Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I ordered 75 sets on the first day, and received them (finally) last week. I guess the First Strike designation is not possible now. Ugh. >>

If you keep them sealed you should be OK.
    Hopefully the order date is on the enclosed invoice.
    75 sets???? image >>

It used to be that the order date is irrelevant for a FS designation. The mailing date is what counts. My understanding is that the mailing date had to be prior to 7/19 to qualify for FS. Did PCGS change their policy? >>

OPA, you are right as always....MAILING date is the key criteria.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Goldbully, they are not for me personally, but rather for the company I consult to.

Problem is that the U.S. Mint seals were completely BROKEN on two of the three boxes! I will get pictures posted tomorrow. >>

No offense, but how could you have let that happen?
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Well, I picked my GM sets up from the Post Office (mailman is to lazy to come to my door) and the coins are great but the boxes took some hits. Why GM is so cheap to ship them in a bubble envelope is beyond me considering what their shipping charge was (3x the cost of the flat rate envelope cost). Even a flat rate box would have been cheaper than what they charged to ship them.

Can you say, "CHEAP, CHEAP!!!" Well, like I said before, I done with GoldMart. My "review" indicated these issues but I am sure they won't post it.
  • Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Problem is that the U.S. Mint seals were completely BROKEN on two of the three boxes! I will get pictures posted tomorrow. >>

No offense, but how could you have let that happen? >>

I didn't let anything happen. We opened the boxes ON CAMERA and the inner boxes (the ones sealed with US Mint tape) were cut open on two, and sealed on one. Has anyone else had this happen on boxes of 10 or more coins?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I didn't let anything happen. We opened the boxes ON CAMERA and the inner boxes (the ones sealed with US Mint tape) were cut open on two, and sealed on one. Has anyone else had this happen on boxes of 10 or more coins? >>

Could these be rejects??????
  • Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I didn't let anything happen. We opened the boxes ON CAMERA and the inner boxes (the ones sealed with US Mint tape) were cut open on two, and sealed on one. Has anyone else had this happen on boxes of 10 or more coins? >>

Could these be rejects?????? >>

7/19 was the cutoff for PCGS which wont help in any event for open boxes. As far as rejects, they certainly can be as the big boys conveniently monopolized all the coins till that date. But it is possible they just needed to remove some sets to make an even 75.

Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • Options

7/19 was the cutoff for PCGS which wont help in any event for open boxes. As far as rejects, they certainly can be as the big boys conveniently monopolized all the coins till that date. But it is possible they just needed to remove some sets to make an even 75.

This might be the case! Thank you for the insight.

The first box was sealed and we opened it. There were 25 sets. The second box--when we opened the outer box--was already opened, and there were only 23 sets. The panic set in at this point. Then we checked the third box. When we opened the larger, outer shipping box, the inner mint-sealed box was already sliced open like the previous box, but there were 27 sets in the box. The overall total was 75 sets. I just seemed spooky (for lack of a better term) that the mint-sealed shipping containers had been opened. Maybe they opened two boxes to double check the grand total?
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely there were opened boxes already from which they were shipping other orders. Just grabbed whatever was there to pack your order.

As their mint cases were 20 sets each something would have to be opened to get to 75.

I doubt the shippers at the fulfillment company worry about sealed cases. As far as FS is concerned I believe by opening the outer box you

would have voided any chance as I belive all must be sealed as comes from the mint. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Why would mint double box ? I might have missed it but did you say these came from the mint or a reseller?
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. The outter PBGS shipping box must remain sealed for FS designation after the date. Any inner container doesn't matter. Were these shipped after the PCGS cut-off date? what is your concern, First Strike elegibility or number of units received?

