Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Options
    2bucks2bucks Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Grew tired of waiting and cancelled my order of 2 sets. My understanding is silver per/oz mint sales have plummeted from June till now. So their should be no shortage of bullion... right?

I have to wonder what the real deal is...
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭
    I got a shipping notice just now from Goldmart for my PCGS 70 First Strike set.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got this email............

Hello, GB
    Order shipped on 07/31/2013 via USPS PRIORITY with Tracking Number 94108102008288xxxxxxxx. 6.10dep/6.19esd
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at sales@goldmart.com or by phone.
    Thank you for allowing us to be your Precious Metals Dealer. 100008xxx
    Regards,
    Goldmart.com
    America's Low-Cost Precious Metals Dealer

I guess I'm happy now. image
  • Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone order it from CoinAdvisor.com and recieved?
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    I ordered both blue label NGC ER 70s and Flag PCGS FS 70s at GM. When the NGC sets came in but the PCGS were on indefinite delay, I called and asked GM to ship the NGCs. The CS rep was pretty short and informed me that they would not ship until all the items in the order were in stock. Now that the PCGS sets have arrived , I didn't get a ship notice so I checked their website. Ironically the blue ER NGCs are now out of stock! Guess I will be spending some time on the phone tomorrow with another helpful GM Customer service rep.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got this email............

Hello, GB
    Order shipped on 07/31/2013 via USPS PRIORITY with Tracking Number 94108102008288xxxxxxxx. 6.10dep/6.19esd
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at sales@goldmart.com or by phone.
    Thank you for allowing us to be your Precious Metals Dealer. 100008xxx
    Regards,
    Goldmart.com
    America's Low-Cost Precious Metals Dealer

I guess I'm happy now. image >>

I got the same email. It's about time.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Yup, I got the same email.

"Thank you for allowing us to be your Precious Metals Dealer." image

Like they will get anymore of my business!!!!!
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW !!! gold mart has a 289.00 price for PCGS 1st strike 70/70 2 pc sets
  • Options
    719 listings on the bay now for the 2 pc set.. lowest price for a raw set $175.00 BIN...
  • Options
    Ordered the early release from MCM on 6/8 and just received this morning. Glad no more delays or waiting.
  • Options
    Latest FS PCGS 70 pop report

enhanced.........7027.....+147
    reverse............6505.....+ 44

• Options

<< <i>Latest FS PCGS 70 pop report

reverse............6505.....+ 44 >>

seller on ebay saying 60- 70% of his sets....both to NGC and PCGS coming back as 70/70
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My GM order did not ship yesterday.image

Ordered on 6/4. Hope it will ship today.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << Latest FS PCGS 70 pop report

reverse............6505.....+ 44 >>

Just an assumption, but assume 200 fresh sets yielded 147 enhanced 70's (73.5%). However, 44 reverse proofs is just 22% then. I wonder if this is due, in part, to the spotting problem on these coins that is being talked about more and more out there?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Though I am sure I have seen less than 5% (probably less than that) of the silver eagle coins you have Wondercoin but all of the ASE I have had passed through my hands and that I have saved, raw and slabbed, I have yet to have not one with spots or developed spots. I wonder if it has to do how they are stored and what the climate is like where they are stored.
  • Options
    Mine also was ordered on 6/4 and have yet to ship from GM! I am not as worried though, I think it will only be a couple of days now!
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW !!! gold mart has a 289.00 price for PCGS 1st strike 70/70 2 pc sets >>

WoW but are they shipping them?image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>WOW !!! gold mart has a 289.00 price for PCGS 1st strike 70/70 2 pc sets >>

WoW but are they shipping them?image >>

They say they are. A few of us received shipping notices. The label has been prepared but it hasn't hit the post office yet. Funny, they insured them for $50.00.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

WoW but are they shipping them?image >>

They say they are. A few of us received shipping notices. The label has been prepared but it hasn't hit the post office yet. Funny, they insured them for $50.00. >>

Sounds like the GM shipping clerk has not visited their post office yet.
    $50 Insurance????.......that's a laugh!
    If I was Ralph Kramden in the Honeymooners......I would say to the GM clerk......

"One of these days, pow!, right in the kisser!"

Pow!
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    I called GM and was assured my sets would absolutely ship by next week. I don't think I'll hold my breath.
  • Options
    the delivery delay is costing money... ngc69s sets down to 170s.... raw in 160s-180s on the bay
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing, but I have always been a good guesser. The dealers who pounded the 140+ thousand sets the first day. Pre sold and kept boxes sealed for FS later on. They opened up eBay accounts and so on and sold their first batches to bidders for astronomical prices. When the price finally drops to normal, they will then send in the sealed FS eligible boxes for FS attribution and then send them off to those "who thought they could flip them quick." It's a win-win for the big guys, that's how the world works and to us "small guys" the game is over. I mean they pre-sale the FS 70's before they even get them and it takes them more than a month to ship...they are raking it in while they laugh cigar smoke out of their whiskey-wet mouths! I have no problem with this what so ever, thats just Capitalism at its finest! It takes money to make money image

Erik
  • Options
    You are probably right. As a middle man wholesaler during the beanie baby & pokemon craze I saw tens of thousands of cases go out the back door, sideways and every

way you could think of. I still say a prayer every night for TY. God bless Beanie Babies and God bless Ty Warner.

