Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    First Strike designation is an additional $18/coin. This fee covers the cost to return OGP

(included in the $18.00 FS fee)

(l8-)>>

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Remember the FS eligability is not based on when you receive the item, but
    when the item was shipped. Some package labels show the date shipped.
    All packages should contain an envoice indicating date shipped.
    The order number on the mint website will show date shipped.
    The tracking number at the shipper website will indicate date shipped.
    (If you decide to keep it sealed to verify at a later date) >>

You are correct Edgar......if......
    You can open your box and choose only those you want to send in for FS designation if you can get a submission back out before the July 19th deadline. If you receive your box after the 19th, and you want FS designation, and you have an original shipping date from the mint before the deadline, then you have to send in the sealed box to prove it meets the FS qualifications.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS FS 70 Pop report as of 6/28
    enhanced...............1037
    rev. prf..................1002

PCGS is busy cranking them out. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>First Strike designation is an additional $18/coin. This fee covers the cost to return OGP

(included in the $18.00 FS fee) >>

Remember the 2009 UHR OGP???
    Once PCGS realized they needed another couple USPS trucks to haul the myriads of UHR OGP's. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>First Strike designation is an additional $18/coin. This fee covers the cost to return OGP

(included in the $18.00 FS fee) >>

Remember the 2009 UHR OGP???
    Once PCGS realized they needed another couple USPS trucks to haul the myriads of UHR OGP's. image >>

I don't...but I sure remembered it for the 20th ASE debacle, because several coins in that set were already issued.

changed to 20th..
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I suspect lots of cancellations.
    One friend of mine ordered Day 2, was originally scheduled for a 7/25 ship date - changed to 9/17.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    My five single orders shipped Friday. All ordered within the first hour. These will stay sealed and put away. With silver at $19 its going to hurt. Almost a $100 premium for these. I hope there are a lot of cancellations.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Just checked my Order Status. Ship date has moved from 8/8 a few days ago, to 9/17 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will take delivery, select some nice ones ( IF THERE are nice ones ) and return the rest.

By the time I do get any Coins, they will almost certainly be returns from the early shipped sets.

image mint
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Collusion is an agreement between two or more parties, sometimes illegal and therefore secretive, to limit open competition by deceiving, misleading, or defrauding others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically by defrauding or gaining an unfair advantage.[citation needed] It is an agreement among firms or individuals to divide a market, set prices, limit production or limit opportunities.[1] It can involve "wage fixing, kickbacks, or misrepresenting the independence of the relationship between the colluding parties".[2] In legal terms, all acts affected by collusion are considered void.[3]

Keep pushing the ship date back and there must certainly not be any attempt to get anyone to cancel. Everything seems square to me.

• Options
    Latest PCGS FS 70 pop. report 6/29...PCGS is woikin overtime

enhanced..... 1589
    rev. prf........ 1503
  • Options

<< <i>Latest PCGS FS 70 pop. report 6/29...PCGS is woikin overtime

enhanced..... 1589
    rev. prf........ 1503 >>

Thanks for your updates of FS 70's. Would it be possible to report the 69s' and 68's too? This way we could get an idea of the spread of the top 3 grades and what we might expect for our submissions.

• Options

<< <i>

enhanced..... 1589
    rev. prf........ 1503 >>

Thanks for your updates of FS 70's. Would it be possible to report the 69s' and 68's too? This way we could get an idea of the spread of the top 3 grades and what we might expect for our submissions. >>

Nope...you would need a coin# with that grade & I don't have a 69 or 68
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ship date, originally scheduled for 7/8, has now been pushed out to 9/17, with cancel box gone.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My ship date, originally scheduled for 7/8, has now been pushed out to 9/17, with cancel box gone. >>

I can't figure out the mint's shipping dates on my orders:

Order Date 5/09/2013, current scheduled shipping date 8/08/2013;

Order Date 5/28/2013, current scheduled shipping date 9/17/2013;

Order Date 6/06/2013, current scheduled shipping date 7/14/2013.

Cancel Boxes still available on all orders.

