet.
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I do not know if the grading room is backed up but receiving isn't

My sub was signed for on Monday afternoon and logged in on Tuesday.

Will post when grades are available.

3 days have gone by and I have checked a dozen times. image

Joe
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lots of coins backed up at PCGS for Goldmart, Modern Coin, Legacy, ECT. ECT.

OPA,

Get ready to watch the numbers on your counter spin!image >>

Really?
    Latest pop report
    enhanced....2581 + 111 more
    rev. prf.......2123 + 86

It appears that the 70's are slowing down to a crawl. Next week should give us a better idea.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    OPA,

I sure hope the numbers don't increase too much. My funds for collecting are limited and though I only buy what I

like, or in the case of silver what I am addicted to, I would like the value to remain equal or greater than what I paid.

I hope you don't take any of my kidding personally as I am only trying to add a little humor to the forum. I am

grateful to you and all of the other knowledgeable members of the forum for the info and personal insights you

provide to rookie collectors like myself. I have read the forum daily since the 2011 Eagle Set " ADVENTURE "

and it has renewed my interest in collecting and has provided me with knowledge and direction.

Thanks Again to ALL on the Forum,

Dennisimage
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices coming down quickly
    It appears that all of us(myself included) who thought we might make a few bucks on these sets are going to have a rude awakening it appears.

<< <i>Prices coming down quickly
    It appears that all of us(myself included) who thought we might make a few bucks on these sets are going to have a rude awakening it appears. >>

Prices have gone down by about $40 - $50 per PCGS 70 FS sets....Now averaging in the $320-$350 range.
    Looks like the graded sets are flowing from the big guys. I got my NGC set from Goldmart yesterday. Two beautiful perfect coins.
    Outer sleve on OGP was a little banged up as it was shipped in a priority bubble pack instead of a box.

OPA,

What is the latest count on the PCGS 70's

Thanks
    Latest count...PCGS

enhanced.........3007
    reverse............2513

about a 20% increase from Friday in both types
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

It appears that all of us(myself included) who thought we might make a few bucks on these sets are going to have a rude awakening it appears. >>

Unlimited ordering=unlevel playing field. The "good" ole flip as it were, is done.
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Big boys always get the coin prices early .. Goldmart was out with the 2006 sets couple days after shipping started.. got some of the highest prices for sets on the bay at that time..

• libertydudelibertydude Posts: 243 ✭✭
    Freaked out after checking on my GM order. It says 'awaiting payment' rather than 'awaiting shipment' (or something more accurate). Yesterday, CS, said there's no problem and will be shipping next week. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I canceled orders for 397 sets today so you can remove those from the "total sold" number.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    This might be interesting as people keep cancelling orders because of the prices keep dropping. Granted, the orders cancelled on here are small compared to the total ordered but how many non-forum members are cancelling and just buying on the open market. Some may have thought that buying 5 sets, selling 4 and hoping to get a set free would be a good idea but now, maybe not!
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't surprise me if the mint sees 50k in cancelled sets before this is all said and done.
  • nagsnags Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit surprised at the price of these. The final mintage should be similar to the 2012 SF set, but this set has two unique coins instead of one. Seems to me that the PCGS70 sets are low. This set should sell for more than the 2012.

<< <i>I'm a bit surprised at the price of these. The final mintage should be similar to the 2012 SF set, but this set has two unique coins instead of one. Seems to me that the PCGS70 sets are low. This set should sell for more than the 2012. >>

Once the "official" Mint figures are released, it may very well do so. Actually, in the 2013 set, only 1 coin is unique. This is the 4th silver reverse proof.
    latest pops. another fairly big increase (PCGS FS 70'S)

enhanced..........3843
    reverse.............3660
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I canceled orders for 397 sets today so you can remove those from the "total sold" number. >>

I don't blame you, I either want my CC charged and the sets shipped or I might cancel too. This waiting for months stuff is for the birds.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't blame you, I either want my CC charged and the sets shipped or I might cancel too. This waiting for months stuff is for the birds. >>

