Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set official order thread

Comments

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Probably an error of some sort, but it's still available on the mint's site. image
  • Options
    SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Probably an error of some sort, but it's still available on the mint's site. image >>

You can add the set to your cart for 139.95 using the mint's website. I wonder if your order will be processed!

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Order #41778xxx 6/14/13 email confirmation image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me wonder as to how many orders were cancelled leaving the Mint with a ton of unsold coins, or is it a glitch?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>Order #41778xxx 6/14/13 email confirmation image >>

It will likely be canceled.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    never mind
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Shipping to begin today?

I received a "system generated" email saying my order is backlogged to 7/2/2013.

It didn't take long for that 4:22 AM

Joe

• Options
    I got a new backorder date of 07/02/2013 also.
    My order was one of the first ones in.

Has anyone heard if they are delaying ALL shipments ??? If they ship just one dang set today (06/17) like they originally said, that will start the PCGS 30 day clock for First Strikes.

• Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Same email received. I had my order placed within the first 18 minutes.

Greetings from the United States Mint.
    We regret to inform you that the item(s) listed below
    are currently on backorder. Please expect your item(s)
    to arrive within the timeframe listed below.
    Track your order at http://catalog.usmint.gov
    Thanks again for shopping with the United States Mint.

Order #: 41480XXX - 1
    Sold To : XXXXXXXXXX, XXXX
    Ship To : XXXXXXXXXX, XXXX
    Item: S40 Qty: 2 Exp Ship: 7/02/13
    2013 AM EAGLE SILVER 2-COIN SET (WP)

This is a system generated e-mail. Please do not reply.
    If you have questions, please visit the Help page at .
    http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the majority will be shipped "around" 7/2 ...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I also Can`t understand why they need sealed boxes. That could be an error! image >>

That appears to be an error.

Last sentence of the instructions indicates: •"If you would like the capsules returned you to, please note this on the submission form."

Coins are unique and as long as they qualify time wise for the FS label, Mint packaging should not be a requirement. I'm sure PCGS will correct the instructions. >>

Has there been any change in this?

Joe
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, 7/2 ship date. I ordered with in the first half hour. They are taking care of the dealers first it seems, or they just are not ready to ship? Who knows.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Same here, 7/2 ship date. I ordered with in the first half hour. They are taking care of the dealers first it seems, or they just are not ready to ship? Who knows. >>

If the Mint is delaying shipment to citizens in favor of dealers there would be a huge backlash. If those who ordered from dealers receive their slabs within two weeks of today, give or take, then we will know that the Mint favored dealers. I sure hope those who ordered from dealers report receiving of their slabs right here in this thread on the day the receive them.

And this also asks a question: Will PCGS stick to their rules for FS ? My shipping takes two weeks so I would be on the cusp of falling outside the time limits. Unless sealed boxes would be accepted. And are sealed boxes required in the first place? And if so then all original mint packaging and capsules should be returned at no extra cost. Don't you think?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Same here, 7/2 ship date. I ordered with in the first half hour. They are taking care of the dealers first it seems, or they just are not ready to ship? Who knows. >>

If the Mint is delaying shipment to citizens in favor of dealers there would be a huge backlash. And also asks a question: Will PCGS stick to their rules for FS ? My shipping takes two weeks so I would be on the cusp of falling outside the time limits. Unless sealed boxes would be accepted. And are sealed boxes required in the first place? And if so then all original mint packaging and capsuls should be returned at no extra cost. Don't you think? >>

As far as I know, you are not required to send in all the OGP. The coins are only offered in this set. And as far as FS goes, if the mint moved the ship date so should the TPGs.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options

<< <i>As far as I know, you are not required to send in all the OGP. The coins are only offered in this set. And as far as FS goes, if the mint moved the ship date so should the TPGs. >>

But only if the Mint moves the shipping date for everybody. If the Mint ships to dealers today the clock starts today. And the rest of us are stuck with the shorter timing. That's the big question.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Please calm down..... 06/17 was only an "expected" ship date. I believe everyone has cancel boxes, nobody's cc was charged.

it was obviouse they would not ship on 6/17. My order (12:11) still shows expected ship 6/17, that won't happen, I still have cancel box

and no CC hit. I believe PCGS will accept coins, if postmarked W/I 30 days of first shipped date, sealed mint box after that time for the FS

window. Just wait to see be patient.

