Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Well, for what it's worth, I just cancelled my 2 Set order.
    I got 2 Set's on order PCGS 69'S and 1 Set PCGS 70 Due to arrive tomorrow!!
    I was just going to "flip" the raw coins, sealed box, but don't think I would get now before the cut of date image

Blessings

John
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my last order was "shipped" today, we'll see if it actually shows up tomorrow... Fingers crossed. There's no way i'm going to pay to have all those shipped to PCGS for grading in the original us mint boxes.
  • Options
    my last order that shipped today was order number 41490XXX and Order Date: 05/09/2013 at 01:32 PM

another order 41496XXX, Order Date: 05/09/2013 at 03:24 PM, is still in process with a cancel box.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    cancelled non fs eligible orders

the usm has to do a better job getting these shipped. anything I had that was not shipped by today ***CANCELLED***
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last 5 orders in single box's shipped out today if they did not i was going to cancel them as well like i did the others i canceled 20 sets. But did rec 30 and the last five are on there way 5. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    I am absolutely disgusted with the US Mint fulfillment process for this offering.
    The so called first strike window has just closed and order shipping still seems
    to be at a trickle (I received my 2 seperate orders two weeks ago). The fulfillment
    of Huge commercial orders has destroyed any opportunity for small personal orders
    to flip or sell (I do neither), and resulted in the cheapest FS70 market price imaginable.
    The final numbers will surely be affected by returns/cancellations. What could cause such slow shipping?

Just interested are any "first hours" orders still waiting shipment, how about "first day" orders?

(l8-)>>

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just interested are any "first hours" orders still waiting shipment, how about "first day" orders? >>

First day order (12pm PST) of 5 sets is supposed to ship 7/19... We will see if my shipping label reads 7/19, if not...bust

I'm not mad either way, it is what it is image

Erik
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    latest PCGS FS 70 pop report...

enhanced......4394
    reverse........4143
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Maybe a change in ordering rules is necessary.....

Same window, same process but add one caveat.....

***Orders placed during the first week of the ordering period are limited to 5 sets per household***

This way you don't get stuck behind the big boys.............
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, for what it's worth, I just cancelled my 2 Set order.
    I got 2 Set's on order PCGS 69'S and 1 Set PCGS 70 Due to arrive tomorrow!!
    I was just going to "flip" the raw coins, sealed box, but don't think I would get now before the cut of date image

Blessings

John >>

You will be kicking yourself on those 69 set's over the next couple of years wishing you had got more 70's.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Simply Ironic. Does it seem ironic to some of us that our first day ordered S40 sets first were to be shipped in early July, well before the PCGS 7/19 FS deadline; then, orders showed an August shipping date (after the FS deadline) and then the order was changed to 7/19/13 but orders never went to reserved in stock by 7/19. IMO, the USM knew exactly how to play the FS game and wanted us to stay in their game until after 7/19 and until the cancellation box had disappeared. Comments.
    Specialized Investments
  • Options

<< <i>Simply Ironic. Does it seem ironic to some of us that our first day ordered S40 sets first were to be shipped in early July, well before the PCGS 7/19 FS deadline; then, orders showed an August shipping date (after the FS deadline) and then the order was changed to 7/19/13 but orders never went to reserved in stock by 7/19. IMO, the USM knew exactly how to play the FS game and wanted us to stay in their game until after 7/19 and until the cancellation box had disappeared. Comments. >>

Interesting observation, I thought of it to because the date wasn't changing. I think the US Mint will put these back on sale for a week to sell the canceled orders. Everyone will insist they are returns and complain about the quality.

I like the comment above about order limit for first week, seems fair to me.
  • Options

<< <i> ***Orders placed during the first week of the ordering period are limited to 5 sets per household** >>

or no more than 10
  • Options
    USM actually limited much more expensive 2013 Plat Liberty purchase to 5 during the first week.

Would make sense to do the same to the more popular "special" issues
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Cakes:

"You will be kicking yourself on those 69 set's over the next couple of years wishing you had got more 70's. "

70's are too rich for me, I have 3 full sets of MS69's ASE's 1986 - 2013 All in PCGS MS69 holders, many are FS.
    It was cheaper to buy the FS 69 Sets for the Enhanced Coin and I can sell the RP coin later or just keep/add to my other RP coins image

I did buy the one 70 as I think this is a GREAT SET!!!

