Home U.S. Coin Forum

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Ok .If the mint struck all these coins and stacked them up, then shipped them first order first out, wouldn't the first one shipped be the last one struck, and the last one shipped be the first one struck..if so..I have probably have the true first strike. image
  • ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>what do you mean by "chopped up units" if you received waffled coins you might have hit the jackpot >>

I too would like to know what you mean by "chopped up units" although I have a very good idea of what you're referring to. You're probably talking about receiving someone else's rejects if they don't appear to be 69's or 70's.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    By " chopped up " I mean if you can see a few marks or scratches or anything without a loup. Of course no one wants Coins with any flaws so they go back to the shipper.

Well still no good word from the US Mint website so the wait will continue. This 7/19 Ship Date really has me wondering. What is the reasoning?

Maybe a Congressional Hearing is needed here?

• SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My 3 sets with a 7-19 ship date finally shipped on the 26th >>

==========================================

My 4:10pm order - status changed to In Stock And Reserved. Cancel box gone.
    Still no shipping date.
  • CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭

<< <i>How does your coins look there? Do they appear to be in good condition without any noticeable scratches or dents on the coin when looking with the naked eye withint 6" away? =) >>

I received 10 sets that all look flawless under a X10 loop.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anybody received a shipping notice on the PCGS sets from Goldmart yet?image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭
    I haven't heard a word from GoldMart on shipping status either. Did they put a year after their comment "shipping mid-July"? Maybe they mean July of 2014! image Terrible customer service in my opinion.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I haven't heard a word from GoldMart on shipping status either. Did they put a year after their comment "shipping mid-July"? Maybe they mean July of 2014! image Terrible customer service in my opinion. >>

They will not be receiving any further business from me.

latest pop report

enhanced...............6969
    reverse..................6453

btw..latest eBay auction results are around $300 per set, and dropping.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I haven't heard a word from GoldMart on shipping status either. Did they put a year after their comment "shipping mid-July"? Maybe they mean July of 2014! image Terrible customer service in my opinion. >>

I haven't either and to think I was speaking very highly of them not to long ago. Not anymore!!! They are still blaming PCGS for the delays and absolutely refused to offer a refund. I will NEVER do business with GoldMart and anyone considering to do some need to get their head examined.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I'm no expert, but failing to ship and refusing a refund under these circumstances would likely be deemed a violation by the FTC. It's commonly referred to as the 30 day rule. That rule is not an ebay creation.

<< <i>I'm no expert, but failing to ship and refusing a refund under these circumstances would likely be deemed a violation by the FTC. It's commonly referred to as the 30 day rule. That rule is not an ebay creation. >>

Unfortunately I believe, that only applies to credit card purchases...time to contact the BBB.

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm no expert, but failing to ship and refusing a refund under these circumstances would likely be deemed a violation by the FTC. It's commonly referred to as the 30 day rule. That rule is not an ebay creation. >>

Unfortunately I believe, that only applies to credit card purchases...time to contact the BBB. >>

BBB for Goldmart

<< <i>

Unfortunately I believe, that only applies to credit card purchases...time to contact the BBB. >>

You would think this would violate the Uniform Business Code in someway. BBB - DONE!!!
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>latest pop report

enhanced...............6969
    reverse..................6453

btw..latest eBay auction results are around $300 per set, and dropping. >>

Looks like if you didn't acquire 70s for these issues, you own a nicely-designed silver tiddly-wink.
    For someone who has only been incorporated since March 2009, you would think they lick their wounds and treat their customers with respect rather than telling them to go jump in the lake! And to think they keep blaming PCGS when all the other sellers of these sets don't seem to have any issues with PCGS. It is real obvious it is a GM issue, not PCGS!!!
    Goldmart's website now claims shipping week of July 29th.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    EBAY seller jawapez ....has 7 1st strike PCGS 70,70 sets with spots on the MS-70..... anyone else seeing spots on the MS Silver Eagle ?

<< <i>

I don't think that is correct. I believe it applies to all transactions except maybe cod's.

<< <i>http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

Here is info on the 30 day rule >>

"The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time." If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days

FTC guide
  • ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

BBB for Goldmart >>

Wow, they have 57 complaints closed with 48 of them in the last year?
    So, I wonder how they get "closed?" I asked for a 100% refund. Do they close it if I get a refund?

Well, it appears if the BBB doesn't get a response after 30 days, the complaint is closed. So, I guess cloosed doesn't mean resolved. It could just indicate IGNORED!!!
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are on sale again!!!

Link

<< <i>EBAY seller jawapez ....has 7 1st strike PCGS 70,70 sets with spots on the MS-70..... anyone else seeing spots on the MS Silver Eagle ? >>

Yes.
  • hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

<< <i>These are on sale again!!!

Link >>

How is that allowed? I thought they can only sell them in the one month window?
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
    beats me. you can only find them if you look under "Items No Longer Available" image

I guess there were enough cancelations they decided to sell them off. However, the number of "units ordered" will most likely not reflect actual mintage. FOIA request anyone?