(l8-)>>

• Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    Since the GM email about their hardworking president and my last call to CSR promised my sets would be mailed by now, I called once again. This time I was told they will be shipped tomorrow. When I asked if they would absolutely,positively be shipped tomorrow the CSR was obviously miffed, replies" yes" then hung up on me.
    Impressive!
  • Options
    Talk about a PR nightmare for GM!!!! Wouldn't you think their CSR(s) would be instructed to sit, listen and be polite, no matter who is on the other end. Being rude (in my case) and hanging up the phone on people is not the way to go. The CSR must be related to El Presidente and knows her job is secure. I know one thing, the CSR's can make or break a company!!!
  • Options
    First it was mid July, then Week of July 21, then week of July 29, then by August 6, now by August 8.

Maby PCGS held their order because they kept promising the check was in the mail. I would not hold my

breath for the price refunds that were promised. Placed order at APMEX Saturday, shipped Monday, will be

delivered tomorrow. That how it should be done when items are supposed to be in stock.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

OK, so I just got off the phone with GM and they said my order will ship tomorrow (not holding my breath)
    I placed my order on 5/28.

I asked if I could cancel my order after tomorrow if not received and she told me they don't have a "return policy'!!

Then I asked about the promised "refund/lower price" and she said yes, that I would be getting that also!!

WE SHELL SEE . . WILL KEEP YOU POSTED image (Again, this is just for 2 sets PCGS FS 69's in US Flag holders)

Never again will I buy from GM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings

John
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK, so I just got off the phone with GM and they said my order will ship tomorrow (not holding my breath)
    I placed my order on 5/28.

I asked if I could cancel my order after tomorrow if not received and she told me they don't have a "return policy'!!

Then I asked about the promised "refund/lower price" and she said yes, that I would be getting that also!!

WE SHELL SEE . . WILL KEEP YOU POSTED image (Again, this is just for 2 sets PCGS FS 69's in US Flag holders)

Never again will I buy from GM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings

John >>

That sucks.

Just another case that sometimes the lowest price isn't the best choice. I know MCM and some of the others couldn't match GM's prices but the overall experience would have been worth paying a little extra.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

Yes, I have used/purchased from MCM many times and it's always been a great deal !!

I was just thinking; I live in So. Calif. (about 6 miles from Anaheim) maybe I should drive over and just pick up my coins from the "president" . . . LOL

I wounder how many RP Buffalo's GM will try to "Pre-Sale" image

Blessings

John
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    It's funny how things work out. We never can really pinpoint it. Usually we have all of our NGC new products shipped out before the PCGS counterparts. This time the people that pre ordered PCGS sets got them a month ago, and the last of the NGC sets were just shipped out....

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    Luckily I also purchased two PCGS 70 sets from MCM as preorders and I recieved them a couple weeks ago. One of the enhanced coins was graded 70 but had some hairlines. MCM promptly replaced it and even refunded my postage. Great customer service from MCM. With the 2012s Eagle sets I had a large volume cancel my preorders so this time I ordered from GM and MCM.

lesson learned with GM- from now on its either MCM or Great Collections for my modern coin purchases

BTW MCMs preorder price was $275 including shipping (and a book) so a much better deal than GM's $289/275 plus postage plus credit card surcharge plus horrible rude CSRs
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cancel box gone, in stock and reserved.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    Got my PCGS 70 Flag Proof Buffalo from MCM. Quick delivery excellent service. I will be ordering my Reverse Proof from them.image
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    just cancelled my order from the mint. ordered on 5/14 says expected to

ship 7/19. i'm not getting somebody else's rejects!
    figglehorn
  • Options
    I did the same thing this morning.....
  • Options
    To all you guys canceling mint orders, I recieved 3 sets late last week. 5/6 coins looked perfect. One Enhanced had a 6mm off silver circular area at about 9 o'clock on the reverse- that was only noted while tilting the coin under a good light.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To all you guys canceling mint orders, I recieved 3 sets late last week. 5/6 coins looked perfect. One Enhanced had a 6mm off silver circular area at about 9 o'clock on the reverse- that was only noted while tilting the coin under a good light. >>

Ditto. Just received my 2 sets today and I cannot find a flaw with my 9x loupe.

