Home U.S. Coin Forum

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like the going price including shipping is around $ 310.00 at most Dealers. Most include OGP but not all. image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No change since Wednesday in the 70 FS pop.

Enhanced.....1870
    Rev.............1830

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • libertydudelibertydude Posts: 243 ✭✭

<< <i>I just was looking at a "Don't Tread on Me" PCGS insert. I was unaware of this. Apparently PCGS is for limited Gov't, so am I.
    July 19th is the cut-off date for FS right? After this date the entire box has to sent in unopened?

EDIT: Never mind confirmed the July 19th date.

2013ASEset >>

Like the idea behind the label more than the label itself. Would consider getting if it wasn't $100 more than the set I have pre-ordered. No label is worth $100 to me... LOL!
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<No label is worth $100 to me... LOL!>>

That label is $100?

Question for you guys. I bought 5 sets, thinking of submitting for the FS label. Which means I have to join PCGS, pay for the shipping and submission fee's then hope I get some 70's. With my luck I'll up with 69's and 68's. When you account for the Ebay/PP fees I don't see much potential for profit, unless your talking 100 sets. The other half is saying to keep in the unopened box. I still have some time to think it through before the cutoff date.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Well, when you consider thefees:

Ebay = 10%
    PayPal = 3%
    Shipping (assuming free shipping) = 2 to 3%

That is 16% right off the top.

Then, the membership fee (but there are more benefits and just submission rights), grading/FS fees, shipping fees and rolling the dice for 70's!!!

It is a tough decision. I wanted 70 sets and bought 70 sets. Flipped a few for a small profit to reduce the cost of the ones I want to keep.
    Here is an interesting thought from the US Mint News Blog:

Jess says:

July 8, 2013 at 7:41 pm
    Some numbers to think about and is the Mint, just being down right dishonest. I ordered a single set around 8 the first day. According to the Mint, they sold 138,514 sets the 1st day, leaving at “least” 142,796 sets sold AFTER my order. So why did I get a email telling me this set will be shipped 9/17 which is the last day they well be shipped. How do I know this is the last day of shipping? Because I also ordered one in the last few hours, which well be shipped 9/17. Just why wouldn’t this set be shipped midway through the shipping process, LOL.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    I would not place any confidence in any shipping date until it says "in stock and reserved"....dates will change at the drop of a hat
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No change since Wednesday in the 70 FS pop.

Enhanced.....1870
    Rev.............1830 >>

The regular population report was updated on Monday again.
    69 70 total
    Enhanced....842 (31%)....1870 (69%)....2712
    Rev PF.........926 (33.6%)..1830(66.4%).2756

So the regular population numbers have caught up to the registry numbers....but probably not for long. Still, a 2 to 1 advantage for a 70 grade (discounting those 68 and lower which aren't reported yet)

• SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is an interesting thought from the US Mint News Blog:

Jess says:

July 8, 2013 at 7:41 pm
    Some numbers to think about and is the Mint, just being down right dishonest. I ordered a single set around 8 the first day. According to the Mint, they sold 138,514 sets the 1st day, leaving at “least” 142,796 sets sold AFTER my order. So why did I get a email telling me this set will be shipped 9/17 which is the last day they well be shipped. How do I know this is the last day of shipping? Because I also ordered one in the last few hours, which well be shipped 9/17. Just why wouldn’t this set be shipped midway through the shipping process, LOL. >>

===========================================

I got an order in around 4pm the first day.
    I got an email saying the order will be shipped on 8/9.
    Currently, the cancel box is still there and nothing is in stock and reserved so far->which indicates to me (just a guess) they are still processing orders for 8/9 prior to 4pm.
    I've got a couple of other orders that show a projected ship date of 9/17->I'm kind of worried that the sets I receive on 9/17 are going to be previously returned sets although I hope not!

Best Of Luck!
  • dmarksdmarks Posts: 450 ✭✭
    Just spoke to goldmart. They have received their sets and they are at ngc being graded now. Sounds like shipping should start in a week or two. Hope that helps.

<< <i>Well, when you consider thefees:

Ebay = 10%
    PayPal = 3%

Then, the membership fee (but there are more benefits and just submission rights), grading/FS fees, shipping fees and rolling the dice for 70's!!!

It is a tough decision. I wanted 70 sets and bought 70 sets. Flipped a few for a small profit to reduce the cost of the ones I want to keep. >>

not sure how you arrived at those figures...

ebay....6%...minus 20% refund for FVF
    paypal....about 3%

total fees...less than 9%

<< <i>Just spoke to goldmart. They have received their sets and they are at ngc being graded now. Sounds like shipping should start in a week or two. Hope that helps. >>

Not interested in NGC graded coins...what about the PCGS orders?