(l8-)>>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>As far as I know, you are not required to send in all the OGP. The coins are only offered in this set. And as far as FS goes, if the mint moved the ship date so should the TPGs. >>

But only if the Mint moves the shipping date for everybody. If the Mint ships to dealers today the clock starts today. And the rest of us are stuck with the shorter timing. That's the big question. >>

yeah I suppose your right. Lets here from a couple dealers. Did you guys get the same email?

eBay ID-bruceshort978
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    My credit card was charged today (not just a pending authorization), and I got the same 7-2 ship email. Hopefully the email was a system glitch, sure wouldn't be the first time.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If the Mint is delaying shipment to citizens in favor of dealers there would be a huge backlash >>

And how would you know?????
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If the Mint is delaying shipment to citizens in favor of dealers there would be a huge backlash >>

And how would you know????? >>

If anyone who ordered from a dealer and got their slabs in a time frame that shows the dealers had to have gotten their orders from the mint sooner than regular citizens.

That's why it would be informative and clarifying to hear from forum member John, a reputable dealer, as to his shipping email from the mint today.

But like it was pointed out by edgar the original ship date was an estimate only. With the lack of information the brain spins any tale to fill the gap. I just hope my tale is fiction and not actually taking place.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a bussiness point of view it would make sense that they would ship the largest orders first to get as much revenue as soon as possible. Why send out 2 sets to the first caller and let the order for 40K set linger?
  • Options

<< <i>If anyone who ordered from a dealer and got their slabs in a time frame that shows the dealers had to have gotten their orders from the mint sooner than regular citizens. >>

So, what you are saying is the dealers couldn't have placed their order before the regular citizen? They could have been some of the first and placed huge orders.
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>From a bussiness point of view it would make sense that they would ship the largest orders first to get as much revenue as soon as possible. Why send out 2 sets to the first caller and let the order for 40K set linger? >>

...and to clear inventory and floor space.
  • Options
    The Mint will ship all they have made in a weeks time. I would guess they have 100K made and ramped up production while sets were being sold.

Although the email said 7/2 I would think most that are made will be shipped this week.

Joe

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If anyone who ordered from a dealer and got their slabs in a time frame that shows the dealers had to have gotten their orders from the mint sooner than regular citizens. >>

So, what you are saying is the dealers couldn't have placed their order before the regular citizen? They could have been some of the first and placed huge orders. >>

Of course. They could have and did. But my scenario still holds, as a worst case brain tale. To play favorites toward dealers and delay citizen orders all placed within the first hours would stink of corruption.

Isn't the Mints numismatic program for the people equally? From the Mints web page About the Mint:
    Mission
    The primary mission of the United States Mint is to serve the American people by manufacturing and distributing circulating, precious metal and collectible coins and national medals, and providing security over assets entrusted to us.

Serve the people, not the select few or dealer interests. To be geared toward collectors and not private business concerns. Isn't it the basic American idea of fairness that should be followed? Dealers and citizens get in line equally and place your orders.

And since when does the Government follow business sense image

• Options

<< <i>Isn't the Mints numismatic program for the people equally? >>

Very true but if they have an order for 20,000 sets from one guy who is #15 on the pecking order, and then #16 won't get his until the 50k order is shipped. Assuming there were several big boys who got their orders placed within a few minutes of the opening bell, and they were high number orders, the guy one second after these guys will, again, will be waiting for these huge orders to be filled.

Considering you don’t know where you are compared to some or all these big orders, I don’t know how you will ever be able to tell if some were shipped before yours though I remember in the past, I received my order, ordered the next day before the guys who ordered right after the opening bell. Thus, the reason the Mint came out with their PR statement!
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    US Mint First-in, First-served Order Processing and Fulfillment Procedures

Fixed it, thanks, yeah that doesn't work with two http
  • Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    Just talked to PCGS Bulk about Bulk grading these sets. $12 each Coin Plus $18 each coin
    for First Strike, That $30 per coin total. But you need 100 sets min. ( 200 Coins ) And you
    can`t combine any other coins with the 2013 Silver Eagle sets to make 200 Coins!
  • Options

<< <i>US Mint First-in, First-served Order Processing and Fulfillment Procedures >>

You can't have both http and https in your link!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Isn't the Mints numismatic program for the people equally? >>

Very true but if they have an order for 20,000 sets from one guy who is #15 on the pecking order, and then #16 won't get his until the 50k order is shipped. Assuming there were several big boys who got their orders placed within a few minutes of the opening bell, and they were high number orders, the guy one second after these guys will, again, will be waiting for these huge orders to be filled.