America " Land of the free and Home of the Capitalist"imageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    Anybody see their shipment from GM live at the post office yet?
  • Options
    JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

<< <i>7/29 today and my order shows this:

1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 07/19/2013. >>

Mine shows that too. Called the Mint. Evidently there are problems with the packaging that need to be resolved which is causing the delay. They said to expect shipping in the next few weeks. Pretty sad for something that was ordered back in May.

Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    410a410a Posts: 1,325
    Got no problem with this? Baloney! Tell the truth man! Another thing how could you not see this coming? Capitalism at its best my ass. Being in business has a moral factor to it. NOT ANYTHING just MORALITY so don't segway into something else. Modern coin flipping what a novel idea.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

What is this " GM" I keep seeing references to? Surely it isn't General Motors.

Could it be the " God Mint " ? A new supreme entity that now has the US Mint in its back pocket?

And what about my order, placed on 05/09/2013 at 10:36 PM , with an expected ship date of 07/19/2013, which still hasn't shipped.

Has the God Mint canceled everything after a certain mintage level. Are they stalling so everyone just cancels their orders?

Stay tuned for the latest development between the God Mint and the guy that will not cancel - even if the set price drops to $40 on the bay.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes my GM set went live:

94108102008838XXXXXXXX

Priority Mail 2-Day™

Depart USPS Sort Facility
    August 2, 2013

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    August 1, 2013, 9:26 pm

ANAHEIM, CA 92899

Electronic Shipping Info Received
    July 31, 2013

(l8-)>>

• Options
    Thanks for the info edgar! I already received my PCGS flag set from Legacy two weeks ago. This set is for my grandchild ( parents did not want to know sex until birth)

who is due on "Labor Day" so in no rush to receive it. I am putting away all 2013 eagles ( W.P. set, proof, bernished, W.P. bullion and S.F. bullion in PCGS 70 for him or her.

• Options

<< <i>Anybody see their shipment from GM live at the post office yet? >>

Yes...tracking indicates, my item accepted 8/1 with a delivery date of Monday(possibly Saturday)
  • Options
    Latest pop report...(This will be the last daily one)

enhanced.......7518 .. +491
    reverse..........6921 .. +416
  • Options
    OPA,

Thanks for the updates. Let us know when it hits 10,000. The number I will be looking for will be the final mintage number.

With what has been going on it could be anywhere.image
  • Options

<< <i>What is this " GM" I keep seeing references to? Surely it isn't General Motors. >>

GM = GoldMart. I think most like me hate typing their name as one may type GoddamnMart!!!

If you like to let them use your money for months, buy from them. If not, look else where!!!

If you like rude as well as poor customer service, buy from them. If not, look else where!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Anybody see their shipment from GM live at the post office yet? >>

Yup, mine is on it's way. I setup email tracking with USPS and have received two emails that they have it.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Recieved shipment notification from GM today as well.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    Just got email with tracking number. If it gets to post office by tonight I should get it on Monday.image

I should have it before the grandchild is born.
  • Options
    Hattrick, was your order in the 16,000 I know there are a lot more #'s then that but my last 5#'s are 16,000 something. I ordered the same day as you and I still have not received e-mail yet!
  • Options
    Paulyaces76,

My order # was just short of 17,000. I ordered the Blue West Point label as I already had a Flag Label on order which I received from Legacy two weeks ago.

It was a perfect set and included OGP and an Miles Standish autographed copy of the Amreical Eagles Book for $ 309 including shipping. Nooker got one as well.

Not to worry as GM usually sends two batches of emails. One mid day and one at the end of the day Pacific time. They ship Priority Mail which would get

almost anywhere by Monday if the get to post office by the end of today.image
  • Options
    My GoddamnMart order is finally shipped!

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Depart USPS Sort Facility ANAHEIM, CA 92899 August 2, 2013
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility ANAHEIM, CA 92899 August 1, 2013 9:24 pm
    Electronic Shipping Info Received July 31, 2013

That was for sure my last order with them. On the other hand my business win for APMEX and MCM image
  • Options
    BINGO! About time!
  • Options
    Anyone else get the GM apology email? LOL The President of GoldMart is packing boxes while on vacation in California. They have a picture of this hotel room showing all the boxes he is shipping. So, his vacation just became a tax write-off ROFL!! I wonder if they flew in an employee to do the actual shipping?

FYI – They stated that during that time period, they will have shipped 1,000 PCGS 70 FS sets
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭
  • Options

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Oh their president...

I was wondering for a minute why would Obama would be shipping these....???image
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure, Bully, that isn't your room with all of your sealed 2008 Buff super-sets?
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Just received the same eMail, even after both of my orders have been shipped.
  • Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    I ordered from CoinAdvisor.com and havent heard anything from them yet.
  • Options

<< <i>Are you sure, Bully, that isn't your room with all of your sealed 2008 Buff super-sets? >>

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...nevermind

Erik
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    USPS Just Delivered A GM Presidential Vacation package To A Home Near Washington, dc

(l8-)>>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file