Blessings

John
  • Options
    Hattrick,
    Yup, mine shipped the same day, and just received it today (Friday 7/19). To me, I got a real deal. VERY nice Mercanti American Silver Eagle book, the OGP, and all for free shipping @ $309.

thanks again, I owe you one

Nooker
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nooker,

Glad it worked out well for both of us. I still get that warm & fuzzy feeling when something I did or said

works out for someone else. Earning my Brownie points for when I go to that " Big Silver Vault" in the sky.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    latest pop report....(big jump for both coins)

enhanced.........5604
    reverse...........4967

• Options
    Watch those counters spin !!!!image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    Just checked my order status - placed first day 3:28est . Great news it's in process and expected to ship 7-19 ( yes that is yesterday!) crazy
  • Options

<< <i>Earning my Brownie points for when I go to that " Big Silver Vault" in the sky.image >>

I'm pretty sure brownie points aren't accepted in the big coin vault in the sky.
  • Options
    jessewvu,

Oh well ! I have done things in my lifetime that will probably send me in the other direction.image

I have only posted on the forum recently but have read it every day since you started your epic post on the 2010 ATB's.

I hope the WP sets you received from the mint are all 70's. This little guy on my shoulder.image

made me cancel my mint order and order 70's from a dealer.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my pair of PCGS Flag flip 70s from Legacy yesterday. Stunning coins and well packaged with the OGP and the hardcover ASE signed book all for $309, a great deal, imo.

I have 3 sets scheduled to ship from Mint on 7/24. I wasn't planning to send them in but keep them for my PC, so I'm fine with that.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought two sets 3 minutes apart, the first set will be FS eligible, the 2nd set not....go figure.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>jessewvu,

Oh well ! I have done things in my lifetime that will probably send me in the other direction.image

I have only posted on the forum recently but have read it every day since you started your epic post on the 2010 ATB's.

I hope the WP sets you received from the mint are all 70's. This little guy on my shoulder.image

made me cancel my mint order and order 70's from a dealer. >>

While I hated the ATB process if you did get an order in at least you could make some money out of the whole ordeal. It looks like the new process has all but ruined that.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a weird experience...I had my first set marked shipped and hit my cc on 7/17. Now the charge is gone from my cc and it's no longer marked shipped on the mint site (says will ship on 7/19, yes I checked it today). What's up with that?
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I had a weird experience...I had my first set marked shipped and hit my cc on 7/17. Now the charge is gone from my cc and it's no longer marked shipped on the mint site (says will ship on 7/19, yes I checked it today). What's up with that? >>

They decided to ship my sets that I ordered on the last day before yours!!! image

Sorry, but I couldn't help myself (I cancelled my order before the ordering window even closed). All I can say is, "Welcome to the US Mint's way of doing things!!!"
  • Options

<< <i>I had a weird experience...I had my first set marked shipped and hit my cc on 7/17. Now the charge is gone from my cc and it's no longer marked shipped on the mint site (says will ship on 7/19, yes I checked it today). What's up with that? >>

The same thing happened to me. I have a valid tracking number, provided by the US Mint via email, but the order shows that I can still cancel it! My package is on it's way but the mint site hasn't caught up yet.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    These are about to fall below $300 on the bay.

• Options

<< <i>These are about to fall below $300 on the bay. >>

Perhaps, but the last four that completed via reg auction....PCGS FS 70...sold for...$323 - $330.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    These are cooling off like igloos.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated population report numbers:
    517956 Enhanced Unc 69 = 2169 / 27.9%, 70 = 5604 / 72.1%, total =7773
    517988 Rev Proof 69 = 2782 / 35.9%, 70 = 4967 / 64.1%, total 7749
    Still no 68's shown. A very high percentage of 70's.
    Would it be possible, and taking into account the falling price on Ebay, that 68's could be the rarer and thus the more valuable coin in the future? Absurd you say? Has it ever happened before?

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my 70s sets from MCM today. I LOVE the Enhanced Finish - what a pleasant surprise!! I like it a lot more then I thought that I would.

I still don't have my sets which I ordered on the afternoon of release form The Mint.

Would be so cool if the Enhanced is one and done.

Will they do another ASE or even an AGE or APE Enhanced??
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt very much that 68s would carry a premium, as one little misplaced bump or nick in the coin and you to could have one too.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
  • Options
    latest pop report PCGS FS 70 (slow Monday)

enhanced.........5703
    reverse............5060

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    My wife missed signing for my shipment of 5 from the Mint on Friday, 7/19 (was shipped on 7/17) by UPS. Ordered 1st day in the 12:00 hour.

Was delivered on Monday morning. Shipped out the 4 Pre-Sale sets I sold on ebay and put the last one in the safe as it's $0 cost due to the profit on the other sets. They were all perfect coins, not a blemish on any of them.

My 2- 70FS Flag sets from Goldmart haven't shipped yet. Maybe soon. I should have Pre-Sold one on the 'bay when they were bringing close to $400 but didn't want to take that chance and not be able to fulfill in case Goldmart didn't fulfill with me.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>My wife missed signing for my shipment of 5 from the Mint on Friday, 7/19 (was shipped on 7/17) by UPS. Ordered 1st day in the 12:00 hour.