I'm in dangerous limbo right now. My order is "In Process" as of Monday with the Cancel box gone, but hasn't shipped yet. My credit card shows the charge as "Pending". The First Strike cutoff is in 2 days. Will it ship by the 19th? It's going to be close...
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This might be interesting as people keep cancelling orders because of the prices keep dropping. Granted, the orders cancelled on here are small compared to the total ordered but how many non-forum members are cancelling and just buying on the open market. Some may have thought that buying 5 sets, selling 4 and hoping to get a set free would be a good idea but now, maybe not! >>

That's what I did, worked pretty good.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • My order for 3 sets placed on May 9th finally got shipped today and looks will make the First Strike cut-off date of July 19th if submitted unopenned

- What is the best course of action ? Submit all 6 unopened?
    - Keep them in the box till final mintages known?
    - Try to sell an unopen box (is there a market for them like in 2011) ?

Nooker,

My set from Legacy shipped today. Your's should be on the way soon.

Hattrickimage

<< <i>My order for 3 sets placed on May 9th finally got shipped today and looks will make the First Strike cut-off date of July 19th if submitted unopenned >>

What was your order number? Was it anywhere near 41493xxx? Just trying to get an idea of where they are in the processing pile...
  • JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    mbogo,
    My order is 41507XXX, still has the cancel box and says it will ship 7/22.
  • @mbogoman

Order #: 41492XXX Order Date: 5/09/13
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order 41510XXX shows backordered, expected to ship 8/9/13, cancel box still there.

This singular delay (I placed my order on 5/9/13) could play into my hands.

I'm going to buy a 70/70 pair for peanuts, and then cancel the Mint order, undoubtedly adding to the pile of cancellations they'll get from others like me, and from the big buyers of mulitples who thought they could flip graded sets for big bux.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered one set on the first day at 12:20. It shipped 6/28. Normally it takes 10-12 days to get here but this time it was 18 days with no change on the Post Office tracking page since 7/3. Needless to say I was getting very antsy. They showed up in yesterdays mail at 2pm and I immediately opened it. They look perfect so they went right into a flat rate box for shipment today to PCGS, ready to go by 3:15pm. I'll be going to the Post Office in a little over an hour to get them on their way for another month of transit/grading/return delays. And with my luck I'll get back a pair of the first reported 68's in the population report LOL.

<< <i>@mbogoman

Order #: 41492XXX Order Date: 5/09/13 >>

Thanks. Looks like they might get to mine today or tomorrow since I'm within 1000 of yours...assuming they are processing in order...image
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered one set on the first day at 12:20. It shipped 6/28. Normally it takes 10-12 days to get here but this time it was 18 days with no change on the Post Office tracking page since 7/3. Needless to say I was getting very antsy. They showed up in yesterdays mail at 2pm and I immediately opened it. They look perfect so they went right into a flat rate box for shipment today to PCGS, ready to go by 3:15pm. I'll be going to the Post Office in a little over an hour to get them on their way for another month of transit/grading/return delays. And with my luck I'll get back a pair of the first reported 68's in the population report LOL. >>

That 68 ending is priceless.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got an email from Legacy that my 70/70 FS flag label set shipped today. I hope they included the ASE book with my order, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm a bit surprised at the price of these. The final mintage should be similar to the 2012 SF set, but this set has two unique coins instead of one. Seems to me that the PCGS70 sets are low. This set should sell for more than the 2012. >>

Once the "official" Mint figures are released, it may very well do so. Actually, in the 2013 set, only 1 coin is unique. This is the 4th silver reverse proof. >>

This is what I keep thinking, the enhance version is unique and these cancelled orders may surprise a few in lowering the final numbers.
    what's the deal with the enhanced proof coins with proof like fields? They are graded MS by PCGS but sure look like proofs to me, nothing like the US Mint sales pictures.
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't blame you, I either want my CC charged and the sets shipped or I might cancel too. This waiting for months stuff is for the birds. >>

I'm in dangerous limbo right now. My order is "In Process" as of Monday with the Cancel box gone, but hasn't shipped yet. My credit card shows the charge as "Pending". The First Strike cutoff is in 2 days. Will it ship by the 19th? It's going to be close... >>

Ya same here I have 5 sets with card charge box gone But i think we are good and will ship by tomorrow i think. But i did cancel my last 20 set. I dont know if we are getting the returnes from the big orders that sent back all the 68,9's So i know they will not make 1st strike and not to many 70's, There will be alot of the non 1st strikes going around and the price will drop on them. Till we see how many did cancel.