Does this make any sense? Not to me anyway!

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My ship date, originally scheduled for 7/8, has now been pushed out to 9/17, with cancel box gone. >>

image >>

The Mint has never made any sense.
    There are some consistent behaviors they follow but not all the time.
    The one thing for sure is you will get your coins when you get them. (in hand that is)

Usually it works this way for me.

Order on Hold
    Order then "in process"---item has scheduled ship date
    Item is "in stock and reserved"
    Cancel box goes away---Debit/credit card has funds reserved.
    The funds are released---then item shows shipped.
    I sign for package---Card is charged.

This order can be changed, cancelled, amended at US Mint discretion for any reason.

Joe

Edited to add:

Here I sit now at this stage waiting for the shipping notice with tracking #

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

enhanced..... 1589
    rev. prf........ 1503 >>

Thanks for your updates of FS 70's. Would it be possible to report the 69s' and 68's too? This way we could get an idea of the spread of the top 3 grades and what we might expect for our submissions. >>

Nope...you would need a coin# with that grade & I don't have a 69 or 68 >>

I got these numbers from the regular number look-up and population report. Does this help? The 70's are running way ahead, 3 to 1, for the Enhanced Unc and a little ahead for the Rev PF. No 68's in this regular report...funny huh. This will undoubtedly change as more get graded.

edited to add further info:
    Actual Coin numbers gotten off Ebay. The population numbers match those shown above which are not as accurate as those given by OPA as he has explained for his 70's. You can check under Certification Verification using these certificate numbers to get the latest populations. If OPA would help us out and post the more accurate numbers using his registry set method....if it's possible (it might not be)....it would be appreciated. No 68's shown yet. I'll keep checking Ebay for the numbers:

70 FS Rev PF 27926627
    70 FS En Unc 27926597

69 FS Rev PF 27926563
    69 FS En Unc 27926545

• Options
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

The one thing for sure is you will get your coins when you get them. (in hand that is)

Order on Hold

This order can be changed, cancelled, amended at US Mint discretion for any reason.

Joe

Edited to add:

Cancel box goes away---Debit/credit card has funds reserved. >>

Joe, in my case, the order has been "in process" for weeks now but the cancel box disappeared about a month ago. I'm not planning to cancel as the 3 sets I ordered were for my PC, but I'm wondering if the Mint has taken away the cancel box earlier than usual in an effort to limit cancellations. I placed my order on 5/10.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Order on Hold

Joe

Edited to add:

Cancel box goes away---Debit/credit card has funds reserved. >>

Joe, in my case, the order has been "in process" for weeks now but the cancel box disappeared about a month ago. I'm not planning to cancel as the 3 sets I ordered were for my PC, but I'm wondering if the Mint has taken away the cancel box earlier than usual in an effort to limit cancellations. I placed my order on 5/10. >>

SIGN in to your USmint Account and then track your order... Cancel box should be visible.

Erik
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH THE INSANITY!

My 5/9 evening orders are now pushed BACK from 7/25 to 9/17!

My 6/16 orders are now pushed UP from 9/30 to 7/25!

Where's the humanity?

FIFO & FS R FUBAR
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>$362.00
    $361.09 >>

I can't find any of the "big boys" with any in stock. What's going on?
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$362.00
    $361.09 >>

Both of those were "Pre-sales".

I had to laugh at the first one that said “These sets are fresh from PCGS, the Slabs or Holder are pristine” in the title yet states in his description:

"I'm expecting delivery mid to the end of July. If you can't wait for these coins than please don't purchase them! I'm sure you will understand that with PCGS its first come first serve and to tell you the truth, so I ask for your patience!"

So, how does he know the slabs or holders are pristine when he hasn't even seem them yet??? is he pulling a fast one hoping people won't notice the actual ship date is mid to late July?

On another note, what happens if all these "Pre-seller'" don't get their coins or over-sell? Refunds???
  • Options
    On another note, what happens if all these "Pre-seller'" don't get their coins or over-sell? Refunds???