<< <i>

Ebay = 10%
    PayPal = 3%

It is a tough decision. I wanted 70 sets and bought 70 sets. Flipped a few for a small profit to reduce the cost of the ones I want to keep. >>

paypal....about 3%

total fees...less than 9% >>

I believe they raised their fees again, at least on BIN listings. They now charge a flat 10% on all sales of bullion. It surprised the crapola out of me. Go use their calculator, select coins/bullion and plug in $400. The fee is $40.00.
    "This spring, eBay will virtually eliminate the basic upfront cost to list for all sellers—here's how: with eBay's new everyday rate plans, all sellers get FREE listings* every month—fixed price or Auction-style. There's a plan to meet the needs of all sellers. For one low monthly fee you can subscribe to an eBay Store and get from up to 150 to 2,500 free listings*, with final value fees simplified to just five competitive category-based rates from 4%-9%*. With eBay standard rates, you still get up to 50 free listings per month—now either fixed price or Auction-style—and one simplified 10% final value rate*. Choose the plan that's best for you."

So, if you don't have a Store that you have to pay a monthly fee for, then you have one simplified 10% final value rate*.

<< <i>Not interested in NGC graded coins...what about the PCGS orders? >>

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Ebay = 10%
    PayPal = 3%

paypal....about 3%

Ebay FVF are a flat 10% now..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Yup, I quoted the eBay policy above.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Ebay = 10%
    PayPal = 3%

paypal....about 3%

Ebay FVF are a flat 10% now.. >>

Not is you own an eBay store. Flat 10% fee is for non store owners
    I had to open them, guess I'll just keep em. I can't see spending $400 + more dollars for submission/Ebay/PP/shipping fees for an opinion that will more than likely be MS69. Not to mention a buyer that isn't happy and wants a refund because there is a scratch on the slab. That would be my luck image I did join PCGS today and will be sending in some other stuff to be slabbed.
    Peace image

• SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

They also raised the price to $299.00.
    Goldmart >>

What was it before?
    Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
    <<Awesome pics and the coins look great!!>>

Some of the EP's have deeper fields than others. The one I imaged has deeper obverse mirrors than the reverse.
    I spent a good amount of time examining them with a 2x, 5x and 10x loupe. IMO I felt 2 sets were 70 caliber and one RP was that of a 70. I spent about 5 minutes per coin and cataloged every single little blemish, then reviewed them again. I need help image
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

They also raised the price to $299.00.
    Goldmart >>

What was it before? >>

$274.99
  • coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<Awesome pics and the coins look great!!>>

Some of the EP's have deeper fields than others. The one I imaged has deeper obverse mirrors than the reverse.
    I spent a good amount of time examining them with a 2x, 5x and 10x loupe. IMO I felt 2 sets were 70 caliber and one RP was that of a 70. I spent about 5 minutes per coin and cataloged every single little blemish, then reviewed them again. I need help image >>

I was wondering if the fields were different image I wonder why that is?

I haven't received mine yet and very anxious to see them.

The date style on the RP and enhanced look different......does it look that way in hand or maybe the frost makes it appear different?

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is the cut off date for 1st strike?

Hoard the keys.
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    July 19 th cutoff date.

My sets arrived at PCGS on Monday and logged in today.

Joe

<< <i>Not is you own an eBay store. Flat 10% fee is for non store owners >>

90% of the poster here don't have a store!

So, what is the monthly fee for having a store????
    <<I haven't received mine yet and very anxious to see them.>>

The EP really isn't a true proof with deep watery mirrors, like we've been accustomed to. I have Morgans with deeper mirrors. They're similar to Unc. Canadian coins that have a PL appearance. You'll know what I mean when you look at them Steph.
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<I haven't received mine yet and very anxious to see them.>>

The EP really isn't a true proof with deep watery mirrors, like we've been accustomed to. I have Morgans with deeper mirrors. They're similar to Unc. Canadian coins that have a PL appearance. You'll know what I mean when you look at them Steph. >>

I don't believe they were presented as being proofs so that would make sense....
    <<I don't believe they were presented as being proofs so that would make sense....>>

Yes you're correct, technically it's an enhanced uncirculated ASE, but mine are all PL, as is the case for the whole run probably.
    Anyone come across an EU that's possess flat silver fields, like a BS or burnished example?

EDIT: I just did a text test, and could clearly read it from 6 inches away.

Correction: Over 12" away.
    It looks like the Mint Slow Shipping Virus is spreadding. I got a tracking number from Pinehurst on Monday however
    they have not received and logged in at the post office as of Wednesday morning.image

<< <i>

So, what is the monthly fee for having a store???? >>

I find that hard to believe. It only takes 100 sales per year with a total of $1000 in sales.
    Monthly fee is either $14.99 or $19.99 & if you're a top rated seller, eBay refunds you 20% of your FVF.
    Latest PCGS 70 FS pops.