Hoard the keys.

<< <i>I dont know if we are getting the returnes from the big orders that sent back all the 68,9's >>

Almost physically impossible for that to happen now a days. You have only 7 days to return an item once received. I would guess, it takes more than a total of 7days to ship to a 3d party grader, have the item graded and returned to the dealer. Those 68's will be sold either as BU OGP sets or possibly peddled by the TV hucksters.image
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Almost physically impossible for that to happen now a days."

What if you had staggering orders with fresh sets coming in each week?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Stagger. That's what I do.

<< <i>"Almost physically impossible for that to happen now a days."

What if you had staggering orders with fresh sets coming in each week?

Wondercoin >>

Good point. I think you answered your own question. Is that from experience?image
  • JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    I don't t think you could count on staggering your orders to any large extent. I have an order from the first day that still hasn't shipped yet.
    Latest pop report....slowing down a bid.

enhanced.......4136
    reverse..........3814

<< <i>I would love to see the numbers stay that low but expect the total FS 70's from PCGS to easily reach 10,000.
    The NGC Early Release will probably be in the 15,000 - 20,000 range. Add in the ANACS 70's and the total
    could top 30,000. Just my projections from what I have seen and heard. I hope I am incorrect.image >>

Seems like we are halfway there already. Totals are for all 70's which is what will count in the future as
    first strike, early release and first day of bull $$it will mean nothing years from now. image

<< <i>Seems like we are halfway there already. Totals are for all 70's which is what will count in the future as first strike, early release and first day of bull $$it will mean nothing years from now. image >>

>>

I suspect you have not been following the modern PCGS key coin(s) auction resales, otherwise you would not have come up with that assessment. It may be bull kaka to you, but not the public that collects them. And most of them do realize, it's not a so called "first strike." SOME LABELS DO COMMAND A PREMIUM.
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    The cancelled order/returns will this a sleeper winner....friends /coin club members have cancelled orders for over 100 sets so far
    OPA,

If you read the whole statement I only mentioned years from now. I am well aware of the current label premiums and have
    purchased only first strikes and early releases and have financed my hobby on the profits from them. However it is my opinion that eventually the
    the label premium and flipability will wear off and it will only be the coin and it's condition that determine the value. Just as we value modern coins
    differently than our parents, our children and grandchildren will value them differently than us. Again this is only my opinion.

P.S. First Day of Issue will never maintain the label premium realized on the First Day of Sale.

<< <i>OPA,

If you read the whole statement I only mentioned years from now. I am well aware of the current label premiums and have
    purchased only first strikes and early releases and have financed my hobby on the profits from them. However it is my opinion that eventually the
    the label premium and flipability will wear off and it will only be the coin and it's condition that determine the value. Just as we value modern coins
    differently than our parents, our children and grandchildren will value them differently than us. Again this is only my opinion.

P.S. First Day of Issue will never maintain the label premium realized on the First Day of Sale. >>

Could very well be true, however, I don't believe that's gonna happen. Those labels have been around for over 10 years, and so far, have not detracted from their premiums.
    I am covered either way. Besides being addicted to the shiney metal I love the look of the Flag Label the most.
    But there are always exceptions as with the National Parks Silver Quarters. I get the NGC slabs because I like the individual pictures on them.
    I get the non early release because the additional line of wording distracts from it. This is my set and will pass to my granddaughter
    when I go to that "Big Silver Vault" in the sky.image

Of course all must be Perfect 70's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file