<< <i>These are on sale again!!!

Link >>

No they aren't. I put one in my cart and it says not available.

See below:

A product in your Shopping Cart is no longer available for purchase. Please remove the item(s) listed as "Not Available" to continue with your order.

I swear to goodness I could add them to my cart 15 minutes ago.

They are showing sold out now. I guess someone loaded the boat.
    I blame a large dealer here that reads the boards! (You can send me a thank you card w/ an awesome coin in it)
    Wow. That sucks. There goes any chance of a reduction in mintage.

The crazy thing is he can still get Early release if these ship fast enough to him.
    I think the cutoff was July 19 US Mint ship date, at PCGS anyway.
    Hold up here please. These weren't for sale again. Right now, for a second time I just went in and added 1 to my shopping cart. I hit checkout and it says item no longer available. I think it is a glitch.

<< <i>Hold up here please. These weren't for sale again. Right now, for a second time I just went in and added 1 to my shopping cart. I hit checkout and it says item no longer available. I think it is a glitch. >>

You are correct. I called the mint and they said that orders were actually going through, but the confirmation numbers for the order did not exist.. Weird.
    she also said that that happens at night and they can't fix it because the IT people are not there. I also asked if they were selling canceled orders and she stated that they are just not minting them. So, i think these may be in production for a while until they are sure they will not have a lot laying around.

<< <i>

<< <i>http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

Here is info on the 30 day rule >>

"The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time." If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days

FTC guide >>

And here's the rest for board members with delayed orders past 30 days:

If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise.

The BBB in my opinion is a waste as a business can have 1000's of complaints but it doesn't protect those that don't know to look. Most only look that up after the fact..

<< <i>I think the cutoff was July 19 US Mint ship date, at PCGS anyway. >>

NGC gave an extra month. So really everything is Early Release eligible by them. So, there should be no premium whatsover for NGC Early Release.
  • jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭
    I received mine, finally, yesterday and I LOVE the enhanced ms version! image
    Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014

<< <i>And here's the rest for board members with delayed orders past 30 days:

If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise. >>

So, by refusing to refund my money, they are in violation of the FTC rules? I not only requested a refund on the phone, I followed up with an email requesting the same.

<< <i>The BBB in my opinion is a waste as a business can have 1000's of complaints but it doesn't protect those that don't know to look. Most only look that up after the fact.. >>

The sad part is I had done a lot of business with them before and WAS perfectly happy!

Latest pop report..it appears PCGS is finished with the gradings of dealer bulk submissions.

enhanced.......6980 + 11
    reverse..........6461 + 8

<< <i>

<< <i>And here's the rest for board members with delayed orders past 30 days:

If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise. >>

So, by refusing to refund my money, they are in violation of the FTC rules? I not only requested a refund on the phone, I followed up with an email requesting the same.

<< <i>The BBB in my opinion is a waste as a business can have 1000's of complaints but it doesn't protect those that don't know to look. Most only look that up after the fact.. >>

The sad part is I had done a lot of business with them before and WAS perfectly happy! >>

I don't see how they're not in violation. Regardless of payment method, they must allow the option to you, if you want to just wait, or they must refund. Most other retail businesses have a system in place whereby a post card would go out informing you of your options and those notices will indicate item is still backordered and to contact them if you wish to wait otherwise a refund will be issued.
    Well, I sent off another email to GoldMart with the FTC lauguage in it and agaiin asked for a full refund. Further, I asked for a response to my email as they have not responded to any of my previous email.

any bets I won't hear a peep from them???

<< <i>Well, I sent off another email to GoldMart with the FTC lauguage in it and agaiin asked for a full refund. Further, I asked for a response to my email as they have not responded to any of my previous email.

any bets I won't hear a peep from them??? >>

I would also file a complaint here:

ftc complaint link

While 1 complaint may not necessarily get their attention, a few would likely do the trick.
    raw sets on the bay at $189.00..... on a bin .......late delivery to flippers may drop price

<< <i>raw sets on the bay at $189.00..... on a bin .......late delivery to flippers may drop price >>

Actually, I have seen some "69" sets going for around that price, with free shipping.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A collector/investor whom I know told me today that he has cancelled his order of 70 sets which he placed on the first day of sales as they are no longer FS eligible. I wonder how many will be cancelled in total and what the final, audited sales figures will be.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • drfishdrfish Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Great Collections has PCGS 69 FS sets for sale at $160 - much better than eBay raw sets

<< <i>Great Collections has PCGS 69 FS sets for sale at $160 - much better than eBay raw sets >>

a ebay seller has 80 sets for sale .. this set will drop as more sets are shipped.... but a great price for a pcgs set
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could get FS PCGS sets for ~$160 shipped WITH the original packaging, I would do it and cancel my orders at the mint.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Pretty soon they'll be paying people to take them to avoid the storage fees...image
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent this email to GM yesterday.........

Hello,

I would like a tracking number on my order.

Thank you.

No response.......this is inexcusable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file