Now, if I had purchased these with pure flipping in mind, instead of collecting them, then I would have cancelled my order as they were ordered early afternoon on day 1 and didn't come until after fs deadline passed

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>To all you guys canceling mint orders, I recieved 3 sets late last week. 5/6 coins looked perfect. One Enhanced had a 6mm off silver circular area at about 9 o'clock on the reverse- that was only noted while tilting the coin under a good light. >>

Ditto. Just received my 2 sets today and I cannot find a flaw with my 9x loupe.

Now, if I had purchased these with pure flipping in mind, instead of collecting them, then I would have cancelled my order as they were ordered early afternoon on day 1 and didn't come until after fs deadline passed >>

I agree, why cancel now? Since the FS deadline passed on many of us that ordered on day one,which I think is BS, you will probably open them and inspect them. If they looked crappy you could always return them.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't collect these and I don't have them in store for delivery. I can get a loaf of bread anywhere.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't collect these and I don't have them in store for delivery. I can get a loaf of bread anywhere. >>

Twosides can you explain your decision on why you choose not to carry them in your store? I would have thought you could have sold quite a few.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received my GM order of one set yesterday. The promised refund of $15 was nowhere to be found. I will call today and see what CS says...

On another note, my order of two sets from the mint arrived a couple weeks ago while I was leading a safari in Zambia. They were First Strike eligible...until my wife opened the box looking for something she ordered from Amazon. Oh well...
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't collect these and I don't have them in store for delivery. I can get a loaf of bread anywhere. >>

Twosides can you explain your decision on why you choose not to carry them in your store? I would have thought you could have sold quite a few. >>

Without going into a dissertation of monumental proportions, punctuation errors, misguided musings, accountant's lamentations, and other reasons beyond my vocabulary and small brain; NO. But if you'd call me toll free at the office ( a coin shop , omaha), I'll try to explain it. This call may not be monitored or recorded, but I'll have your number on my caller I.D. and can send you spam. (NEVER and NOT... just teasing )

The truth is: I rarely get calls for modern stuff except Gold Buffaloes and Presidential Dollars. So it doesn't stand to reason to carry that when it's readily available from all of you guys who still love me. image Plus, it's a networking thing and I'm trying to find my niche. image I hope that makes sense.
  • Options

<< <i>This call may not be monitored or recorded, but I'll have your number on my caller I.D. and can send you spam. (NEVER and NOT... just teasing ) >>

What to bet? HSA will do it for you FREE!!!!!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dog gonnit......I'm disappointed that GM does not have the rev. Buffalo's for pre sale...bummerimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Hi, my two sets arrived yesterday but didn't have a chance to pick them up until this morning. I have not opened them yet. Like others on this thread, my ship date was 7/19 but they never shipped. Last week the order changed to in stock and reserved and then they shipped. It only took three months to get them.
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MCM got em for $279.00 PCGS OR NGC SP70/RP70 less if by wire
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    Finally received tracking confirmation that my last GM order was mailed out 8/7 ... should have it in hand by tomorrow. image
    This has been an experience for everyone involved. Let's hope GM learned their lesson as far as pre sales are concerned.
  • Options

<< <i>Dog gonnit......I'm disappointed that GM does not have the rev. Buffalo's for pre sale...bummerimage >>

You know, I just had to go to their site today just to see!!! image
  • Options
    latest PCGS FS 70 pop report. (big increase since last Friday)

enhanced...................12,156
    reverse......................11,105
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    These special anniversary sets is all I am collecting from the mint now on the ASE Series. Have them all in NGC 70s. Sold off everything else related to the series. I am a little wary collecting them in PCGS 70 only because the spot guarantee is gone from these in PCGS. I will collect gold and platinum in PCGS, but not silver. Can't wait til they make the ultra high relief ASE, but the mint is running out of anniversary's for these special sets. I can only guess they will probably only do these special sets for one or two more years. We shall see.
  • Options
    July 11,2013

<< <i>I would love to see the numbers stay that low but expect the total FS 70's from PCGS to easily reach 10,000.
    The NGC Early Release will probably be in the 15,000 - 20,000 range. Add in the ANACS 70's and the total
    could top 30,000. Just my projections from what I have seen and heard. I hope I am incorrect.image >>

Looks like we are well on our way there. Finally my GM order is live at the PO. Vacation's over as these were shipped
    from the home office.
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>latest PCGS FS 70 pop report. (big increase since last Friday)

enhanced...................12,156
    reverse......................11,105 >>

do you have the PCGS 69 pop report by chance?
  • Options
    I just received this e mail from GM...