Considering you don’t know where you are compared to some or all these big orders, I don’t know how you will ever be able to tell if some were shipped before yours though I remember in the past, I received my order, ordered the next day before the guys who ordered right after the opening bell. Thus, the reason the Mint came out with their PR statement! >>

Like I said...it's a brain tale. Play alone here for a moment. Lets say that some time before July 8th, that 1st Monday after this new shipping date, some of those who ordered through dealers get their graded slabs and report it here. Further, not one of the members here report that they have even received their Mint order even though they had processed their order within the first 15 minutes. The Mint policy posted by epcjimi1 states first in first shipped. Surely, at least one of the members here would have received their Mint order, or confirmation of shipping, before July 8th. I know, don't call you Shirley. Then there would be strong evidence that the Mint played favorites at the expense of regular people. Therefore the start date for FS timing would begin supposedly when the dealers orders ship and not July 2nd. It's all mind tales until the actual facts revel them selves.

• Options
    Some of these posts remind me of the UHR shipping fiasco. The mint shipped a few, then denied it, the
    one ended up graded by our host. Then the mint acknowledged the shipment, then suspended. Blamed it
    on the book printers in China. I believe the first strike window was reset because of that.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    I was one of those who ordered late but got them shipped early.

Frankly, I am not sure why people are losing sleep over the shipping date. What happens, happens and you won't really be a ble to prove it. Even if ytou could, what are you going to do about it, file a lawsuit??????
  • Options
    No email yet....mine still say 6/17

Re: PCGS FS....this is the last memo I saw:

<< <i>The U.S. Mint recently announced the release of the 2013 American Eagle West Point Two-Coin Silver Set. To commemorate this special event, PCGS has designed a custom West Point label for these unique American Eagle coins. To receive this special label, customers must follow these specific submission instructions: Submit coins in the original unopened, sealed Mint packaging for First Strike Designation. Select either Standard or Secure service type (if utilizing Secure, coins are not eligible for the Standard First Strike label or West Point label). Select service level (Coins can be submitted under Modern tier or higher) For the First Strike Designation, please select the additional service option on the submission form for an additional $18 per coin. First Strike cutoff date to be determined – please contact PCGS Customer Service for further information. To indicate your preferred label, please select "Other" on the service level tier and notate "Standard First Strike Label" or "West Point First Strike Label (Label #20)" (labels cannot be combined). For optimal processing, submit these coins on a separate submission form from other grading services. If you would like the capsules returned you to, please note this on the submission form. >>

• Options
    kingkoin56kingkoin56 Posts: 343 ✭✭
    New delivery date... was 7 - 11 now 6-24 ordered 2: 47 first day
  • Options
    order from 12:12 in stock and reserved cc hit cancel box gone

(l8-)>>

• Options

<< <i>order from 12:12 in stock and reserved cc hit cancel box gone >>

Sweet, I think mine was 12:18

no change in my status.

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>order from 12:12 in stock and reserved cc hit cancel box gone >>

Great! It's a start.....my 1:03pm order cancel box is probably secure for a while yet
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish mine would ship so I can quit thinking about cancelling them. image
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. I have been reading everyday for two years and finally decided to join. My name is Dennis and I am a Silver Addict!
    I got cold feet and cancelled my order for two from the mint when the backorder notice came out, however I have ordrds in for a PCGS-70 set and a NGC-70 set.
    I think I will only order 70"s in the future as I have received too many coins from the mint with spots and scratches. I collect mostly silver proofs but was recently bitten by the gold bug and have purchased a couple of PR-70 proof Buffalos. I have learned a great deal from these message boards and appreciate all the good information that can be found here.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi everyone. I have been reading everyday for two years and finally decided to join. ; >>

Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Well this went for $450....and I have no clue what it is!! >>

How incredibly misleading on both Anacs and the Sellers behalf. On a great day, that set should not have sold for more than $200 and I mean great day.
  • Options
    They finally shipped my Sets, just got confirmed tracking info from mint. Anybody else ? Or did anybody get one before today?

eBay ID-bruceshort978
  • Options
    So, the clock starts now?
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Order placed at 12:18 PM day one. Still expected ship date of June 17(?), and cancel box still there.
  • Options
    ramminrickramminrick Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Four sets ordered on first day at 12:07. In transit by UPS currently in Indianapolis. Delivery date 6-24-13.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order shipped today
  • Options
    jessewvu said: "My order shipped today "

Can you give the details of your order please? Like when your order logged.

I ordered one at 12:22 on that first day. I just checked and I sill see in process, 6/17 as the estimated ship date and the cancel box is there.

• Options

<< <i>jessewvu said: "My order shipped today "

Can you give the details of your order please? Like when your order logged.

I ordered one at 12:22 on that first day. I just checked and I sill see in process, 6/17 as the estimated ship date and the cancel box is there. >>

Same here

Joe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file