Was delivered on Monday morning. Shipped out the 4 Pre-Sale sets I sold on ebay and put the last one in the safe as it's $0 cost due to the profit on the other sets. They were all perfect coins, not a blemish on any of them.

My 2- 70FS Flag sets from Goldmart haven't shipped yet. Maybe soon. I should have Pre-Sold one on the 'bay when they were bringing close to $400 but didn't want to take that chance and not be able to fulfill in case Goldmart didn't fulfill with me. >>

Agree...I'm in the same boat with GM. Still awaiting my orders from May & June.image
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    I finally got the mint notification that they are on the way. I ordered one set as I have for previous sets. I have no desire to have these or any other sets graded, nor do I buy into the First Strike designation.
    Paul
  • Options
    I am also waiting for a GM PCGS set. Looks like they are the last ones out the door with them. I got my other PCGS Flag set

early last week. I think the final PCGS FS POP's will be 7,000 +. The final factor to affect the potential value of these sets

will be how many mint orders were cancelled and the final mintage number.image
  • Options
    Also still waiting for my Goldmart set ....
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Also still waiting for my Goldmart set .... >>

Just got off the phone with Goldmart, they said they are "experiencing a shipping delay" and blaming it on PCGS. Said they "should" be getting a shipment in by the end of this week and will ship them out ASAP.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Is anyone experiencing spotting on their graded Enhanced Mint State Coins yet?
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

My 10 set order was supposed to ship 7/24. before I left for work ( 7/23 ) I checked to see if perhaps the sets were shipped yet - No, still 7/24.

Well, I just got home an hour ago and now it says my sets will ship 7/19/13 ! How strange is that?

Will the sets actually ship around 8/1? This is totally a messed up thing going on with PGBG ( or whatever they call themselves ).

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    I just got off the phone with a US Mint Representative and while I do understand that they are not hiring Rocket Scientists for the job, I do wish they at least hired people with just a bit of logical ability. I mean, here the Mint has been moving shipping dates up into the future but now they move them into the past? How do you justify moving a 7/24 ship date to 7/19, on 7/24? If you had done this on 7/10 or 7/18, that would be understandable. But why on 7/24 do you move the ship date to 7/19 ( 5 days into the past ) and then state that you dont know when they will actually ship? Thats plain stupid !

Why not move the ship date to something like 7/29? Maybe 8/10 would be an even better ship date.

The US Mint obviously employs BS Representatives rather than CS Representatives.

• Options

<< <i>I just got off the phone with a US Mint Representative and while I do understand that they are not hiring Rocket Scientists for the job, I do wish they at least hired people with just a bit of logical ability. I mean, here the Mint has been moving shipping dates up into the future but now they move them into the past? How do you justify moving a 7/24 ship date to 7/19, on 7/24? If you had done this on 7/10 or 7/18, that would be understandable. But why on 7/24 do you move the ship date to 7/19 ( 5 days into the past ) and then state that you dont know when they will actually ship? Thats plain stupid !

Why not move the ship date to something like 7/29? Maybe 8/10 would be an even better ship date.

The US Mint obviously employs BS Representatives rather than CS Representatives. >>

PBGS....Not Mint employees, but a firm hired (Pitney Bowes Government Services) to handle shipments, orders & inquiries.

NO CHANGE IN THE POP REPORT FROM YESTERDAY
  • Options
    SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My 10 set order was supposed to ship 7/24. before I left for work ( 7/23 ) I checked to see if perhaps the sets were shipped yet - No, still 7/24.

Well, I just got home an hour ago and now it says my sets will ship 7/19/13 ! How strange is that?

Will the sets actually ship around 8/1? This is totally a messed up thing going on with PGBG ( or whatever they call themselves ). >>

========================================

If you ordered a couple sets on 5/9 at 10:36 PM, I would guess your like me "in a backordered status", (whatever that means)

My order was around 4pm with various ship dates of 7/2, 8/9 and currently at 7/19. Still nothing in stock and reserved.

Best Of Luck!

• Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Let's give the USM Reps all the credit that they deserve. Think about it, why not use 7/19 (ironically, the PCGS FS Cut-off Date) to hold 1000's of S40 orders in limbo until past the 7/19 date to ship the sets. In the confusion, you forget to cancel the order that did not ship on a timely basis. Again, give these folks credit for manipulating the estd. shipping date of 7/19. Really, I am losing interest in the USM offerings at staggering prices relative to melt and having to count on such unprofessionally folks.
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    So, now that these have hit the door steps of the early birds, I wonder how many have been opened, cherry-picked and the duds returned? Then, the next question is how many duds will be shipped out to the people who have sets backorder? It sure seems this would be a cost savings to the Mint rahter than Minting new and melting the duds!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

for novelty's sake

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file