"Dear Valued Goldmart.com Customer, We have issued you a store credit of $75.00 for the difference of the pre-sale price of the W Silver Eagle West Point 2-Coin Set PCGS PR70 / MS70 First Strike (West Point Label) . We appreciate your business. If you have any questions about this matter, or if we can assist you further, please call us at 888-470-0170."

I'll use it to buy some cheap bullion for less than $100 image
  • Options
    Store credit = refund. Hum, interesting. Remember, that cheap bullion will cost you around $17 to ship (if I remember right). Also, will you get the "cash price" on that bullion????

Changed Sore to Store though Sore may fit better! Personally, I don't consider a credit = to a refund.
  • Options

<< <i>Sore credit = refund. Hum, interesting. Remember, that cheap bullion will cost you around $17 to ship (if I remember right). Also, will you get the "cash price" on that bullion???? >>

101 You need a course in memory retention. Orders ranging from:

$0.00 - $149.99 ............... $5.95* s&h fee.

I don't charge bullion purchases...always pay by check to avoid the cc fee.
  • Options
    OPA,

Ask them if you can combine credits due to other customers. I will sign mine over to you.
  • Options
    Info on how to use the GM store credit.

a) place your order on line
    b) attach copy of the email indicating your store credit amount.
    c) subtract the store credit amount from your total order
    d) write a check for the revised amount. (no credit card order)
    e) mail out. Make sure you include a copy of the email.

It's a shame, that I had to contact them for instructions, instead them advising me, when they emailed me the store credit.

Never again.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latest Population Posting
    Over 16,000 of each have been graded with the first 67's reported. The 70%+ 70 grades are surprising.
    Enhanced Unc - 3 68's, 3,714 69's (22.7%), 12,653 70's (77.3%), 16,370 total
    Reverse Proof - 2 67's, 4 68's, 4,513 69's (28%), 11, 547 70's (71.9%), 16,066 total

• Options
    The 70%+ 70 grades are surprising

Not for everybody. For my little submission of 4 I've had submitted 4 (3 "Enhanced" and 1 RP) and only one RP came back 70. And I did examine them all under 20X but my rate is 25% image
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Not for everybody. For my little submission of 4 I've had submitted 4 (3 "Enhanced" and 1 RP) and only one RP came back 70. And I did examine them all under 20X but my rate is 25%"

For me either. I inspected my one set before I sent it in....looked perfect to me. Got the results late last week...2 69's. I wish they would provide a description of the faults that determined the grade. Where were there defects that disqualified me from 70's?

• Options
    That is the reason I stop buying for submission. If I want 70's, I buy them. I lost way too many times rolling the dice on coins I thought were perfect only to get the bad news they were considered not.
  • Options

I'm happy just collecting 69's, that being said, last Wed. when I talked to "GM" was told I would get my 2 pc. order the next day!!!

So far, and today is Monday and mail has come & gone. NO COINS FROM GM YET !!!! Not even an e-mail or anything

At this point, I don't even care about the "promised re-fund" I will never buy (or even look at there web page)

This is one sad CO. and will never deal with again . . .

Blessings (to all but GM)

John
  • Options
    Edited to say "never mind"
  • Options
    My brothers order, which was on b/o status for 9/27, was mailed out on Monday. Looks like the Mint must have received their display cases and are now finally mailing out the b/o's.

For those of you, who are still interested in the PCGS FS 70 pops....below is the last one from me.

enhanced..........13,316
    reverse.............12,172

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file