I have more than once pondered that question.
    Why anyone would buy PCGS slabbed coins on this basis should have their heads examined.
  • Options

enhanced..... 1589
    rev. prf........ 1503 >>

I was watching Home Shopping Network last night and the guy said HSN bought roughly 10% of the total mintage and that 1% (2500 sets) graded ANACS First Day Of Issue RP70 / EU70. They were selling those sets for $399.95 + $10.95 Shipping. I wonder if these were FIFO from the mint?
  • Options
    The regular population report updated today
    For the Rev PF 30.8% are 69, 69.2% are 70
    For the En Unc 26.9% are 69, 73.1% are 70
    This is a nice ratio of 70's so far.

Still no 68's reported

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my order 5/8/13 @ 12:48 shipped today 7/1/13
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

<< <i>The regular population report updated today

Still no 68's reported >>

That's most likely due to dealers bulk submissions with a minimum grade stipulated. The 68's will appear, once j6p submits his sets.image
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    Mine shipped today & strangely, I don't care.

Order Date: 05/09/2013 at 12:58 AM
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

<< <i>Mine shipped today & strangely, I don't care.

Order Date: 05/09/2013 at 12:58 AM >>

Lucky you, nothing here yet.

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The regular population report updated today

Still no 68's reported >>

That's most likely due to dealers bulk submissions with a minimum grade stipulated. The 68's will appear, once j6p submits his sets.image >>

Ah, you are so right. With my luck, when I receive my set and submit it I will probably get a 67 grade on both HAHA.

OPA reported on Saturday higher 70 quantity than the regular report total 69 & 70 combined:
    "Saturday June 29, 2013 8:31 AM (NEW!)

Latest PCGS FS 70 pop. report 6/29...PCGS is woikin overtime

enhanced..... 1589
    rev. prf........ 1503"

Maybe he, OPA, can give us an update with his better numbers.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Ah, you are so right. With my luck, when I receive my set and submit it I will probably get a 67 grade on both HAHA."

If the coins begin to spot as so many silver eagles do unfortunately, why would MS67 or MS68 grades be too surprising down the road? Also, I would not be surprised if such a situation resulted in much lower "70" grade through rates later this year. For example, I recently tested a sealed box of 5 of the 2011 sets and my "70" rate 2 years later was nearly half of what it was in 2011 in the early going.

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Ah, you are so right. With my luck, when I receive my set and submit it I will probably get a 67 grade on both HAHA."

If the coins begin to spot as so many silver eagles do unfortunately, why would MS67 or MS68 grades be too surprising down the road? Also, I would not be surprised if such a situation resulted in much lower "70" grade through rates later this year. For example, I recently tested a sealed box of 5 of the 2011 sets and my "70" rate 2 years later was nearly half of what it was in 2011 in the early going.

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin >>

Well put, Mitch.

As I asked earlier, how long do you slab collectors plan on holding the spotty track-proven PCGS 70's??
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    As of this AM 7/2 .. latest pop

reverse................1653
    enhanced.............1589

slowing down? or Monday blahs?
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the item status changes to "In stock and reserved", is this an indication there on the way?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>When the item status changes to "In stock and reserved", is this an indication there on the way? >>

That means you are in luck and they are set aside for you.

Mine was like that for a few days and just shipped today- no tracking yet by UPS site.

Joe
  • Options
    So, it looks like the PCGS FS 70 sets are going for around $350 - $400 currently on eBay. With a cost of $140 plus $80 (?) grading fees, it would appears there is some profit to be made. Any guess if the prices will decrease or increase in the future???
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So, it looks like the PCGS FS 70 sets are going for around $350 - $400 currently on eBay. With a cost of $140 plus $80 (?) grading fees, it would appears there is some profit to be made. Any guess if the prices will decrease or increase in the future??? >>

Don't forget those lovely selling fees and the burden of any non-70's. I think the price will stick for a good while with some fluctuations.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    In a "mint to order" scenario, what does the Mint do with sets that are returned?