Enhanced: 1914
    Reverse: 1873
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭

<< <i><<I don't believe they were presented as being proofs so that would make sense....>>

Yes you're correct, technically it's an enhanced uncirculated ASE, but mine are all PL, as is the case for the whole run probably.
    Anyone come across an EU that's possess flat silver fields, like a BS or burnished example?

EDIT: I just did a text test, and could clearly read it from 6 inches away. >>

Looks like you got some special ones. It might eventually be like the UHR with the PL designation. I'd hang onto them and wait it out then maybe send them off to the plastic factory.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
    <<Looks like you got some special ones. It might eventually be like the UHR with the PL designation. I'd hang onto them and wait it out then maybe send them off to the plastic factory.>>

In this particular example, I was able to clearly read text from 12+ inches. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
    I found one upon closer inspection that has even deeper mirrors. I'll try to take the best text shot I can.

OPA,

Most likely a waste of time counting the 70 FS POP's at this time. Dozens of dealers each have thousands of sets
    at PCGS to be graded. Once they catch up and fully update the POP's it will jump into the tens of thousands for first strike.
    And if the market does not drop too fast total 70's could approach 50,000.image

<< <i>OPA,

Most likely a waste of time counting the 70 FS POP's at this time. Dozens of dealers each have thousands of sets
    at PCGS to be graded. Once they catch up and fully update the POP's it will jump into the tens of thousands for first strike.
    And if the market does not drop too fast total 70's could approach 50,000.image >>

Most of the dealers bulk submissions have either been graded or about to be graded.

Latest totals

enhanced...........2215
    reverse prf.........1873

I would love to see the numbers stay that low but expect the total FS 70's from PCGS to easily reach 10,000.
    The NGC Early Release will probably be in the 15,000 - 20,000 range. Add in the ANACS 70's and the total
    could top 30,000. Just my projections from what I have seen and heard. I hope I am incorrect.image
    Pinehurst is shipping their NGC sets. Mine is scheduled to arrive Monday.image

<< <i>Add in the ANACS >>

Who?????????????

Can't wait until my PCGS sets arrive. I will put one away for me and one for my second grandchild who is due in September.image

<< <i>

<< <i>Add in the ANACS >>

Who?????????????

image >>

double image
    I agree that their label is not worth $$it. However a percentage, even if small, of the coins are true 70's.

The slab is not everything. Just knowing there are many quality 70 coins out there lowers the overall 70 added value in my opinion.
  • brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    has anyone order from coinadvisor and recieved?
    latest PCGS FS 70 totals

enhanced.......2470
    reverse..........2037

appear to be slowing down
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I find that hard to believe. It only takes 100 sales per year with a total of $1000 in sales.
    Monthly fee is either $14.99 or $19.99 & if you're a top rated seller, eBay refunds you 20% of your FVF. >>

I don't find it hard to believe. Many sellers are sometimes sellers for ebay and not necessarily wanting to have a store. Myself included; though I haven't even sold "sometimes" for awhile.
    Financially, yes, it could make sense after a bit, however, if one were to just sell for a month or two a year, then maybe one doesn't want to mess with a store.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Monthly fee is either $14.99 or $19.99 & if you're a top rated seller, eBay refunds you 20% of your FVF. >>

I don't find it hard to believe. Many sellers are sometimes sellers for ebay and not necessarily wanting to have a store. Myself included; though I haven't even sold "sometimes" for awhile.
    Financially, yes, it could make sense after a bit, however, if one were to just sell for a month or two a year, then maybe one doesn't want to mess with a store..... >>

The $19.90 option, allows you to cancel your store any time. The $14.90 option is for a 1 year contract. Even if you only plan on selling for a month or two, you'll need to do the math to see if saving 4% of eBay fee is worth your effort after including the $19.90 store fee. Don't forget, the 20% refund of your FVF, if you're a "top rated" seller.
  • ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭
    Snippet from my Goldmart.com email received just now:

SHIPPING UPDATE: For customers who have placed pre-sale orders, or are planning to purchase NGC Certified Sets, they are in stock and sets will start to ship today.

For customers who have placed pre-sale orders, or are planning to purchase PCGS Certified Sets, due to logistical issues at the U.S. Mint, and the bottleneck at PCGS, sets will be delayed and should ship the week of July 21st.

<< <i>Snippet from my Goldmart.com email received just now:

SHIPPING UPDATE: For customers who have placed pre-sale orders, or are planning to purchase NGC Certified Sets, they are in stock and sets will start to ship today.

For customers who have placed pre-sale orders, or are planning to purchase PCGS Certified Sets, due to logistical issues at the U.S. Mint, and the bottleneck at PCGS, sets will be delayed and should ship the week of July 21st. >>

Thanks...got the same email today. Looks like they lowered the price to $289 from $299.
    Yet supplies are limited!!!

I don't remember that from my Econ classes!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file