Do they just re-package and re-ship out to the next in line?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
  • Options

<< <i>When the item status changes to "In stock and reserved", is this an indication there on the way? >>

Possibly on the way internally in the Mint from production to the shipping department. (The Mint uses an outside vendor, Pitney Bowes, to handle shipping) It seems to be the step between "in process" and "shipped". It should switch shortly to shipped status. Give it up to 24 hours for your tracking number to start working.

• Options

<< <i>Don't forget those lovely selling fees and the burden of any non-70's. I think the price will stick for a good while with some fluctuations. >>

Thus the reason I said "some money." I don't think these will be "Moon money" or even close. As for the non-70's, that is why I cancelled my Mint order and just bought them on the secondary market before the eBay sales started. Sometimes you need to know when to hold them or when to fold them!!!
  • Options
    anybody know where I can buy a set of 70's? Everybody seems to be sold out. . . (I know I can eBay them, but I was hoping to not have to go that route. . .)

thanks

Nooker
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>anybody know where I can buy a set of 70's? Everybody seems to be sold out. . . (I know I can eBay them, but I was hoping to not have to go that route. . .)

thanks

Nooker >>

Moderncoinwholesale has NGC 70's for $271, I didn't look at the label just saw they have in stock w/the 70 grade.

Coinadvisor also has the ngc black retro ER 70 sets at $299, I'd only ordered from them once and they later canned my order claiming out of stock and blaiming their computer system...They have a goofy drag the product to the shopping bag thing but as of now it suggests they're in stock...
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nooker,

I just ordered at Legacy Rare Coins " PCGS70S.COM " they still have plenty of 70's with OGP & COAimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LEGACY RARE COINS has plenty of PCGS 70's with all the different lables available. Includes OGP and free copy of American Silver Eagles bookimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In a "mint to order" scenario, what does the Mint do with sets that are returned?

Do they just re-package and re-ship out to the next in line?

Thanks in advance for any responses. >>

I just inquired to a CS Rep at the US Mint and she said that once these are sold out, the returns they get back are not offered again.

So, it looks like all the flippers that may return their sets that aren't available for a "First Strike label" may bring the final count down on these in the public sector. I hope so.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>I just inquired to a CS Rep at the US Mint and she said that once these are sold out, the returns they get back are not offered again.

So, it looks like all the flippers that may return their sets that aren't available for a "First Strike label" may bring the final count down on these in the public sector. I hope so. >>

So, if these are currently being minted to meet the quantity sold with dates as far out as Sept, you don't think they will recycle returns they receive in late July, early August. Either way, the mintage would go down as they wouldn't have to mint coins they are recycling!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I just inquired to a CS Rep at the US Mint and she said that once these are sold out, the returns they get back are not offered again.

So, it looks like all the flippers that may return their sets that aren't available for a "First Strike label" may bring the final count down on these in the public sector. I hope so. >>

So, if these are currently being minted to meet the quantity sold with dates as far out as Sept, you don't think they will recycle returns they receive in late July, early August. Either way, the mintage would go down as they wouldn't have to mint coins they are recycling!!! >>

While watching HSN a few days ago, the guy said some things that got me thinking.
    1. HSN ordered 10% of the total mintage (say 25,000 sets)
    2. About 1% of the sets ordered will grade 70 quality from grading service (say 2,500 sets - which is what HSN is looking for)
    3. He also said that "most" people who buy from the mint won't qualify for first day of release grading.

My hypothetical question is this: What if HSN doesn't want the 22,500 sets that didn't grade 70?
    They got seven (7) days to return them to the mint.

Now I don't know if this can be done, but it sure is a possibility.
    If (hypothetically) it could be done, what would the Mint do with 22,500 presold sets if they were "minting to demand"?

Thanks.
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    if close to 50% of submitted ASEs are getting 70s at PCGS then you can bet that 50% or greater will go 70 at Anacs. That "only 1% will get 70" statement is crazy. Maybe what he meant was 1% will get "First Day" ANACS labels. Even that is a big exagerration - assuming 50% of their coins get 70s, the number with FD labels is actually closer to 5% (assuming no one else sends their coins to ANACS for the first day label)
  • Options
    D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file